What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite "Weird Al Yankovic" Song (1 Viewer)

Weird Al Yankovic

• Bedrock Anthem

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Fat

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Like A Surgeon

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Pac-Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoda

• Amish Paradise

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • I Lost On Jeopardy

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Eat It

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Smells Like Nirvana

• Other

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters
Might have voted for White and Nerdy if it were on the list...still could with other, I suppose. I don't even care for the song Ridin' Dirty, but I think AL just nails it. Went with Amish Paradise.

In high school, to kill time between sets of a Battle of the Bands competition, I dressed with the nerdiest clothes I could find and did a lip sync performance of Polkas on 45 on stage in our auditorium.

I'm not sure everyone got the joke but I had fun.

I think my vote is for One More Minute. I don't know if it gets more Lyrical Genius-y than "I'm stranded all alone at the gas station of love and I have to use the self service pump" :lmao:

How funny... This was going to be my choice for the next round of 31 songs. I will weigh in here instead and pick somebody else for that, as I had already been prepping a bit.

Bedrock Anthem is very good. So is Living With A Hernia. Pretty hilarious when he starts rattling off the different types of hernias. I Can't Watch This is a solid sleeper, if not just for his MC Hammer shtick. Cavity Search dental related U2 parody is another sleeper. My favorite parody is probably I Want A New Duck. The best ones are when he takes a fairly lame song like that and makes it funny, see also Spam

He's got some pretty great originals too including these "in the style of" Talking Heads and Beastie Boys. His most fleshed out original is probably Albuquerque

And then there are the 13 polka medleys

Let's not forget his Christmas classic The Night Santa Went Crazy.

From his beard to his boots he was covered with ammo
Like a big fat drunk disgruntled Yuletide Rambo
And he smiled as he said, with a twinkle in his eye,
"Merry Christmas to all - now you're all gonna die!"

Let's not forget his Christmas classic The Night Santa Went Crazy.

From his beard to his boots he was covered with ammo
Like a big fat drunk disgruntled Yuletide Rambo
And he smiled as he said, with a twinkle in his eye,
"Merry Christmas to all - now you're all gonna die!"
"Christmas At Ground Zero" is equally grim (and good)

It was going to be really hard for me to trim down to 31 - talk about doubly subjective, music and comedy - plus I had no idea what to do with the polkas, which I love but they are more than a little same-y, outside of a couple one-offs like Bohemian Rhapsody

This thread reminded me to go back and look at some of those old videos. :) :lol:
It is impressive how how much attention Al pays to every little detail of the source video and tweaks it just a little bit.

In Eat It, he replaces the gang insignia on the back of the jacket with a :-) and then in the battle the two combatants are not bound together at the wrist with rope but instead are each grabbing the leg of a chicken.

Users who are viewing this thread