What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Trades How many happen in your leagues (1 Viewer)

Richc111

Footballguy
A lot of podcasts talk about trades. I am in 3 leagues and a lot of others over the years. In all of the leagues there are almost no trades in a season. In two of the three leagues I am in only had 1 trade in each. The other league I am in has had 5 but it is a dynansy league and only 2 were in season. So I wonder are there leagues out there that have a lot of trades? Any thoughts

I am in a 12 Team 1 QB PPR league ... my 2nd year into a complete REBUILD... the team I took over was a disaster...

So far, since March when our 2022 season opened, there have been 21 Trades. I have been involved on 10 of them.

I'm in a dynasty league. This year, i season, we've had 3, in this previous offseason, we had 20. But there are numerous smallball deals. For instance, I traded Michael Gallup just before the draft to move up from the 2.11 to the 2.07.

I traded Michael Gallup just before the draft to move up from the 2.11 to the 2.07

That's all he meant to you? :crying:

Who'd you get at the 2.07?

I'm totally curious, not judging.
I know, I know. It was crazy how low I had to go. But he would have been a cut in order for me to be able to use that 2.11. So I got what little I could. I got Garrett Wilson with the 2.07, but we are a 2RB, 2WR, 1FX league, so WR's all go late. Still very good value at 2.07. There's always one or two "top" WR that slip through to late second or early third in this league.

Still very good value at 2.07

Ah, I see about why he would drop there. Those are some tight requirements and skew heavily towards RB. Yeah, Garrett Wilson really has looked good. I'm a Jets fan who has watched almost every game. If they can find him a quarterback, he'll be good. He's always open, it seems.

And with those tight requirements, you're probably not starting Michael Gallup. Like ever. I play in a league where we go 4 or 5 deep at WR, so Gallup means something in that format, but even then, he's just barely hanging on these days.

Redraft. Usually 1-2 a year and I initiate them both. 1 down this year and I think I got 1 more coming.

It's a mix of people over valuing guys on their team and being too afraid a trade won't work out for them.

1.01 - 1.11 in our draft:
Breece Hall
Kenneth Walker
Dameon Pierce
Zamir White
James Cook
Rachaad White
Isiah Pacheco
George Pickens
Tyler Allgeier
Isaiah Spiller
Brian Robinson

Nice. Pickens the only WR to slip in there, huh? Makes sense. Pacheco went in the sixth round of ours (to me). This draft must be during camp when the buzz builds. Or, if not, that's some pretty prescient stuff by the teams taking these guys.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread.

Redraft we don't get many trades in my leagues. It's too subject to teams finding an appropriate partner and then negotiating to make it work.

Dynasty we get trades. Not a ton, but enough. I'm probably the most active trader in one league, about average in another.

1.01 - 1.11 in our draft:
Breece Hall
Kenneth Walker
Dameon Pierce
Zamir White
James Cook
Rachaad White
Isiah Pacheco
George Pickens
Tyler Allgeier
Isaiah Spiller
Brian Robinson

Nice. Pickens the only WR to slip in there, huh? Makes sense. Pacheco went in the sixth round of ours (to me). This draft must be during camp when the buzz builds. Or, if not, that's some pretty prescient stuff by the teams taking these guys.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread.

Redraft we don't get many trades in my leagues. It's too subject to teams finding an appropriate partner and then negotiating to make it work.

Dynasty we get trades. Not a ton, but enough. I'm probably the most active trader in one league, about average in another.
The draft was a few days before the regular season started.

My draft list was fairly similar to that, but London, Williams, and Wilson would've been in there instead of Pickens. And Zamir and Pacheco would've been lower.

64 trades since April in my home dynasty league. Since nFL season started 33.
only 6 of 15 teams own there original 2023 first rounder. 5 teams own 2nd. 4 teams have traded 24 1st. Must pay next years fees to trade 24 picks. 6 owners paid up. One more must pay today or trade reversed.

we have 3 teams that have been Losing Proud for Stroud or is that Young. So lots of trades by them to shed points. Every owner has at least 3 trades this year. The leader has 20 trades on season. Tragic story. We had a young man who loved to trade that committed suicide 3 years ago this month. He was the trade king. No direction, no sense. Just like to trade.The 20 trade guy is his new little lighter equivalent . 2nd highest is 17 trades.

8 of top 30 scorers have been traded.

In my long time home redraft league, we avg 3-4 trades a year. Already at 5 for this season. It's the same 4-5 owners every year, the other 6-7 owners have maybe been involved in 2-3 trades total in the last 12 years.

Lots of trading in Dynasty.

In our 14 team redraft, pretty active. 24 trades so far this year. I have been involved in half of them.

We have a couple long time players who virtually never trade. One guy has done 2 in 21 years. At least he outright declines the offers instead of letting them sit. Stopped even sending offers his way about 5 years ago :shades:

In four redraft leagues. Have seen two, zero, five and one respectively. Just seems impossible to get much done in most of mine unless there is a clear disparity in RB/WR strength between a couple of teams

2 we’re initiated by me

Gave Conner received ETN after WK1
Gave 49ers DT received TE Engram after WK6

Preseason after draft:

1st place team gave Hurts/Sanders
5th place team gave Prescott/Jacobs

I see very few trades in my dynasty leagues, 1-2 a year maybe. One league has smaller rosters so better waiver wire availability. The other with larger rosters seems like owners care more about winning a trade than being fair and owners tends to heavily overvalue players.

30-yr redraft league, same owners throughout, we average 2-3 per year... 2 so far this season (right on schedule). We've had a couple seasons with zero trades and a high of 11 in 2013.

I am an active pursuer of trades. When I have a buffer at one position and gap at another, I am floating trade offers during the MNF game, and I send one to EVERY owner. Think about how many times you have seen a player dropped that you would have traded for, or seen a player traded that you would have given more to get. Sometimes it is just a (bad) mojo thing... I was frustrated with Mixon, so I paraded him around the room 3 weeks ago... flipped him for A.J. Brown. Mojo has improved. :laugh:

If you believe there should be more trade action going on, then you should be the one looking to make moves. Also, if you are seen as someone that likes to wheel and deal, others will not be shy about approaching you.

My 10 team salary cap/auction league has had 4 trades since summer. Trades can be challenging as we have to keep under our cap so high value players are sometimes difficult to trade.

Not many in either of my keeper leagues. Frustratingly few. Everyone wants to play it conservative with what they have.

I do think that part of it is the way we're all working from essentially the same rankings these days. Really have to find a "works for both teams" situation instead of just targetting guys that could be undervalued.

13 in mine since September 1st. Some blockbusters, some for depth/injury insurance.

Trade Deadline at end of next week, so probably another 1 or 2 in store.

16 team dynasty.

2 trades in my dynasty league this year. Both sent out by me. I am starting to think people in my dynasty league dont know where the trade button is at. Havent had an off sent to me in 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread