What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Shelton (1 Viewer)

fuball

Footballguy
Any value in Eric Shelton? Missed all of last season but had some hype early on before his injury. with Foster signed does this eliminate his chance as a starter?

Any value in Eric Shelton? Missed all of last season but had some hype early on before his injury. with Foster signed does this eliminate his chance as a starter?
I say He's done. :thumbdown:
Good insight Vegas.If anything, I believe the signing of Foster increases the value of Shelton. Foster signed a big enough contract that the Panthers won't be going RB in the draft early, Foster will eventually get hurt again since he hasn't played an entire season without missing multiple games since his High School years (if even that), and Stephen Davis is gone so won't have to share any carries with him.

It's anybody's guess as to what you're gonna get out of Shelton, but his value is as high where he is in his situation presently in Carolina than it would be anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good insight Vegas.If anything, I believe the signing of Foster increases the value of Shelton. Foster signed a big enough contract that the Panthers won't be going RB in the draft early, Foster will eventually get hurt again since he hasn't played an entire season without missing multiple games since his High School years (if even that), and Stephen Davis is gone so won't have to share any carries with him.

It's anybody's guess as to what you're gonna get out of Shelton, but his value is as high where he is in his situation presently in Carolina than it would be anywhere else.
:goodposting: That logic makes sense. Shelton will see a reduced level of competition for carries. He could actually get some goal line duties.

:goodposting: That logic makes sense. Shelton will see a reduced level of competition for carries. He could actually get some goal line duties.
That is true only until Carolina drafts a RB in April. If that RB is drafted anywhere in Rounds 1-4 Shelton won't see the light of day IMO.

What are the latest thoughts on this guy?

I've been gone on vacation for the past week and wasn't able to catch any of the Panthers preseason games. Did Shelton play, and if so, how did he look?

What's it look like for him this year?

last I read .... there was one roster spot for he and another RB. And, it looks even.
Panthers | Haynes or Shelton likely to get cut Published Mon Aug 21 4:08:00 a.m. ET 2006

(KFFL) Darin Gantt, of the Rock Hill Herald, reports either Carolina Panthers RB Alex Haynes or RB Eric Shelton will get cut from the team.

Clearly Foster, Williams & Goings are ahead of him. Goings got the goalline carry.

I think you're really grasping for straws here. May as well go with Stephen Davis.

What are the latest thoughts on this guy?I've been gone on vacation for the past week and wasn't able to catch any of the Panthers preseason games. Did Shelton play, and if so, how did he look?What's it look like for him this year?
He hasn't looked good in pre-season or in practice. For a man as big as he is, he's not hitting people. They want him to move the pile and he's not getting it done. I think there was an article on him in this weeks Charlotte Observer stating as much. I don't think he'll have a problem making the team, but I wouldn't look for him to get significant work unless a lot of people go down to injury.Now, having said that, the same article went on to say that DeAngelo Williams has yet to really wow the staff during practice or pre-season as well. Other than the 1-20 yard run he's been consistently blah. He got a couple carries with the first team against Jacksonville and didn't do much. Take it for what it's worth though, J'ville has a stout D. The guy people have been raving about is Alex Haynes. Undrafted FA who's really done well in pre-season and in camp. Could be the Justin Fargas syndrome though as he's been running against 2nd and 3rd team defenses.

Shelton will get cut.

He does not get his pads low enough and runs too soft. When he goes against the first string in practice, he gets abused.

Son't forget about Robertson, either. He's in the mix, too.

Users who are viewing this thread