What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Top 200 Horror Movies of All Time: #35 - Invasion of the Body Snatchers (29 Viewers)

Wasnt sure if this would happen, but at this point it's looking like if you have a movie on your list that no one else has, it will not appear in the top 100 no matter how high on your list.

I have a top 5 movie that is only on my list so far currently sitting at #100. That's only going to slip further the more lists come in.

Make it a top 200 countdown.
I would be down for this.

The more the better imo. Last year I started watching everything that was on rotten tomatoes top 200 horror movies list. I lost steam and petered out eventually, but probably watched a good 60 or more movies I had never seen before. I'd love another list to start watching off of.

Also, I realized there is a consensus top 20 movie I've never seen, and thus didn't rank. It's just something I never got around to seeing, and at this point I fear the build up is so much I don't want to end up being let down. I was going to finally watch it as the last movie in the RT top 200, but like I said I never ended up finishing.

So when that movie comes up and Scoresman lists me as someone who didn't have it in their top 75, that's why. And I assume that's why we only have 2 movies on all the lists - just things someone never got around to watching.

So when that movie comes up and Scoresman lists me as someone who didn't have it in their top 75, that's why. And I assume that's why we only have 2 movies on all the lists - just things someone never got around to watching.

This is mostly what I'm excite for. People here ranking movies highly that I have not seen. Might start a shukie spreadsheet of what I need to catch up on.

Wasnt sure if this would happen, but at this point it's looking like if you have a movie on your list that no one else has, it will not appear in the top 100 no matter how high on your list.

I have a top 5 movie that is only on my list so far currently sitting at #100. That's only going to slip further the more lists come in.
Greasy Strangler?

Bullsh!t artist

Moving to 200 makes sense. At 100, everyone's individual lists had only 20-30 movies that appeared on the overall. This increases that.

You guys would also be shocked at the quality of the movies around 200.

We still might finish by October. :mellow:
loving it. Glad to see the bump to top 200 now, makes it even better!

I was thinking about listing some movies I have decided to remove from my list because they feel more like a thriller, mystery, or sci-fi. But I think part of the fun will be to wait and see who includes what. But I will be including movies that others may see as thriller/mystery/sci-fi if I personally found them horrifying.

Trying to figure out what to do with a series/franchise that I love, but can't pick an individual movie from it. It's one where each movie is a direct continuation of the ongoing story. I'm definitely not adding each movie. I may just pick my favorite and mention that you need to watch the whole series to get it all.

Trying to figure out what to do with a series/franchise that I love, but can't pick an individual movie from it. It's one where each movie is a direct continuation of the ongoing story. I'm definitely not adding each movie. I may just pick my favorite and mention that you need to watch the whole series to get it all.
No, the Children of the Corn series doesn't require all of them to be watched. ;)

I've seen a lot of crappy remakes, but the newest CotC might be the worst I've endured.

No, the Children of the Corn series doesn't require all of them to be watched. ;)

I've seen a lot of crappy remakes, but the newest CotC might be the worst I've endured.
Among the worst franchises ever. Even the original lost it near the end

Where are the stats, @Scoresman ??

Lowest and highest movie budgets on the lists. This is again spotty as info is not available for all movies and also not converted into today's dollars for older movies. Still fun to look at.

LowestHighest
The Gator$ 60,000$ 200,000,000
IvanKaramazov$ 60,000$ 60,000,000
Keith R$ 60,000$ 200,000,000
Brunell4MVP$ 215,000$ 48,000,000
BroncoFreak_2k3$ 20,000$ 80,000,000
Scoresman$ 175$ 60,000,000
Frostillicus$ 60,000$ 35,000,000
Todem$ 270,000$ 200,000,000
WVU Alum$ 30,000$ 100,000,000
Tick$ 6,000$ 200,000,000

Pretty sure I know what the $60K movie was, but now I'm really curious about the $200M one. I'm sure I'm being stupid by not knowing this instantly -- that's a lot of coin for horror.

It's teetering on the edge of my list. I really like some found footage that this director has done and this was his first non-FF horror movie. It's amazing how the movie can scare with next to no budget.
That's awesome. That's what it's all about. :lmao::lmao:

Now I'm wondering if I should include the one low-budget one I had near the end of my list that I met the director at the local screening of his movie. I really enjoyed it and feel it would be worthy to include on my list, but thought it was too locally distributed to be included here...

ETA: I just looked...budget was $6,000. Not sure of the total revenue.

Man I'm so tempted to add it and drop #75...

Last edited:
Pretty sure I know what the $60K movie was, but now I'm really curious about the $200M one. I'm sure I'm being stupid by not knowing this instantly -- that's a lot of coin for horror.
Almost has to have a lot of CGI, a huge scope and at least 1 huge star to get all that.

Country of Origin. Surprised to see Spain beating out France.

USA 74.9%
United Kingdom 7.5%
Canada 6.7%
Spain 3.3%
Japan 3.3%
France 2.9%
Australia 2.5%
South Korea 2.5%
Germany 0.8%
Italy 0.8%
Denmark 0.8%
Korea 0.4%
Finland 0.4%
Turkey 0.4%
Ireland 0.4%
Luxemburg 0.4%
Sweden 0.4%
Thailand 0.4%

This is mostly what I'm excite for. People here ranking movies highly that I have not seen. Might start a shukie spreadsheet of what I need to catch up on.
I recommend JustWatch app - add all the movies, list the services you have, then it always shows you what from your list is currently available on your services, sorted however you want (my sort: free or ads, sort by IMDB rating).

USA 74.9%
United Kingdom 7.5%
Canada 6.7%
Spain 3.3%
Japan 3.3%
France 2.9%
Australia 2.5%
South Korea 2.5%
Germany 0.8%
Italy 0.8%
Denmark 0.8%
Korea 0.4%
Finland 0.4%
Turkey 0.4%
Ireland 0.4%
Luxemburg 0.4%
Sweden 0.4%
Thailand 0.4%
I haven't checked mine, but there's an Uruguay in there.

I think I had the same problem, and none of the three made my list individually, because they're all 1/3 of a long movie.

I missed this post earlier, but I was the opposite.

Instantly knew the 200M, but I'm unsure of the 60k one. I have a few ideas but was not as positive as the bigger one.

Just back from vacation. Harder than I thought to get to 75.

If a movie is borderline horror but a great movie, are people dropping it down their rankings because it isn't pure horror? A few have been mentioned in this thread already.

If a movie is borderline horror but a great movie, are people dropping it down their rankings because it isn't pure horror? A few have been mentioned in this thread already.
I didn’t. For me if I classified it as horror I ranked it based on its quality as a movie - not necessarily a horror movie. I’m sure others did it differently.

I didn’t. For me if I classified it as horror I ranked it based on its quality as a movie - not necessarily a horror movie. I’m sure others did it differently.
Opposite for me. I could see doing it either way.

My favorite movie of all time (not just horror) is a borderline thriller/horror that I feel does belong but I'm personally leaving it and others like it off. Personally wanted this to mostly be pure horror for me, but I want others to make that choice for themselves.

USA 74.9%
United Kingdom 7.5%
Canada 6.7%
Spain 3.3%
Japan 3.3%
France 2.9%
Australia 2.5%
South Korea 2.5%
Germany 0.8%
Italy 0.8%
Denmark 0.8%
Korea 0.4%
Finland 0.4%
Turkey 0.4%
Ireland 0.4%
Luxemburg 0.4%
Sweden 0.4%
Thailand 0.4%
I haven't checked mine, but there's an Uruguay in there.
Montevideodrome

I'm up over 90 now but definitely tougher to rank. I rarely watch movies more than once so outside of like my top 10, the rest I've only seen once or maybe twice and am going by the memory of how much I liked it at the time.

Building up a nice list for October though with the research!

I'm up over 90 now but definitely tougher to rank. I rarely watch movies more than once so outside of like my top 10, the rest I've only seen once or maybe twice and am going by the memory of how much I liked it at the time.

Building up a nice list for October though with the research!
I highlighted a few on my list for a rewatch and have been tweaking rankings as I watch each one again.

I've whittled the list down to about 100 but I'm going to take the time before the deadline to squeeze in a few that I've been wanting to see for a while.

Dangit, I remembered a movie I forgot to rank. I might update my rankings to add a few movies before the deadline.

One of my favorite podcasts about movies is The Evolution of Horror, for a couple of reasons. One, well - British accents. Two, I love that each "season" they tackle a subgenre. This is partly a general recommend to anybody who listens to podcasts and is nerdy enough to do a top 75 horror movies on an internet forum. Anyway, I listened to the Silence of the Lambs/Se7en episode this morning at work since it's included in a "horror" series. They had some good points about both movies being in the genre. One I thought was good was in the same series (yes, it was a TV movie but still) they were talking about the look of Manhunter and the look of Silence of the Lambs. Notably the intro to Lector and how one looks like a vanilla cell the other is kept in a hellish dungeon with Multiple Miggs (?) next door.

I am really looking forward to the conversation this thread is going to have.

I could have given 200 movies easy.

I am a horror addict.

Dangit, I remembered a movie I forgot to rank. I might update my rankings to add a few movies before the deadline.
THIS one?
I got this nickname in college because I grew up where there were no ticks, and the concept freaked me the F out during a camping trip in Oklahoma. My friends mocked me as all good college friends do (and also for freaking out when someone poured out bacon grease near the tent - bears!). That movie would have been a good horror movie for me back then.

One of my favorite podcasts about movies is The Evolution of Horror, for a couple of reasons. One, well - British accents. Two, I love that each "season" they tackle a subgenre. This is partly a general recommend to anybody who listens to podcasts and is nerdy RAD enough to do a top 75 horror movies on an internet forum. Anyway, I listened to the Silence of the Lambs/Se7en episode this morning at work since it's included in a "horror" series. They had some good points about both movies being in the genre. One I thought was good was in the same series (yes, it was a TV movie but still) they were talking about the look of Manhunter and the look of Silence of the Lambs. Notably the intro to Lector and how one looks like a vanilla cell the other is kept in a hellish dungeon with Multiple Miggs (?) next door.
Fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread