What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel -- Week 1 2022 (1 Viewer)

LoneWolf

Footballguy
Week 1 is finally upon us and we have done our research and are ready for the games to play out. After months of finding our stars, sleepers, and busts for the upcoming season, it time to look at the actual matchups.

I play primarily on fanDuel and all my thoughts are geared more toward that format. I am concerning myself primarily with the Sunday Main Slate, (sorry I don't do many individaul games). That said, I welcome input players of other sites. So, who's ready for some football?

Looking at the games, only two stand out as shoot outs: KC@ARI and Vegas@LAC. Those are the obvious games to stack.
Logic says I should have plenty of Chiefs and Cardinals, but I just don't feel comfortable investing heavily in this one. Who is Mahomes going to go to besides Kelce? Same for Murray and company. Hollywood Brown may be a good play; same for JuJu but who knows at this point. I may sprinkle my lineups with an occasional flier, but outside of Kelce (KC) and Connor (ARI) I doubt I am going to pay the premium for this game.
On the other hand, I am all over the Vegas/Chargers game. I will save and go with the cheaper options on this one. Either Herbert or Carr would be good choices in this one (personally I lean towards Carr. Eckler and Allen are almost automatic picks, and Mike Williams is just screaming value. Adams and Waller are also locks and Renfrow might be a good cheap option. FWIW, I dont' see Jacobs being a factor. In the end, this is the game I am banking on.

Here are a few other players I like:

QB -- Jalen Hurts: PHI@DET is another of the higher scoring games of the week and hurts has AJBrown to go alongside DSmith. Those receivers plus his rushing make him a sneaky good pick this week.
QB -- Lamar Jackson: Lamar has the J-E-T-S this week in what looks to be a one-sided affair. Playing from ahead, I expect Jackson to run (literally) all over the Jets this week.
RB -- Johnathan Taylor and Derrick Henry: Both have juicy matchups this week and could easily break the slate. Question is: Are you willing to pay the high prices?
RB -- Nick Chubb: I like Jacoby Brissett, but he is no DeShaun Watson. Cleveland will run, run, and run some more. Only if the ground is turned to lava will they throw. Chubb is my sleeper pick of the week.
WR-- Brandon Cooks: Always underappreciated, but HOU will have to throw to counter all those JTaylor TDs. Cooks is the man.
WR--Justin Jefferson: In another potential high scoring game, Jefferson will make Minnesota forget about Randy Moss.
TE -- David Njoku: Not really a target hog, but I can see him with a TD. And the price is right.

Those are my thoughts on the week. What are you thinking?

Week 1 is finally upon us and we have done our research and are ready for the games to play out. After months of finding our stars, sleepers, and busts for the upcoming season, it time to look at the actual matchups.

I play primarily on fanDuel and all my thoughts are geared more toward that format. I am concerning myself primarily with the Sunday Main Slate, (sorry I don't do many individaul games). That said, I welcome input players of other sites. So, who's ready for some football?

Looking at the games, only two stand out as shoot outs: KC@ARI and Vegas@LAC. Those are the obvious games to stack.
Logic says I should have plenty of Chiefs and Cardinals, but I just don't feel comfortable investing heavily in this one. Who is Mahomes going to go to besides Kelce? Same for Murray and company. Hollywood Brown may be a good play; same for JuJu but who knows at this point. I may sprinkle my lineups with an occasional flier, but outside of Kelce (KC) and Connor (ARI) I doubt I am going to pay the premium for this game.
On the other hand, I am all over the Vegas/Chargers game. I will save and go with the cheaper options on this one. Either Herbert or Carr would be good choices in this one (personally I lean towards Carr. Eckler and Allen are almost automatic picks, and Mike Williams is just screaming value. Adams and Waller are also locks and Renfrow might be a good cheap option. FWIW, I dont' see Jacobs being a factor. In the end, this is the game I am banking on.

Here are a few other players I like:

QB -- Jalen Hurts: PHI@DET is another of the higher scoring games of the week and hurts has AJBrown to go alongside DSmith. Those receivers plus his rushing make him a sneaky good pick this week.
QB -- Lamar Jackson: Lamar has the J-E-T-S this week in what looks to be a one-sided affair. Playing from ahead, I expect Jackson to run (literally) all over the Jets this week.
RB -- Johnathan Taylor and Derrick Henry: Both have juicy matchups this week and could easily break the slate. Question is: Are you willing to pay the high prices?
RB -- Nick Chubb: I like Jacoby Brissett, but he is no DeShaun Watson. Cleveland will run, run, and run some more. Only if the ground is turned to lava will they throw. Chubb is my sleeper pick of the week.
WR-- Brandon Cooks: Always underappreciated, but HOU will have to throw to counter all those JTaylor TDs. Cooks is the man.
WR--Justin Jefferson: In another potential high scoring game, Jefferson will make Minnesota forget about Randy Moss.
TE -- David Njoku: Not really a target hog, but I can see him with a TD. And the price is right.

Those are my thoughts on the week. What are you thinking?
Like the breakdown. Thanks for getting it started. I will post a few notes by Friday.

Yeah, thanks for starting. This forum needs more activity.

I’ll post some plays/strategy later. I’m only on DraftKings so that’s where my focus will be.

FanDuel only for me.

My player pool looks something like this:

QB - Hurts, Lamar, Herbert, and Murray. For value: Winston, Ryan, and Tua. I strongly prefer the duel threat QBs and I will be stacking with a teammate.
RB - Taylor, Henry, CMC, Ekler, Kamara, and Cook. For value: Barkley, Gibson, Mitchell, Etienne, and Edmonds. I think Henry is my favorite RB this week, based on price and matchup.
WR - Deebo, Chase, and JJ. For mid tier value: Mike Williams, Lazard, Juju, Mike Thomas, Theilen, and Bateman. For value: Renfro, Kirk, MVS, and Watkins. If I spend up at QB I will probably go cheap at WR. The value QBs would allow me to spend up at WR.
TE - Kelce and Andrews. I will probably opt for cheap and target Irv, Njoku, Hurst, and Cox.
D - Again, cheap here with Dolphins, Jaguars, and Commanders. If I can afford it, the one non-cheap defense I am interested in is the Bengals.

Placeholder Lineup:

Lamar - Edmonds, Barkley, Henry - Bateman, Lazard, JJ - Hurst - Jaguars

Fading tonights game

EditExport
  • 69531.png
    QBJalen Hurts
    $8,000
    PHI@DET
    SUN 1:00PM ET
    21.21FPPG
    PLAYED

• 89675.png
    RBJonathan Taylor
    $10,200
    IND@HOU
    20.77FPPG
    PLAYED

• 43334.png
    RBJ.D. McKissic
    $5,200
    JAC@WAS
    9.67FPPG
    PLAYED

• 57403.png
    WRCourtland Sutton
    $6,500
    DEN@SEA
    MON 8:15PM ET
    7.13FPPG
    PLAYED

• 32384.png
    WRMike Evans
    $8,000
    TB@DAL
    SUN 8:20PM ET
    14.97FPPG
    PLAYED

• 55987.png
    WRJuJu Smith-Schuster
    $6,300
    KC@ARI
    SUN 4:25PM ET
    5.4FPPG
    PLAYED

• 55042.png
    TEDalton Schultz
    $5,300
    TB@DAL
    SUN 8:20PM ET
    10.12FPPG
    PLAYED

• 93107.png
    FLEXAJ Dillon
    $6,100
    GB@MIN
    SUN 4:25PM ET
    9.83FPPG
    PLAYED

• 12529.png
    DEFCleveland Browns
    $4,300
    CLE@CAR
    6.23FPPG
    PLAYED

Some value plays on DK:

RB
EMitchell 5.4
MDavis 4.4
DPierce 4.8

WR
JDotson 3.4
WandaleRobinson 3.0
PCampbell
JuJu 5.2

For defense, I think it’s worth paying up for San Fran. The Chicago oline stinks and I think a rookie will be facing Bosa.

I love Michael Pittman Jr. this week but most of the world does too at his sun 6k price.

Cash QBs, I think Hurts, Jackson, and Holmes are all super safe.

A cheap stack of Lawrence to Kirk is very appealing.

Good luck all.

Min effort 3million 4 entries based on Vikings stack, Eagles stack, Dolphins stack, Patriots stack. Copied each entry into various single entry tournies from $1 to $10.

My interest in DFS took a shot late last season when rotoworld chose to shutdown its forum and migrate DFS discussion to a discord server.

The DFS discussion here is certainly not thriving....do any of you frequent other boards where there is more active DFS chat?

DFS makes for strange forum subject matter because you're really not incentivized to share good advice. If anything, you're incentivized to share bad advice. The people reading may very well be in some of the same contests as you, so there's no real benefit to sharing your best insights.

With that being said, I play casually and usually go hard the first 2-3 weeks of the season before rankings calcify. I feel like this is the best time to get value.

I play mainly 50/50s and just focus on players who are likely to have high carry/target volume relative to their cost. Went big on Pitts this week. Think he's possibly the #1 TE this year, so getting a steep discount from Kelce and Andrews was a nice prospect for me. Big on Barkley, Gibson, McCaffrey, DJ Moore, Jefferson. Rotating QB and DEF depending on budget. Have some Herbert, Jameis, and Carr. Have a bunch of defenses. Probably the most shares of MIN, as the price is intriguing. GB may be a paper tiger right now, even allowing for the greatness of Rodgers. Old team without much at WR/TE. Hard to see them lighting it up this week, so for dirt cheap, I think Vikings are about the best basement level play you can find.

I built a couple esoteric lineups for the big contests (small $$). Took some shots on basement guys like Alec Pierce, Nico Collins, and Evan Engram.

Users who are viewing this thread