What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Female football players? (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
I love women, have had girlfriends since kindergarden.  And three older sisters. I also respect females, they are so much smarter than we are and the reason we have the mess we do in this country is because we have men as our leaders.  Think if dad had ran your home instead of mom.

BUT.......

Other than kicking,  females have no business playing a real position on a male football team. 

Those older sisters of mine were all athletes, and there was a time they could beat me in everything, that lasted until I was around 13.

Sure, there are women who can beat men in some things just not men also into those things. A pro female arm wrestler could destroy a regular guy, but up against a male pro, she stands no chance.

Why will it take some girl to get seriously hurt trying to play with the guys in football before this silliness is stopped?

That was inspired from hearing about a girl who will be playing on a male college team, she's no kicker.  Thinking of watching my girlfriend/wife out there vs 300 pound men.....that would suck.  And if I had a girlfriend/wife who could handle a 300 pounder, whoa~~~~~~~

This is simply crazy

"The NFL is the dream," Harris said in an espnW Q&A. "I'm going to be working toward that until the death of me. Whether I go drafted or undrafted, I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep my faith and God is going to take me there."

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/living/story/toni-harris-1st-female-kicker-sign-letter-intent-61367016

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm huge into track & field,  so........

Olympic caliber women sprinters can run a 10.7ish 100m, that wouldn't make the HS boys Cali State finals.  Which is usually won in 10.3ish.  There are no big/fast women like a Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, if she can run she'll be smallish.

I agree here. Women shouldn't be playing anything but K/P (and even then there are risks. Ton of running into the kicker penalties. Although if enough women get hurt I bet the NFL  would do away with the kicking game or like make it where defenses can't try to block a kick.) So many portray it as sexist or something but its just that men and women are physically different. 

Also, read a thing a few days ago about how a boy forfeited his wrestling match in the Colorado state tournament rather than face a girl. Do you think a male athlete might try to go easy and not tackle as hard or what not? 

Toni Harris isn’t going to play in the NFL. Nobody from Central Methodist University has ever played in the NFL. It’s an NAIA school. She can dream all she wants, but 5’7, 164-pound safeties aren’t in high demand.

Absolutely nothing wrong though with a female playing for a small college, and there’s no reason a few of them couldn’t be good enough. You don’t have to be Herschel Walker or Bo Jackson to play at that level.

As for the “she might get hurt!” argument, who cares? Football isn’t safe for anyone, male or female. There’s a handful of football-related deaths every year. Guys get paralyzed, suffer brain damage, break bones, tear ligaments. Why is it any worse if it’s a woman? She can choose whether to assume that risk for herself just like anyone else.

Oh, she's a safety. Will she even be able to tackle? 

Said she had 3 tackles her senior year. She either didn't play much or...

This woman will certainly not be playing in the NFL. However, if there was an athletic woman that was as fast and strong as most of the players in the NFL and was physically built (like 6', 200+lbs of muscle) then more power to her. If she could consistently go toe to toe with the men, then she'd probably get drafted by a team that thought she was useful enough to help the team.

Also, read a thing a few days ago about how a boy forfeited his wrestling match in the Colorado state tournament rather than face a girl. Do you think a male athlete might try to go easy and not tackle as hard or what not? 
Going back a couple of decades, before we had girls high school hockey here in MN, a few girls tried playing on the boys teams.  I'm not sure if it was the first, or one of the first, got into a game.  She was relentlessly checked every time she touched the ice.  The good ol boys were making it clear she wasn't welcome on their ice.

Now, I never played hockey so I don't want to make any judgements on the "typical" hockey player.  I would say that football players do not appear to consistently be the most inclusive people in the world, so I don't think she would get treated softly.

Going back a couple of decades, before we had girls high school hockey here in MN, a few girls tried playing on the boys teams.  I'm not sure if it was the first, or one of the first, got into a game.  She was relentlessly checked every time she touched the ice.  The good ol boys were making it clear she wasn't welcome on their ice.

Now, I never played hockey so I don't want to make any judgements on the "typical" hockey player.  I would say that football players do not appear to consistently be the most inclusive people in the world, so I don't think she would get treated softly.
That was a quarter century ago.  Everyone is soft now.

I mean, saying women have no business being on a football team because they are women is about as textbook sexist statement as you can get.  I’ll agree in general that men are built more physically suited for football than women.  But if they think they can hang and want to prove it, why would you not let them?  Skill and talent will prevail, no matter what’s hiding in their grundies

So there should be a rule barring a group of people from doing something that another groups of people is allowed to do?

I've seen women on my bus that look like they'd be decent offensive lineman.  They may already be nicknamed "Porkchop" or "Refrigerator" (Maybe not to their face).

I mean, saying women have no business being on a football team because they are women is about as textbook sexist as you can get.  I’ll agree in general that men are built more physically suited for football than women.  But if they think they can hang and want to prove it, why would you not let them?  Skill and talent will prevail, no matter what’s hiding in their grundies
No. @ZenoRazon loves women. He's dated them and has female relatives so he can't be sexist.

And no Zeno, I don't think you're sexist but that doesn't mean you didn't say something that's kinda sexist.

Played rugby in college.  Some other schools who didn't have enough girls for a full squad would let women play on their men's "B squad" against our all male B squad.  They received an interesting mix of reactions, anywhere from guys who wanted to lay them out just because it was the girl on the other team, to guys who wouldn't want to tackle them at all.  Those girls, typically, were beasts.

You do know that there have been many men who have been seriously injured playing football, even dying, right?  Why is it ok for men to continue to play but not ok for women?  That’s the least thought-out argument there is and blatantly sexist. If you’re fine with men playing a game that dangerous, you should be fine with women doing it.

Do you really think we need more rules & regulations to deal with this issue?  Many in here have pointed out that it seems like a self administering situation.
Seriously.  I didn't bother to read the OP's link, but heard about this elsewhere.  Even at this level, do we expect this girl to actually get playing time?  Perhaps she'll get throttled in practice, but I doubt this girl sees the field, unless they put her in to make this even more news-worthy.

I agree here. Women shouldn't be playing anything but K/P (and even then there are risks. Ton of running into the kicker penalties. Although if enough women get hurt I bet the NFL  would do away with the kicking game or like make it where defenses can't try to block a kick.) So many portray it as sexist or something but its just that men and women are physically different. 
When does it simply become...women can't play football vs the men....period. no different than boxing.

Toni Harris isn’t going to play in the NFL. Nobody from Central Methodist University has ever played in the NFL. It’s an NAIA school. She can dream all she wants, but 5’7, 164-pound safeties aren’t in high demand.

Absolutely nothing wrong though with a female playing for a small college, and there’s no reason a few of them couldn’t be good enough. You don’t have to be Herschel Walker or Bo Jackson to play at that level.

As for the “she might get hurt!” argument, who cares? Football isn’t safe for anyone, male or female. There’s a handful of football-related deaths every year. Guys get paralyzed, suffer brain damage, break bones, tear ligaments. Why is it any worse if it’s a woman? She can choose whether to assume that risk for herself just like anyone else.
Everybody should care if this girl gets hurt, especially any girls thinking they can play.

This woman will certainly not be playing in the NFL. However, if there was an athletic woman that was as fast and strong as most of the players in the NFL and was physically built (like 6', 200+lbs of muscle) then more power to her. If she could consistently go toe to toe with the men, then she'd probably get drafted by a team that thought she was useful enough to help the team.
That just don't make um.

I mean, saying women have no business being on a football team because they are women is about as textbook sexist statement as you can get.  I’ll agree in general that men are built more physically suited for football than women.  But if they think they can hang and want to prove it, why would you not let them?  Skill and talent will prevail, no matter what’s hiding in their grundies
Do I know that women can;t play football vs men?  Yes I do, if that is a sexist statement, I don't care.  That is simply reality.

There has never been any woman ever who could play major college football much less pro football. They lack that size with speed combo.

You do know that there have been many men who have been seriously injured playing football, even dying, right?  Why is it ok for men to continue to play but not ok for women?  That’s the least thought-out argument there is and blatantly sexist. If you’re fine with men playing a game that dangerous, you should be fine with women doing it.
So it's ok for a man to play basketball vs women, right?  Men to run vs women in track? A male shot putter vs women?  How about boxing?

Mike Tyson could kill a woman with one punch, you do know this, right?

So your daughter wants to play basketball, but this boy wants to play on the girls team, he beats your daughter out. No big deal, right?

I don't think most here are are aware of just how many NFLers came from NAIA schools. try over 100.

When does common sense come into play with any of this?  How many men reading this came from a family where mom could kick dads butt? 

What man has ever.....here honey open this?

Marita Koch the great German 80's sprinter (dirty as it gets) STILL holds the WR in the 400m for women, she ran a 47.6ish. The HS boys record....44.6ish.

So tired of the silly BS, women are not men and just how obvious does it need to be?

There you sit at the bar with your girl. this punk is causing trouble, now is he or she going to deal wih this?  Common sense, just that simple.

When does it simply become...women can't play football vs the men....period. no different than boxing.
IMM, there's a difference between kicking a ball and a woman tackling or being tackled. If a woman has the leg strength let her kick the damn ball. 

IMM, there's a difference between kicking a ball and a woman tackling or being tackled. If a woman has the leg strength let her kick the damn ball. 
How many times in a football season at all levels will a kicker/punter be ran in to?  It happens all the time, do we really need to see a girl get ran into.....no we don't.

She kicks off/punts.....the return guy breaks free, now it's just her and him. He knows he can run right over this girl so he does.  There she lays..........

How about this......

Coach......you are a female, this is a male team.  Just that easy.

You are a man, those are the Dallas Cheerleaders....ok guy?

A 6-9 250 pound male forward playing on a girls basketball team......of course not.

I'm not trying to get cute with this, honest.  But there are times in a month....................

A man asks her to dance then he leads she follows, been going on forever, why doesn't she lead?  It's Mr and Mrs Joe Smith. 

I'm sorry I ever posted in this ####### thread. I should probably put this zeno clown on ignore as well.

I'm sorry I ever posted in this ####### thread. I should probably put this zeno clown on ignore as well.
You might be cool with having your sister, girlfriend/wife crushed out on a football field, I'm not.

I get women are physically inferior, it's pretty obvious.

Why don't we slow down on this clown BS, ok? 

Users who are viewing this thread