What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fan Fest (1 Viewer)

prosopis

Arizona Chupacabra
I went to the Diamondbacks fan fest today. It was nice. I ran the 5k Dback race against cancer prior. I was able to pass Kirk Gibson and JJ Putz. I got a cool medal and went in to fan fest after the race. Dbacks Yard Sale was good with lots of deals on stuff. Lots of signed stuff.I attended the state of the team address with Derrick Hall and K Towers. I was a little surprised at the support they were getting regarding the trades they have made. I personally think trading Justin Upton was not a good thing. I seem to be in the minority with that opinion.Also surprising to me was the support shown for Mark Grace. For those that dont know he lost his announcing job here due to another DUI. I forget how many he has now but I am pretty sure a regular guy would be in jail now. I am supportive of Grace and wish he was still the announcer. I do know on Dbacks forums most people want to tar and feather him so it was nice to see people rally behind him today.I had my picture taken with Kirk Gibson!!!To top the day off I did something I have always wanted to do. I bought the weekend game package. :pickle: I am kind of a season ticket holder now.Any other teams have fan fest today? How were they?

Captain Hook

Footballguy
I was also at the DBacks Fan Fest yesterday - well at least for a few hours ...... really great it you have kids or want to buy stuff. But I did watch the Q&A with Hall and Towers and got a few laughs

prosopis

Arizona Chupacabra
I was also at the DBacks Fan Fest yesterday - well at least for a few hours ...... really great it you have kids or want to buy stuff. But I did watch the Q&A with Hall and Towers and got a few laughs
I was really surprised by the crowds reaction. I was ready for these guys to get torn up but people seemed happy and optimistic. I dont get it. :shrug:Are you a season ticket holder?

Captain Hook

Footballguy
I was really surprised by the crowds reaction. I was ready for these guys to get torn up but people seemed happy and optimistic. I dont get it. :shrug:Are you a season ticket holder?
No, not a full season ticket holder, although my wife and I buy a six game package most years or just go when we can (although it's a 45 minute ride each way).I think most of the fans in attendance even IF they had reservations about trading either JUp or Bauer were in a positive mood for the Fan Fest and not trying to get a vanilla answer even if they wanted to ask a question - AND they had plenty of opportunities to talk to Ken, Derrick, or KT and ask them privately if they wanted. Time for everyone to move on - they are gone (and really the trades can't be judged for several years - if then)

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic
Reds had theirs in December. It was awesome, but so damn crowded. Trying to get in the auotgraph lines takes some planning and strategy. I did win a guaranteed autograph session with Cueto, so let my son do that. We both got autos from Eric Davis and he also got a few others.

Limp Ditka

Footballguy
Reds had theirs in December. It was awesome, but so damn crowded. Trying to get in the auotgraph lines takes some planning and strategy. I did win a guaranteed autograph session with Cueto, so let my son do that. We both got autos from Eric Davis and he also got a few others.
Please tell me that the majority of those in attendance were people bringing their kids.

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic
Please tell me that the majority of those in attendance were people bringing their kids.
From what I can tell, yes. But maybe that's because we spend most of the time in the kids area or in the kids-only autograph lines.

Users who are viewing this thread