What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBGs Top 3 songs: Tupac/2pac (closed) (1 Viewer)

comfortably numb

Footballguy
Because rap and hip hop can have many artists collaborate on different songs, the same song will be used by 2 or 3 different artists potentially. That is OK. Were not curing cancer here.

Very simple... list your top 3 songs in order with #1 being your favorite.

I'll tally up the numbers awarding 3pts for your 1st place vote and 1pt for your 3rd place.

Feel free to discuss and make funnof each other's top 3. Ill let this run til I'm bored and feel like tallying up the scores.

1. I get around

2. Keep ya head up

3. To live and die in LA

FINAL RESULTS

Code:
Hit em up	        22
I get around	    18
California Love	    13

Can't C me	9
How do you want it	9
Life goes on	8
Dear mama	7
Changes	7
Only god can judge	6
Keep ya head up	5
To live and die in LA	4
So many tears	4
Str8 ballin	4
Letter to the president	3
Hail mary	3
Starin thru my rearview	3
I ain't mad at cha	3
How long will they mourn me	3
When we ride	2
Life of an outlaw	2
Troublesome 96	2
Brenda's got a baby	2
Me against the world	2
Shorty wanna be a thug	2
Pain	2
Me and my girlfriend	1
Death around the corner	1
My block	1
Krazy	1
Cradle to the grave	1

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man. So many. 

Life Goes On 

Dear Mama 

Me Against the World 

shout out out to Hail Mary, changes, unconditional love, I ain’t mad at ya, picture me rolling and about 25 others. God why did he have to die young. 

Hard to beat this verse by him imo 

With all this extra stressin'
The question I wonder is after death, after my last breath
When will I finally get to rest? Through this suppression
They punish the people that's askin' questions
And those that possess, steal from the ones without possessions
The message I stress: to make it stop study your lessons
Don't settle for less - even the genius ask questions
Be grateful for blessings
Don't ever change, keep your essence

Of all the hip hop artists to pick, Tupac is probably my least favorite. He's such an immediate turn-off to me I can't name three songs. Shame this wasn't Tribe or something. 

1.  I Get Around (yeah it’s low stakes but so were Digital Underground and they were awesome)

2.  California Love (probably considered a Dr Dre song but no way it’s still played 25 years later without Tupac)

3.  Hit Em Up (yeah that feud escalated quickly but it’s still one of the best diss tracks of all time)

Keep Ya Head Up

Brenda's Got a Baby - put him on the map!

Death Around the Corner

he has quite a few. i don't put him in the "ZOMG HE'S THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME" conversation but he did have some good tracks along the way.

Hit 'em Up

Can't C Me

My Block

Also, a big fan of 5 Deadly Venomz. Not sure if it counts as a solely Tupac song, but I also love Runnin'. Ghetto Gospel is another solid track

Way too freaking difficult...

1. Starin' Thru My Rearview

(Honestly I think my favorite song of all time of any artist. Just has a creeping, ominous feel to it, really gives off a Long Beach vibe)

2. Changes

3. To Live & Die in LA

Shouts/RIP to Johnny J, probably one of the most underrated, forgotten about hip hop producers ever. Him & Pac were gold.

1. Only God Can Judge Me Now

2. Hit Em Up

3 can't c me

His best verse to me is FROM California Love tho. 

Best rapper ever...

1.  Shed So Many Tears - Surprised this isn't on more lists such a great song.

2.  To Live and Die in LA

3. Me Against the World

California love is the only one I could name and I love that song. Will look at the final standings and check those songs out to see if I need to delve deeper in to his library. 

The songs I've listened to the most:

How Do You Want It

Changes

I Get Around (I was a big Digital Underground fan)

But also Dear Mama, Keep Ya Head Up, Picture Me Rollin', 2 of Americaz Most Wanted, I Ain't Mad At Cha....so many.

Been a fun last few hours listening to the library....feel like I need to go buy some Alize.....

Side note - I have friends who went to high school with him here in Marin County.  Described him as a "drama nerd", a far cry from Thug Life.

The songs I've listened to the most:

How Do You Want It

Changes

I Get Around (I was a big Digital Underground fan)

But also Dear Mama, Keep Ya Head Up, Picture Me Rollin', 2 of Americaz Most Wanted, I Ain't Mad At Cha....so many.

Been a fun last few hours listening to the library....feel like I need to go buy some Alize.....

Side note - I have friends who went to high school with him here in Marin County.  Described him as a "drama nerd", a far cry from Thug Life.
He studied acting and ballet at the Baltimore School for the Arts. 

2Pac wasn't really about that thug life in his earlier work.  Then Suge bailed him out and he elected to go the Death Row route.  That's when he started to lose me.  Not a huge Pac fan.  Solid catalog however.  Probably in my Top 50.  Up there with Busta Rhymes. 

John Bender said:
1. Only God Can Judge Me Now

2. Hit Em Up

3 can't c me

His best verse to me is FROM California Love tho. 
You know what...I'm not going to discount it because it was so commercial, so I'm revising. California Love is an anthem for the ages. The story I heard about it, is that Death Row bailed him out of jail in New York and that day (or the next day) he flew to California to record the song.

1. California Love

2. Only God Can Judge Me Now

3. Hit Em Up

I know it's bad form to criticize others musical taste, but I never liked California Love...just so damn commercial.

Not a Pac fan but I loved that Thug Life album, so:

-How long will they mourn me?

-Str8 Ballin

-Cradle 2 the Grave

I know it's bad form to criticize others musical taste, but I never liked California Love...just so damn commercial.
When that sucker used to come on in the club, even into the mid 2000s, the place would go crazy.   Especially in Rosarito Mexico spring break.

Late to the topic, but here are mine:

California Love
Ambitionz Az a Ridah
All Eyez On Me

The fact that neither or the last two apparently got a single vote in this thread before my post kind of invalidates the FFA on this topic...

Users who are viewing this thread