What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy droughts by position (1 Viewer)

TheWinz

Footballguy
Just for fun, was looking at the last time each team had a top 12 at each position...

QB - The last time CLE had a QB1 was 2007, when Derek Anderson finished QB5
RB - The last time DET had a RB1 was 2013, when Reggie Bush finished RB7
WR - The last time BAL had a WR1 was 1997, when Derrick Alexander finished WR12
TE - The last time JAX had a TE1 was 2010, when Marcedes Lewis finished TE4

The Jets have the longest drought at all 4 positions.  They haven't had a top 12 finisher since 2015, but that year they had 3 (Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB11, Chris Ivory at RB10, and Brandon Marshall at WR3).

Was that the year that Derek Anderson was joking on the side like with his o-lineman while the team was getting creamed and he freaked out at the post game conference when asked about it?

Just for fun, was looking at the last time each team had a top 12 at each position...

QB - The last time CLE had a QB1 was 2007, when Derek Anderson finished QB5
RB - The last time DET had a RB1 was 2013, when Reggie Bush finished RB7
WR - The last time BAL had a WR1 was 1997, when Derrick Alexander finished WR12
TE - The last time JAX had a TE1 was 2010, when Marcedes Lewis finished TE4

The Jets have the longest drought at all 4 positions.  They haven't had a top 12 finisher since 2015, but that year they had 3 (Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB11, Chris Ivory at RB10, and Brandon Marshall at WR3).

Anderson was the WW pick-up that won me my league that season.  I will always have a soft spot for him. I had him and Braylon, one of the most random single season QB-WR stacks that dominated. Also, a sign of how the QB position and game has changed. Anderson was QB5 that year but his stats would have only been good enough for a QB14 finish in 2021.

Anderson was the WW pick-up that won me my league that season.  I will always have a soft spot for him. I had him and Braylon, one of the most random single season QB-WR stacks that dominated. Also, a sign of how the QB position and game has changed. Anderson was QB5 that year but his stats would have only been good enough for a QB14 finish in 2021.
Then again, imagine if Derek had his 2007 season (3787 yds with 29 TD's) before Fouts made 4K the norm.  He would be a first ballot HOF'er.

Then again, imagine if Derek had his 2007 season (3787 yds with 29 TD's) before Fouts made 4K the norm.  He would be a first ballot HOF'er.
QB stats are an interesting way to track the progression of the game. Sonny Jurgenson dropped 3700 and 33 in '61. Though he also did it again in '67. 

I am on Anderson’s side here.  That reporter is a grade A jerk.

Anderson was a ##### with his reply but yeah I don't get this notion that just because your football team is losing you have to be mopey and depressed the whole time.  No one is dying here, you can have a bad day at work and still step into the break room for a few minutes and have a laugh to feel better.  That doesn't mean you're not trying.

QB stats are an interesting way to track the progression of the game. Sonny Jurgenson dropped 3700 and 33 in '61. Though he also did it again in '67. 

That's what makes Johnny Unitas so impressive.  He was throwing up relatively modern 3000yd, 32 TD, 14 INT, 8.7ypa seasons 20 years before Terry Bradshaw was considered a future HOFer for putting up 2000yd, 17 TD, 19 INT seasons.

Billy Volek is that guy for me.   Rolled with him for the entire playoffs over my week one starter and won the league that year.   Killed me when he decided to serve as a backup instead of trying out for a starting gig the next season as he would have been on all my teams.

Billy Volek is that guy for me.   Rolled with him for the entire playoffs over my week one starter and won the league that year.   Killed me when he decided to serve as a backup instead of trying out for a starting gig the next season as he would have been on all my teams.
Volek to Drew Bennett was the combo for a a late stretch of 1 fantasy season 

Users who are viewing this thread