What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanex Expert Draft Underway (1 Viewer)

Maximus, let me see if I understand this. You're saying that if it comes to your pick in the middle of the 1st round, you would rather take a guy that the consensus says should be the next pick over someone you have ranked higher, and who won't be there in the next round?

Maxie - re-read what you wrote. You basically said that people should blindly follow the script in rounds 1 and 2. That is what Bruce and I disagree about. If you feel that you shouldn't take risks in the first two rounds, that's something totally different.

Maximus, let me see if I understand this. You're saying that if it comes to your pick in the middle of the 1st round, you would rather take a guy that the consensus says should be the next pick over someone you have ranked higher, and who won't be there in the next round?
What I'm saying is that for the most part MY rankings are pretty much in line with what the "herd"..."consensus" rankings are. Edge is 10th RB on MY list thus my thinking he was a big reach being taken at the 5 spot and my comenting about it.....that's all. Its not a grevious huge error but IMO, according to MY rankings, the guy didn't take the better player. I don't know why my rankings seem to fall in line with the "herd" but they pretty much do with the first 20 players. And in such a small sample size of 20 players for someone to take a guy 5 spots(actually 7 spots cause I would also take TO and Harrison before Edge as well) before I'd have thought he'd go, to me seems like a mistake to me. Now evidently according to some folks as they have stated, taking Edge as the 5th RB and 5th overall doesn't seem to soon for them....Well that's fine and dandy but to me according to MY rankings, picking a guy 7 spots before I thought he'd go deserved a comment from me. Does that help you understand a bit better...-Maxie

What I'm saying is that for the most part MY rankings are pretty much in line with what the "herd"..."consensus" rankings are. Edge is 10th RB on MY list thus my thinking he was a big reach being taken at the 5 spot and my comenting about it.....that's all. Its not a grevious huge error but IMO, according to MY rankings, the guy didn't take the better player. I don't know why my rankings seem to fall in line with the "herd" but they pretty much do with the first 20 players.

And in such a small sample size of 20 players for someone to take a guy 5 spots(actually 7 spots cause I would also take TO and Harrison before Edge as well) before I'd have thought he'd go, to me seems like a mistake to me. Now evidently according to some folks as they have stated, taking Edge as the 5th RB and 5th overall doesn't seem to soon for them....Well that's fine and dandy but to me according to MY rankings, picking a guy 7 spots before I thought he'd go deserved a comment from me.

Does that help you understand a bit better...

-Maxie
Yes, it sounds like you let the consensus determine your top 20 player rankings, which I can't believe. But if it works for you, so be it. Sounds like your questioning how the guy who took Edge #5 does his rankings, not how he drafts. Do you agree that if he has the guy rated say #4 overall, he should take him there?

Maxie - re-read what you wrote. You basically said that people should blindly follow the script in rounds 1 and 2. That is what Bruce and I disagree about. If you feel that you shouldn't take risks in the first two rounds, that's something totally different.
Picking "blindly"....I guess I'd like to take that word back if I can. Obvioulsy one can't pick blindly otherwise your $crewed. What I mean is that for the most part, the first 20 picks....20 players are for the most part the same players.....no matter how you/I slice it. For me and I've been quite successful over the years due to this, I invariably am pretty conservative with my first two picks. I usually go RB-RB. This year if I have the 7th or 8th pick, Im probably going to pick Harrison and than go RB cause I feel Marvin is head and shoulders above any WR including TO. But, yes I think there pretty much is a script for the first 2 rounds of drafts other than some guys taking ones place(ex...some like Deuce better than Holmes....Faulk as #3 instead of at #2....Portis as #1 instead of #4....yada yada). But to me Unlucky and this is my point again, according to MY rankings, Edge is the 10th best RB and he's closer in MY rankings to being the #11(I like JLewis there) than he is to being #9. I also like Marvin and TO ahead of Edge and so on my board, Edge is about 12-13 overall. This guy in Fanex took Edge at #5 which is about 7-8 places ahead of where I'd have taken and thus my comment that I think he made a mistake. In such a small sample size, I felt that 7-8 spots too soon deserved a comment and if the "herd" says that too, what can I say....I'm with the herd in the first two rounds and this guy isn't. I wish him luck....I contend that taking Edge at #5 overall in any draft is way to risky for my blood....just my opinion.-MaxieIt was my opinion.

What I'm saying is that for the most part MY rankings are pretty much in line with what the "herd"..."consensus" rankings are. Edge is 10th RB on MY list thus my thinking he was a big reach being taken at the 5 spot and my comenting about it.....that's all. Its not a grevious huge error but IMO, according to MY rankings, the guy didn't take the better player. I don't know why my rankings seem to fall in line with the "herd" but they pretty much do with the first 20 players.

And in such a small sample size of 20 players for someone to take a guy 5 spots(actually 7 spots cause I would also take TO and Harrison before Edge as well) before I'd have thought he'd go, to me seems like a mistake to me. Now evidently according to some folks as they have stated, taking Edge as the 5th RB and 5th overall doesn't seem to soon for them....Well that's fine and dandy but to me according to MY rankings, picking a guy 7 spots before I thought he'd go deserved a comment from me.

Does that help you understand a bit better...

-Maxie
Yes, it sounds like you let the consensus determine your top 20 player rankings, which I can't believe. But if it works for you, so be it. Sounds like your questioning how the guy who took Edge #5 does his rankings, not how he drafts. Do you agree that if he has the guy rated say #4 overall, he should take him there?
Joffer, what I'm saying is that MY top 20 players were forumlated out of MY ranking system not from the consensus or what the "herd" said were the top 20 players. I don't even know if my rankings are what the herd's is cause to be honest, I really don't care. I've got a hunch though that my rankings are probably not that far off.What I was questioning with regards to this guy's pick was his conclusion that Edge was the 5th ranked guy and his taking him as 5th overall and passing up guys who have just as much upside as him and alot less downside....you follow?

If this guy honestly has Edge as the 4th or 5th overall according to HIS rankings, than YES, he should take him there. I guess what I'm wondering is HOW could he and I be so off....7-8 spots is a pretty dang big difference in a pool of 20-24 players depending upon if we are talking 10 or 12 team leagues....that's all.

-Maxie

What I was questioning with regards to this guy's pick was his conclusion that Edge was the 5th ranked guy and his taking him as 5th overall and passing up guys who have just as much upside as him and alot less downside....you follow?

If this guy honestly has Edge as the 4th or 5th overall according to HIS rankings, than YES, he should take him there. I guess what I'm wondering is HOW could he and I be so off....7-8 spots is a pretty dang big difference in a pool of 20-24 players depending upon if we are talking 10 or 12 team leagues....that's all.

-Maxie
Fair enough, it's a question of rankings, not draft strategy. I think I misunderstood your point to begin with and I think Bruce did above as well.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have Edge ranked there. I've got him at #7 myself.

Fair enough, it's a question of rankings, not draft strategy. I think I misunderstood your point to begin with and I think Bruce did above as well.I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have Edge ranked there. I've got him at #7 myself.
I agree.

What I was questioning with regards to this guy's pick was his conclusion that Edge was the 5th ranked guy and his taking him as 5th overall and passing up guys who have just as much upside as him and alot less downside....you follow?

-Maxie
Fair enough, it's a question of rankings, not draft strategy. I think I misunderstood your point to begin with and I think Bruce did above as well.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have Edge ranked there. I've got him at #7 myself.
Yeah Joff and Unlucky, looks like we had a bit of a misunderstanding and we were playing the "semantics game". So glad we could finally put this puppy to rest.

-Maxie

Fair enough, it's a question of rankings, not draft strategy. I think I misunderstood your point to begin with and I think Bruce did above as well.I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have Edge ranked there. I've got him at #7 myself.
I agree.
Unlucky my man, I forgot to ask you this before. I was wondering where it is YOU have Edge ranked overall....huh?. I happen to have him as my #13 overall behind 9 RB's and 2 WR's(Marvin and TO obviously) in any 10 team or 12 team league....Was curious as to where you have him sitting currently on your board.....thanks-Maxie

Wow, this dude McLorey takes TO with the final pick of first round and than lets "timer expire" with his wrap around pick.....hmmmm :shock: I know stuff happens and all but that's pretty inexcusable especially when he simply could have pre-set his pick....Hmmmm....bizarre I tell ya....bizarre!. Now because of this snafu, this guy Engle get a nice little gift as FTaylor is staring at him waiting to be had and I'm sure he never thought he'd be able to get him at the 2.4 slot....Anyways, would not have thought something like this would occur in an "experts" draft as prominent as the Fanex one is....go figure.-Maxie

i don't see anything worth while here. just another typical "experts" draft. the only thing different about this one is, they seem to not even want to draft. one dude couldn't even make a pick within 30 hours on a back to back. if they can't get excited about this draft, why should i?

Wow, this dude McLorey takes TO with the final pick of first round and than lets "timer expire" with his wrap around pick.....hmmmm :shock: I know stuff happens and all but that's pretty inexcusable especially when he simply could have pre-set his pick....Hmmmm....bizarre I tell ya....bizarre!. Now because of this snafu, this guy Engle get a nice little gift as FTaylor is staring at him waiting to be had and I'm sure he never thought he'd be able to get him at the 2.4 slot....Anyways, would not have thought something like this would occur in an "experts" draft as prominent as the Fanex one is....go figure.-Maxie
I was wondering that myself. I mean, he could have taken a KICKER with that pick and been better off than letting time expire. Anyone know if he can jump in later with a pick or is he basically screwed?

I agree with KING. These are so-called experts. If they cannot pre-draft to prevent from being skipped, they do not deserve to be called an expert. It was even the second of a back-to-back pick. That blows my mind. In the past, this league was a highly regarded FFL which others could look upon for reliable dialogue and reasoning for the picks made. Now it seems that it is just joke.....So long FanEx.....You now need to re-earn the respect that has been lost.Edited for typoes.... :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, it's a question of rankings, not draft strategy.  I think I misunderstood your point to begin with and I think Bruce did above as well.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have Edge ranked there.  I've got him at #7 myself.
I agree.
Unlucky my man, I forgot to ask you this before. I was wondering where it is YOU have Edge ranked overall....huh?. I happen to have him as my #13 overall behind 9 RB's and 2 WR's(Marvin and TO obviously) in any 10 team or 12 team league....Was curious as to where you have him sitting currently on your board.....thanks-Maxie
Max, I've got a lot of respect for your opinions over the last few years that I've seen 'em here, but I've got to take you to task on this one.Regarding James, you said "I happen to have him as my #13 overall behind 9 RB's and 2 WR's(Marvin and TO obviously) in any 10 team or 12 team league..."

Now, without knowing what the scoring system is, how can you state this? I'm not talking the really bizarre ones that people could come up with but I would think a blanket statement like that almost has to be inaccurate; otherwise, what's the reasoning for coming up with different lists for separate leagues?

It's been more fun watching Maximus back-track and flip-flop than it has watching this draft! :lol:

Ok so Maximus has Edge at #13 and Hulett took him at #5....AntSports says James goes on average at 1.09. Seems to me Max that you are equally skewed from the norm as Hulett is, so why call him out?

Ok so Maximus has Edge at #13 and Hulett took him at #5....AntSports says James goes on average at 1.09. Seems to me Max that you are equally skewed from the norm as Hulett is, so why call him out?
Come on, read the post. Because #5 is such a glaring difference from HIS #13. As Maximus said, it was a misunderstanding of semantics. If you had someone ranked #50, you would be shocked to see him get drafted #10 wouldn't you? I realize that is hyperbole, but that is in essence what happened(based on Maxie's rankings) and prompted his initial comment.
It's been more fun watching Maximus back-track and flip-flop than it has watching this draft!
I have seen no back-tracking. Just a good debate until semantics were cleared up. Quit trying to find fire where there isn't any to be found.

so, basically, this guy ian allen is loving life right about now (portis, martin, green at RB thanks to the timer expiring)... i thought the skipped guys would get their picks at the end of the round... instead: SOL

why was bennett drafted at 3.05 "per commissioner"?lets see, what a great draft so far. :thumbdown: 29 picks in 4 days2 expired timersthe commissioner picks an injured player for the guy that reached in round 1.i've got an idea. why don't they scrap this joke of a draft, and start over. the they can find some new "experts" that may actually want to draft, and maybe know what they are doing!

Hulett dosen't have a clue, he had Bennet high up on his pre-draft list. I guess the commissioner was forced to follow the list!Let's see he selects Edge at #5...no value at that spot and takes Bennett for his rb #2...LOL. This guy...for that matter this whole draft is one BIG Joke! :thumbdown:

bennett would be his RB3, he took lewis in the 2nd. it's on MFL, so they can pre-draft themselves, they don't need the commish to pick for them. also he was only on the clock for 40 minutes. even if it was a case of him sending in a draft list with instructions to pick for him, i would think the commish would want to verify a dumb pick such as this. instead of just "rushing" to post it for him. :no:

Fair enough, it's a question of rankings, not draft strategy.  I think I misunderstood your point to begin with and I think Bruce did above as well.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have Edge ranked there.  I've got him at #7 myself.
I agree.
Max, I've got a lot of respect for your opinions over the last few years that I've seen 'em here, but I've got to take you to task on this one.Regarding James, you said "I happen to have him as my #13 overall behind 9 RB's and 2 WR's(Marvin and TO obviously) in any 10 team or 12 team league..."

Now, without knowing what the scoring system is, how can you state this? I'm not talking the really bizarre ones that people could come up with but I would think a blanket statement like that almost has to be inaccurate; otherwise, what's the reasoning for coming up with different lists for separate leagues?
To clarify Spike, all I said was that in 10 or 12 team leagues, I have Edge at 13th overall in MY rankings. I say that cause even if its in a 12 team league, even though I may have Edge ranked at 13th overall in both kinds of leagues due to the RB position being so important and depending upon how fast and furious the RB's are being swiped up, I might forgoe taking a MHarrison or TO(two guys I have ranked ahead of Edge) and take him one or two picks earlier that what my personal VBD system says to do.....that's all. Does that help ya follow what I'm talking about...eh?-Maxie

Sheesh...another 'Timer Expired' in the first 16 picks. :no:
This is absurd....Why do this draft if your not going to do it right.....pathetic....totally pathetic. This whole draft is a sham now seeing that players now are going to teams that NEVER should have had a chance to have them. Besides that, some of the picks thus far have been atrocious...."Michael Bennett in the 3rd round"......huh??.....What am I missing?. And this is the same dude who I questioned why he took Edge as 5th overall. Maybe I was on to something afterall......no??....... :P -Maxie

Come on, read the post. Because #5 is such a glaring difference from HIS #13. As Maximus said, it was a misunderstanding of semantics. If you had someone ranked #50, you would be shocked to see him get drafted #10 wouldn't you? I realize that is hyperbole, but that is in essence what happened(based on Maxie's rankings) and prompted his initial comment.I have seen no back-tracking. Just a good debate until semantics were cleared up. Quit trying to find fire where there isn't any to be found.
I couldn't have said it better myself Pelican with regards to those two posts and so thank you my friend for saving me the time.....cheers!-Maxie

What the heck is going on in this draft now....huh?. Now one of the guys is saying something about they couldn't even draft the guy he wanted inferring that the "timer expired" owners may have taken his pick.....huh???..... :wall: Great job Fanex people....y'all should be ashamed of yourselves as this current "experts" mock is a total sham!!...-Maxie

dunn, and stewart before culpepper? :rotflmao: :no: :confused: 3.05 bennett3.06 dunn3.07 stewart3.09 hambrickforget blackeyedjoe.com if you want to mess with the other owners in your league. send them to fanex!

First, this draft is a total joke. A bunch of 13 yr olds at yahoo could do a better job. Second, if you want to see who the "timer expired" dudes ended up with, click on their name and then go to their rosters. McClory got Hines Ward at 2.01. Now there is Real Value for you :wacko:

You quit because you're just scared. Me, Cracker, and Unlucky are like numbers 99,765, 99,766, and 99,777 on their waiting list(as if). You couldn't handle us kicking your ....when you're 90 years old ;) ok just playin :brush: all better now

Joe and I quit this league and it all goes to hell...LOL. This is some pretty stellar drafting. :rotflmao:
Quit...you guys are the founders, building blocks, instrumental. Come on DD, this is premier stuff! "Welcome to FanEx, the premier fantasy football showcase league on the Internet, we’re glad you stopped by. Founded by fantasy football gurus Greg Kellogg and Joe Bryant, FanEx is stocked full of the biggest and brightest fish from the biggest and best fantasy football ponds available. We work hard to provide the most useful information all season long from some of the best minds in the industry."

sent to the FanEx folks..."Your recent FanEx draft is a total fraud. You should have invited me if you wanted some real competition in the fray. Besides not timing out, I wouldn't have made some of the bogus selections to date. I recommend that you get some real owners that know something about fantasy football and dump some of these clowns. You should probably scrap this current draft before you embarrass yourself for the rest of the year.P.S. You may want to contact Joe Bryant about removing his name off your website as I'm sure he wouldn't want his name associated with a farce like this."

sent to the FanEx folks...
Wrong. You sent your mesage to the webmaster - who is not involved in the online draft. The earlier expired selections were caused by a technical glitch and a misunderstanding of the MFL site's pre-draft option. All is fine in FanExville.

Wrong. You sent your mesage to the webmaster - who is not involved in the online draft. The earlier expired selections were caused by a technical glitch and a misunderstanding of the MFL site's pre-draft option. All is fine in FanExville.
My apologies then, although the website hasn't been updated and time outs are still an embarrassment.

And I still think the best and brightest fish are in the FBG shark pool, but htat's just a personal opinion.

ffs people... you're forcing me to repost a beaten-to-death rant of mine concerning FANTASY sports... today's lesson:Ms. Cleo vs. 'The Almighty (insert religion/faith/Urlacher here)': One claims to know the future... the other does, but ain't tellin'(Boring) points to ponder:1) All argumentative opinions, or even logic based conclusions, are based upon a base set of assumptions. These assumptions are key to any argument, and the perceived confidence that said assumptions can be considered "facts" determines the perceived validity of the argument. (At least I think so... )2) For example, I FIRMLY BELIEVE an argument based on the assumption that from the perspective of someone on earth, the sun will 'rise' in the eastward direction and 'set' in the westward is more valid than an argument based upon the assumption that a player involved in multiple NFL related events/practices/fights/parties/paternity-suits/etc will gain EXACTLY 30 more FANTASY (note that word) points than another player.3) Now, as a rebuttal to myself, the argument in question deals with a somewhat 'even playing field'... i.e. FFL assumption versus another FFL assumption. I'll give you that. And based upon a perfect NFL world, these strong statements/opinions posted would be a bit more valid than I suggest. But my post is based upon point #2... while an extreme and obvious point, it however does (should) convey the point that some assumptions are much more likely to be eventual truth than others.4) For example: while it is possible for the sun to 'shine' in CO before it does in NY, if there were a super-storm-cloud-smog-stuff or something in NY, it is extremely unlikely. However, I believe it is much more likely for one of the top 6 'consensus/expert' RB FFL picks to not live up to consensus/expert PROJECTIONS (check def'n of that word in dictionary later) due to injury, attitude, schedule, situation, or just plain bad luck. What about you?You may ask yourself, "Self, what the heck does all that drivel/crap he just posted have to do with anything?"Well, based upon my crap, here are some FFL-based points and questions to ponder:A) Claiming that a backup RB on a mediocre SEA team would gain more points than almost all of the RB taken 12-16 rounds ahead of him is ludicrous, correct? Or some grocery bag-boy would post near-legendary fantasy #s? Or a castoff from the Vince McMahon league would lead a team to the playoffs?. B) If you think that is just plain dumb, consider that there are actually people out there that picked someone other than the consensus VBD player for a given year!! How dumb!!! I mean we all know that the VBD projections of (insert name here) are always 100% correct. By the way, did I forget to mention that no-one ever gets hurt playing football?C) Another interesting question: If you were in a 'Fantasy Super-Bowl Pick'em' league, and blessed with a top 5 pick... how many of you would have 'drafted' the eventual champion in the last 4-5 years? Or even 1 of the 2 teams in the SB?D) How many times have you been in a league where the 'unexpected' happens and changes the outcome of the league in a heartbeat? Personally I believe 'unexpected' is a mis-nomer in FFL... a more appropriate term would be undertimed-date-of disaster/salvation (depending on your point of view).-----Now, if you've bothered to read this far, I must first salute you... and then try to make a really long post into some kind of concise point:Fantasy football is just that... fantasy. An owner is allowed to field any team they choose... perhaps for reasons only they know and/or believe. This does NOT make said owner an idiot/moron/un-informed/worthless/etc. It makes them unique; a gambler; a home-team-body; a loose-screw, a long-shot, etc... and that's what makes this GAME fun.Now, I know the retorts coming my way... and I guarantee they sound very similar to those of a 'professional' black-jack gambler (odds vs luck, blah blah blah). Such people get really pissed when people like me hit on 19 for the hell of it. This is why I play roulette.And yes, I have won a FFL league once or twice. And yes I have also lost badly... real bad. But I always had fun, and I was either a lucky genius or a hopeful idiot... and I like it that way.Peace. Out.

First, this draft is a total joke. A bunch of 13 yr olds at yahoo could do a better job. Second, if you want to see who the "timer expired" dudes ended up with, click on their name and then go to their rosters. McClory got Hines Ward at 2.01. Now there is Real Value for you :wacko:
I hear ya Pocket. I'd also luv to read as to why this dude McLory took LBetts ahead of KBarlow in the 4th round no less!!..... :wacko: He must know something we don't.....eh?-Maxie

Last edited by a moderator:
TC...seeing that you apparently know the machinations about what is going in this supposed "experts" draft, why aren't there any comments from the "expert" owners and the reasoning behind why these picks were made as has been done in past Fanex drafts....huh? I know for me, that was the best part of observing the Fanex draft in the past and it might help explain and give some clarity to some of us like yours truly, who are still scratching our heads at some of the absurd selections that have been made thus far.To be totally frank and withought "flaming" y'all over there, your draft over there has been very very dissapointing to say the least as it appears to me to be very amaterish, which is suprising, seeing that in the past, the Fanex draft was something that alot of us enjoyed perusing and checking out as an interesting read.Also, one more thing TC, why do you say "all is well at Fanex" when its clearly evident and readilly apparent to all of us FFG's following it, that clearly there is both apathy and a lack of preperation from some of the owners involved......eh?Thanks in advance and I look forward to reading your response or anyone else over at Fanex who is reading this thread's response. -Maxie

He said there was a technical glitch and all is fine. He didn't elaborate. You're clearly baiting him and now this is on the 3rd page at the shark pool. Apparently he's above your baiting.TC didn't do a darn thing to you and he's a very well known nice guy. Fanex has a fine reputation. He said there was a glitch, please accept it as that and don't harp on my friend.Thank youYes I know this is about the time Shick! tells me to relax ;) Just...Maximus, he's a good guy, cut him some slack OK? Thanks

We had planned to pick Hines Ward here, but he's not in the drop down, leading me to believe one of the timer expired people selected him. (Can we get the draft list updated to show thos picks instead of "timer expired" ??) :wall: :wall: :wall:

He said there was a technical glitch and all is fine. He didn't elaborate. You're clearly baiting him and now this is on the 3rd page at the shark pool. Apparently he's above your baiting.TC didn't do a darn thing to you and he's a very well known nice guy. Fanex has a fine reputation. He said there was a glitch, please accept it as that and don't harp on my friend.Thank youYes I know this is about the time Shick! tells me to relax ;) Just...Maximus, he's a good guy, cut him some slack OK? Thanks
Bri..I'm sure TC and all those guys are "nice guys". That wasn't the point of my post and I know TC or any of the experts over at Fanex "didn't do a darn thing to me" personally or to anyone in here. Scratching my head about that comment as you seem very defensive about some inquiries I've made and some others in here have about what the heck is going on in this current draft. Yeah, it sounds like some tech issues have cropped up but also there has been some quite bizarre selections in my book and was wondering why there isn't any comments about it. Listen, I've respected the Fanex folks for a few years now and I'm just real suprised that there seems to be quite a bit of apathy and lack of preperation from some of the participants....that's all. Just because you are associated with Fanex and you have some buddies over there and because Fanex has had a good reputation with us hobbyists in the past doesn't mean that we here in the shark tank cannot question what is going on. I mean, why is Fanex beyond reproach...eh? Its a public site and y'all over there obviously want your draft perused and commented on. Well, unfortunatly, things aint going to well this time around. Hey, #### happens, I realize that but to just unilaterily say basically "shut up and just accept it" just doesn't fly.....sorry bro.So chill my man and maybe if there was some commentary as in the past about some of the picks that have been made, you possibly wouldn't think I was "harping" on the subject.....ciao-Maxie

this is quite possibly the worst drafting i've ever seen, it's like the person drafting after the previous is trying to out do the stupidness of the pick. :confused: :thumbdown: :yucky: :wall: :rotflmao:

I don't know who runs the show over there, but something is amuck.During the commentary draft TC was a regular contibutor on these boards and we had great discussions. I volunteered my own time to do a guest analysis. When TC asked for additional help, I "stepped up". I'm not patting myself on the back, I'm just saying that I respected what they had provided in the past and wanted to assist them in a small way with their great product.During the first draft we were all appluading the FanEx draft. Now you tell us that we don't have the right to criticize what we feel is not their best work. You've got to take the bad if you're going to accept the good.If it's a technical glitch, then fix it and start the draft over. If it's apathetic owners, then dump them for someone who will put in the effort. You probably have only a couple of hundred sharks here that could handle that.

I agree with Bri that TC is an icon in this hobby who has a well established reputation, but I don't see where anyone is "baiting" him. They have some problems. They will deal with them. Does it look bad? Sure, but I'm not willing to make judgments based on minimal information. Besides, I don't think it would bother him. TC is a class act and would remain cool in the face of adversity anyway.Also, if this is the worst you've seen, you ain't seen much.Personally, I can only call BS on a pick if a guy goes 1.5 rounds before his ADP. I don't see any picks in this draft that meet that definition. No Shipp in the second round here...

What a joke.Bennett selected, and Ladell Betts put one someone's team, apparently because of the expired timer.Good thing this entirely meaningless draft is posted for our viewing displeasure and time wasting.

Users who are viewing this thread