What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 3 (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
I found it a lot easier to build a more complete and comfortable lineup on Fanduel this morning for cash.  

Even forcing your way into the prime RB matchups like Zeke and Cook, you can go off Barkley to Mack and still have salary elsewhere.  

I chose to fill WR with Lockett, Cobb, and Kirk.  The play might be 1 high priced guy and 2 bargain bin guys.  I'll take a harder look after listening to some podcasts.

Still pay up for TE with Kittle

Fill in with a running QB in Murray at home and Vikings D, I think I have something of a good start.  Overall it left me with $100 left over and I like the bones of it a lot.  

Someone explain FD's logic here:

- The Cardinals lead the entire NFL in pass attempts.

- Fitzgerald ranks 3rd in the NFL in targets. Kirk ranks 16th.

- Fitzgerald has back-to-back 100 yard games.

- Despite this, Fitzgerald and Kirk are priced at WR38-39 for the Sunday morning-afternoon games ($5900).

I know Larry is old and had bad numbers last year, but this is a new team with a totally different QB and offense.

I feel like FD are not adjusting fast enough, and it pretty much forces you to put Larry in your team.

Seattle for $3400 against a Saints team sans Brees looks pretty juicy to me...
The thing with that is Bridgewater could be good or average, I'm comfortable saying he won't be bad.  Either way I try not to look at opposing QB when I'm considering defenses.  I'd rather look at O-line vs D-line, and top CB's.  Turnovers are king so are sacks.  Has little to do with it being Bridgewater > Brees for the next few games.  

Love the Fitz call though, makes a ton of sense, not sure I can fit him in paying up for elite RB's.  

The thing with that is Bridgewater could be good or average, I'm comfortable saying he won't be bad.  Either way I try not to look at opposing QB when I'm considering defenses.  I'd rather look at O-line vs D-line, and top CB's.  Turnovers are king so are sacks.  Has little to do with it being Bridgewater > Brees for the next few games.  

Love the Fitz call though, makes a ton of sense, not sure I can fit him in paying up for elite RB's.  
It's possible.  Not sure I want to, but it is possible.  My placeholder at the moment (which has issues I am not comfortable with) has Allen, Elliott, McCaffrey, Cook, Hilton, Fitz, Agholor, Witten, CIN.  I won't be keeping this line up, but just illustrating three high end RBs + Hilton still with room for Fitz.  You mentioned bargain bin earlier...Agholor is only 4800!  I am not sure what the status is of Jeffrey and DJax, but when those guys were sidelined this past week, Agholor was featured pretty prominently.

Anyone gutsy enough to start Jones at QB in a cash game?  That creates some salary space for some high end core players.  I've played cheapo QBs in the past with some success, but still risky.  Back a few years the cheapo QBs used to be less than the current $6k floor.

Anyone gutsy enough to start Jones at QB in a cash game?  That creates some salary space for some high end core players.  I've played cheapo QBs in the past with some success, but still risky.  Back a few years the cheapo QBs used to be less than the current $6k floor.
Almost but trying Garoppolo instead.

Garoppolo,Zeke, Barkley,Watkins,Fitz,Agholar,Andrews,Kerryon,Colts

Could drop from Andrews to Doyle and upgrade QB but this feels safer.

- Despite this, Fitzgerald and Kirk are priced at WR38-39 for the Sunday morning-afternoon games ($5900).

I know Larry is old and had bad numbers last year, but this is a new team with a totally different QB and offense.

I feel like FD are not adjusting fast enough, and it pretty much forces you to put Larry in your team.
Seems like they have always been slower than DK to adjust, but this is also weird b/c they seemed to be quick to jack up the prices on the TEs who broke out week 1 - ie wasn't Hockenson TE 4 or 5 last week in pricing?

Almost but trying Garoppolo instead.

Garoppolo,Zeke, Barkley,Watkins,Fitz,Agholar,Andrews,Kerryon,Colts

Could drop from Andrews to Doyle and upgrade QB but this feels safer.
I have been eyeballing Olsen.  Arizona has been shredded by two mediocre TEs thus far...Hockenson and Andrews.  Perhaps Arizona can not defend the TE position too well...

Yea, they pumped up Hockenson pretty quickly and now Andrews is way up there too. Lamar is also very expensive now. Even John #######' Ross was expensive going into this past week and he had two years of being irrelevant previously.

It feels like with AZ they're just locked into a preseason narrative of rookie QB/bad offense/dodgy WRs, but the early returns suggest that Fitz is still viable and that the new QB/pass-first mentality could lead to a big season for all involved parties.

Of course, now that I say this Fitz will probably go 1-14 next week, but seriously, with how much Kyler is chucking the ball both of those WRs just look like found money at the rankings/prices they've been assigned.

CIN defense looked so awful last week vs. 49ers... think I need to run with Josh Allen / John Brown stack in GPP with Buffalo at home, 2-0 and high scoring potential.  Leaves a decent amount of $ for RB studs in other games.

Thought about it but there is such value at ultra cheap WRs this week I haven't had to.  I have team iterations that have Zeke and CMc and either Mahomes or Jackson.  

My current version of the truth is Murray, Elliott, McCaffrey, Ekeler, Fitz, Sanders, Agholor, Olsen, Dallas

Ughh...I just don't have a good feel for this week.  I like these players individually, but I ended up with 3 stacks in there!  This is not likely a good plan for a cash game, but...

I am running 2 cash lineups for the Thurs-Mon slate:

1) Murray, Ekeler, Elliot, Brown, Agholor, Fitzgerald, Kittle, McCaffrey, Vikings

2)Mahomes, Fournette, Ekeler, Sanders, Fitzgerald, Agholar, Ertz, Cook, Cowboys

It does seem like a very weird week.  There seems to be a ton of value at WR but it also seems like a lot of hit or miss at WR and could doom a lot of lineups.  It might be a good week to stay away from GPPs because it appears there are a lot of combos that you could run in lineups.

1) Murray, Ekeler, Elliot, Brown, Agholor, Fitzgerald, Kittle, McCaffrey, Vikings

It does seem like a very weird week.  There seems to be a ton of value at WR but it also seems like a lot of hit or miss at WR and could doom a lot of lineups.  It might be a good week to stay away from GPPs because it appears there are a lot of combos that you could run in lineups.
I was thinking the opposite...lol.  But I am not typically a gpp player, so I probably won't start going there now.

I posted this in the DK thread, but I almost think the opposite, especially on that site.  

All I hear is how you have to jam in at least two of Zeke, Cook, Barkley, Ekeler.    I think, again, especially on FD were there is so much value at WR, the LU construction will look very similar as people jam in RBs.  I THINK gpps would be the same, so this might be a good week to do the other way and pay down at RB and pay up at WR in gpps.  Starting with something like:

Michel/A.Jones - Julio/Cooper/Evans   

I think would instantly make your LUs different without having to look at scrubs.  That gives you 2 RBs with lots of touches and RZ work and 3 WRs in great spots this week, but it will be a low owned construction because everybody is scrambling to jam in 2 of the 7.5K+ Rbs in their LUs this week.  

Hard to say. Maybe it's an algorithm based on previous week's ownership percentage?

I'm not opposed to a cheap guy like Brissett in cash. But this feels like a meatgrinder for Jones on Sunday. 

This week feels like an opportunity to own shares of underperforming blue chip players. So I am using Mike Evans, JuJu, OJ Howard,  etc. in some GPP lineups. 

I dunno.  How high is the ceiling of a 36 year old running back on the Bills?  I want high ceiling guys on my GPP teams.  

I did take Gore in cash because I see his floor being relatively high for his price.
Yeah, I thought gore could be used on FD cash, but not sure about his upside for gpps either.  

Some nice overlay tonight on the Thu-Mon gpps.  
I got in on some of that action for once.   Got a whole $1 gpp that only filled abou 280 of its 1176 entries. 

Went with D.Henry in that one.  

I have one other $1 SE that I played Fournette in.  

Fanduel cash:

Lamar

Zeke

Cook 

Hollywood

Fitz

Smokey

Agholor

Kittle

Cowboys/Pats 

A bit aggressive with the double stack but I want KC/Balt and Cowboys 

KC/BAL is going to have terrible weather.  Heavy rain/storms. Winds don't look too bad but it is going to be wet.  

I have a philosophical problem with targeting a game rather than matchups or values in cash games.  It's not my way of thinking at least.  I think that's more suited to GPP's where you're looking at high totals.  Volume plays into that in a way, but I'm more focused on volume and value at the price listed, rather than volume and "plays with Mahomes (or insert other player)".

I have a philosophical problem with targeting a game rather than matchups or values in cash games.  It's not my way of thinking at least.  I think that's more suited to GPP's where you're looking at high totals.  Volume plays into that in a way, but I'm more focused on volume and value at the price listed, rather than volume and "plays with Mahomes (or insert other player)".
I am with you a little bit, but more on DK.  TDs matter more on FD, so I tend to look at higher scoring teams and RZ touches here more than I do for DK plays.  

I haven't looked at any projected percentages, but here is a homer GPP lineup I created while on the throne this morning  :lol:  

M. Rudolph

E. Elliott, D. Johnson

K. Allen, C. Godwin, D. Johnson

V. McDonald, G. Kittle

Dallas

===

Steeler stack and come back with Kittle + Zeke / Dallas correlation play.

RG623 said:
Kyle Allen too risky for cash?
I played with it, and it allowed me a little upgrade at wr.  I just think the wrs are cheap enough that you probably don't need to do it on FD.  

Right now I have L.Jackson,Zeke, Ekeler, and Cook jammed in and dont hate the wrs.  

So for me it's a 1v1 decision like Jackson + Fitz or K.Allen + K.Allen.   I think I still prefer option 1.  

I’m on the same track. It came down to Jackson and Agohlor or Allen and Julio to pair with Zeke and Mccafrey. Of course, the Allen and Mccafrey stack is another element of risk in cash

I’m on the same track. It came down to Jackson and Agohlor or Allen and Julio to pair with Zeke and Mccafrey. Of course, the Allen and Mccafrey stack is another element of risk in cash
I am also biased - in cash I usually pay for QB and rb, so I will usually default back to that if given the choice.  Hardly ever pay up at wr in cash.  

Final cash lineup unless something drastic comes out tomorrow, or I decide to break my vow now to fiddle with it in the morning.  

Kyler Murray

Zeke, Cook, Gore

Keenan Allen, Cobb, Fitzgerald

Kittle

Vikings

Going team jam 'em in for cash:

Lamar

Zeke/McCaffrey/Cook

Fitz/Sanders/Agholor

Witten

SF

I think the temptation is high to go cheap at QB and pay up for a WR or two, but I couldn't pull the trigger in cash, and I think this had about as much TD upside as I could get in there.  My 1v1 pivot I was debating is Michel/Kittle instead of Cook/Witten - I might do that in my 10man league.    

Going team jam 'em in for cash:

Lamar

Zeke/McCaffrey/Cook

Fitz/Sanders/Agholor

Witten

SF

I think the temptation is high to go cheap at QB and pay up for a WR or two, but I couldn't pull the trigger in cash, and I think this had about as much TD upside as I could get in there.  My 1v1 pivot I was debating is Michel/Kittle instead of Cook/Witten - I might do that in my 10man league.    
Currently at a lot of similar names:

Jackson

Zeke, McCaffrey, Carson

Agohlor, Sanders, Fitzgerald

Ertz

Seattle

Think I’m pretty settled on this. May swap Andrews for Ertz based on positive pregame reports on his health. 

Currently at a lot of similar names:

Jackson

Zeke, McCaffrey, Carson

Agohlor, Sanders, Fitzgerald

Ertz

Seattle

Think I’m pretty settled on this. May swap Andrews for Ertz based on positive pregame reports on his health. 
I like it (obviously).  I think I misread the Seattle D price the first time, and have been looking at that more now.  

That 1v1 is driving me crazy though.  I think Michel/Kittle have more td equity, but they haven't been hitting yet this year.  

My current version of the truth is Murray, Elliott, McCaffrey, Ekeler, Fitz, Sanders, Agholor, Olsen, Dallas

Ughh...I just don't have a good feel for this week.  I like these players individually, but I ended up with 3 stacks in there!  This is not likely a good plan for a cash game, but...
I haven't moved from setting this earlier in the week.  Still don't feel good and I dialed back the amount of $ in play compared to the first 2 weeks.  One of these big name, can't miss RBs is going to flop...which one?  Or worse, they all produce but one outscores the other 30-25 and it will come down to splitting hairs around the cut lines where a few points sets you back 30 spots in the standings.  

Would have worked...as would have Kyle Allen at min price.

Well,  I guess my bad feeling was unwarranted, although I did have to overcome that turd by E. Sanders.  Thank you Mr. McCaffrey and Mr. Olsen.  140.22...best finish 22nd; worst 33rd in 12 - $2 50/50 contests.  Not flashy, but got the job done for 50/50.    Now I wish I hadn't scaled back my play this week.  Oh well.  I'll take the profit. 

Users who are viewing this thread