What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanex Expert Draft Underway (1 Viewer)

He said there was a technical glitch and all is fine. He didn't elaborate. You're clearly baiting him and now this is on the 3rd page at the shark pool. Apparently he's above your baiting.TC didn't do a darn thing to you and he's a very well known nice guy. Fanex has a fine reputation. He said there was a glitch, please accept it as that and don't harp on my friend.Thank youYes I know this is about the time Shick! tells me to relax ;) Just...Maximus, he's a good guy, cut him some slack OK? Thanks
Bri..I'm sure TC and all those guys are "nice guys". That wasn't the point of my post and I know TC or any of the experts over at Fanex "didn't do a darn thing to me" personally or to anyone in here. Scratching my head about that comment as you seem very defensive about some inquiries I've made and some others in here have about what the heck is going on in this current draft. Yeah, it sounds like some tech issues have cropped up but also there has been some quite bizarre selections in my book and was wondering why there isn't any comments about it. Listen, I've respected the Fanex folks for a few years now and I'm just real suprised that there seems to be quite a bit of apathy and lack of preperation from some of the participants....that's all. Just because you are associated with Fanex and you have some buddies over there and because Fanex has had a good reputation with us hobbyists in the past doesn't mean that we here in the shark tank cannot question what is going on. I mean, why is Fanex beyond reproach...eh? Its a public site and y'all over there obviously want your draft perused and commented on. Well, unfortunatly, things aint going to well this time around. Hey, #### happens, I realize that but to just unilaterily say basically "shut up and just accept it" just doesn't fly.....sorry bro.So chill my man and maybe if there was some commentary as in the past about some of the picks that have been made, you possibly wouldn't think I was "harping" on the subject.....ciao-Maxie
first off, my writings skills(or lack of) could always use some work.Try to somewhat repeat or explain, Max.It is very much your right to criticize and I'm not saying you shouldn't. I know TC to be one that respects honesty and values opinions. The attitude or tone of this post was quite different IMO from yours in the last post.I don't know you to be a jerk around here at all. TC(as you stated) enjoys to talk about this hobby and the conversations can be interesting. He's got a lot of pride and I may be mistaken but I'd guess you wish to confront Brian Hulett and the "time expired" guys, not TC. Those guys are real prideful too and put alot of effort in. If this draft isn't going smoothly you can be darn sure they're pulling their hair out over there.If you write stuff like this:
To be totally frank and withought "flaming" y'all over there, your draft over there has been very very dissapointing to say the least as it appears to me to be very amaterish
I know TC, Brian, and them won't dignify that with a response. BUT(My point) when you write with a similar tone as you just did, he will. You'll get the answers you want. We'll all find out what the technical glitch was.It could be MFL is installing the upgraded FBG stuff and they got an error there. It could be MFL's drop down menu of selecting players doesn't match their database of players(IE choose faulk get shipp). It could be.....any number of things. Soooooooooo I'm just trying to let ya know he's a very nice guy, you have never stood out to be anything different, I think(like me) you really want to know whom was picked and what happenned but went about it the wrong way. Ask him nicely(still bring up your criticism but..) and I'd bet you learn why I like him so. I just don't see you getting a response from that. That's all.Brian Hulett had the unenviable position of dealing with folks saying that after 9/11 they didn't like the name of the NY team the Jets. It reminded them of it. Ugggh I sooo did not envy that guy one bit. How do you respond to that? Say they're silly or overreacting and you're uncaring and lack compassion. He'd reply to those folks and(as you can imagine) no matter what he said was wrong. He kept going, kept replying, they found out he was near the OK bombings and wasn't too unfamiliar with terrorism and I really really respect how Brian handled that after that initial reply that wasn't accepted well by his readers. He just spoke his mind honestly and sincerely(which IS that of a nice fellow with compassion) and folks saw he wasn't the uncaring SOB, he just was in the roughest spot imaginable.I can keep going and going. I guess I know more so I have more respect for them than you. Some of the guys here(not just you) are beating on some folks I adore and they keep typing garbage that they won't dignify a response to. As I just mentioned, Brian will stand up in the face of adversity. I told ya TC will. This thread's just going all wrong. IMO if you started a new thread and ask in a different tone, you'd see some real class individuals. Hope this makes more sense. TC is a special fellow IMO so I apologize for being a bit defensive.

He said there was a technical glitch and all is fine. He didn't elaborate. You're clearly baiting him and now this is on the 3rd page at the shark pool. Apparently he's above your baiting.TC didn't do a darn thing to you and he's a very well known nice guy. Fanex has a fine reputation. He said there was a glitch, please accept it as that and don't harp on my friend.Thank youYes I know this is about the time Shick! tells me to relax ;) Just...Maximus, he's a good guy, cut him some slack OK? Thanks
I agree with Bri that TC is an icon in this hobby who has a well established reputation, but I don't see where anyone is "baiting" him. They have some problems. They will deal with them. Does it look bad? Sure, but I'm not willing to make judgments based on minimal information. Besides, I don't think it would bother him. TC is a class act and would remain cool in the face of adversity anyway.Also, if this is the worst you've seen, you ain't seen much.Personally, I can only call BS on a pick if a guy goes 1.5 rounds before his ADP. I don't see any picks in this draft that meet that definition. No Shipp in the second round here...
Nah, this isn't THE worst draft I've ever seen Shick far from it but considering the reputation Fanex has in the industry in the past, you must admit "somethings not right in Dodge". No one, at least I haven't read any on this thread, has said anything derogatory about Cannon....nothing whatsoever. Though I don't think of him as an "icon" nor do I consider any so called "expert" an icon, I am fully aware of his reputation in the industry and I have nothing bad to say about him at all. Matter of fact, I give him credit for being basically the only one of the Fanex people other than than the self-annointed Fanex apologist himself Mr. Bri to to come over here to FFG's and even give an attempt at stating what the problems are over there at Fanex.That being said Shick, its only been 4 rounds over at that draft and even the most ardent apologist for the Fanex folks would have to admit that there is a noticable amount of apathy from the so called experts and there has clearly been some extremely questionable picks. With such a small sampe size of players having been picked thus far, its almost shocking the amount of "reaches" thus far compared to their "ADP"(Bennett,Betts,HWard and even EJames) and so withought the benefit of reading the "experts" reasoning as has been the case in the past, alot of us here are a bit vexed to say the least. Heck even Clayton and Dodds have thown their ".02 cents" in about how vexed they are at how things are going. But no flaming really at anyone in particular merely suprise and dissapointment at how poorly things have gone this time around. As Bass suggested, it really would be a good idea to start this puppy over again once the kinks are ironed out and there is a group of "experts" who actually seem as if they want to participate....-MaxiePS: Bri, I just read your reply, listen my man, I have nothing personal against you or anyone....really. Would luv to take you out for a couple of cocktails and some beers and shoot the #### as I'm sure your a great guy. I'm in this for the fun of it. Sure I like to win and gain a little extra cashish for my two girls treasure chests but I'm involved in this hobby of ours for the fun of it and observing "expert" drafts like Fanex is part of the fun. Just because I may have criticized your boy Brian Huelett on his Edge pick doesn't mean I don't like him or anything like that. Heck, I don't even know the dude and I'm sure he and the rest of the Fanex boys are all great and wonderful guys....That's not the point and so I'm really not quite sure what relevance and the point of your reciting Huelett's "9/11" experience was to me. I have absolutaly NOTHING against him and I'm glad he's healthy and OK...All myself and some others in here are commenting upon is how the current Fanex draft is being run and that things over there just aint right....that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem with referring to TC as an icon in this hobby. Let alone what he has done to promote it and his backround in it, his dedication to his Youth Fantasy Leagues is remarkable. He runs multiple leagues for kids to introduce them to this great hobby and he does it for free. My children participate in them and the time and patience he shows is to be respected in my book.

I have no problem with referring to TC as an icon in this hobby. Let alone what he has done to promote it and his backround in it, his dedication to his Youth Fantasy Leagues is remarkable. He runs multiple leagues for kids to introduce them to this great hobby and he does it for free. My children participate in them and the time and patience he shows is to be respected in my book.
Long time no speakie Carl. Listen, as I stated before, I have absolutaly nothing but respect for Cannon. He is one of the first guys I recall actually noticing when I got involved in this hobby of ours around 6 years ago and his knowledge of fantasy football I have come to respect. So no need on your part to pump him up to me as I am fully aware of TC's reputation in the industry. I just don't call any football expert an "icon"...that's all no matter how much respect for him/her that I might have. Now that I think about it, I don't consider anyone an "icon" in any industry....well maybe my Dad I do consider to my "personal icon"..... :D . So, its your perogative,Schicks and I guess Bri's perogative as well to call TC an icon....that's fine. That is not the point of the thread and I have no idea how and why TC's reputation has anything whatsover to do with it. This is all about how dissapointing the current Fanex draft being held has looked to some of us observers for the reasons indicated in previous posts......that's all....nothing to do with Terry Cannon!!.Oh and by the way, on another note Carl, nice analysis on your Packers in the 2003 Fantasy Football Guide rag. Just picked it up and I must admit its very well done and right up there with FF Index in my book. So kudos to you and your cohorts over there.....Anyways, just wanted to mention that to ya.-Maxie

Joe and I quit this league and it all goes to hell...LOL. This is some pretty stellar drafting. :rotflmao:
Wow, this is the first I heard about this...are yall at liberty to tell us why you guys left? Just curious.

Maxi, thanks for the kudos on our magazine. I hope you don't take what I wrote about TC as any type of critisim of you. It wasn't meant that way.

Maxi, thanks for the kudos on our magazine. I hope you don't take what I wrote about TC as any type of critisim of you. It wasn't meant that way.
Not at all Carl and as they say "no blood...no foul". I was merely attempting to set the record straight that my criticism of how the Fanex draft is going has absolutaly nothing whatsoever to do with Terry Cannon and quite frankly I still have no idea why he needed anyone to defend his name.Anyways kudos again on a fine rag you guys have put together....-Maxie

Hiya -I have been offline recently due to a wind strom that has damaged power lines we HOPE to have electricity soon... Anyway, I just read and re-read the topic, and I understand some of the semi-negative messaging. This current FanEx Online draft does seem "different" from our past presentations. First off, a member failed to correctly input his pick-list and left town for much of the weekend - his 2.01 pick expired (Engel-CBSSportsline claimed QB McNabb to replace the skipped pick).Next, another member timed out at 2.04 (McClory's WR Ward PIT was the delayed selection). Then,... a third members errored when sorting his pick list and got 3.05 RB Bennett. (Immediately following the announcement, TheWinningDrive's Hulett realized his error. The commissioner rightly ruled that the choice was not a system error and Bennett remains on Hulett's roster, per the rules.)So what does this mean? It means that there were some errors in selection during the first days of drafting. Mistakes were made by several members - or at least *I* see them as mistakes. FanEx is a showcase league with much public support. We choose not to adjust our presentation to cover your past actions. What happened happened.. At the same time, we also stand behind the quality of the membership. I do not think there is a better, more prepared, group existing. Yet, we do not always DO THE RIGHT THING in the public eye. And, we apologize for that.Back tracking a bit.. I did not view the few anti-FanEx posting as 'personal' attacks to me or any one member. They were sincere (or semi-sincere) comments toward the league's online draft. The commissioner and/or Webmaster can do very little to remedy these complaints. Also, the FanEx Analysis Draft is our time of adding commentary to selections. During our common league drafts, we never have commented much. The Online Conference is drafting now. Our Live Conference will in Vegas (at WCOFF) in September.As for Joe and David leaving FanEx. The Bryant/Dodds team did "retire" from the league a week or so ago. They decided that they prefer not to be members at this time. FanEx greatly enjoyed sharing seasons with them, and there seems to be be no hard feelings between FBG ownership and the league. We will be announcing our newest FanEx member to the public within a few days. There were about a dozen nominations on the first ballot. We are doing our run off voting this week.Oh yes.. Thank you for the kind, kind words toward me personally. Like you, I enjoy our hobby and look forward to the continued interaction with the online FBG members. Whenever I can assist any of you, please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Hiya -I have been offline recently due to a wind strom that has damaged power lines we HOPE to have electricity soon... Anyway, I just read and re-read the topic, and I understand some of the semi-negative messaging. This current FanEx Online draft does seem "different" from our past presentations. First off, a member failed to correctly input his pick-list and left town for much of the weekend - his 2.01 pick expired (Engel-CBSSportsline claimed QB McNabb to replace the skipped pick).Next, another member timed out at 2.04 (McClory's WR Ward PIT was the delayed selection). Then,... a third members errored when sorting his pick list and got 3.05 RB Bennett. (Immediately following the announcement, TheWinningDrive's Hulett realized his error. The commissioner rightly ruled that the choice was not a system error and Bennett remains on Hulett's roster, per the rules.)So what does this mean? It means that there were some errors in selection during the first days of drafting. Mistakes were made by several members - or at least *I* see them as mistakes. FanEx is a showcase league with much public support. We choose not to adjust our presentation to cover your past actions. What happened happened.. At the same time, we also stand behind the quality of the membership. I do not think there is a better, more prepared, group existing. Yet, we do not always DO THE RIGHT THING in the public eye. And, we apologize for that.Back tracking a bit.. I did not view the few anti-FanEx posting as 'personal' attacks to me or any one member. They were sincere (or semi-sincere) comments toward the league's online draft. The commissioner and/or Webmaster can do very little to remedy these complaints. Also, the FanEx Analysis Draft is our time of adding commentary to selections. During our common league drafts, we never have commented much. The Online Conference is drafting now. Our Live Conference will in Vegas (at WCOFF) in September.As for Joe and David leaving FanEx. The Bryant/Dodds team did "retire" from the league a week or so ago. They decided that they prefer not to be members at this time. FanEx greatly enjoyed sharing seasons with them, and there seems to be be no hard feelings between FBG ownership and the league. We will be announcing our newest FanEx member to the public within a few days. There were about a dozen nominations on the first ballot. We are doing our run off voting this week.Oh yes.. Thank you for the kind, kind words toward me personally. Like you, I enjoy our hobby and look forward to the continued interaction with the online FBG members. Whenever I can assist any of you, please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Cool TC.....thanks for taking the time to explain in a bit more detail as to what was going on over there at Fanex. And glad you realize that some of the criticism that was leveled at some of the ownership was deserved and that none of it was EVER personal in nature. Anyways good luck to you and hopefully the rest of the draft can go a bit more smoothly.....ciao-Maxie

At the same time, we also stand behind the quality of the membership. I do not think there is a better, more prepared, group existing.

WRONG.

Like you, I enjoy our hobby and look forward to the continued interaction with the online FBG members.

Users who are viewing this thread