What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Homer League (1 Viewer)

gridirongamer

Footballguy
Brand new, unique fantasy football league where being a homer is mandatory!

32 Teams- The same team names and logos as the NFL

Player Pool Doubled- Every player exists twice and can be on two rosters at the same time. One team cannot own both copies of a player.

Team Specific Rosters- Start the year with 4-8 offensive players from your NFL team. You choose which players to keep. In addition, you will also keep your NFL team's defense/special teams.

Balanced Auction- After keepers have been set, a league auction will be held to fill rosters. Auction values are generated using a formula based on NFL team's previous year performance. The worst teams will have more money to spend than the good teams will.

Real NFL Schedule- We will play a 17 week regular season that mimics the real NFL schedule 100%. You play the same opponent as your NFL counterpart each week.

Playoff Challenge- At the completion of our regular season, the top 12 teams (6 from each conference) will win entry into the playoff challenge. Owners will set a lineup using any player playing in the playoffs. Each player can only be used once for the duration of the playoffs. The top teams will advance each week culminating in a head to head match-up between the top two teams the week of the Super Bowl.

$20 Buy in. Separate money pools for regular season and playoffs. Regular season payouts for top seeds, division champs, wild card teams and top scoring teams. Playoff payouts increase for each week that team advances. League finances managed via LeagueSafe.

League Homepage

League Rules

As of right now the Packers, Bears, Cowboys, Falcons, Seahawks, Buccaneers, Steelers and Colts have been taken. If you would like one of the remaining teams, PM me with your name, e-mail address and team preference. Ideally, I would like owners to be real fans of the teams they choose.

I'm tempted to give this league a try but I don't like this really:Player Pool Doubled- Every player exists twice and can be on two rosters at the same time. One team cannot own both copies of a player.Why do you have that in there?

I'm tempted to give this league a try but I don't like this really:Player Pool Doubled- Every player exists twice and can be on two rosters at the same time. One team cannot own both copies of a player.Why do you have that in there?
It is a 32 team league. If the player pool was not doubled, teams would have a hard time fielding lineups. Plus, it would make the whole concept of team specific rosters unfair. What makes this idea work is that the bad teams are able to add some of the same star players that the good teams start out with.

Can you give me an example? Sorry to bother. Just want to make sure I'm following.
Think of the doubled player pool as two 16 team leagues put together. If a 32 team league had one player pool, there would only be one starting QB per team. With the homer league format, it would force teams to play their team specific QB all season, which is unfair to the teams without a good one.The Packers will start out with Aaron Rodgers already on their roster. At the same time there is also another Aaron Rodgers available in the league auction. Bad teams like the Chiefs, Raiders and Jets have close to twice the auction money to spend as good teams like the Packers and Patriots. They can use this money to add a player like Rodgers or another stud QB. This allows the league to have balanced rosters. It would not be fair to force the Jets to play with Sanchez all season. The doubled player pool and various auction values allows the bad teams to fill holes and create a competitive roster.If you are still confused, please read the rule book.

Users who are viewing this thread