What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Falcons vs Packers - Week 14 (1 Viewer)

Joe Philbin starting the incompetence early
What was incompetent? He was right to challenge and it likely shouldn’t have stood.

If you mean the 2nd challenge...yes, even winning it you get yardage back but lose your last challenge and can’t use it for a possible turnover.

1st challenge correct.

2nd challenge was dumb no matter the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Philbin out of challenges already :lmao:  

Almost guaranteed to come back to haunt the packers later in the game.

McCarthy gone and Jamal Williams starts...let the complaining begin.

Bulaga is out and Williams is a lot better at pass protection.  Seeing more Williams and less Jones this game isn't a surprise.  

This shouldn’t come as a surprise. Philbin is even more incompetent than McCarthy. True Aaron Jones freedom can only come with a new HC that understands modern NFL offense.
Seems the offense worked fine.  As pointed out by the announcers woth 3/5 of the Oline out and a pass happy drove...Williams was the choice for blocking.

Seems the offense worked fine.  As pointed out by the announcers woth 3/5 of the Oline out and a pass happy drove...Williams was the choice for blocking.
That statement there is incomptence in how to design a modern NFL offense. I’m not sure what the disconnect is. Even if the offense is effective it is not optimal.

That statement there is incomptence in how to design a modern NFL offense. I’m not sure what the disconnect is. Even if the offense is effective it is not optimal.
The disconnect is you seem to think you know more about modern offense than many people.

I don’t think it’s incompetent to make sure Rodgers is protected early in while missing 3/5 of the starting Oline. And yeah it may be bad defense...but the is the most in sync the offense has looked for much of this year.

The disconnect is you seem to think you know more about modern offense than many people.

I don’t think it’s incompetent to make sure Rodgers is protected early in while missing 3/5 of the starting Oline. And yeah it may be bad defense...but the is the most in sync the offense has looked for much of this year.
Haha, I sure don’t. But you sure seem to think Williams is an appreciably better blocker than Jones. It’s just not true and Jones is such a better runner/reciever than Williams it makes the whole situation ludicrous to anyone with a shread of common sense.

Haha, I sure don’t. But you sure seem to think Williams is an appreciably better blocker than Jones. It’s just not true and Jones is such a better runner/reciever than Williams it makes the whole situation ludicrous to anyone with a shread of common sense.
I understand the team has felt he is the better blocker and that has been obvious all year as Williams has come in more during heavy passing droves and quick drives where they keep going.

And I appreciate not being called incompetent or that O don’t have common sense.  You seem to want to argue and along crap...enjoy the day.

I understand the team has felt he is the better blocker and that has been obvious all year as Williams has come in more during heavy passing droves and quick drives where they keep going.

And I appreciate not being called incompetent or that O don’t have common sense.  You seem to want to argue and along crap...enjoy the day.
I didn’t call you incompetent. I was suggesting Philbin and McCarthy are. If your statements are reflective of support for them and you feel like Williams is those things then I guess feel free to lump yourself in but I wasn’t attacking you. I will say you’re pretty sensitive to take it that way. This Williams #### is old news. It’s been done over and over and over again and is the most tiresome topic on this board.

I didn’t call you incompetent. I was suggesting Philbin and McCarthy are. If your statements are reflective of support for them and you feel like Williams is those things then I guess feel free to lump yourself in but I wasn’t attacking you. I will say you’re pretty sensitive to take it that way. This Williams #### is old news. It’s been done over and over and over again and is the most tiresome topic on this board.
You stated my post the sentence was incompetent.  Which would mean I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about when I claim the team has been more comfortable with Williams blocking (and that may include Rodgers as well).

It is tiresome that people complain so much about a drive that was effective within williams...that people get bent out of shape over the team being comfortable with him in situations.

I won’t support McCarthy and the offense or even Philbin being the interim...but I also will defend the use of players especially when it works. I don’t think it’s out of any common sense or incompetent to think Williams may be better in some situations for the team.

You stated my post the sentence was incompetent.  Which would mean I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about when I claim the team has been more comfortable with Williams blocking (and that may include Rodgers as well).

It is tiresome that people complain so much about a drive that was effective within williams...that people get bent out of shape over the team being comfortable with him in situations.

I won’t support McCarthy and the offense or even Philbin being the interim...but I also will defend the use of players especially when it works. I don’t think it’s out of any common sense or incompetent to think Williams may be better in some situations for the team.
Hmmm, I guess I did type it that way so I apologize. What I was suggesting was that the thought process by McCarthy and Philbin which is reflective in that statement (because obviously they feel that way) is incompetence. Not that I think you are incompetent. I don’t even know you or what you’ve posted in the past. 

Hmmm, I guess I did type it that way so I apologize. What I was suggesting was that the thought process by McCarthy and Philbin which is reflective in that statement (because obviously they feel that way) is incompetence. Not that I think you are incompetent. I don’t even know you or what you’ve posted in the past. 
Fair enough...though I also don’t find use to always be incompetent.  Because we are all ignorant about practice and where the line and players including Rodgers feel about which is best in different situations. It might be that Williams has done better in those situations and has a better grasp of them than Jones.  We don’t know.

Key block by Williams on the equipment guy on sideline to free up the long snapper to run on the field for the PAT after Jones' TD run.   

Users who are viewing this thread