What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2013 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

ffrookie

Footballguy
Thought I would start this thread once again on 2013 FBG Championship Drafts.

This thread is to post your teams and to receive feedback if desired.

Enjoy!

I thought I'd do a couple early drafts to see where they might come out and then will probably do another one in a few weeks:

Draft 1 : (1 slot)

QB: Stafford, Bradford

RB: AP, Reggie Bush, Goodson, Bryce Brown, Gillislee

WR: Cobb, Antonio Brown, Shorts, Vincent Brown, Broyles, Patterson, Edelman

TE: Gonzo, Rudolph, Kelce

K: Forbath, Tynes

D: Rams

Draft 2: (11 slot)

RB: Forte, Ball, Stewart, Williams, Stacy, Gillislee

WR: Bryant, Cobb, Cruz, Alexander, Patterson

TE: Vernon Davis, Housler, Dickson, Kelce

K: Brown, Walsh

Anyone have any thoughts? Strategy was a little different based on starting position.

I thought I'd do a couple early drafts to see where they might come out and then will probably do another one in a few weeks:

Anyone have any thoughts? Strategy was a little different based on starting position.
Looks like the value train came to your door the 2nd draft.

7 slot

QB: RG III, Rivers

RB: Forte, Miller, Gore, FJax, Greene, Hunter

WR: Megatron, Nicks, Steve Smith, Mike Williams, D Moore

TE: Bennett, Gresham, Allen, Lewis

D: Steelers

K: Hartley, Hauschka

When you've got the ends of the draft, I think its hard to get great values. Think Draft 1 was solid (I was in it). Brown, Shorts and Rudolph are questions in my mind and I'm not loving the depth at RB.

Draft 2, I like what you did with Carolina RB situation. If Alexander, Housler or Ball work out, it could be quite a hot club.

What do you see in Gillislee?

7 slot

QB: RG III, Rivers

RB: Forte, Miller, Gore, FJax, Greene, Hunter

WR: Megatron, Nicks, Steve Smith, Mike Williams, D Moore

TE: Bennett, Gresham, Allen, Lewis

D: Steelers

K: Hartley, Hauschka
Nice draft

In regards to Gillislee, I think he does a lot of things well and I think at worst he will end up as COP to Lamar Miller and I wouldn't be shocked to see him be the primary ball carrier in the second half of the year. Of course, we will find out a lot more in the next few weeks in training camp and preseason action.

Nice draft Dez. Well done. I experimented in mine by taking a TE earlier but I think by waiting you get a much stronger RB/WR core.

This is my team from todays early draft.I drafted from the 10 spot.Their draft analyzer ranked me 5th.Thats not going to cut the mustard.Brady went 1.1 that was a shocker.

Rodgers,Flacco

Rice,Forte,Lacy,Woodhead,Bush

Decker,Smith,S.Johnson,M.Willams,Hartline,M.Floyd

M.Bennett,H.Miller,Chandler

Bailey,Tucker

Giants,Falcons.

Hopefully I will at least compete.I will probably draft one more team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't pay any attention to the draft analyzer if I were you. The key in any of these leagues is to be active on the wires and pick up those great early sleepers like Morris last year and Cruz the year prior

Not bad.

I like Draft 2 more. I personally would have grabbed J.Bell as a cuff to Bush.

from 9

QB- Newton, Rivers

RB- Spiller, Miller, Hillman, Pead, DRobinson, Jennings

WR- Marshall, Cruz, Shorts, MAustin, Hopkins, Wheaton

TE- Pitta, Pettigrew, Lewis

D- Bears

K- Dawson

overall i'm satisfied, but my rb depth is bad.

from 9

QB- Newton, Rivers

D- Bears

K- Dawson

*** Not bad at all. One thing Ive learned is that its virtually impossible to get any good RB depth in these drafts as the RBs go fast in the first three rounds. If Pead or Hillman hit you will be in good shape. On the WR front, I think Shorts is one of the most undervalued WR's out there especially with Blackmon suspended 4 games and also recovering from a hernia injury.

from 9

QB- Newton, Rivers

D- Bears

K- Dawson

I think I was in your draft.What did you think of Dream Teams draft?Interesting to say the least.

from 9

QB- Newton, Rivers

D- Bears

K- Dawson

I think I was in your draft.What did you think of Dream Teams draft?Interesting to say the least.
What did Dream Team do?
drafted Brady with the 1.1 took 3 Ds and drafted 2 rbs that are still fa.A little different but I guess it could work.

from 9

QB- Newton, Rivers

D- Bears

K- Dawson

The draft analyzer has you rated 4th overall and 3rd for your starters .I'd say that was a pretty good job.Hopefully we will play each other twice this year.

FF, I think in both your drafts you've got 10 plausible starters, which is always the first criteria I use when judging teams. (You get there with nice WRs and TEs.) However, you don't seem to emphasize RBs the way I think you should. Yes, in Draft 1 you've got two nice starters, but will probably have a problem with an injury or on bye weeks. With Draft 2 you've only got 1 legitimate starter. I understand drafting from the 11th slot is tough but there are still nice RBs I'm sure you could have had with your 2nd or 3rd pick. This team looks like you're 100% dependent on Forte so his bye, or a 3 or 4 week injury to him may be fatal for your team. It's a classic example of a high upside, yet very low floor, team. Thanks for sharing, and compliments are due for taking on high risks like that.

gchuva, very nice team. Those mid-round draft slots are the best place to be. Am suprised Forte was available to you that late in the 2nd, which is a steal and gives you a couple very nice RBs, complimenting the 1st roud pick of Johnson. My only criticism would be with your QBs - not for picking RGIII, but for not picking up Cousins with your 20th pick. RG is an injury waiting to happen and Cousins gives you nice protection.

Rusty, not a bad team. Thought it would have been ranked higher than 5th. If I had to summarize, it looks like a high floor, but not extremely high ceiling team. Solid, but conservative, and with a lot of depth. The analyzer must have been critical of your WRs, but at least you've got four solid ones. Am thinking it will finish higher than 5th, maybe 3rd or so, because you've got a lot of injury protection other teams probably don't have. If you do another draft you may want to consider taking a bunch of risks to balance against this cautious team.

Pump, nice job. I agree with your comments about your RB depth, or lack thereof. It could be a winning team if Pead or Hillman turns into a legitimate starter. There's a much greater chance of that happening with Pead, but if it doesn't you'll need to shore that position up via the waiver wire and pray your two starters stay healthy. Perhaps your depth is lacking because you only drafted 19 guys? :tebow:

From the 11 hole,comments and critics welcome

QB- T.Romo,Eli Manning

RB- M.Forte,D.Sproles,S.Ridley,T.Gerhart,K.Hunter,L.James

WR-V.Jackson,S.Smith,M.Floyd,S.Rice,B.Hartline,G.Tate

TE- J.Witten,T.Gonzalez,M.Bennett

PK- B.Walsh

D/ST- Bears,Rams

From the 8 hole

Qb- RG3, Cutler

Rb- McCoy, Wilson, DeAngelo, Pierre, Forsett, J. Randle

Wr- Marshall, V-Jax, A. Brown, M. Austin, K Wright, J. Morgan, K. Allen

Te- Cook, Keller, Casey

K- Bullock

D/ST- Pats

Definitely not the safest of teams. Thin at RB. Overall not too happy with this team,but wanted to gamble on some high risk/reward guys. Next 1 I'll probably draft another Rb high and wait even longer at Qb.

QB- T.Romo,Eli Manning

PK- B.Walsh

D/ST- Bears,Rams
This is a near perfect team from the 11 hole and clearly refutes those who think the 11th slot is a detriment. Of course when you optimize somewhere (in this case RBs...) you de-optimize somewhere (in this case WRs....). But at least you've got a couple possibilities (Rice and Hartline) of guys that might be decent values and used as bye-week fill ins. If S Smith is the weakest link of your starters you're in good shape. Congrats. I'd be interested in knowing what rounds you got these guys in. Am assuming the RBs went in the first three but it gets a little confusing after that. Looks like some strong talent dropped pretty far.

From the 8 hole

Qb- RG3, Cutler

Rb- McCoy, Wilson, DeAngelo, Pierre, Forsett, J. Randle

Wr- Marshall, V-Jax, A. Brown, M. Austin, K Wright, J. Morgan, K. Allen

Te- Cook, Keller, Casey

K- Bullock

D/ST- Pats

Definitely not the safest of teams. Thin at RB. Overall not too happy with this team,but wanted to gamble on some high risk/reward guys. Next 1 I'll probably draft another Rb high and wait even longer at Qb.
Saying this is a high risk team is an understatement. Yes, RGIII is risky, but you did the right thing in backing him up with a top flight #2. (It also might have made sense to pick Cousins up with your 20th pick.) I'd classify this team as a "PPR" risk. Cook will give you a dominant performance every three weeks or so and will be impossible to predict what week that will be. He's a big play guy who won't get a ton of targets. Same with Wilson. You'll probably get some explosive performances and some real duds mixed in. Marshall and Brown will get a lot of targets but V Jax has never been a high reception guy. So you're dependent on TDs, big plays, and some level of consistently from an inconsistent bunch. Not the kind of team I'd draft, but you acknowledged yourself what it is - a team that can finish anywhere between 1 - 12.

QB- T.Romo,Eli Manning

PK- B.Walsh

D/ST- Bears,Rams
This is a near perfect team from the 11 hole and clearly refutes those who think the 11th slot is a detriment. Of course when you optimize somewhere (in this case RBs...) you de-optimize somewhere (in this case WRs....). But at least you've got a couple possibilities (Rice and Hartline) of guys that might be decent values and used as bye-week fill ins. If S Smith is the weakest link of your starters you're in good shape. Congrats. I'd be interested in knowing what rounds you got these guys in. Am assuming the RBs went in the first three but it gets a little confusing after that. Looks like some strong talent dropped pretty far.
first 10 in order were:

Forte,Sproles,Ridley,Jackson,Witten,Gonzo,Smith,Romo,Eli,Floyd.

Rusty, not a bad team. Thought it would have been ranked higher than 5th. If I had to summarize, it looks like a high floor, but not extremely high ceiling team. Solid, but conservative, and with a lot of depth. The analyzer must have been critical of your WRs, but at least you've got four solid ones. Am thinking it will finish higher than 5th, maybe 3rd or so, because you've got a lot of injury protection other teams probably don't have. If you do another draft you may want to consider taking a bunch of risks to balance against this cautious team.
Thanks for the critique Jersey hopefully your right I'd be happy with a 3rd place finish as long as I make the playoffs.Sometimes 3rd isn't good enough thought.On my next team I am going to try to think a little more outside the box.

Out of 8 spot:

RG3(rd6), Eli, EJ Manuel

Ray Rice(rd1), Gore(rd4), Montee Ball(rd5), BGE(rd10), FJax, Daniel Thomas

DemThomas(rd2), RoddyW(rd3), Cecil Shorts(rd7), DeAndre Hopkins, Santonio, BLloyd

Owen Daniels(rd8), AGates(rd9), JTamme

Hartley

Texans D

Feeling pretty good about the squad, which in July usually means that I will have at least half a dozen pieces of dead wood on my roster by Sept 1. Any thoughts?

Out of 8 spot:

RG3(rd6), Eli, EJ Manuel

DemThomas(rd2), RoddyW(rd3), Cecil Shorts(rd7), DeAndre Hopkins, Santonio, BLloyd

Hartley

Texans D

Feeling pretty good about the squad, which in July usually means that I will have at least half a dozen pieces of dead wood on my roster by Sept 1. Any thoughts?
I'm thinking Holmes and Lloyd may already be dead wood. I would have taken someone else, a rookie (Allen or Woods, etc...) or Avery, etc... instead of Holmes until we know if he'll be on the PUP to start the season. Perhaps the strength of this team will come down to whether Ball becomes a solid #1 RB for Denver or merely part of a permanent committee. The other challenge you may have is deciding who to start between Hopkins and Shorts on a week to week basis. I'm assuming you'll need to start one of them as your 2nd flex, while starting both TEs. Lastly, hope that Henne starts for Jax. If he does, Shorts should be fine. If it's Gabbert, good luck.

Out of 8 spot:

RG3(rd6), Eli, EJ Manuel

Hartley

Texans D

Nice job.

Dez said:
Brady went 1.1 that was a shocker.
Why couldn't I have been in that league!
i never understand why people like this play. Its a complete idiotic move and already skews teams in that league to have a leg up. In the years i have been in this i have never had any bad drafters in my leagues. Can you tell i'm bitter, lol.

from 9

QB- Newton, Rivers

D- Bears

K- Dawson

What did Dream Team do?
drafted Brady with the 1.1 took 3 Ds and drafted 2 rbs that are still fa.A little different but I guess it could work.
and look at more of the fantastic moves he made, 3 defs are you kidding me! Gurantee a team in this league is near top at end of year.

from 9

QB- Newton, Rivers

D- Bears

K- Dawson

What did Dream Team do?
and look at more of the fantastic moves he made, 3 defs are you kidding me! Gurantee a team in this league is near top at end of year.
There are at least 4 if not 5 more very questionable picks involving players who are not even with a team yet or who may not even start this year due to injury.Needless to say in this league your odds of winning 1500 bucks are 1in 11 instead of 1 in 12

Out of the 6 hole my 2nd FPC

Qb- Luck, Freeman

Rb- S-Jax, Bell, Bradshaw, Woodhead, Franklin, Joique Bell, Daniel Thomas

Wr- Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Vincent Brown, Greg Little, AJ Jenkins

Te- Gronkowski, Pitta

D/ST- Patriots, Steelers

K- Bullock

I like this team better than my last. I think it should be quite competitive if Gronk doesn't miss 6+ weeks and I stay healthy.

Qb- Luck, Freeman

Te- Gronkowski, Pitta

D/ST- Patriots, Steelers

K- Bullock

I like this team better than my last. I think it should be quite competitive if Gronk doesn't miss 6+ weeks and I stay healthy.
It could be competitive.. The risk area/deficiency is with your 2nd RB. Rookies are often overvalued, so if Bell doesn't perform at a high level that could cause some problems. Like all teams, when you chose to optimize some positions (WR w/ Johnson, TEs, etc...) you're forced to de-optimize others. In this case you still ended up with a decent QB but have a risk going into the season with Bell. His performance will be the key for this team.

Thanks for the response Jersey and obviously I agree with you. I had the chance to take Sproles instead of Gronk at 3.6 and struggled on who to choose as they both have been going in the mid 2nd in all the FPC's I've seen. I figured I had a better chance winning the individual league taking Sproles but a better chance of going deep overall taking Gronk and hoping to get lucky at Rb2.

Thanks for the response Jersey and obviously I agree with you. I had the chance to take Sproles instead of Gronk at 3.6 and struggled on who to choose as they both have been going in the mid 2nd in all the FPC's I've seen. I figured I had a better chance winning the individual league taking Sproles but a better chance of going deep overall taking Gronk and hoping to get lucky at Rb2.
That's crazy both fell so late. I almost took Sproles with the 14th pick overall.

Haley's Nuts, on 23 Jul 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Qb- Luck, Freeman

Te- Gronkowski, Pitta

D/ST- Patriots, Steelers

K- Bullock

It could be competitive.. The risk area/deficiency is with your 2nd RB. Rookies are often overvalued, so if Bell doesn't perform at a high level that could cause some problems. Like all teams, when you chose to optimize some positions (WR w/ Johnson, TEs, etc...) you're forced to de-optimize others. In this case you still ended up with a decent QB but have a risk going into the season with Bell. His performance will be the key for this team.

----------------------------------------

I personally really like this team. I figure out of Bell, Bradshaw and Franklin he should be able to have a solid RB2 and the WR and TE core are solid. QB's are probably slightly below average but with the rest of the team it should we easy to mask.

That's crazy both fell so late. I almost took Sproles with the 14th pick overall.
I know I've seen him go at 13 multiple times.

QB- T.Romo,Eli Manning

PK- B.Walsh

D/ST- Bears,Rams
We both drafted from the 11 spot and have very similar teams.

QB: Luck, Romo

RB: Lynch, Forte, Ivory, M. Bush, Forsett, Hunter

WR: Harvin, Cruz, S. Smith, L. Moore, J. Gordon, M. Sanu

TE: F. Davis, H. Miller, Eifert, Ertz

DEF: Bears

QB- T.Romo,Eli Manning

PK- B.Walsh

D/ST- Bears,Rams

TheF'er, this is additional proof there's nothing to worry about drafting from the 11th slot. If anything, as i look at these teams, it could be a nice advantage if you know what you're doing. I see many complain about getting the scraps at the end of the first round but the first two picks should always be better than the first two picks of those picking early on. So you got Harvin and Cruz 3rd and 4th, and Ivory 5th?

QB- T.Romo,Eli Manning

PK- B.Walsh

D/ST- Bears,Rams

TheF'er, this is additional proof there's nothing to worry about drafting from the 11th slot. If anything, as i look at these teams, it could be a nice advantage if you know what you're doing. I see many complain about getting the scraps at the end of the first round but the first two picks should always be better than the first two picks of those picking early on. So you got Harvin and Cruz 3rd and 4th, and Ivory 5th?
I think I did well with the spot I was given, but it was certainly not ideal. There were some spots I liked better. For instance, the dude in the #1 spot grabbed Adrian Peterson, then Reggie Bush and Darren Sproles, then Danny Amendola. Then picked between Wayne, Jordy, and Nicks for his WR2. That's rediculous value.

I may have swapped Cruz and Harvin around in 3 and 4, I don't remember. But yeah, I got Ivory in the 5th.

Finished up a really tough draft and ended up with the following:

QB: RGIII, Russell Wilson

RB: Charles, Sproles, Leveon Bell, Goodson, Forsett, Joique Bell, Ryan Williams

WR: Fitz, Steve Johnson, Shorts, Vincent Brown, Jenkins, Thompkins

TE: Gonzo, Myers, Walker (wish I had the Walker pick back)

K: Zuerlein

D: Giants

Tried a different strategy for this draft. The 2 QBs are going to be a headache to pick on a weekly basis. I see it as a boom or bust team with a pretty high ceiling.

Tried a different strategy for this draft. The 2 QBs are going to be a headache to pick on a weekly basis. I see it as a boom or bust team with a pretty high ceiling.
Nice team. Good depth - 3 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs. That's all you can ask for. Many would like to have the problem of having a lot of quality options so they don't know who to start. Many have a tough time fielding 10 decent starters. You have 12.

Nice solid team,potential starters are all solid,nice options to choose from for flex plays,choosing a QB starter each week will be the biggest problem but with those 2 that's not a bad issue to deal with. What draft slot did you draft from?

Users who are viewing this thread