What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy winners and losers post-draft (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
This will keep going, but to start:

Winners:

S. Bradford

L. Miller

Austin

Hopkins

Arizona RBs

Losers:

Eifert

Gresham

I'd add

Losers:Lacy

Geno
Not so much Geno as he's going to go high in the 2nd, I think (Jax has to be happy here).

Lacy was an interesting fall and if he doesn't go to one of the teams early 2nd (starting 5th pick to Bengals, Cards, or Jet), then he could fall a good bit.

I really like Hopkins but I'm afraid he tops out as a low WR2 in that offense until AJ retires.

Ponder is certainly a winner.

The Cincy TE thing really shocked me. Gresham is no world beater, but he's solid. They either have a plan for Eifert or they thought he was the BPA by such a wide margin that they had to take him.

Arrow down for Lacy. Gotta figure Green Bay, St. Louis, or Denver would've looked him up if they thought he was a first round caliber back.

I'm going to bump Austin up in my rankings. Still worry about the lack of size and what it might mean for his FF potential, but going top 10 is impressive and it's not like he's a bad player. Just a unique package that makes it difficult to project exactly what he'll be.

Not going to move up Hopkins though. I'll stick to my guns on that one. He's a decent player, but not worth a first round pick. More of a possession guy than a future #1 and he'll be Andre's caddy more than his heir apparent. I think Houston could've gotten similar value in the second round.

Also, as much as I have no faith or trust in Geno/Nassib/Glennon, I'm surprised that none of them went in the first.

Ditto for Barkley, who I'm a little higher on. I think part of the issue is that the teams in the late 1st didn't really need a QB. No reason to reach for one and none of those guys warranted a top 15 pick.

David Wilson for the Giants. Hard to imagine the Giants line could do any worse with Pugh in there.

Losers:

Whomever has the 1.01 pick in the rookie draft. Can you spend it on a RB that wasn't a first round talent? The #1 WR doesn't appear to have Jones/Green upside and may not even have Blackmon upside. Can't even go a safe route and pick a QB.

Losers:

Whomever has the 1.01 pick in the rookie draft. Can you spend it on a RB that wasn't a first round talent? The #1 WR doesn't appear to have Jones/Green upside and may not even have Blackmon upside. Can't even go a safe route and pick a QB.
II don't see how you can go any other way than Tavon or Patterson with the 1st two picks in PPR. Lacy *maybe* at 1.03 but I might even take Hopkins over him. Not a great year for high picks.

Jury is still out.

Not crazy about anyone that got picked today. But there's still good players that can end up in good situations tomorrow/Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Losers:

II don't see how you can go any other way than Tavon or Patterson with the 1st two picks in PPR. Lacy *maybe* at 1.03 but I might even take Hopkins over him. Not a great year for high picks.
You likely got the 1.01 for having a pretty crappy team. People with crappy teams need immediate help. Patterson and Hopkins both have guys ahead of them and mediocre to poor QB play. Austin will likely be good in PPR leagues, but for those of us still clinging to the old ways, those 80 catches don't do anything.

Don't feel strong about any other loser aside than Eifert.

Would have been nice to see him go somewhere where he would be guaranteed more balls.

Although I guess nothing says he can't scream past Gresham, and become the #2 target.

Losers:

You likely got the 1.01 for having a pretty crappy team. People with crappy teams need immediate help. Patterson and Hopkins both have guys ahead of them and mediocre to poor QB play. Austin will likely be good in PPR leagues, but for those of us still clinging to the old ways, those 80 catches don't do anything.
me. i pick 3rd and i can't imagine taking any of these guys.

How is Lamar Miller a winner? They can still have pick 54 and 2 3rds to get a RB.

Other winners

EJ - probably a top 15 pick now?

Dalton - how many weapons can you add to an offense, and they might not draft a RB now

Other losers

Sanu/Marvin Jones

Chris Givens - not that he can't still be successful but there's less of a vacuum now

How is Lamar Miller a winner? They can still have pick 54 and 2 3rds to get a RB.

Other winners

EJ - probably a top 15 pick now?

Dalton - how many weapons can you add to an offense, and they might not draft a RB now

Other losers

Sanu/Marvin Jones

Chris Givens - not that he can't still be successful but there's less of a vacuum now
Removing a 2nd round pick from the Dolphins is a "win" for now for Miller. They could take a RB at 54, but I doubt it. Beyond that, I think it's irrelevant as long as someone like Lacy or Bernard doesn't land in Miami.

I also don't see it as a loss for Givens. You knew they were going WR. His value will depend on his development vs. Quick's.

I'd add Losers:LacyGeno
I wouldn't. Not really surprising neither got drafted tonight
Too early to tell with Lacy. All about situation but he could easily go to a bunch of places like GB and be an instant impact guy. Neither guy is guaranteed PT since they aren't 1st rounders but can't call them losers till they get drafted. I think Geno might be in a better position long term. Not as much pressure and presumably, he might get to a better situation.

What are the thoughts on Givens/Quick?
I already got one lowball offer for Givens tonight and turned it down.

I really don't see Austin's arrival as a huge blow to his value. People will look at these two players and think they're too similar to coexist, but the reality is that there isn't a huge overlap between how they play. Austin isn't really a downfield guy. He's more of a short yardage possession/catch and run type of receiver. Givens is the opposite. A deep threat with spotty possession skills. Their strengths and weaknesses complement each other pretty well and I expect them to be a pretty decent tandem.

I was never too high on Quick in the first place, but he could still have a role as the big body/possession guy. Neither of the other two has that component in their game.

I also don't see it as a loss for Givens. You knew they were going WR. His value will depend on his development vs. Quick's.
My only excitement for Givens was based on the SF game where he had what 11 receptions with both DA and BG out.

ETA: Well, and that I liked him as a prospect. But I don't see high production without the PPR upside, and I think that went out the window. He can still be ok.

Not sure how we can call Lacy a loser yet, since he can still land in exactly the same situations as he would have in round 1--any of them, really. Except now all 32 teams are a realistic option. Which is both risky and exciting. He's still the same guy, this was just a really deep draft at more premiere positions.

Not sure how we can call Lacy a loser yet, since he can still land in exactly the same situations as he would have in round 1--any of them, really. Except now all 32 teams are a realistic option. Which is both risky and exciting. He's still the same guy, this was just a really deep draft at more premiere positions.
He takes a hit because 32 passed on him.

? The Ravens?

And he could still end up on any of those 32, and could still end up the #1 RB drafted. This draft was so deep at premier positions, I'm not sure all of the RB's falling out of round 1 is hugely insulting.Even if it is, he's still the same guy and he can still land in any situation.

like MJD, like arian foster, like alfed morris, like terrell davis, etc. a bit over reaction. it's only round 1. some of these guys may go in the first few picks of round 2.

? The Ravens?
Teams... I see... Well they're coming back tomorrow for a second sweep.

First time in a long time no RB's were taken in the first. But if there was a year this was it.

I was confident he would be taken, but he wasn't. If he isn't the first RB taken, I'll be concerned. Until then... meh.

I really like Hopkins but I'm afraid he tops out as a low WR2 in that offense until AJ retires.

Ponder is certainly a winner.
Hopkins was described tonight by one analyst as being "pro-ready" and landing into a situation where he was going to have an opportunity to see a large number of snaps right away from day one on a good offensive team. Almost ideal from a fantasy football perspective.

I agree Dalton, and Chris Johnson should be in the winners category.
I really like Hopkins but I'm afraid he tops out as a low WR2 in that offense until AJ retires. Ponder is certainly a winner.
Hopkins was described tonight by one analyst as being "pro-ready" and landing into a situation where he was going to have an opportunity to see a large number of snaps right away from day one on a good offensive team. Almost ideal from a fantasy football perspective.
:goodposting: It's a great situation IMO. I'm not a huge fan of Hopkins but for WR's I don't think there's much better as far as situation goes besides New England. Only an older WR1 in the way. A solid offense that has an established running game. A QB that can put it out there. I'm still interested where the other WR's end up, but I like it for him.

I think Spiller is a winner... if not immediately, eventually. With Manuel in Buffalo he can take some attention off the running game and open up some lanes for Spiller.

Don't feel strong about any other loser aside than Eifert.

Would have been nice to see him go somewhere where he would be guaranteed more balls.

Although I guess nothing says he can't scream past Gresham, and become the #2 target.
Greshams ongoing inconsistent poor play will be the reason Eifert becomes the #2 target. Gresham has had a few years to improve and he's done little of that.

Reference the Houston playoff game for a snapshot of Gresham's ability. I think the team finally decided they need a more reliable option.

David Wilson for the Giants. Hard to imagine the Giants line could do any worse with Pugh in there.
Yeah, it was really a boon day for a couple of running games. Arizona, Giants, Dallas, Tennessee, owners with these RBs should be a bit happier all things considered (Unless they turn around and draft a new RB).

It was a reach, but you would hope Rivers can return to some 'normalcy' with a bit more protection.

If teams weren't even willing to sneak back into the end of the first for that extra year from Geno, it's looking worrisome. Not saying they're all right on the call, but no confidence at all.

>

I really like Hopkins but I'm afraid he tops out as a low WR2 in that offense until AJ retires. Ponder is certainly a winner.
:goodposting: It's a great situation IMO. I'm not a huge fan of Hopkins but for WR's I don't think there's much better as far as situation goes besides New England. Only an older WR1 in the way. A solid offense that has an established running game. A QB that can put it out there. I'm still interested where the other WR's end up, but I like it for him.
The older WR happens to be a future HOF'er who is only 32 this year. The best season by the Texans #2 receiver was Kevin Walter with 60/899/8. Schaub isn't suddenly going to be a passing machine in this offense. As a guy that's going to go in the top 5 picks I don't think there's enough upside there unless AJ is injured.

>

The older WR happens to be a future HOF'er who is only 32 this year. The best season by the Texans #2 receiver was Kevin Walter with 60/899/8. Schaub isn't suddenly going to be a passing machine in this offense. As a guy that's going to go in the top 5 picks I don't think there's enough upside there unless AJ is injured.
No possible scenario where Hopkins is more talented than Walter?

>

We'll see if Johnson's production continues with another option who isn't just a journeyman on that team. You site stats for a #2 who was a #3 or #4 on many other teams in the NFL.

>

Hopkins is far more talented than Walter, who's just "a guy." I'm not saying Hopkins will be the OROY but he could have landed in a far worse situation.

And, while 32 is not ancient by any means, it also doesn't make AJ a spring chicken either. With Foster/Tate keep defenses honest and O.Daniels at TE it's a nice spot for Hopkins.

>

Hopkins is far more talented than Walter, who's just "a guy." I'm not saying Hopkins will be the OROY but he could have landed in a far worse situation.
:goodposting: I loved that pick for the Texans and Hopkins. Hopkins is a nice upgrade compared to the other WR's the Texans have had outside of Andre Johnson the past few seasons. I honestly think that that may have been the best landing spot for him, but it's way too soon to judge until the draft is over and we get some camp reports and such.

>

The problem is, they've been content with 'a guy' for a while now, 6+ years. They've had the opportunity to upgrade him and it hasn't really crossed their mind... I don't see the breakdown changing that much for a year or two, but I do expect that WR2 spot to have much better efficiency stats.

I've got the feeling he's going to be a frustrating player in the upcoming season in that he shows so much talent sporadically, but AJ demands what he's always gotten.

Falcons and Rams defence. Ogletree and Trufant are both impact players. Ogletree has issues tho..

Whoever runs off tackle for the eagles now. Lane Johnson and Jason Peters! Remember when Shady had 18td's?

Loser

Not many skill positions taken. Has to be gresham so far.

maybe the cards run game as well. sucks that they didn't get one of the top OT's

side note: im really waiting to see what the Patriots do after that trade.

>

The problem is, they've been content with 'a guy' for a while now, 6+ years. They've had the opportunity to upgrade him and it hasn't really crossed their mind... I don't see the breakdown changing that much for a year or two, but I do expect that WR2 spot to have much better efficiency stats.

I've got the feeling he's going to be a frustrating player in the upcoming season in that he shows so much talent sporadically, but AJ demands what he's always gotten.
I agree they've been content with "a guy" for a long time. Now they have someone more than "a guy". You're saying nothing is going to change? I can't agree with that. The situation has changed. I don't think they just go back to the same old feed AJ non stop plan now.

>

He'll also face the usual growing pains that all players have and that can end up being an entire season or two for WR's. But, from a dynasty perspective (which is how I'm looking at it and should have prefaced my previous posts) he's in a good situation.

Users who are viewing this thread