What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FA QB David Garrard Signs with NYJ (1 Viewer)

The Hank

Footballguy
Move was announce on team's official Twitter handle @nyjets

Let the QB competition begin!

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jets are probably the only good thing about being a Bills fan.

They saw our Tavaris Jackson and raised us David Garrard.

Good Lord, this has to be the most dreadful QB situation since Andrew Walter/Aaron Brooks/Marques Tuiasosopo for the '06 Raiders.

Garrard is the most talented of the three. :shrug: Still a mess, but not a bad move considering what the Jets had.
The David Garrard who started for a few years in Jacksonville is more talented than Sanchez or Tebow.This David Garrard is 35 years old and had knee surgery last year. He could start or he could be cut in training camp.

I would rather see the Jets bring in rookies, FAs or make a trade for a QB who hasn't had a true shot at a starting gig yet. At least then there would be a sliver of hope, small as it might be, that maybe you just grabbed yourself a Brady or a Rodgers... or even a Russel Wilson.

But no. No, let's keep bringing in Tebows and Garrards. Lets bring in T. Jackson and Quinn too while we're at it. Hell. Makes sense now that I think about it. If you want competition for an already proven to be mediocre-at-best QB like Sanchez, you have to bring in another already proven to be mediocre-at-best QB. After all, it wouldn't actually be a competition if you had a good QB on your roster, now would it?

:thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont mind the signing for the Jets, but I do hope they draft someone as a Ray of hope.. anything to keep quasi legit competition in camp so sanchez does not see another snap ....

Garrabage finally lands in a spot where he can dominate the competition. They should also probably sign David Carr to complete the cluster.

I dont mind the signing for the Jets, but I do hope they draft someone as a Ray of hope.. anything to keep quasi legit competition in camp so sanchez does not see another snap ....
Given the circumstances the team is in, I don't mind the signing either. Am I excited about it? Not in the least. However its a one year deal and he's a stop gap option in a season where the team will be lucky to win 5 games. It gives the illusion, at least, of competition for Sanchez and the guy has won games in the past. I don't even care of they draft anyone this year, but as long as they don't do so in the first two rounds it wouldn't be a bad thing. I've completely resigned myself to this being a lost season where bad contracts are allowed to die. If they somehow win some games, great.

If you're going to be bad, be really bad like the 2011 Colts. A move like this can make them decent enough to risk a top 5 draft choice. This organization is lost.

I bet Drew Stanton is kicking himself. Forcing the Jets to let him go so he could compete against Andrew Luck for the starting gig was the biggest bonehead move I've seen in a while.

"New Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg says Tim Tebow will be "taking reps at quarterback.""

:lmao:

He's tricking the league! Those damn jedi's and their mind tricks!

'Warpig said:
"New Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg says Tim Tebow will be "taking reps at quarterback.""

:lmao:

He's tricking the league! Those damn jedi's and their mind tricks!
:lol:

Jets should apply for the first ever league transfer, into the Arena League.

David Garrard retiring. Citing that his knee is swelling after practice and won't hold up. I wonder if this is the end of the QBBC strategy that included David Garrard year after year. I personally think that waiting on a QB is the best strategy, as the QB position is as deep as ever.

Users who are viewing this thread