What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FF Stashes For The Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy
I'm looking at weeks 15-17 specifically.  Who are you looking at on the waiver wire that can help you in the post season?  This could be any position including defenses. 

Dolphins get the Jets week 15.   Planning to put in a strong bid.

For the price of free / a roster spot, I think there's a chance that Baltimore turns Ty'son Williams loose....  gives him a shot to show if his pass protection has improved to a point that he can get back in the rotation.   And yeah, this is a deeper dive.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Just clinched a bye in one league so eyeballing weeks 16 and 17.

Defenses -- PHI, SEA, and LAC all look pretty good and are widely available (although PHI may now be gone).

R. Burkhead a waiver name this week and HOU actually has a halfway decent schedule weeks 14-17. Laughable, but who knows. Burkhead could emerge as a decent flex option if HOU has had it with D. Johnson. 18 carries is nothing to sneeze at.

Will Fuller sitting in most pools right now.

The problem with Seattle defense in general is, despite amazing matchups, they're terrible. They gave up 400+ yards at home to Arizona, without Murray, Hopkins or Edmunds. They are double minus ungood.

The Chargers D definitely has some talent but not enough.  They have a little big play ability with Bosa & James but they constantly give up big yardage & scoring numbers and I don't think it is something they can scheme their way out of.  They need help at DT & LB desperately.

• Smile
Reactions: J R
The problem with Seattle defense in general is, despite amazing matchups, they're terrible. They gave up 400+ yards at home to Arizona, without Murray, Hopkins or Edmunds. They are double minus ungood.

The Chargers D definitely has some talent but not enough.  They have a little big play ability with Bosa & James but they constantly give up big yardage & scoring numbers and I don't think it is something they can scheme their way out of.  They need help at DT & LB desperately.
OK so which defenses are you stashing for the playoffs then?

I have:

Dallas- 15 Giants, 16 Washington

Trying to decide who to pair with them.  Rams, Panthers, Eagles are all options

I was looking at Devante Parker. I don't think he'll be back this week but possibly by week 14,15. He had some decent volume games this year including 11 targets for 85 yards before getting hurt. 

Long shot with upside but that's what we're looking for here. 

Sorry for going off topic, but am I the only commish that changed the playoffs to week 16 and 17 since there is an additional week of games now? Wondering if this was a mistake?

I don't disagree. Grasping at straws a bit no doubt.

Only thing about the LAC D is that they'll have something to play for most likely while HOU may be completely throwing in the towel by week 16. 

Think that's half the battle right now...trying to figure out which teams will be fighting for a playoff spot vs. hanging it up vs. building momentum towards next year so still giving it a go.

I was looking at Devante Parker. I don't think he'll be back this week but possibly by week 14,15. He had some decent volume games this year including 11 targets for 85 yards before getting hurt. 

I like this one.  Likely sitting low on waivers. 

Sorry for going off topic, but am I the only commish that changed the playoffs to week 16 and 17 since there is an additional week of games now? Wondering if this was a mistake?
Ours changed to 15  16  and 17  so no youre not the only one.  It only makes sense as its doubtful teams will be resting players with 2 weeks left in the season. 

Looking at him as well.  Same as my stance with Ridley...though, Parker will be back pretty much for sure whereas Ridley is a question mark.  SOmeone to replace Carson as my IR spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so which defenses are you stashing for the playoffs then?
I was streaming defenses all season and I made a move last week to trade for Tennessee. Then someone dropped the Rams because of the bye.

The logic was that I was getting four games vs the Jags, Dolphins & Texans.  Which reminds of the joke: How do you make God laugh? Make a plan.

I may make a move for the Bears before Thursday.

Bumping this a week later. 

New thoughts include:

RB

* A. Abdullah 

* R. Penny

WR

* MVS

* C. Samuel

* J. Reynolds

TE

* C. Kmet

D

* LAC

* SEA

* CHI

I stashed Devante parker. hes practicing this week. Not sure if he will be activated and they have a bye next week but his playoff schedule is amazing.

I stashed Devante parker. hes practicing this week. Not sure if he will be activated and they have a bye next week but his playoff schedule is amazing.
Same. Not expecting anything but it was the only thing out there worth stashing. Grabbed him 3 weeks ago because that's how our league is. Everything else is long gone. 

Problem with stashing fantasy DSTs is that, as of now, there aren't any smash plays. All of the Ds with great matchups (Seattle, LAC) are not necessarily the most reliable options. Of course, this being 2021, just wait a couple weeks and I'm sure we'll all be rushing to start whoever's playing TB after Brady gets devoured by an alligator and they're trotting out Gabbert.

Yes, we all know about the injury risk.

Considering the matchups and how far Collins appears to have fallen, Penny has to be considered strongly. I am considering dropping Breida for him, I don't see any back emerging from Buffalo. Of one goes down Moss slides back in and it's status quo.

If a RB pops in Seattle, any RB, Carroll will absolutely feed that back.

Considering the matchups and how far Collins appears to have fallen, Penny has to be considered strongly. I am considering dropping Breida for him, I don't see any back emerging from Buffalo. Of one goes down Moss slides back in and it's status quo.

Thinking about Penny strongly as well.

The Carroll love is there. The schedule is there. And everyone else seems to be falling by the wayside (and I'd expect AP to do the same).

Thinking about Penny strongly as well.

The Carroll love is there. The schedule is there. And everyone else seems to be falling by the wayside (and I'd expect AP to do the same).
Unfortunately, I believe Carroll loves him some Peterson also

I’m contemplating the same thing - dropping Breida for Penny. Problem is that we won’t know which one will emerge and with the late game on Sunday, we won’t even know who is active until after the 1PM games.

Breida is capped by the other guys and Allen, but at least he’ll get some points. Penny’s floor is a goose egg if the others are involved.

I’m contemplating the same thing - dropping Breida for Penny. Problem is that we won’t know which one will emerge and with the late game on Sunday, we won’t even know who is active until after the 1PM games.

Breida is capped by the other guys and Allen, but at least he’ll get some points. Penny’s floor is a goose egg if the others are involved.
I don't own Breida, and wouldn't acquire Penny, because I want to play them this week.

If you don't have starters & flex covered then Breida definitely makes more sense to own now. But if you're covered now then Penny is more interesting to me.

And it isn't like like Breida doesn't have an injury history as long as my arm too.

Wonder if the stars could be aligning for C. Samuel and WASH offense in general.

Samuel is getting healthy, could be getting backfield touches with McKissic dinged. Gibson also looked great (and healthy).

And the D seems to have turned things around. 

Could be one of those teams down the stretch that ends really strong...and this guy could be a part of it if he's utilized correctly.

Just don't feel c Samuel this year.   I know he's "getting healthy" but wash is pretty much eliminated and there's no reason to risk further injury to him for a lost season, especially knowing that he isn't playing with the QB of the future.

Wonder if the stars could be aligning for C. Samuel and WASH offense in general.

Samuel is getting healthy, could be getting backfield touches with McKissic dinged. Gibson also looked great (and healthy).

Could be one of those teams down the stretch that ends really strong...and this guy could be a part of it if he's utilized correctly.

Went on massive buying spree on Samuel a few weeks ago mainly because I just can't find upside at WR in most leagues right now. Some minor issues like rust and getting familiar with his QB but the bigger issue to me is how long is it going to take to ramp up his snap count because 20'ish snaps is not going to cut it. But I for sure think he's an interesting flier and in my mainly 20 man roster leagues  the WR market has been as barren the last few weeks as I can recall-at least for anything with some kind of upside.

“I’m excited to see if he helps out and give us a little something,”

“So I’m looking forward to seeing how he does and see where he can fit in. He’s an incredible competitor and a great guy, so I’m anxious to give him a chance to get on the field with our boys.”

Sounds like Pete taking about any PS player. Maybe being a little more respectful due to Peterson's advanced age.

Just don't feel c Samuel this year.   I know he's "getting healthy" but wash is pretty much eliminated and there's no reason to risk further injury to him for a lost season, especially knowing that he isn't playing with the QB of the future.

They are currently a playoff team.

I think Logan Thomas is the riser on this team. Seems to be back to health and is the #2 passing option.

“So I’m looking forward to seeing how he does and see where he can fit in. He’s an incredible competitor and a great guy, so I’m anxious to give him a chance to get on the field with our boys.”

Sounds like Pete taking about any PS player. Maybe being a little more respectful due to Peterson's advanced age.
ok

Eliminated? Aren't they the current #7 seed?

I won't jump on the WAS is currently the 7th seed boat.  I do wonder though, Samuel is, well, Curtis Samuel.  He will be entering his 6th season, and his best was 77/851/3.  Is he really a WR of the future waiting to play for Washington's QB of the future?  If Samuel can play, I see no reason for WAS to keep him sidelined.  Frankly, he isn't good enough to keep in bubble wrap.

Why do you think this?  I thought Henderson had a shot to play this week. I know he might not but what makes you think he is going to be out 4+ weeks?
Didn’t post the original suggestion, but I’m guessing this is just a bet against Hendo staying healthy for the rest of the season. Guy is due for an injury.

Why do you think this?  I thought Henderson had a shot to play this week. I know he might not but what makes you think he is going to be out 4+ weeks?

No one will buy what I'm selling but that's ok, I"ll explain anyway.

I've heard a few a lot of talk past few weeks that major issue with the Rams is they lost their identity on offense. That they got overly finesse. McVay's offense has traditionally had ton of motion and pre-snap movement, lots of bells and whistles, but at it's core it's a physical downhill running attack heavy on play action. Prevailing thought by some is they adjusted their offense more to fit around Stafford and it looked great early but not as well as of late. Michel, and this just IMO, is a more physical runner then Henderson and for a few weeks I've thought it was possible we saw them go more in Michel's direction on idea he was a better fit if they wanted to get back to their roots and become a more physical offense. Now I have no leg to stand on with usage, it's clearly been Henderson's backfield so far and he's not played poorly and he's obviously a more explosive athlete then Michel. So I understand why this may seem like a stretch and frankly my thought they might turn to using Michel more was starting to peter out when they did not go that direction after their bye week.

But then I saw this and I posted it in the Henderson thread earlier :https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1466862700978323462

So here we have a Rams beat writer taking a comment from McVay maybe other info she is not sharing but her conclusion was that Michel was going to take on the lead back role this week and her phrasing was "especially in light of " Henderson's injury, which is a little bit of distinction from "because of".

Maybe she's wrong and me along with her but when you read McVay's comment she posted in that tweet it's fit exactly whyt I've been wondering about them using Michel more which is primarily he's a more physical downhill runner.

So what do I think? That Michel has a legit shot to take on the lead role this week even if Henderson is active  and if it goes well with not just his performance but how it impacts the entire offense he has a shot to maintain that role.

Now let's say I'm stupid wrong. Ok. Not sure what league roster size and FA pool you or everyone is playing in but worst case is Michel is direct and unquestioned handcuff to a RB whose had a lot of minor injuries crop up so that has a lot of value. McVay referenced CJ Anderson in that tweet and that's exactly who I've been thinking about when I consider Michel's chances of succeeding for fantasy purposes, someone with a lot more upside then we saw for most of his NE career or what he's shown in terms of being an explosive dynamic type runner. As we know McVay basically dusted the mothballs of Anderson and turned him into a league winner and I think he could do with the same with Michel.

I just think that's all worth a shot if you can get him cheap.

menobrown said:

I've heard a few a lot of talk past few weeks that major issue with the Rams is they lost their identity on offense. That they got overly finesse. McVay's offense has traditionally had ton of motion and pre-snap movement, lots of bells and whistles, but at it's core it's a physical downhill running attack heavy on play action. Prevailing thought by some is they adjusted their offense more to fit around Stafford and it looked great early but not as well as of late. Michel, and this just IMO, is a more physical runner then Henderson and for a few weeks I've thought it was possible we saw them go more in Michel's direction on idea he was a better fit if they wanted to get back to their roots and become a more physical offense. Now I have no leg to stand on with usage, it's clearly been Henderson's backfield so far and he's not played poorly and he's obviously a more explosive athlete then Michel. So I understand why this may seem like a stretch and frankly my thought they might turn to using Michel more was starting to peter out when they did not go that direction after their bye week.

But then I saw this and I posted it in the Henderson thread earlier :https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1466862700978323462

So here we have a Rams beat writer taking a comment from McVay maybe other info she is not sharing but her conclusion was that Michel was going to take on the lead back role this week and her phrasing was "especially in light of " Henderson's injury, which is a little bit of distinction from "because of".

Maybe she's wrong and me along with her but when you read McVay's comment she posted in that tweet it's fit exactly whyt I've been wondering about them using Michel more which is primarily he's a more physical downhill runner.

So what do I think? That Michel has a legit shot to take on the lead role this week even if Henderson is active  and if it goes well with not just his performance but how it impacts the entire offense he has a shot to maintain that role.

Now let's say I'm stupid wrong. Ok. Not sure what league roster size and FA pool you or everyone is playing in but worst case is Michel is direct and unquestioned handcuff to a RB whose had a lot of minor injuries crop up so that has a lot of value. McVay referenced CJ Anderson in that tweet and that's exactly who I've been thinking about when I consider Michel's chances of succeeding for fantasy purposes, someone with a lot more upside then we saw for most of his NE career or what he's shown in terms of being an explosive dynamic type runner. As we know McVay basically dusted the mothballs of Anderson and turned him into a league winner and I think he could do with the same with Michel.

Excellent stuff here. Who knows how this is going to turn out, but it seems that Henderson has never really been “the guy”’ for McVay. It was Akers’ backfield last year and most assuredly would have been again this year again had he not gotten hurt. Then the Rams actually traded for Michel, but I guess Henderson was playing well enough to bury Michel in the backup role. Maybe things have changed and Michel does provide more of the power McVay wants - who knows. In any case, the next week or so will be telling. Could run the gamut from either guy being the lead dog to a full-fledged RBBC (which was the case last year before Akers took over).

menobrown said:

Great write up. I already grabbed Michel to backup Henderson this week but this makes me think I should hold on to him rest of season. 

Chaka said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1467153302345461760

how about now?

Users who are viewing this thread