What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

favorite 'techno' song... or (1 Viewer)

amnesiac

beer is good
just listening to 'setting sun', and it hasn't lost anything over the last 10 years.it could be my favorite 'techno' song ever. what are some of your favorites?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rave the Rhythm by Channel X, although that is somewhat influenced by the scene in Basic Instinct in which it is played.And I still like Go by Moby, maybe because it was my very first "favorite" techno song.

And I still like Go by Moby, maybe because it was my very first "favorite" techno song.
what album is that?
Moby - Moby Great great album. Drop a Beat, Next is the E are a couple others I really like.

I'm also very partial to Galaxy Bounce by the Chemical Brothers. And yeah, I admit it...I still dig Dragoste din tei (even after that fat kid got famous dancing to it online). :bag:

my favorite Chems track is Elektrobank.i'm also partial to:Funky #### - ProdigyCherry Twist - Crystal MethodPearls Girl - Underworld

my favorite Chems track is Elektrobank.

i'm also partial to:

Funky #### - Prodigy

Cherry Twist - Crystal Method

Pearls Girl - Underworld
great list. except i'd swap out 'diesel power' or 'smack my ##### up' for 'funky ####'fat of the land is a very underrated album.

oh, and if you like 'pearls girl', there's a single cd with a bunch of remixes on it that's pretty good.

And I still like Go by Moby, maybe because it was my very first "favorite" techno song.
what album is that?
Moby - Moby Great great album. Drop a Beat, Next is the E are a couple others I really like.

I'm also very partial to Galaxy Bounce by the Chemical Brothers. And yeah, I admit it...I still dig Dragoste din tei (even after that fat kid got famous dancing to it online). :bag:
i'll have to look for moby, not sure if i have that one laying around.come with us is a fun album.

what album is that?

i'll have to look for moby, not sure if i have that one laying around.come with us is a fun album.
1. Dig Your Own Hole2. Exit Planet Dust

3. Everthing else.....

Music Sounds Better with you - StardustDaft Punk - TeachersThe Orb - Toxygene ( I love the U.F.Off: The best of the Orb CD...great to play when chilling out or doing CASB)Wildchild - Renegade MasterDelerium - SilencePropellerheards - Spybreak

I had a couple of ChemBros Cd's way bacj when. To be honest, they sounded dated to me after about 6 months.

Favorite Chemical Bros tune is The Sunshine UndergroundNow adays I have been downloading and listening to the Essential Mixes from Radio 1. A lot of good variety and very current.

Rave the Rhythm by Channel X, although that is somewhat influenced by the scene in Basic Instinct in which it is played.

Just checked out Rave the Rhythm tonite. You ever listen to Lords of Acid? Reminds me a lot of them.

Rave the Rhythm by Channel X, although that is somewhat influenced by the scene in Basic Instinct in which it is played.

Just checked out Rave the Rhythm tonite. You ever listen to Lords of Acid? Reminds me a lot of them.
Sit on Acid, by Lords of Acid, is another of my favorites from that time period."Darling come here, and #### me up the rear...."

So, everyone's got their list of old school breaks....what about any new stuff we need to be checkin out?

So, everyone's got their list of old school breaks....what about any new stuff we need to be checkin out?
Check out the song Slam by Pendulum. One of the best breakbeat albums I've heard in years is Wired by DJ Hyper. I got hooked on this album for a really long time. Disk 2 is pretty much out of control.

Not sure how new it is, but I've been digging on Andrea Bertolini - "Crash Test" for a few weeks now. Pretty bouncy little tune.

Check out the song Slam by Pendulum. One of the best breakbeat albums I've heard in years is Wired by DJ Hyper. I got hooked on this album for a really long time. Disk 2 is pretty much out of control.
Slam....good tune. :thumbup: Not a breakbeat guy at all but this one worked for me. Good call....

great suggestions, i'll be checking out a bunch of these.btw, does anyone else laugh when the wendys commercial comes on using that 'satisfaction' tune? (there's a link to the video somewhere on the boards here.)

Just heard this on Sirius Boombox. :thumbup: :thumbup: Another one I heard last night that was :thumbup: is Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz.

Just heard this on Sirius Boombox. :thumbup: :thumbup: Another one I heard last night that was :thumbup: is Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz.
Feel Good Inc is on alt-rock stations right now as well.

A few of my favs are (Artist : Album : Track)Crystal Method : Vegas : Keep Hope AliveMoby : Everything is Wrong : First Cool HiveChicane : Behind the Sun : Don't Give UpDJ Tiesto : In My Memory : Suburban Train

just listening to 'setting sun', and it hasn't lost anything over the last 10 years.

it could be my favorite 'techno' song ever.

what  are some of your favorites?
:eek: Who listens to techno? :nerd:

The best is LORDS OF ACID- "Rough Sex" Most of the songs on their first 2 are pretty good. I also remember having a CD by "Messiah" that was pretty good.

Not my specialty- call if you want some good 80s metal....

My favorite electronic singles:

Seb Fontaine "Passive Agressive"

Lo Fidelity All-Stars "Battleflag"

DJ Dan "Needle Damage"

Lisa Lashes "Bass Keep Pumpin"

Fatboy Slim "Acid 8000"

Seb Fontaine "The Sound"

Crystal Method "Keep Hope Alive"

Christopher Lawrence "Nightstalker"

Chemical Brothers "Out of Control"

Not completely sure if this fits into this catagory, but I was recently introduced to "Thievery Corporation"... has a bit more of a funk/raggae/electronica vibe to it... very nice.

Check out these two tracks to see if you like them...

- Warning Shots

- Lebanese Blonde

Not completely sure if this fits into this catagory, but I was recently introduced to "Thievery Corporation"... has a bit more of a funk/raggae/electronica vibe to it... very nice.

- Warning Shots

- Lebanese Blonde
I have an older cd by them - The Richest Man in Babylon . Good stuff to wind down to, but still covers a lot of ground with a mix of vocalists & styles.

- Warning Shots

- Lebanese Blonde
I have an older cd by them - The Richest Man in Babylon . Good stuff to wind down to, but still covers a lot of ground with a mix of vocalists & styles.
"Covers a lot of ground" describes them pretty well... they (Theivery Corporation) are my favorite "station" that I have programmed on Pandora.

Some good stuff here - although I agree with the many posters who think it's strayed off topic a little - quite a lot of the stuff listed isn't really techno, but there we are...

A great techno album is the first (and only) album by Empirion - Advanced Technology. Great stuff. Really nasty techno. Their remix of the Prodigy's Firestarter was awesome too...

As for the Orbital / Underworld tracks listed - couldn't agree more. My favourites in clude:

Orbital

- Belfast

- Lush 3.1

- Halcyon

- Girl with the Sunin her Head

- Satan (with great sample from the B*tthole Surfer's opening track on Locust Abortion Technician if I remember rightly - "daddy?", "yes, son..." "what does regret mean?")

- Perfect Sunrise (last track from their last, ever, album)

Underworld

- Born Slippy Nuxx

- Cowgirl

- Push Upstairs

- Rez

- King of Snake

The Orb is great. Can't beat their first album (Adventures beyond the Ultraworld...)

Love the Chems... cannot love their stuff enough.

- Hey Boy, Hey Girl

- The Test

- Believe

- Where do I begin

- Life is Sweet

- Music: response

Hybrid (more breakbeat than techno)

If you want old skool - try Fluke. Techno Rose of Blighty or the Peel Sessions, if you can get 'em... Carl Cox - Phoebus Apollo was a classic and many others...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Been listening to a great breakbeat album recently. Soul of Man - Y4K: Breakin' in Tha House

I highly recommend it to all breakbeat fans. Some killer tracks on this album.

I don't know about you guys, but I like more of the trance stuff type. Especially the ones with female vocals. Such as:

4 Strings

Andain - Beautiful Things

Ferry Corsten - It's Time

Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes

:thumbup:

Great thread. Big trance fan here. I have a few that I still listen to frequently. You'll have to remember that I haven't been into the techno scene in over 5 years so these are all older. I'm definitely looking for some good new stuff though.

Dreaming-Ruff Driverz

Veracocha-Carte Blanche

ATB-9pm till i come

Crystal Method-High Roller

DJ Santana(kromozome project)-Take my love

Oakenfold-Freefall

Tiesto-Supernova

Silence-Delerium

The silence remix was already posted once but this was a classic. Great song. Never forget the first time I heard it. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread