What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Exactly How Bad Will the Midterms be for the Democrats? (1 Viewer)

I pretty much disagree with all of this analysis (with the exception of inflation).

In the end, it will mostly come down to Covid. If things feel like they're returning to something approaching normal, the Democrats will benefit. Maybe not enough to keep the House, but probably enough to avoid a wipeout. But if there's still an underlying level of anxiety, or another new variant that leads to another wave, it could get very ugly. 
You don’t think the Covid ship sailed when you all elected Biden for how well he was going to handle Covid compared to to Trump then he allowed more deaths than Trump under his watch? Very Biden friendly take, unsurprisingly. 

You don’t think the Covid ship sailed when you all elected Biden for how well he was going to handle Covid compared to to Trump then he allowed more deaths than Trump under his watch? Very Biden friendly take, unsurprisingly. 
Yeah.  I can understand exponential growth.  Many more died under Trump.  He just lied about the numbers. 

Doesn't matter what people think right now. It's what the media can get them to think by November. They've already started the "Lockdowns were Trump's idea" narrative. Biden will claim victory over Covid as a campaign promise achieved. 

Inflation can be explained away to simple people. 

Afghanistan is long forgotten by regular people. 

The rest they can use the tried and true tactics of my opponents are racists. 

Works on half the people most of the time. 
Today Psaki blamed the increase in anti-Asian crime over past year on Trump.

The massive crime wave is either due to covid, mother's needing baby formula or you're simply living in an alternate universe.

Jan 6 is far worse than 9/11, but new Durham findings go unreported.

And on & on......

Yeah.  I can understand exponential growth.  Many more died under Trump.  He just lied about the numbers. 
The current administration would never have let that pass.  They would have corrected those numbers in a very public way with breathless CNN analysis bloviating for a couple weeks.

The fact that this didn't happen belies your claim of number fudging.

Sorry friend, pretty sure the lying about the numbers wasn’t to benefit Trump. Also please show your math on exponential growth taking off during the guy that was given a vaccine to work with. The facts don’t like your narrative, again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In, and add term limits while we’re at it. 
Ive heard another idea as well. Restrict members of Congress from being able to publicly trade investments while in office. This would include their immediate family members or business entities as well. 

Some believe this would keep certain people from running for office as their main incentive is gone then. 

Sorry friend, pretty sure the lying about the numbers wasn’t to benefit Trump. Also please show your math on exponential growth taking off during the guy that was given a vaccine or work with. The facts don’t like your narrative, again. 
As I said.  I understand it.  This is why we don't burn books.  

Probably pretty bad.   I think most comes from the general overblaming a POTUS for inflation and the prevalence of the woke/CRT battle.  

Ive heard another idea as well. Restrict members of Congress from being able to publicly trade investments while in office. This would include their immediate family members or business entities as well. 

Some believe this would keep certain people from running for office as their main incentive is gone then. 
I’m down with this too. 

Oh come on, they were definitely on the brink but Biden talked Vlad out of it.   :lmao:

Nevermind Americans can’t afford groceries anymore, Russia is what will save Biden. 
Afford groceries?  Most of us can’t even FIND groceries.  It’s like we became a third world country in 13 months.  

Well, I certainly defer to your expertise when it comes to unsurprising takes, Cry Boy.

Well, I certainly defer to your expertise when it comes to unsurprising takes, Cry Boy.
I know the facts don’t support your talking points but lets  be better, wouldn’t want you to get another hour suspension or whatever it was for this behavior earlier today. 

And beyond inflation, people are getting fed up with some stuff. They despise CRT in our schools, they’re sick and tired of hearing about race all the time.
My wife is a teacher in the liberal paradise that is the Bay Area, and CRT is nowhere in the curriculum. Honestly the only time I hear about race and CRT is when I tune into conservative media. Seems like manufactured outrage, but I gotta give them credit…. That’s their jam and they’re really good at it. 

My wife is a teacher in the liberal paradise that is the Bay Area, and CRT is nowhere in the curriculum. Honestly the only time I hear about race and CRT is when I tune into conservative media. Seems like manufactured outrage, but I gotta give them credit…. That’s their jam and they’re really good at it. 
It’s this year’s version of “caravans are headed this way”

“Allowed” more deaths… more like 30% of this country is ignorant AF and refuses to get vaccinated and refuse to take any precautionary measures. The fact that the victimhood of being told to wear a mask is one of the top political issues facing this country is pathetic. God help us when we face actual hardship. 
So one POTUS had 0% vaccinated while the other that campaigned for a year on being able to handle it had 70% of the country vaccinated…..yet still saw even more death under his watch? But yeah, it’s the other 30% fault not the failure you elected.  :bs:

So one POTUS had 0% vaccinated while the other that campaigned for a year on being able to handle it had 70% of the country vaccinated…..yet still saw even more death under his watch? But yeah, it’s the other 30% fault not the failure you elected.  :bs:
So you are blaming Biden for the vaccine itself not being a simple off switch for the virus?  

I can’t even imagine how spun around the fully propagandized right wing brain actually is. 

So you are blaming Biden for the vaccine itself not being a simple off switch for the virus?  

I can’t even imagine how spun around the fully propagandized right wing brain actually is. 
It’s two guys from China.  It’ll disappear.

Do you think people might be moving around a bit more freely this past year than say in spring, summer, fall of 2020?

The immature insults when you can’t address the facts is a bad look. 

Biden had more time to prepare, more tools to work with, and delivered worse results. Do you have any facts proving otherwise or just more childish insults when you are proven wrong again? 

The immature insults when you can’t address the facts is a bad look. 

Biden had more time to prepare, more tools to work with, and delivered worse results. Do you have any facts proving otherwise or just more childish insults when you are proven wrong again? 
Id explain it but you obviously don’t understand the concepts involved.  

That is what elections are for. 

In any case back to your issue of more deaths, do you think that freely moving around contributes to more cases? 
”Anyone responsible for that many deaths should not remain as President of the United States”. 

Joe Biden

”Anyone responsible for that many deaths should not remain as President of the United States”. 

Joe Biden
Again, words haunt politicians. Trump said this would be done by Easter. 

This issue of talking about the number of deaths while Biden has been President. What would you have liked him to do better? Do you believe that we have been moving around more freely and this contributed to more deaths. Not to mention those who refuse to vaccinate.

E

Joe Biden
Considering how hard Biden tried to get everyone vaccinated and many refused no way I am going place the blame on Biden for the pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Last edited by a moderator:
This relentless excuse making and never owning it when their side has clearly failed is one of the main reasons mid terms will bring significant change. Truly sad to read the endless excuses. Elections can’t get here fast enough. 

This relentless excuse making and never owning it when their side has clearly failed is one of the main reasons mid terms will bring significant change. Truly sad to read the endless excuses. Elections can’t get here fast enough. 
I get wanting to use this as a political hammer but at least be honest about it. 

I think most people agree that Dems will have a rough go in the midterms. 

It’s total manufactured outrage but as you say, they’re really good at it. 

As far as Covid goes, my hunch is that it’s ending. Very very soon nobody will be wearing masks, and folks who didn’t get vaccinated will simply be ignored. And once that happens nobody on either side will want to discuss it at all. Unless there is a new outbreak (Heaven forbid!) Covid won’t even be a topic in November for most voters. 

I get wanting to use this as a political hammer but at least be honest about it. 

I think most people agree that Dems will have a rough go in the midterms. 
Be honest about it? Maybe you should try that.  When Biden was elected the narrative wasn’t deaths going up the year we got a vaccine but we get “to move around more”. You always defend your team now matter how wrong so this isn’t shocking but may be the worst attempt at it. 

As far as Covid goes, my hunch is that it’s ending. Very very soon nobody will be wearing masks, and folks who didn’t get vaccinated will simply be ignored. And once that happens nobody on either side will want to discuss it at all. Unless there is a new outbreak (Heaven forbid!) Covid won’t even be a topic in November for most voters. 
Yes. This who had more deaths thing is an odd issue to fixate on if you want to gauge Biden’s effectiveness in handling Covid. 

Yes. This who had more deaths thing is an odd issue to fixate on if you want to gauge Biden’s effectiveness in handling Covid. 
It’s all they have. Biden was so superior to Trump on this issue that it’s not even worth a comparison. But more people died under Biden so…

Be honest about it? Maybe you should try that.  When Biden was elected the narrative wasn’t deaths going up the year we got a vaccine but we get “to move around more”. You always defend your team now matter how wrong so this isn’t shocking but may be the worst attempt at it. 
I gauged Trump’s handling of Covid by his act early on. Not good. Tough hand he was dealt.

He didn’t have a vaccine when he was Prez, we were locked away for the most part. 

The scenarios are very different. Biden and our government has been generally good on Covid. 

Plenty of issues I focus on in midterms if I were Republicans before Covid.

Users who are viewing this thread