What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG doesn't seem tuned in (Gronkowski) (1 Viewer)

Keith Lewis

Footballguy
From yesterday's email -

New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (forearm, back) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 17.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

We still don't believe we'll see him this weekend and as has been said, we really don't have any idea when he might come back. Fantasy owners are just hoping he's back by the playoffs at this point.

A day later the FBG view/advice is some of the worst analysis in fantasy football. I know some of you protect FBG like they are your children but this is awful analysis and no other outlets made the same mistake. To pay for this information on such an important player is disgusting. If (and I don't) I owned Gronk and traded him after this analysis I would demand my money back and seek legal counsel.

FBG whiffed in epic fashion.

PS - I'm sure the sheep will react in predictable fashion and attack the messenger and protect their heroes by pointing out everyone makes mistakes. This is a huge fail.

From yesterday's email -

New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (forearm, back) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 17.

We still don't believe we'll see him this weekend and as has been said, we really don't have any idea when he might come back. Fantasy owners are just hoping he's back by the playoffs at this point.

A day later the FBG view/advice is some of the worst analysis in fantasy football. I know some of you protect FBG like they are your children but this is awful analysis and no other outlets made the same mistake. To pay for this information on such an important player is disgusting. If (and I don't) I owned Gronk and traded him after this analysis I would demand my money back and seek legal counsel.

PS - I'm sure the sheep will react in predictable fashion and attack the messenger and protect their heroes by pointing out everyone makes mistakes. This is a huge fail.
Please prove this.

That wasn't analysis, it was opinion. They made no claims of having any additional information.

From yesterday's email -

Think about what YOU typed for a moment, first.

"To pay for this information," followed very shortly by "and I don't."

If you got this information, and you aren't a subscriber, then it's not information anyone paid for. Therefore, what money should subscribers demand back, and what legal recourse do you think you'd have?

For those who do subscribe, I'd be willing to bet that Gronkowski's projections/rankings for this week are higher than they were yesterday. Therefore, the information that they PAID FOR will reflect the most up-to-date news.

I might agree with you if I read something differently elsewhere. But everything I read on him said the same, that he is not expected to play this weekend and that no one has a clue when he will be back. The top Pats beat writers, ESPN. CBS. Rotoworld all had similar takes? Do you have any outlets that said he was expected to play this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
If (and I don't) I owned Gronk and traded him after this analysis I would demand my money back and seek legal counsel.
Does the US have a fantasy court I haven't heard about?

In asking that question, is drafting a stud Prosecutor in rnd 1 a wise move, or should you upside down on Defense, and then stockpile high upside Prosecutors?

If you drop a player because of reading someone's view...ANYONE'S view...about a player, then you suck as a FF owner.

Now, if you are paying for information, and it was presented as...<<<<FootballGuys Confirmed Information From Three Separately Validated Sources>>>>...that's a different story.

If you don't like the services, I doubt anyone has a gun to your head making you subscribe, dude.

Why is it that you spend so much time posting here at all, with the disdain you have for the products, and analysis they offer? I try extremely hard to stay out of the s**t slinging that goes on around here, but you are becoming tiresome. You cannot post anything without adding some jab about FBG's terrible analysis, the poor product they provide, or some other random shot. Why don't you move on then? There must be some site out there providing a product you are satisfied with, go post on their boards.

Blind sheep are those who follow opinions and views to the extent that their FF team is now Gronk-less.

Just put in a waiver claim and hope the rest of the league didn't see your mistake.

It's not about being blind sheep or attacking the messenger, it's really very simple. With the information they had yesterday, they offered an opinion. Today, circumstances changed. So then today, they sent out an email with the news and offered another opinion. Why you see this as a massive failure is beyond me, because this is what they do - and so does everyone else. They work with the information they have on any given day.

If they had sent out an email today saying that Gronk was definitely out or shouldn't be expected this week, that would be a failure. But they didn't do that. Because that's not what today's information tells them.

Why is it that you spend so much time posting here at all, with the disdain you have for the products, and analysis they offer? I try extremely hard to stay out of the s**t slinging that goes on around here, but you are becoming tiresome. You cannot post anything without adding some jab about FBG's terrible analysis, the poor product they provide, or some other random shot. Why don't you move on then? There must be some site out there providing a product you are satisfied with, go post on their boards.
He does this for the same reason every other ignorant and arrogant person in the world does things.

It's the same reason bullies in school become a thing. Most of them have ####ty real lives outside of school, or in this case FBG SP. That acting like an ### makes them feel better about themselves and less insignificant.

If (and I don't) I owned Gronk and traded him after this analysis I would demand my money back and seek legal counsel.
As you have already clearly been robbed of your hard-earned money in paying for another person's opinion, I won't charge you for my legal counsel.

My counsel - Get a different hobby.

That said, I would appreciate remuneration for your unnecessarily wasting all of our time, which, coincidentally, will just cover next year's subscription. Thanks in advance for timely payment.

From yesterday's email -

:lmao:

What a nerd.

it says "footballbuys view" not "footballguys fact". take it with a grain of salt as if they were being sarcastic or something and having fun.

As of yesterday nobody expected to see him this weekend.

As of yesterday, nobody had any idea when he might actually be back.

Fantasy owners WERE (and still are lol) hoping to have him for the fantasy playoffs.

In short, please ####, OP

Keith Lewis said:
"Fantasy owners are now just hoping to have him back in time for the fantasy playoffs"

Epic fail

Keep attacking the messenger though, it was so predictable, I'd expect nothing less from blind sheep.
1) You all are idiots and blind sheep.

2) If you attack me for calling you all idiots and blind sheep, you're being blind sheep.

Did I get your logic correct?

that's why you don't pay for FBG, stopped that years ago, I just go on forums and look up my info through other ways... FBG info is alot of times not correct.. I remember about 3 years ago they said that a wr for the vikes wasn't gonna play and then he was out there and scored a td... they had him INACTIVE... it was a bum of a wr but still it was important in making a decision and lost cuz of it..... Agreed OP

I remember about 3 years ago they said that a wr for the vikes wasn't gonna play and then he was out there and scored a td... they had him INACTIVE... it was a bum of a wr but still it was important in making a decision and lost cuz of it..... Agreed OP
Why are you rostering bum WR's?

I don't understand what the OP problem is. The OP quoted this ..... "Fantasy owners are now just hoping to have him back in time for the fantasy playoffs"

Now you tell me how that is anything other than fact. All fantasy players up to this point in time have been hoping that they can get him back in time for fantasy playoffs. LmFaO.

Now, if FBG had said this ..... "Fantasy owners "should" only hope to have him back in time for fantasy playoffs, "and you should try to deal him away"...... then i could understand the outrage.

BS

Keith Lewis said:
"Fantasy owners are now just hoping to have him back in time for the fantasy playoffs"

Epic fail

Keep attacking the messenger though, it was so predictable, I'd expect nothing less from blind sheep.
I must be one of the stupid blind sheep. Can someone explain the "Epic Fail" to me? I though those who drafted Gronk were hoping he would be healthy for their playoffs. I know if I owned him, I would want him starting during my league playoffs.

Man I forgot to put this guy on ignore. Guess I will do it now
Please tell me how to do this
Seconded.
How to ignore a poster:

On the top right hand corner of your screen you should see your username with a downward facing arrow. Click your name and a few options should appear, one of which is "Manage Ignore Prefs", click it. Once the page loads, type any users name into the box and you should eventually get a popup to select the user you're looking for... select what you want to ignore from them; posts, messages or signatures. Then hit save.

You're all welcome.

Note: You'll still see the threads he creates but his messages will all be hidden and each post will give you the option to click to show his post anyway.

how do you ignore someone on this board now?
Go to the top right and click on your log in name/handle, little drop down menu shows, "Manage Ignore" something like that is on the menu, click on it. I have a Hall of Fame going for ignored members here including folks I don't even see anymore like Bristol(remember him?), Chachi, Maroney=#### or whatever and other notables and a couple new ones this year.

Funny thing is sometimes I think maybe this person has changed so I un-ignore 1 post...nope was right the first time. It sounds like a pain but it's actually very easy and after the first 5 or 6 real turd monsters on your list suddenly are silent, this place will pick up for you.

BTW Keith, as much as you hate FBG, their success has afforded the luxury for you to post freely in here, a privilege that many seem to think should be taken away from you.

If you are getting these emails, you must be a paid member. Maybe you should exercise your option in the market and find a new vendor for your FF needs, why you would stay only weakens your stance here.

Seconded.
How to ignore a poster:

On the top right hand corner of your screen you should see your username with a downward facing arrow. Click your name and a few options should appear, one of which is "Manage Ignore Prefs", click it. Once the page loads, type any users name into the box and you should eventually get a popup to select the user you're looking for... select what you want to ignore from them; posts, messages or signatures. Then hit save.

You're all welcome.

Note: You'll still see the threads he creates but his messages will all be hidden and each post will give you the option to click to show his post anyway.
Damn, that WAS easy. Gracias.

Users who are viewing this thread