What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Fantasy Hockey 2013-2014 sign up thread (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
Sign up if interested. Been running this for awhile now. I assume most people know the drill, but I'll fill in the details and provide a yahoo link in a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign up if interested. Been running this for awhile now. I assume most people know the drill, but I'll fill in the details and provide a yahoo link in a bit.

No cheaters (Chet) allowed.
Thinking back on what transpired leads me to conclude the only one who cheated was Aaron. All I did was develop a strategy which conformed to his rules. He didn't like my strategy so he changed the rules midway through the year which heavily penalized my team.

Aaron abused his power as commissioner in a way I have never seen in my almost 20 years as both a participant and commissioner. I would never participate in any league where Aaron has any power--he's not trustworthy.

Been running this league for almost a decade now. I have many friends on these boards and I post under my own name so I'm not hiding anything.

Sorry if I did a bad job as commish and falsely accused you. Like I said, I'm moving on.

Been running this league for almost a decade now. I have many friends on these boards and I post under my own name so I'm not hiding anything.

Sorry if I did a bad job as commish and falsely accused you. Like I said, I'm moving on.
You brought it up. Not me.

Clearly you haven't moved on. Only when I started to defend myself did you wave the white flag.

Clearly you haven't moved on. Only when I started to defend myself did you wave the white flag.
the cheating comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously. was tongue in cheek.

I was playing along with the comments in the other thread:

FatUncleJerryBuss said:
Rude got a lot of CRAP last year from chet's bs, I would like him to run it again but if not I will as a last resort.

IN................Hopefully for a RUDE run league!

:rudemuchlove:
there was a loophole that I missed and you and your co-owner had a viable strategy to take advantage of it that played out very well. I tried to come up with a compromise that I thought was fair to you and the rest of the league, but I didn't like being put in that position and hope to avoid that if at all possible in the future. I got very stressed out at the time, and didn't make any decisions lightly.

just hoping to keep this league as fun and low-stress as possible. not looking for any more drama.

the cheating comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously. was tongue in cheek.I was playing along with the comments in the other thread:

FatUncleJerryBuss said:
Rude got a lot of CRAP last year from chet's bs, I would like him to run it again but if not I will as a last resort.

IN................Hopefully for a RUDE run league!

:rudemuchlove:
there was a loophole that I missed and you and your co-owner had a viable strategy to take advantage of it that played out very well. I tried to come up with a compromise that I thought was fair to you and the rest of the league, but I didn't like being put in that position and hope to avoid that if at all possible in the future. I got very stressed out at the time, and didn't make any decisions lightly.

just hoping to keep this league as fun and low-stress as possible. not looking for any more drama.
Tongue in cheek? Bull####.

If you're not looking for drama, don't lie and accuse me of cheating especially when I followed the rules. I didn't complain when you abused your power last year because I didn't want to rock the boat any more than I had even though I followed your instructions and rules. I meekly accepted your decision and moved on. You then write on a public message board that I cheated.

Don't ever ask me for my hockey tickets again. I will burn them before ever giving them to you again.

I want in.

What is the league fee?
let's go $25/person this year.

50% to 1st place, 30% to 2nd place, 20% to 3rd place.

I added a stat category (GWG) to shift things slightly towards skaters and away from goalies. Also, for goalie ratio stats to count, you must have a minimum of 40 goalie starts by the end of the season. There's no setting to adjust that in yahoo so I will manually adjust all goalie ratio stats to 0 if the minimum is not met.

new owners, I need you to send me your email address and then I will send you an invite from yahoo.

Live Draft is scheduled for Monday night (9/30) at 8:00pm Central time with a 1:15 timer per pick.

I want in.

What is the league fee?

I added a stat category (GWG) to shift things slightly towards skaters and away from goalies. Also, for goalie ratio stats to count, you must have a minimum of 40 goalie starts by the end of the season. There's no setting to adjust that in yahoo so I will manually adjust all goalie ratio stats to 0 if the minimum is not met.
I would prefer splitting PPP into PPG and PPA or just adding shorthanded goals or points instead of GWG if we go that route. game winners are too random IMO.

I don't really care either way though, I'll do whatever everyone else wants.

GWG is harder to predict but it still favors goal scorers while PPP seems to favor guys that pile up assists. I also think GWG is similar to Shutouts since one or two can have a big impact in the standings.

I'm open to suggestions or discussing it more though. Could even be talked into adding hits and/or dropping PIM.

Aaron,

Put me in an probable. I can confirm later tonight if that works for you.

For us slower Canadians, what time is 8 central in the east? lol

I want in.

What is the league fee?

I would prefer splitting PPP into PPG and PPA or just adding shorthanded goals or points instead of GWG if we go that route. game winners are too random IMO.

I don't really care either way though, I'll do whatever everyone else wants.
I never cared for GWG, but I have no clue of the scoring/setup in this league either.....

Curious if there is a reason why you use yahoo over espn for a host site? I havnt used yahoo for about 5 years now (switched my league to espn just because the layout seemed better back then), I don't care, just curious if there was a reason.

GWG is harder to predict but it still favors goal scorers while PPP seems to favor guys that pile up assists. I also think GWG is similar to Shutouts since one or two can have a big impact in the standings.

I'm open to suggestions or discussing it more though. Could even be talked into adding hits and/or dropping PIM.
could you give me the scoring catagories? I love the hit and PIM catagories myself...

Curious if there is a reason why you use yahoo over espn for a host site? I havnt used yahoo for about 5 years now (switched my league to espn just because the layout seemed better back then), I don't care, just curious if there was a reason.
always used yahoo. hate everything ESPN personally but have no idea if their league hosting is any good or not.

I don't like their tv channels or their website.

could you give me the scoring catagories? I love the hit and PIM catagories myself...
in the past, we used

6 skater categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG

4 goalie categories: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

I added GWG in the setup but it's still up for discussion.

in the past, we used

6 skater categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG

4 goalie categories: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

I added GWG in the setup but it's still up for discussion.
gottcha, the only other one for offense I have in my league are hits, faceoffs, blocks and a "defensive" point catagory (if a defenseman gets a point it goes there and on the the other catagories).

I'd like hits added, its kinda fun to be watching games and seeing your guy getting some hits....

I could take or leave GWG, we got rid of them and shorthanded goals a few years back just becuase usually it would be an automatic catagory win if you got just 1 or two of those....

I could take or leave GWG, we got rid of them and shorthanded goals a few years back just becuase usually it would be an automatic catagory win if you got just 1 or two of those....
sounds like you play in a H2H league.

this is rotisserie so it would take a lot more than 1 or 2 to win GWG over the entire season.

sounds like you play in a H2H league.

this is rotisserie so it would take a lot more than 1 or 2 to win GWG over the entire season.
Correct, its like a hybrid H2H anyways.

Those two stats would work better in rotisserie I would think. The more scoring catagories the better imo....

I championed for hits a year or so ago. I think it would a great addition. Anything to mix up the value of the players.

Whitetail Hunter said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
No hard feelings and you didn't cheat. I'm moving on.
You cheated.

I had moved on but since you brought it up and made a false accusation, I thought I should set the record straight. People should know your true character before they join your league.

Let's see what the FFA thinks.
Is this a Cheat alias?

Aaron Rudnicki said:
mozzy84 said:
always used yahoo. hate everything ESPN personally but have no idea if their league hosting is any good or not.

I don't like their tv channels or their website.
I use ESPN for another league. Very customizable and perhaps more important has a minimum goalie start requirement. If you don't mind tracking 40 starts, should be no problem doing it "manually."

BTW, any categories are fine with me.

Oh, and paid $25 via paypal

Hey Aaron,

I am in!

I have played in a league where goals are worth 2 points. I dont like the hit category. GWG are cool!

Users who are viewing this thread