What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ever lose a wife or girlfriend over FF? (1 Viewer)

I'm lucky in this regard, because I work on Computers all day, so I have access at work. However, I've had to limit my Fantasy time to 6-7 a.m., 7-8 p.m., and 10-11 p.m. when she is at home. Not that I use this time in the evenings all the time. You know the drill, "Are you going to come up here and watch TV with me or not?", lol.

Ex-gf #####ed all the time on Sundays that I'd get up more concerned with my lineup than with her. She was probably right... but I did try to explain to her that it was a hobby and it was genuinely fun and that I always supported her hobbies (wait, she had none). She'd usually watch one game with me if she couldn't find something else to do (which I alays suggested she did) and I'd barely pay attention to the others - likely just check scores. I thought this was fairly reasonable - she apparently didn't. It wasn't the cause of the breakup, but it was probably factored into her declaration that I didn't spend enough "quality" time with her.

My ex actually was interested in FF to a degree--until the year I traded away Barry Sanders. :mellow:

She never forgave me that--felt like the game was ruining my enjoyment of the sport.

My wife is a sports fanatic including fantasy football............this thread will be moved.

I dump chicks that get in the way of my hobbies. Eventually there may be a time when I meet a girl that is more important to me than my hobbies, but I'm not there yet. Most of the girls I date are girls that demand little attention and time.

My buddies wives ##### at them all the time for watching games all day Sunday...no f'ing thank you.

Football is the only sport I really follow, so I try to make a deal where they don't ##### at me for watching football and I will be around for them any other time of year. I will sometimes even agree to go shopping with them when football isn't on, which is just torture. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm lucky in this regard, because I work on Computers all day, so I have access at work. However, I've had to limit my Fantasy time to 6-7 a.m., 7-8 p.m., and 10-11 p.m. when she is at home. Not that I use this time in the evenings all the time. You know the drill, "Are you going to come up here and watch TV with me or not?", lol.
We don't watch TV...WE MAKE MOVIES!! :excited: :popcorn:

Never lost one over it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I've not gained one or two because of it.

:football: :nerd:

I work and pay the bills. She stays home and takes care of our 5 children. She doesn't screw with my football, and I give her extra money for her crafts. Works for us.

Here is the way to keep the wife happy about Fantasy football; Spend all the money you make on FF on her. Those winnings helped pay for part of our wedding as well as part of her ring; she loves me to play FF and gives me all the time I need for it.

Win a championship or two, and their tunes change awfully fast.
Until they hit you with . . ."Big deal. You won $1000 playing fantasy football !!! If you add up the amount of hours you've spent on fantasy football over the last 4-5 months you could have made more working at Burger King."

Do yourself a favor and start a fantasy football web site. This way you could make a few bucks on the side and say you're actually working on Sundays. By the way, before the limo picked me up to go to my own wedding, I was in a hotel room participating in a live draft!

I lost 2 wives due to FF.

Never, ever use chicks for side bets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best friend and his then fiance' were in a league with me once. She was very in to it and was almost a shoo-in for the playoffs. My friend then makes a late season one-sided trade with an owner who hadn't turned in a line-up for 6 weeks and couldn't have cared less for the week of his game against the fiance'. He beat her thanks to the new player and took her spot in the playoffs. She still married him, but has never played FF again.

:sadbanana:

Edited to add: We of course installed a trade deadline the next year.

My last serious girlfriend always tried to sabotage my Sundays w/ that "you care more about football than me" crap. As soon as I found myself waking up early to sneak out of the house on Sundays before she woke up, I knew I had to end it. Most of our screaming matches happened on Saturday and Sunday during football season.

I was obsessed w/ football when she met me, so I never understood her gripe.

I'm lucky in this regard, because I work on Computers all day, so I have access at work.  However, I've had to limit my Fantasy time to 6-7 a.m., 7-8 p.m., and 10-11 p.m. when she is at home.  Not that I use this time in the evenings all the time.  You know the drill, "Are you going to come up here and watch TV with me or not?", lol.
We don't watch TV...WE MAKE MOVIES!! :excited: :popcorn:
Limp Dogg Bizkits alias? :hey:

The gf knows that its a passion of mine and understands. This is part of who I am, take it or leave it.
the wife goes shopping ~3 Sundays every month...makes up for my Sundays and 'puter time over the course of the yearworking opposite schedules sure does help too---it'd be hell-to-pay if we worked the same schedule!

My wife likes football (pro and college), but even she #####es at me if ALL day Sunday is football.

So I started this routine:

Sunday at 7:30pm.......I pop a tape in the VCR on ESPN and tape "NFL Prime Time" and the SNF game.

While this is taping, I spend time with the kids and wife.

Kids go to bed and I continue to spend time with the wife and let her decide what we watch (or do) on Sunday night.

On Monday night, AFTER the kids have gone to bed, I rewind the VCR tape and set the big screen TV on "split-screen" and watch the VCR tape with sound on one side while the MNF game is playing on the other side of the screen.

Usually, I can catch up everything on the VCR tape by the MNF halftime and the wife is much happier now. You'd be amazed how much "SNF fluff" you can skip with all the commercials and the SNF crew blabber-mouths that I don't care to hear............so it has actually enhanced my SNF experience.

My wife used to complain about it, but now I watch both boys on Sunday with the games, and she either shops, scrapbooks or sleeps. We're good. :D

My wife used to complain about it, but now I watch both boys on Sunday with the games, and she either shops, scrapbooks or sleeps. We're good. :D
What about the computer time spent during the week on fantasy sports? Especially the evenings.

I see a lot of post talking about Sunday, but what about the other 6 days a week you spend on the internet talking or researching FF?

My wife is ok with it as long as I don't abuse it. In other words, during the week, watch some TV with her or do "other" activities with her for some part of the evening, usually about 2 min ;) Then it's ok to go back to researching on the web, lol.

I see a lot of post talking about Sunday, but what about the other 6 days a week you spend on the internet talking or researching FF?

My wife is ok with it as long as I don't abuse it. In other words, during the week, watch some TV with her or do "other" activities with her for some part of the evening, usually about 2 min ;) Then it's ok to go back to researching on the web, lol.
'usually about 2 min'.The over/under time was 5 min. :lmao:

My wife is ok with it as long as I don't abuse it.  In other words, during the week, watch some TV with her or do "other" activities with her for some part of the evening, usually about 2 min ;)   Then it's ok to go back to researching on the web, lol.
John, I see that amused you. I luv it.

My wife is ok with it as long as I don't abuse it.  In other words, during the week, watch some TV with her or do "other" activities with her for some part of the evening, usually about 2 min ;)   Then it's ok to go back to researching on the web, lol.
John, I see that amused you. I luv it.
;) :thumbup: :popcorn:

My favorite girl and I are co-owners of a team that has won three championships.

:boxing:
How many roster decisions does she get to make? I mean how many does she make that you disagree with?

My wife likes football (pro and college), but even she #####es at me if ALL day Sunday is football.

So I started this routine:

Sunday at 7:30pm.......I pop a tape in the VCR on ESPN and tape "NFL Prime Time" and the SNF game.

While this is taping, I spend time with the kids and wife.

Kids go to bed and I continue to spend time with the wife and let her decide what we watch (or do) on Sunday night.

On Monday night, AFTER the kids have gone to bed, I rewind the VCR tape and set the big screen TV on "split-screen" and watch the VCR tape with sound on one side while the MNF game is playing on the other side of the screen.

Usually, I can catch up everything on the VCR tape by the MNF halftime and the wife is much happier now. You'd be amazed how much "SNF fluff" you can skip with all the commercials and the SNF crew blabber-mouths that I don't care to hear............so it has actually enhanced my SNF experience.
What about Internet time spent on FF Tuesdays through Saturday?

I went from 5 Leagues in 03 too, 2 Leagues in 04, to just 1 League in 05.

I'm in just 1 League for 06.

Don't have the time to play in more then 1 League any more. :cry:

What about the computer time spent during the week on fantasy sports? Especially the evenings.
Not that big a problem really.I don't spend too many evenings on here, I'll check in after the boys go to bed, then right before we hit the sack.

Actually, she is very knowledge. I gather the information and together we make decisions. Usually when we disagree she turns out being right. The only bad experience was the day that Dillon was late for the game and Rudi took his job permantally. We had LT and a bunch of bum rb's. While I was asking her if we should pick him up a rival team beat us to the punch.

Could someone please tell me how to post a quote. :hey:

I certainly didn't grow up in the computer age. :ph34r:

I will be listening to my 8 track player until I get a response. :popcorn:

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Fellas, don't try this at home......

Wife: "You mean to tell me that you can sit here and start watching pre-game shows at , like, 9:00 a.m., and then watch football games on multiple TVs all day and night until the Sunday night game is over??"

Me: "Yes, and do so with a beer in hand and a smile on my face"

Win a championship or two, and their tunes change awfully fast.
Until they hit you with . . ."Big deal. You won $1000 playing fantasy football !!! If you add up the amount of hours you've spent on fantasy football over the last 4-5 months you could have made more working at Burger King."
"If you added up the energy you've spent #####ing at me about football, you could have just gone for a run and you wouldn't complain about your ### being fat. What's your point?"
How many times have you been married?

Users who are viewing this thread