What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ERROR IN 15K CONTEST (1 Viewer)

Bristol

Footballguy
Take a look at the roster from the first place team this week. How can a team have:Manning, McNabb, Tomlinson, M. Faulk, Harrison, Gonzo, Philly and Tampa all on the same team?Not possible....Jerome Hasson is a CHEATER!!!! I got bumped cuz of this.....Footballguys better investigate....NOTE: Title Edited By Joe Bryant to better reflect the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
multiple threads discussing this in the 15K contest forum. Joe & co are aware and are investigating. I would check in that forum for the current happenings on this. I would expect if you were bumped by .1 or so on the initial results that you are still in.

Take a look at the roster from the first place team this week. How can a team have:Manning, McNabb, Tomlinson, M. Faulk, Harrison, Gonzo, Philly and Tampa all on the same team?Not possible....Jerome Hasson is a CHEATER!!!! I got bumped cuz of this.....Footballguys better investigate....
Nope, they are going to leave it as is,,,,,,,, :rolleyes: Man, some people are such boneheads :rolleyes:

If that is true, and the contest has been compromised, I will have lost a LOT of respect for FBG. The only way to change players on contest team would be from having 'inside administrative access'. This smells bad for FBG.I hold out hope that there is a logical explanation for this. But, I'd sure like to hear it from their mouths.

If that is true, and the contest has been compromised, I will have lost a LOT of respect for FBG. The only way to change players on contest team would be from having 'inside administrative access'. This smells bad for FBG.I hold out hope that there is a logical explanation for this. But, I'd sure like to hear it from their mouths.
:eek: :rant: :thumbdown: :boxing:

$15,000 Contest Info 9/30 Note: Our program was written to not allow a roster over $200, but somehow a few people were able to bypass this including this week's leader). We are correcting now (disqualifying these entries) and will post corrected results shortly.Week 4 ResultsWeek 4 StatsRules
They are on the ball!!! :thumbup:

It could possibly be that they simply relied on Javascript they had on the entry page to confirm that the salary cap was in place. If they didn't do any server-side checking, perhaps Mr. Hasson just disabled his Javascript and picked who he wanted.

Okay Mr. High and Mighty. :rolleyes: Mistakes happen.Why don't you give them a chance to explain what happened and/or correct the mistake? :thumbdown:

Actually now they need to check the results from every week. First eliminate everyone with an invalid roster then...make the approriate cuts to get to this point.

The real question is:How many other people did this in previous weeks and bumped people who are playing honest? If it was so easy for this guy to change his team in the first place, don't you think it would be just as easy for someone else to do the same thing and then switch it back after he made the cut? You can't trust any of the results from any of the weeks.

have any of the guys at FBGs ever given any of you any reason to doubt their integrity?

jesus. ####!!!

i am not even in this contest...and if I were...I wouldnt be sweating this crap. let the fellas do their job before you all go and start fires.

Last edited by a moderator:
The real question is:How many other people did this in previous weeks and bumped people who are playing honest? If it was so easy for this guy to change his team in the first place, don't you think it would be just as easy for someone else to do the same thing and then switch it back after he made the cut? You can't trust any of the results from any of the weeks.
Who said he changed his team from week to week? To my knowledge, the contest was locked before the first game and NO ONE could change their rosters. I suspect he had this lineup from the begining. You are all overreacting, all they need to do is run some sort of routine to disqualify all of the people who have illegal lineups and then run the results from week 1, 2, 3 and 4 again. I'm confident they'll sort it out, hold off with the conspiracy theories though.

If there is only 1 hack, it would not affect week 1 or week 2. I searched the results and in week 1 8001 people made it. Minus the hack and it's 8000 like it should have been. Week 2 was 6001 and minus the hack 6000. I couldn't find a corrected score list in a hread so week 3 could be iffy.So as long as there is only one hack, there may not be a problem.

Nothing to get your panties in a twist over. Of course the invalid entries will be eliminated - it's really not a big deal.I'm guessing the "cheaters" were probably just messing around. You'd have to be pretty stupid to think that a $400+ roster on the winning wouldn't be noticed.

Bryant just responded to a buddy of mine and said that "There was an error on the display of the teamthat was listed as being in first place".I find that hard to believe. How can there be an error on the display when all of the teams are locked? This guy obviously cheated and instead of sacking up to it, the FBG's are making excuses...... :no:

For two reasons they need to restart the contest.1. People have been cut previously that shouldnt have been.2. If there was a flaw in their software this may not have been the "cheaters" fault if that is the case he really shouldnt be eliminated either.REDO! disclaimer: I am not in the contest.

The bigger problem may be investigating when this occurred. How about teams that were bumped in weeks 1, 2 and 3 because this team was in the mix?

Nothing to get your panties in a twist over. Of course the invalid entries will be eliminated - it's really not a big deal.I'm guessing the "cheaters" were probably just messing around. You'd have to be pretty stupid to think that a $400+ roster on the winning wouldn't be noticed.
Espeically with the stat hounds in this forum. Hundreds of guys search those results and view teams. If there is a cheater, someone in the contest will find it.This week was easy with him winning it. But I'm sure more people will be searching other than the leaders teams from now on. I know I've search about 30 so far today.

If there is only 1 hack
So you think a person who is capable of hacking and went so far as to cheat (assuming this has happend) did not submit multiple teams knowing his chances are greater then most at winning 15k?Have you much experience with internet cheaters and hackers while participating in other online games?
Actually now they need to check the results from every week.
Correct.
If that is true, and the contest has been compromised
Correct.All rosters and teams should have been released before the first games were played.

For two reasons they need to restart the contest.1. People have been cut previously that shouldnt have been.2. If there was a flaw in their software this may not have been the "cheaters" fault if that is the case he really shouldnt be eliminated either.REDO! disclaimer: I am not in the contest.
1. Already been addressed. And, I'm sure they will reinstate anyone who was bumped when the shouldn't have2. It is generally a poor idea with web software to use only client side Java Script as your only error checking as this can easily be defeated. However, the contest rules were crystal clear about the $200 limit and no way this clown could have made a mistake and come up with $460 roster. No one is that stupid, and if they are then they should be DQ'd for being that dumb. No reason to start over.

So you think a person who is capable of hacking and went so far as to cheat (assuming this has happend) did not submit multiple teams knowing his chances are greater then most at winning 15k?
The hacker did not do this to win. Don't you think that someone would think to check the values of the players of the winning roster? No, the hacker did this to compromise the contest. :thumbdown:

2. It is generally a poor idea with web software to use only client side Java Script as your only error checking as this can easily be defeated. However, the contest rules were crystal clear about the $200 limit and no way this clown could have made a mistake and come up with $460 roster. No one is that stupid, and if they are then they should be DQ'd for being that dumb.
I agree but if in their investigation they find that there were many entries over the limit and some just barely then it is not neccesarily the fault of the participants

So you think a person who is capable of hacking and went so far as to cheat (assuming this has happend) did not submit multiple teams knowing his chances are greater then most at winning 15k?Have you much experience with internet cheaters and hackers while participating in other online games?Correct.Correct.All rosters and teams should have been released before the first games were played.
No I don't. I'm sure there are more and that is why "IF" was used.

if in their investigation they find that there were many entries over the limit and some just barely then it is not neccesarily the fault of the participants
Yes it is. The rules were clear on a $200 cap. If the rules were not followed how is it anyones fault other than the one who broke them?

The rules were clear on a $200 cap. If the rules were not followed how is it anyones fault other than the one who broke them?
It also seemed clear that the system wouldnt let you go over 200...I'm really not concerned as I am not in the contest but I am a subscriber and I am concerned for the integrity of FBG.

So you think a person who is capable of hacking and went so far as to cheat (assuming this has happend) did not submit multiple teams knowing his chances are greater then most at winning 15k?
The hacker did not do this to win. Don't you think that someone would think to check the values of the players of the winning roster? No, the hacker did this to compromise the contest. :thumbdown:
So you are saying that you are the hacker. :excited: Because only he knows the reasons. As well as the number of entries. There could be several subtle ones as well as this this not so subtle entry. And being on the subject of hacking, why not just change his line up as he see's fit each week? Sorry, but I see lots of hacking/cheating in various online games that I play, and to underestimate the possibilities is to make yet another mistake.I do hope this is not the case here at FBGs.

Yes it is. The rules were clear on a $200 cap. If the rules were not followed how is it anyones fault other than the one who broke them?
i didnt count my dollars as i was going, i put in something in the ball park of 200 and then made adjustments. If i went over 200 the first time i wouldnt have noticed if it allowed me to do so.

<--- not in contestBut I'm curious what low life scum would do such a thing... any idea who it was? They should be banned from here to eternity, IP and all.

i didnt count my dollars as i was going, i put in something in the ball park of 200 and then made adjustments. If i went over 200 the first time i wouldnt have noticed if it allowed me to do so.
I tried to add an extra dollar for my kicker at the beginning just to see if it was calculating the cap for me. It did NOT allow me to enter more than $200 worth of cap players.

But I'm curious what low life scum would do such a thing... any idea who it was? They should be banned from here to eternity, IP and all.
It is unbelievable yet possible this wasnt done on purpose...maybe he didnt read the rules...I dont know but I am not blaming him just the system.

You Chicken Littles are killing me. This is not the end of the world.The rules were clear, $200 or less. If you can add, you can follow the rules. If you DON'T follow the rules, you will be disqualified. The restrictions were in place to make it EASIER to follow the rules. If you disable them or are simply unfortunately enough to have them not work for you, it's STILL your responsibility to add up your team. If you didn't, your DESERVE to be disqualified.As for the call for a "redo", what the hell does THAT mean? You want a content from week 5 forward? How stupid would that be?Look, after submision of your team, there are no decisions to be made. It will be very easy to re-calculate the results after the invalid teams are removed from the pool. Nothing will change except that MAYBE a few more teams will make the cut that hadn't made it before.Finally, though I obviously have no idea what the real problem is, it is CERTAINLY possible that the display code for a team could be the culprit rather than the actual team submission. They are two separate chunks of code and either could be buggy. It SEEMS more likely to me that there was a submission problem than that there is a dsiplay problem simply because it is a template and it would be odd that one (or a few) teams would be displaying incorrectly while the rest are displaying fine from the same template. That said, there certainly COULD be a problem in that area.Oh yeah - one more thing:If your team is that close to the cut-off point it sucks anyway. You should have picked a better team. :P

2. It is generally a poor idea with web software to use only client side Java Script as your only error checking as this can easily be defeated. However, the contest rules were crystal clear about the $200 limit and no way this clown could have made a mistake and come up with $460 roster. No one is that stupid, and if they are then they should be DQ'd for being that dumb.
I agree but if in their investigation they find that there were many entries over the limit and some just barely then it is not neccesarily the fault of the participants
well,i know the democratic nominee for president will have at least one vote besides his own. :thumbup:

I THINK ITS COLLUSION!!!!

Joe must have colluded with someone to screw up the contest. Once its FUBAR'ed, Joe can pull the plug and keep the 15K himself! I know this is true and HAVE PROOF! :rant: :hot:

Yes it is.  The rules were clear on a $200 cap.  If the rules were not followed how is it anyones fault other than the one who broke them?
I tried to add an extra dollar for my kicker at the beginning just to see if it was calculating the cap for me. It did NOT allow me to enter more than $200 worth of cap players.
I also put in exceeded the cap the first time i enterd my team, and it wouldnt allow me to enter my team. I made the adjustments from that and got to $200.

Seriously, I think we should at least give Joe and Co. an opportunity to correct the error and restore the integrity of the contest. Until we get the explanation of what happened, everything becomes another conspiracy theory. If someone did cheat, I'm sure Joe would remedy the situation and restore anyone that was wrongly booted.

Seriously, I think we should at least give Joe and Co. an opportunity to correct the error and restore the integrity of the contest. Until we get the explanation of what happened, everything becomes another conspiracy theory. If someone did cheat, I'm sure Joe would remedy the situation and restore anyone that was wrongly booted.
Or just cover it up and hope that it will blow over....He is in a no win situation here. The only move he has is to stop the contest all together.

Or just cover it up and hope that it will blow over....He is in a no win situation here. The only move he has is to stop the contest all together.
uh, no, that would make it appear he had somethng to do with the rigging of the contest.

We should certainly give them a chance to figure out and explain the problem...and, of course, what other choice is there? But if they stop the contest somebody is going to claim they only joined FBG to enter, that they had a legit shot at winning, and that they are entitled to something more than their 20 bucks back. Plus, stopping the contest is an overreaction if the problem can be fixed.

must be a bitter week 1 loser, and not even close enough to claim the hacker caused him to lose.

Or just cover it up and hope that it will blow over....

He is in a no win situation here. The only move he has is to stop the contest all together.
Why would I want to do that? If there's an error (and there certainly seems to be) the only recourse is to correct it. Covering up or hoping something blows over would be stupid. Every card is already out on the table. It's not like people forgot what roster they submitted or something. This contest is simply one big math exercise. It's in the open. Here's the rosters, everyone knows what players scored each week. It would be impossible to cover anything up.

Even if it meant delaying results for a bit, you can rest assured it'll be handled 100% above the board. It would be idiotic on my part to do it any other way.

J

must be a bitter week 1 loser, and not even close enough to claim the hacker caused him to lose.
the only thing missing is the obligatory "and by the way I'm NOT entered in the contest"

Or just cover it up and hope that it will blow over....

He is in a no win situation here. The only move he has is to stop the contest all together.
Why would I want to do that? If there's an error (and there certainly seems to be) the only recourse is to correct it. Covering up or hoping something blows over would be stupid. Every card is already out on the table. It's not like people forgot what roster they submitted or something. This contest is simply one big math exercise. It's in the open. Here's the rosters, everyone knows what players scored each week. It would be impossible to cover anything up.

Even if it meant delaying results for a bit, you can rest assured it'll be handled 100% above the board. It would be idiotic on my part to do it any other way.

J
Exactly. This thing is one big math exercise. There is no switching of rosters and, as far as I know (Joe?) no way that rosters can be altered. So you just eliminate the bogus entries, explain why/how they occurred, and re-run the results. Some people will be back in and, perhaps, some may be out that otherwise would have been in (if player A is back in in week 2, and outscores player B in week 3, Player B could be gone as a result). To suggest that Joe and Co. would engage in a coverup is an insult to them and to everyone here (most of us are not stupid enough to fall for a coverup, since all the number exist for everyone to see).

Users who are viewing this thread