What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Exploit/Avoid Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Takes a little while to get the posts up, appreciate your understanding.

-I did not do a full write up on the Monday Night Games but have full intentions on doing so later today or tomorrow before kickoffs. I do want to say how excited I am and love the format with a 7:30 kickoff and then 8:45 for the 2nd Game. The obvious reason is you can watch Game #1 uninterrupted almost until Halftime and then skip that BS and watch Game #2 for quite a bit. If Game #1 is hanging in the balance then obviously no later than Halftime of Game #2 you can switch to Game #1 and finish it out.

I love the format, wish they would consider a weekly or even once a month event where they play a doubleheader, it's just a lot of fun enjoying dessert on Monday Night after a Sunday main course.

Here we go, Week 2 and all questions, comments and POV are welcome.

NY Jets at Cleveland Browns (-6) (40)

The Jets Defense did not play bad last week. The Browns won a game vs a below average team.

RB: It looks like Michael Carter is the starting RB right now, not sure that helps anyone but he has a chance to hit the stat box this weekend. 17 touches including 4 catches and 100 yds total. Most folks will gladly accept that especially vs the Ravens…hope Phinsfans see this as reason for optimism Week 2.

Unless we hear otherwise in the notes this week, I would start Carter, the rookie will eventually be featured more but right now Carter is dominating the touches. 13 receptions to the 2 RBs last week, Hall did have 7 receptions. Flacco Flacco Flacco, no way the RBs will continue to produce like that. Davis, Moore, Wilson and Berrios were all involved. The Jets have TEs that are solid, they will get better and I believe when Zach can get the controls back, this will look much different. Offensive Line is a major issue but they have skillset guys all over the roster. I believe QBs like Fitzpatrick from a few years ago, someone like Teddy Bridgewater right now, those types could win with these players. I expect Wilson to do well when he returns.

The Browns outside of Nick Chubb are difficult to endorse or start on your roster. Outside of DPJ, not a single player had over 24 yds receiving and DPJ topped out with 60 yds despite the TD. I’m looking for a Jets upset and two teams that are 1-1 after Week 2.

-Low scoring seems inevitable, 1st team to score 2 TDs win the game.

Final Score: NY Jets 17…Cleveland 16

Washington vs Detroit (-2.5) (49)

Interesting line in Vegas. Wentz getting no respect for tossing 4 TDs vs JAX last week. The Lions sure feel like a sneaky Shootout team that can put 28 on the board but will give up 35. And they might get better when Jameson is ready to roll on the offense. You can see it coming together, Lions are a very entertaining brand of football for those sleeping at the wheel. They’re biting kneecaps, they’re running the Oklahoma in practice and they have my full attention. Goff might even be floating on your waiver wire and he didn’t light it up but he’s going to be involved in some shootouts, Swift had one of his best games as a professional rumbling for 140+ on the ground, another 30 thru the air and a TD.

Not sure what to make of Wentz last week but it seems unlikely he can continue to produce at a high level. I always say Wentz is a little underrated and Washington is likely to hang around .500 or better most of the year.

Exploit/Avoid? Dotson is a nice story but he had 3/40, if they weren’t TDs nobody would say much.

In a 14-12 football game heading into the 4th, Curtis Samuel found 11 targets…I can point to Gibson and say that his receiving numbers could be a high water mark for the season but when you see 11 targets to Samuel, he’s working the Slot and 8/55, think about an extension of the running game. Short passes, Samuel could continue to see a lot of balls all season long, would not hesitate to grab him on waivers if you operate that way in Redrafts.

Let’s talk about the Lions for a minute. Goff and the passing attack was just OK, he threw a pick-6, still optimistic about Detroit, Goff and passing game as the season progresses. Right now it seems like Swift is the real gem in the offense despite them scoring 35, last week. I would keep hammering St Brown into your starting line-up, should be an excellent WR3 with upside most weeks. 8/65/TD, gotta like the early results from him. And how about DJ Chark grabbing 4 balls for 52/TD, he had 8 targets and will be a factor in the passing game. Excellent WR4 right now.

Final Score: HIGH with these 2 teams, not great at stopping the opposing QBs, there should be a mild shootout in this one. Or is Vegas giving away money with the under here? 7 TDs Vegas is hinting, there should be some points to go around in this game.

Final Score: Detroit 27…Washington 23

Tampa Bay at New Orleans (+2.5) (44)

I understand Brady and the Bucs have not done so well vs Saints in regular season last couple years BUT if you watched these teams last week, Saints seem like they would need a lot of things to bounce right for them to win. Marching into New Orleans and snatching a victory is not easy but the Saints are in transition right now and are not a polished team or a finalized team where the Bucs roll in with a big trophy from 18 months ago and know exactly who they are and what they must do to win. I was impressed with their Defense last week shutting out the Dallas Cowboys, that offense did not produce anything and that is a great sign for the Bucs, they need the Defense to return to 2020.

Avoid: Julio was 3/69 rec and another 2/17 on the ground, they must feel like he still has some skills and speed. I don’t think he looked nearly as good as I have heard some media pundits who just looked at the box score and ran with that. Godwin Role will expand, look for the Tight End to see more action

Sat-Update: Looks like the Bucs are in Dire Straits at WR. Godwin is OUT, Julio Quest, Evans Quest, this looks awful and it should be pause on Brady unless you have no other option.

I also think the Fournette/White split will be more balanced. White was 6/14 on the ground, I look for that to change a lot. White had 2 catches and was unable to advance the ball much. Fournette on the other hand was strong when he touched the ball. Just to keep Fournette healthy all year. Leonard looked great and was sorely missed vs the Rams last year.

Saints WR: Landry had 7/114 last week and I was reminded when he was an actual thing at Miami and I was sporting my Orange-Edition Miami Dolphins with Landry on there. Jarvis racked up the most catches of any receiver 1st 3-4 years into the NFL…that might not be right but it’s damn close. Obviously Cleveland was holding him back, or Baker was a stinker but he is free and loose in this offense. With Thomas and the rookie Olave lining up outside, Landry is free to roam underneath and I think he found a sweet landing spot. Anyone that has a chance to get him since he was available in over 25% of RTS leagues I saw reported, PICK HIM UP!

Final Score TB Bucs 24…NO Saints 20 and I’m being kind. 34-10 Bucs won’t shock me either. Bucs only laying 2-3 points, JUMP!

Last edited:
Carolina at NY Giants (-2) (43.5)

You have some auto starts on both sides at RB with McCaff and Barkley, Moore at WR, this game is not sexy and it likely isn’t going to be high scoring with Baker and Daniel throwing the football this weekend. And that would lead me to not endorse many of the role players. Sterling Shephard seems like he will see enough targets over the season and if he can hold up, but the reality is he had 4 targets, caught 2 balls and scored 15 in PPR with the TD. Does that sound like a weekly event?

But make no mistake, if you have either of these Top 3-5 RBs, you likely want to watch this game. Giants pull off the upset in Tennessee last week and have momentum. Carolina is looking at facing 0-2, feels like the Giants could be an early surprise or tougher out this year. Very dependent on Saquon having strong showings right now, the passing game needs to evolve.

Final Score NY Giants 23…Carolina 20

New England at Pittsburgh (+2) (40)

I’m going to discuss the Pats 1st since I watched just about every snap last week. How Mac Jones is ranked ahead of Tua in PFF after the first week, I’ll never understand. Jones looked good on the 1st Drive and I admit Parker got mugged in the end zone and Holland intercepted but that was the 1st Q. he didn’t bounce back well the rest of the game.

Damien Harris is still the starting RB although they mix them up a lot. Harris was 9/48 on the ground, much better than the 8/25 Stevenson gave them, both RBs caught 2 balls for little yds. I would hope they have a plan for Harris to see the ball a lot this week vs Pittsburgh, likely no TJ Watt this weekend, that would be a huge loss and something New England can exploit, perhaps.

Harris has much better numbers at home vs on the road. That might have something to do with his QB play from the rookie last season. Pats open the season on the road twice, brutal as they could be 0-2 before they head back home.

The Steelers are coming home after clipping the Bengals in overtime despite their defense racking up 5 turnovers. Najee Harris got off to a rough start and it’s possible he might not play. Good luck trying to fill in someone else, the back-ups do not look capable right now of making an impact.

Freiermuth and Diontae Johnson were the only receivers/TE with any meaningful stats.

Final Score: Pittsburgh 21…New England 20 and an ugly football game

Colts at Jags (+4) (45)

Indy on the road for the second week in a row. Jacksonville was in a 14-12 shootout with Washington and then the 4th Q those teams erupted for another 24 points.

James Robinson has bucked the tread and looking pretty solid coming off his Achilles’ injury. It looks like a split between JRob and ETN but the production could change this week at home or tilt a little more toward Travis being involved more. That was his first NFL game, I would hope he touches it more in coming weeks if I were trying to play him but it’s a roll of the dice right now. I still would not be comfortable wheeling out Robinson blindly and I might think he has a rougher go of it vs the Colts Defense this week.

Zay Jones was involved a lot more than I anticipated, his track history shows he usually fades out. But Jones and Jones are allowing Christian Kirk to feast underneath so far. His 6/117 performance is exciting since he wasn’t TD dependent and I would assume some weeks he will find the end zone.

Keep an eye on Evan Engram, there’s a terrific TE thread that was started by our good friend Bobby Layne and Engram is available in many leagues, some of the metrics point to him possibly being a sleeper TE, maybe not this week but there isn’t a ton preventing him from rising in targets.

Sat Update-TY @rockaction Pittman is OUT Who picks up the slack?
The Colts are pretty simple right now, Taylor and Pittman, the offense flows thru the 2 of them. Nyheim Hines is an interesting player in this offense. He might be the new McKissic that won’t get many carries but has a few 5/50 and occasionally scores. Ryan is a pocket passer and will simply dump it off vs running for a FD or trying to avoid a sack. Taylor and Pittman are guys you don’t even think about, just be happy to play them in your line up most weeks.

Final Score: Jags 23…Colts 22

Last edited:
Miami at Baltimore (-3.5) (44.5)

Hill and Waddle are autostarts for most folks, Baltimore was not good on pass defense last year and they sustained an injury to Fuller, they are already shorthanded this season.

With injuries already starting for many, players like Chase Edmonds are suddenly being thrust into line ups. I know Chase has a tough schedule next 3 weeks but I see opportunities in this offense. Carter-Jets had about 100 yds of offense last week against Baltimore fyi

-Both starting Tackles missed practice on Wed for the Miami Dolphins. Would not be good to have Greg Little starting at Left Tackle as an example. Not sure if Baltimore will blitz a lot and risk some 1 on 1 with Hill or Waddle but it’s going to be tempting since Tua looks like a deer in headlights whenever he has a pass rusher closing in on him.

The Ravens backfield was messy and perhaps Dobbins will settle things down back there. I can’t hang my hat on any of them, miss the days of Jamal Lewis.

If you have Bateman you had to like the results. DevDuv is a guy worth keeping an eye on and Andrews was a little underwhelming for those who invested high in the draft. These 3 seem to monopolize the targets and there isn’t much to see outside of their 2 starting WRs and TE right now. They have their work cut out for them, Miami is no joke on Defense.

The Miami Dolphins have won 9 of their last 10 football games and that Defense is pretty strong. I think Baltimore is the team that needs to worry about getting rocked this weekend. I respect Baltimore and because of my allegiance to my alma mater the Univ of Miami and I always liked Reed and Lewis when they were there but it was awful getting smashed by the Ravens in the last 15-20 years. But those guys are long retired and this team is not the 2000 or 2012 Ravens, this team is good but they aren’t anywhere near those others, Miami should not be fearing them.

And I’m not saying that Baltimore is a lock to lose, far from it. In fact I think Lamar Jackson is a special player and can win vs anyone on Any Given Sunday, he’s that dangerous and Miami must focus on him with a DB spy, not sure who that is yet.

Final Score: Miami 24…Baltimore 20, not total fan boy here but I can’t bet this game. MoP Rule #1, don’t bet on your favorite NFL team, not a good idea. If Miami is down both starting Tackles this week, things do change a lot. If Miami is going to be a Playoff team, they have to win some of these contests.

ATL Falcons at LA Rams (-10) (46.5)

-It usually take me a while to go after head coaches who are new but this Arthur Smith who works for Arthur Blank and run the team like Arthur Treacher’s

Seriously, this buffoon goes right after the media and says something about an obituary and the fact is Atlanta blew another double digit lead and it’s the same old story.

RB: Patterson had 22/120/TD, 3/16 and before I even look up the game logs, apparently the plan is Patterson touches the ball 25x a game. He was pretty good last season but he will never hold up with 22 carries a game, he’s just not built for it. Mariotta was 2nd with 12/72 on the ground. I bet the Rams don’t let him run for 100 yds this weekend. People will chase the points from last week, good luck.

For the Rams, just run Henderson for right now although I expect Cam Akers to at least have more urgency this week when he enters the game.

WR: Drake London and OZac are the main targets at WR. Pitts was tied for a team high with 7 targets last week, only produced 2 catches, that has to change moving forward.

Kupp Kupp Kupp…ARob3 should be more involved this week. I expect Kupp to have a more normal Sunday and more balls to flow thru some of the other receivers.

QB: Honestly both of these guys are below avg in 10-12 team leagues. Mariota 215 thru the air but another 72 on the gorund which is about double in pass yds, no TD pass but did run 1 in for a score.

Hopefully if you took Stafford you have another option but he should be better this week than he was vs the Bills Defense last week.

Final Score: Rams 31…Falcons 16

Seattle at San Francisco (-9) (40)

-Vegas is saying that the Niners are a good team and will bounce back and throttle the Seahawks as they were running on emotions last week. That sounds about right EXCEPT…the Niners lost their best RB and they have a QB that seems challenged to move the offense.

They also played the SF-CHI game in the middle of Lake Michigan last week, I thought it was a water polo match for a while. The field should be better this week. George Kittle is looking more like OUT this weekend but maybe things change by Sunday.

QB: Avoid both of these guys until we see something we can hang our hat on.

RB: They say Walker is ready to roll this week and Seattle will have a 1-2 punch at RB. I see a lot of carries and hand offs to Penny and Walker, I’m not expecting either of them to push the other one on to the bench for long stretches.

Jeff Wilson is the only SF RB we can endorse right now but we will be watching the back-up rookies and see what the plan is going to be for the next 6-8 weeks. I expect Wilson to dominate the touches in Week 2, things could change in the coming weeks if he doesn’t perform and SF starts losing games they shouldn’t.

WR: How can you feel good about Metcalf and Lockett most weeks with Geno “The Hitman” Smith running the show. “Go down to 3rd Street and catch the J-Bus, have him open the doors at 19th Street, I’ll fake it to you”

Metcalf caught all 7 targets for 35 yds, woopee! Lockett 3 catches on 4 targets for less than 30 yards.

Deebo Samuel for the Niners, will he touch the ball more on handoffs? He caught 2 of 7 targets but was 8/50/TD last week. Wouldn’t venture must past him for SF WRs.

Final Score: Seattle 20…San Fran 19

Cincinnati at Dallas (+7) (41.5)

-Despite Dak, the Dallas Cowboys looked pretty good on Defense and it’s possible for at least a little while that they slow down the Bengals.

QB: Burrow is a n auto start most weeks, the 5 turnovers were a little disturbing Week 1 but I think he will iron out those issues.

RB: You have to think both Dallas RBs will be involved this week with an inexperienced starting QB. Where pollard takes a big step back is his reliance on receptions, now with Cooper Rush you have little to draw from. Zeke will get a lot of handoffs if he can handle it. 10/52 on the ground last week, should have had 20 carries.

Joe Mixon is automatic if he’s healthy and Fournette just burned them for 120 on the ground last week.

WR/TE: Dalton Schultz and CeeDee Lamb must make you pause a second before starting them this week. You drafted Lamb in 2nd , Schultz in the 5th-6th, hard to bench those guys in Week 2.

Higgins was back at practice but he might not be the highest targeted guy on Sunday, I expect Boyd to make some noise, look what Julio was doing last week. Ja’Mar Chase, you should be so lucky to start that guy.

Final Score: Cincinnati 27…Dallas 13

Houston at Denver (-10) (45)

-Big head scratcher when you look at the betting line but I think I see what Vegas is looking at. Sometimes teams surprise us in Week 1 only to come right back to who we thought they were in Week 2. I believe Denver will be furious after last week and I expect them to wipe the field with the Texans despite the “Tie” they pulled off vs the Colts last week. I heard Lovie Smith talk about why he felt the tie game was important and it sounds like he would never roll the dice for a win, that should tell you something.

QB: Only looking at Wilson here, most folks that have him on their roster are going to play him. I expect a better performance this week vs a bottom dweller but Seattle was supposed to be that last week.

RB: Javonte looked great and eventually I think the Broncos will figure out they are better off with him on the field. But the reality is 55/45 split, maybe 60/40 but the snap counts are similar. One might think Mel Gordon would see more touches in a potential blowout.

Pierce was a disappointment last week only on the field for about 30% of the snaps. Coach Lovie said that should not happen…but it did. I didn’t hear the OC was fired this week, he must have gotten some feedback prior to the game on his game plan he worked on with Lovie.

WR/TE: Jeudy looked explosive but he also seemed like he will drop some balls or not make the right move to secure the football. Others really liked Sutton, don’t think this has been completely settled yet.

Javonte Williams had 11 catches last week, that won’t happen again IMHO

Cooks seems like a solid WR2/3 most weeks, he’s the only person the Texans target consistently

Final Score: Denver 35…Houston 10

AZ Cardinals at LV Raiders (-5.5) (51.5)

QB: This week both of these guys are starting material. This figures to be a shootout or high scoring. KC-AZ was North of 60 last week but that didn’t help many folks with AZ Cards on their starting rosters.

RB: Connor did score a TD but was held in check on the ground and Eno Benjamin actually was the team’s leading rusher at RB, Murray beat Eno by 1-yd for the day. No AZ player had 30 yds rushing, think about that. Connor did manage 5 catches for minimal yds but it helped his stats.

WR: When Adams pushed for the offseason trade to Las Vegas, one of the main reasons was to be closer to his California home. This will allow his grandparents to see him play as a pro in person for the first time.

Adams said he sprang for a suite at Allegiant Stadium to accommodate his family.

''I spent about half a million dollars on a Raiders suite. That's probably the one bad thing about coming here is that the suites are significantly more expensive,'' he said. ''But it's good for the family - I probably won't ever see it, but it's fine.''

Avoid: Hunter Renfrow until we see more games. It looks like he is an afterthought (3Rec 21yds last week) at the moment.

Continue to exploit Hollywood Brown, last week he had 4/40/TD, he should see even more targets and more access to yds and catches. He should be your WR3/Flex guy if you drafted correctly, keep using him. Dortch is only showing up because Ertz was down and also Hopkins is suspended. If Rondale Moore is OUT again, you might see Dortch creep back into things this week.

Final Score: Raiders 27…Cardinals 24

Chicago at Green Bay (-10) (41.5)

Low scoring game and I better not bet against Rodgers, last year it looked bad after game 1 and then Green Bay took off. I think there are some major differences between the team last year and the one on the field this year. It was a terrible offensive performance by the Packers.

QB: Rodgers track record vs Chicago speaks for itself. He is lacking reliable weapons when Cobb and Watkins are looked at as good options or starters. They need the 2 Rookies and Lazard. I have not heard anything about Lazard this week, questionable today but many feel he will be a go this weekend.

Fields is not an option in basic Redraft leagues.

RB: Looks like a big split between Jones and Dillon right now. I’m looking at 15-20 range in the weekly rankings. It’s hard to get overly excited about either of them right now. Hopefully the Offense looks a little better this weekend.

I am keeping an eye on Herbert. Seems like he is finally healthy and looked good on 45/TD last week. Would like to see his role expand and I believe it will. Monty looks slow and unable to make plays. 17/26 on the ground last week, writing is on the wall.

WR: Mooney and Kmet, how can you trust them this weekend? Kmet was a no show and Mooney had 1 catch, all of them should be riding your bench right now.

For Green Bay, if Lazard is clear then you might want to roll the dice. The WRs were a mess last week and Lazard has the most qualifications to go out there and settle things down. I do wish Watson had made good on that long bomb, would have been a TD and we’d be having a different conversation. I think he will still factor in as the season unfolds but that drop will set him back.

Final Score: Green Bay 28…Chicago 13

Tennessee at Buffalo (-10) (47.5)

The Titans are transitioning right now with their passing game and also wasting a prime year of Derrick Henry. They simply don’t have the weapons to walk in and do much to Buffalo. The Bills are fresh off a 31-10 domination of the LA Rams on opening night last week. They also have had 10-11 days to prepare for the home opener. Titans are going 0-2.

Titans QB/RB/WR: Tannehill, even though he made it Trop 10 last week you’re not starting him.

Bills: Main players like Allen, Diggs, we got it…let’s discuss these others.

Gabriel Davis-Loved what I saw last week but I don’t not if that is sustainable each and every week, gonna be hard on some folks when he isn’t a main contributor for any number of reason. McKenzie did score a TD but only 2 catches. Knox withstood a horse collar tackle and was never the same the rest of the night.

The Buffalo RBs are difficult but it seems like Dev Sing is the main ball carrier and then Moss is used quite a bit catching the ball. The Rookie from Georgia, Cook…he’s going to be eased into everything, likely will see more snaps as the season progresses.

Final Score: Buffalo 31…Tennessee 17

Interesting line in Vegas. Wentz getting no respect for tossing 4 TDs vs JAX last week. The Lions sure feel like a sneaky Shootout team that can put 28 on the board but will give up 35. And they might get better when Jameson is ready to roll on the offense. You can see it coming together, Lions are a very entertaining brand of football for those sleeping at the wheel. They’re biting kneecaps, they’re running the Oklahoma in practice and they have my full attention. Goff might even be floating on your waiver wire and he didn’t light it up but he’s going to be involved in some shootouts, Swift had one of his best games as a professional rumbling for 140+ on the ground, another 30 thru the air and a TD.

Not sure what to make of Wentz last week but it seems unlikely he can continue to produce at a high level. I always say Wentz is a little underrated and Washington is likely to hang around .500 or better most of the year.

Exploit/Avoid? Dotson is a nice story but he had 3/40, if they weren’t TDs nobody would say much.

In a 14-12 football game heading into the 4th, Curtis Samuel found 11 targets…I can point to Gibson and say that his receiving numbers could be a high water mark for the season but when you see 11 targets to Samuel, he’s working the Slot and 8/55, think about an extension of the running game. Short passes, Samuel could continue to see a lot of balls all season long, would not hesitate to grab him on waivers if you operate that way in Redrafts.

Let’s talk about the Lions for a minute. Goff and the passing attack was just OK, he threw a pick-6, still optimistic about Detroit, Goff and passing game as the season progresses. Right now it seems like Swift is the real gem in the offense despite them scoring 35, last week. I would keep hammering St Brown into your starting line-up, should be an excellent WR3 with upside most weeks. 8/65/TD, gotta like the early results from him. And how about DJ Chark grabbing 4 balls for 52/TD, he had 8 targets and will be a factor in the passing game. Excellent WR4 right now.

Final Score: HIGH with these 2 teams, not great at stopping the opposing QBs, there should be a mild shootout in this one. Or is Vegas giving away money with the under here? 7 TDs Vegas is hinting, there should be some points to go around in this game.

Jonathan Allen was downgraded to questionable today.

Jonathan Allen was downgraded to questionable today.
That would seem to help the Detroit rushing attack. Swift is supposed to be a full go from what I have been reading. We'll know tomorrow before kickoff I presume but it sounds like he should have a big share of the touches.

Wonder what Jamaal Williams is in line for?

Exploit the Waiver Wire...I understand these guys might not be available everywhere...

Khalil Herbert: Of all the names kicked around on the waiver wire this week, Herbert seems like he has a clear path to be as starter soon. How long can Monty survive going 17/26 or whatever it was? It defies logic that you can keep doing that. There has to be a more even split of touches, snaps is different but I mean actual touches, we need to see more Herbert.

Brian Robinson: Cannot be activated before Week 5 but I want to point the way for anyone that has him available. Maybe you have a pretty strong team or you recently suffered an injury at RB2, I would seriously think about getting him right now and here is why...Washington was throwing the lights out last week and that means when BRob takes the field, there should be open running lanes at different points of the game. Gibson is fantastic as a receiver, his running style, think there's a reason the coaches want to go with him. Get ahead of this if you can, no reason not to try and roster him vs carrying someone you won't even play if you had to on Sundays.

DD Wisdom: get that stink off your roster right now

Last edited:
Pittman OUT

Hines-Exploit!

You gotta think that Ryan will be looking to dump it off a lot. TEs could factor in but since I don't have much confidence in the WRs, already felt like Jacksonville +4 was pretty good.

Final Score TB Bucs 24…NO Saints 20 and I’m being kind. 34-10 Bucs won’t shock me either. Bucs only laying 2-3 points, JUMP!

The Bucs could win but I think comparing what the Falcons do offensively is night and day scheme wise to the Bucs is why the Saints didn't look great defensively last week. There is a reason the Saints lost the last 2 to the Eagles. That RPO with a mobile QB gives the Saints defense trouble. Where they flourish is a stationary QB such as Brady. The Bucs are due a win vs the Saints but I think the Saints pull this one off.

exploit:
Elijah Moore - Browns gave up all kinds of yardage to Robbie Anderson and Co. and a lousy Baker Mayfield.
Darrell Henderson - Lambs laying 10.5 at home wounded coming off a major beatdown? I'm not saying they'll cover here, but Atl might just be what the Dr ordered. I'd expect DH to finish as a top 10 RB if not top 5 this week. Especially with rookie Williams on IR, who else do they have?? Don't say Cam. If rams get ahead they'll rely on the run game to burn the clock. big game ahead for DH. he was in for 82% of plays last week, and elite target share of run plays. That won't end unless/until he gets hurt.
Davlin Cook and A. Mattison - Iggy Pop Iggles just gave up 140+ rush yards to Swift on how many carries?! Cook is going to dice them to bits. considering the lousy Iggles run def, Mattison is a strong play this week too.
Giants defense - At home, vs Panthers. Good luck with Mayfield. Giants are what a 2.5 favorite? they're going to stuff CMC and stifle Mayfield all game.
Rob't Tonyan - someone has to be ole reliable in GB.
Steelers def - NE has no business laying 2.5 pts on the road here. Matt Patricia is calling offensive plays? LOL.good luck.
Lions' def - Carson Wentz can't put two good games together back-to-back. This is his come back to earth game.
Chase Edmonds - you saw what the Jets Rbs did to the Ravens last week right? expect that and much more from Edmonds and his elite level pass catching abilities
Dolphins defense - still not sold on Jackson, ravens have no run game to speak of.
Kyle Philips should be the focal point of the Titans offense with Tannehill using a quick trigger to hit philips over the middle for 5-7 yards every time. shades of Renfrow or Julian Edelman. dink-n-dunk time.and if the Titans get behind big, they'll still need to pass.

Avoid:

Kyler Murray - he's just not good, and plays for a lesser, incompetent coaching staff.

Wentz

Until further notice: Trey Lance, Justin Fields

Joe Burrow - everyone expects Dallas to fold here .Please watch youtube videos on Burrows super struggles against cover-2 defenses like what the Steelers used on him last week. Dallas is going to make that guy earn every yard in this game. Last I checked Dallas had a terrific defense , but a lousy offense. Mixon's 3.0 ypc avg isn't going to cut it in this game.

any/all Bears players
any/all Ravens' players

Exploit the Waiver Wire...I understand these guys might not be available everywhere...

Khalil Herbert: Of all the names kicked around on the waiver wire this week, Herbert seems like he has a clear path to be as starter soon. How long can Monty survive going 17/26 or whatever it was? It defies logic that you can keep doing that. There has to be a more even split of touches, snaps is different but I mean actual touches, we need to see more Herbert.

Brian Robinson: Cannot be activated before Week 5 but I want to point the way for anyone that has him available. Maybe you have a pretty strong team or you recently suffered an injury at RB2, I would seriously think about getting him right now and here is why...Washington was throwing the lights out last week and that means when BRob takes the field, there should be open running lanes at different points of the game. Gibson is fantastic as a receiver, his running style, think there's a reason the coaches want to go with him. Get ahead of this if you can, no reason not to try and roster him vs carrying someone you won't even play if you had to on Sundays.

In one league I have 6 RB's - Swift, Chubb, Dillon, Singletary, Robinson, Pierce with Herbert on FA for free. I'm wondering if Herbert > Pierce right now and then I may wait until after HOU plays at 1:00 to just see how Pierce fairs. I know it's a lil early to panic over Pierce, but Herbert is getting all the accolades from the fantasy pro's, like you MoP LOL.

In one league I have 6 RB's - Swift, Chubb, Dillon, Singletary, Robinson, Pierce with Herbert on FA for free. I'm wondering if Herbert > Pierce right now and then I may wait until after HOU plays at 1:00 to just see how Pierce fairs. I know it's a lil early to panic over Pierce, but Herbert is getting all the accolades from the fantasy pro's, like you MoP LOL.
I'm looking for RBs that can be reliable starters at some point. I cannot see the coaches in Chicago continuing to lean on Montgomery when he is so bad. He looks like he's running in cement quite often. I've seen him with my own eyes not take off when there is a pretty good size hole to run thru. I'm not sure why he has such difficulty but if Herbert is fully healthy, sure seems like he has the upside in a few weeks.

Robinson is ahead of schedule and all information was he would be getting plenty of touches. It would appear you have him already. I picked up Herbert but am eyeballing Robinson. We only carry 5 and I had to make a couple moves with Mitchell out for 8 weeks. I did grab Wilson but also removed Drake for Herbert, don't like what Baltimore is doing on their run game. Wentz has 3 weapons to throw to plus a TE, you add in BRob and that offense is going to take off.

Jamaal Williams

Ian Rappaport is suggesting that Detroit will have him on a pitch count and have to be selective when to use him.

Sounds like 50 yds and a TD are not out of the question for him this week vs Washington

Jarvis Landry

Alvin Kamara is likely out according to Adam Schefter on Twitter
Some will run to play Mark Ingram and maybe he will be OK but he seems to be at the end of his career. There are other RBs on the roster but you are rolling the dice with not much to bank on.

I think Landry had 9 targets last week and since the running game will be limited and there won't be a receiver like Kamara, would look for Jarvis to be active in the slot. Tampa Bay is a bigger task than what he faced in Atlanta last week but he should still see somewhere in the 8-10 target range.
Don't need him on your Redraft team yet? How about DFS today?

Food for thought:

Swift and Gibson both had great games last week.

The Lions and Commanders run defenses were both terrible last week. It will be interesting to see if the Lions run defense is better without them having to worry about the QB running wild. On the other side, the Lions will be starting 3 backups on the interior of their offensive line. For both teams there are a lot of variables.

Jarvis Landry

Some will run to play Mark Ingram and maybe he will be OK but he seems to be at the end of his career. There are other RBs on the roster but you are rolling the dice with not much to bank on.

I think Landry had 9 targets last week and since the running game will be limited and there won't be a receiver like Kamara, would look for Jarvis to be active in the slot. Tampa Bay is a bigger task than what he faced in Atlanta last week but he should still see somewhere in the 8-10 target range.
I picked him up on waivers but have him benched in favor of a questionable Mike Evans and a high volume Gordon.

What that means to everyone else on this board is: START HIM

Jarvis Landry

I picked him up on waivers but have him benched in favor of a questionable Mike Evans and a high volume Gordon.

I picked up two WR's off the waiver wire this week and will start one of them, could have been both if Higgins was also out. So, I'm choosing Curtis Samuel over Jarvis Landry and feeling good about this move and moving forward. MoP I do have a share of Landry in DFS. Godwin on IR and Hopkins suspended until week 7. Cupp is WR #1 and we start 3 WR's.

Landry 7 for 77 and a .7 TD chance.

Jarvis Landry

I picked up two WR's off the waiver wire this week and will start one of them, could have been both if Higgins was also out. So, I'm choosing Curtis Samuel over Jarvis Landry and feeling good about this move and moving forward. MoP I do have a share of Landry in DFS. Godwin on IR and Hopkins suspended until week 7. Cupp is WR #1 and we start 3 WR's.

I like them both. Was very pleased to see Samuel get 11 targets but I have to believe that is not a regular occurrence. Still, this Washington offense is expanding IMO and they are facing Detroit today. What about in a couple weeks? I feel like Landry has solid track history and I project he hits a season close to previous ones where he has 135-160+ targets, he's had 94-100-110 or something along those lines for catch totals, granted they were years ago but it looks like he got paid in Cleveland and is now free in new Orleans, Landry also played for LSU and is going to be a fan favorite most weeks in the Superdome.

Tampa Bay will try and shut him down, if Kamara is out, someone has to catch the short outlets and Landry fits the bill in the slot.
I hate to cut Christian Watson and I see huge potential but leaving Landry out there on the WW is dangerous IMHO, better he sits on my bench than someone uses him against me. I think he has some big days ahead this season, 114 yds week 1 was a lot, won't be like that every week but his role in this Offense was announced last week. They also were behind 26-10 before they got going in the 4th Q.

Thanks for posting back and forth with me, you're always circling on Sunday mornings, much appreciated.

Jarvis Landry

I like them both. Was very pleased to see Samuel get 11 targets but I have to believe that is not a regular occurrence. Still, this Washington offense is expanding IMO and they are facing Detroit today. What about in a couple weeks? I feel like Landry has solid track history and I project he hits a season close to previous ones where he has 135-160+ targets, he's had 94-100-110 or something along those lines for catch totals, granted they were years ago but it looks like he got paid in Cleveland and is now free in new Orleans, Landry also played for LSU and is going to be a fan favorite most weeks in the Superdome.

Tampa Bay will try and shut him down, if Kamara is out, someone has to catch the short outlets and Landry fits the bill in the slot.
I hate to cut Christian Watson and I see huge potential but leaving Landry out there on the WW is dangerous IMHO, better he sits on my bench than someone uses him against me. I think he has some big days ahead this season, 114 yds week 1 was a lot, won't be like that every week but his role in this Offense was announced last week. They also were behind 26-10 before they got going in the 4th Q

Thanks for posting back and forth with me, you're always circling on Sunday mornings, much appreciated.
Gotta go Landry over the rookie from GB. I have my eye on both Watson and Doubs, but it's 50/50 between those two and not sure if either produce consistently this year? Like you, I'm looking and trying to get ahead of the eight ball if possible. Players like Landry and Herbert, Breece Hall and R Stevenson also sit on the bench to monitor. Watching the 50/50 split with Robinson and ETN - both startable in Flex or second RB in a pinch. They sit on the bench too. Then there's Brian Robinson that you keep hyping, he's available for free in one league as well. Although I have C Samuel in that league. I think the stink of WAS is now out look good. I realize it was JAX and now DET, but either you're ahead of a trend or not. I appreciate the communication as well.

Is it out of the question to consider Taysom Hill, QB, TE designation in Yahoo. I'm tempted but it means cutting a player like Pierce, my 6th RB. Got Freiermuth already. Take me off the cliff, MoP. Kamara likely out. Ingram banged up. That leaves a lil more T Hill. And if Winston misses any plays it's Taysom. Now, his TD production likely around 4-6 total - over or under.

Is it out of the question to consider Taysom Hill, QB, TE designation in Yahoo. I'm tempted but it means cutting a player like Pierce, my 6th RB. Got Freiermuth already. Take me off the cliff, MoP. Kamara likely out. Ingram banged up. That leaves a lil more T Hill. And if Winston misses any plays it's Taysom. Now, his TD production likely around 4-6 total - over or under.
I wouldn't take Hill, had a chance this week and feel like he is going to be very hard to guess when he hits.

Today with Kamara out, I get it but I wouldn't be jumbling my roster too much.

I wouldn't take Hill, had a chance this week and feel like he is going to be very hard to guess when he hits.

Today with Kamara out, I get it but I wouldn't be jumbling my roster too much.
Someone else did me the favor and grabbed T Hill at 11:49. Couldn't do it. And I have only 1 add move left with Higgins likely, but one might not know 100% until before kickoff. Landry plays at 1:00 and sits. Rooting for my bench player lol.

I understand Brady and the Bucs have not done so well vs Saints in regular season last couple years BUT if you watched these teams last week, Saints seem like they would need a lot of things to bounce right for them to win. Marching into New Orleans and snatching a victory is not easy but the Saints are in transition right now and are not a polished team or a finalized team where the Bucs roll in with a big trophy from 18 months ago and know exactly who they are and what they must do to win. I was impressed with their Defense last week shutting out the Dallas Cowboys, that offense did not produce anything and that is a great sign for the Bucs, they need the Defense to return to 2020.

Avoid: Julio was 3/69 rec and another 2/17 on the ground, they must feel like he still has some skills and speed. I don’t think he looked nearly as good as I have heard some media pundits who just looked at the box score and ran with that. Godwin Role will expand, look for the Tight End to see more action

Sat-Update: Looks like the Bucs are in Dire Straits at WR. Godwin is OUT, Julio Quest, Evans Quest, this looks awful and it should be pause on Brady unless you have no other option.

I also think the Fournette/White split will be more balanced. White was 6/14 on the ground, I look for that to change a lot. White had 2 catches and was unable to advance the ball much. Fournette on the other hand was strong when he touched the ball. Just to keep Fournette healthy all year. Leonard looked great and was sorely missed vs the Rams last year.

Saints WR: Landry had 7/114 last week and I was reminded when he was an actual thing at Miami and I was sporting my Orange-Edition Miami Dolphins with Landry on there. Jarvis racked up the most catches of any receiver 1st 3-4 years into the NFL…that might not be right but it’s damn close. Obviously Cleveland was holding him back, or Baker was a stinker but he is free and loose in this offense. With Thomas and the rookie Olave lining up outside, Landry is free to roam underneath and I think he found a sweet landing spot. Anyone that has a chance to get him since he was available in over 25% of RTS leagues I saw reported, PICK HIM UP!

Jay Glazer

@JayGlazer

Jameis Winston playing with 4 fractures in his back today from L1 down to L4. Playing in a lot of pain with extra padding to protect the area but still playing
@NFLonFOX

11:12 AM · Sep 18, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Jay Glazer
@JayGlazer

Jameis Winston playing with 4 fractures in his back today from L1 down to L4. Playing in a lot of pain with extra padding to protect the area but still playing
@NFLonFOX

11:12 AM · Sep 18, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
That is definitely not good. He might not finish the game today.

The amount of work you put into this thread is staggering. Great work.
The Browns outside of Nick Chubb are difficult to endorse or start on your roster. Outside of DPJ, not a single player had over 24 yds receiving and DPJ topped out with 60 yds despite the TD. I’m looking for a Jets upset and two teams that are 1-1 after Week 2.
Personally I think Hunt is a weekly plug'n'play option in most fantasy lineups. He may be a little TD dependent but even when Chubb is healthy Hunt consistently produces at fringe RB1 levels. He's on the field at least as much as Chubb (3 more snaps last week actually) and is their most complete back. The offense runs through the backfield in Cleveland and behind that offensive line he does a lot of damage on 14-16 opportunities per week.

RB: Javonte looked great and eventually I think the Broncos will figure out they are better off with him on the field. But the reality is 55/45 split, maybe 60/40 but the snap counts are similar. One might think Mel Gordon would see more touches in a potential blowout.
This is such a common narrative. Yes Javonte looks great we all know that. The problem is with the back half of the narrative which always seems to ignore or minimize the reality that Melvin looks great too. There is simply no motivation for the Broncos to overuse Javonte when there is virtually zero dropoff with Melvin in the game.

I traded for Javonte in week 3 last year and drafted Javonte as my RB2 this year. I would love to see him take the reins and get Henry/Taylor touches, but I have watched enough of the Broncos at this point to realize it's simply not going to happen sans injury to Gordon.

I'm looking for RBs that can be reliable starters at some point. I cannot see the coaches in Chicago continuing to lean on Montgomery when he is so bad. He looks like he's running in cement quite often. I've seen him with my own eyes not take off when there is a pretty good size hole to run thru. I'm not sure why he has such difficulty but if Herbert is fully healthy, sure seems like he has the upside in a few weeks.

Robinson is ahead of schedule and all information was he would be getting plenty of touches. It would appear you have him already. I picked up Herbert but am eyeballing Robinson. We only carry 5 and I had to make a couple moves with Mitchell out for 8 weeks. I did grab Wilson but also removed Drake for Herbert, don't like what Baltimore is doing on their run game. Wentz has 3 weapons to throw to plus a TE, you add in BRob and that offense is going to take off.
What helps Herbert is a new coaching staff, they didn’t draft Montgomery.

Users who are viewing this thread