What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Top 200 Horror Movies of All Time: #127: Frailty (4 Viewers)

I had indicated myself as a “maybe” earlier. Think I’m going to sit out and read as well. Started pulling together, but hit a wall around 40 movies in. Hope some of my favorite horror silents get recognized though.
This is where I am. It's been a bad week and I've stalled out around #35 on my list. I will just read along and argue for this adventure. I had planned to put something together for categories for the 31 horror movies in October challenge that a few seemed to attempt last year.

Your input will be missed but understand it's a bit of an undertaking.

I think all we need now is @Ilov80s ??
Hope to have it in today. It’s 90% done, just need to finish the last bit and type it up. I should have time today.

Nice! In light of this, we may get to start early! I don't think I'm waiting on any other lists, but if you still have one to submit, consider this the two minute warning and please let us know in the thread.

Once the last list is received, I need a little time to finalize and double check everything. Not sure if we are doing honorable mentions first since we expanded to 200. I'll see if people still have highly ranked movies not in the top 200.

I'll probably use the same cadence as other movie threads I've participated in. 2-3 a day depending on discussion. Some days may be slower if I'm not in front of a computer but this shouldn't happen too often.

I had indicated myself as a “maybe” earlier. Think I’m going to sit out and read as well. Started pulling together, but hit a wall around 40 movies in. Hope some of my favorite horror silents get recognized though.
This is where I am. It's been a bad week and I've stalled out around #35 on my list. I will just read along and argue for this adventure. I had planned to put something together for categories for the 31 horror movies in October challenge that a few seemed to attempt last year.

Hope to have it in today. It’s 90% done, just need to finish the last bit and type it up. I should have time today.

Nice! In light of this, we may get to start early! I don't think I'm waiting on any other lists, but if you still have one to submit, consider this the two minute warning and please let us know in the thread.

Once the last list is received, I need a little time to finalize and double check everything. Not sure if we are doing honorable mentions first since we expanded to 200. I'll see if people still have highly ranked movies not in the top 200.

I'll probably use the same cadence as other movie threads I've participated in. 2-3 a day depending on discussion. Some days may be slower if I'm not in front of a computer but this shouldn't happen
@Scoresman

Could I send you 5-6 that would have been highly rated on my list but maybe not on others in case you do honorable mentions? If they are on other lists, the countdown, or you aren't doing this part just toss them.

I'll probably use the same cadence as other movie threads I've participated in. 2-3 a day depending on discussion. Some days may be slower if I'm not in front of a computer but this shouldn't happen too often.
Submited

I'll probably use the same cadence as other movie threads I've participated in. 2-3 a day depending on discussion. Some days may be slower if I'm not in front of a computer but this shouldn't happen
@Scoresman

Could I send you 5-6 that would have been highly rated on my list but maybe not on others in case you do honorable mentions? If they are on other lists, the countdown, or you aren't doing this part just toss them.
I think that is a cool idea

@Scoresman

I think most of my list so far was chalky, just surprisingly recent like I said. I did circle 10 of my top 40 that might not be on other lists, but even then I wouldn't be surprised if all are. You listed that you had 8 from the 2020s, so I am guessing the 7-8 I had down as possibilities for the 2nd half of the list will be a lot of crossover with you. If not, I can just pipe up at the end as well.

@Scoresman

Yes.

I probably wrote this somewhere earlier in the thread, but the one movie that really got my heart pounding was "The Collector." First 15 minutes are slow, then it's non-stop edge of your seat until the end.

@Scoresman

Yes.
Thank you for letting me do that. Can't wait for the conversations and new movies to watch!!!

Reactions: jwb
There were over 1,000 horror movies made in the 80s. IMDB places the total at 1,057. I believe I have seen almost all of them. I have a soft spot for 80s horror since I was born in the late 70s. The 70s and 80s horror movies were formative for me. I could have easily filled out the entire 75 with really fun 80s movies.

There were over 1,000 horror movies made in the 80s. IMDB places the total at 1,057. I believe I have seen almost all of them. I have a soft spot for 80s horror since I was born in the late 70s. The 70s and 80s horror movies were formative for me. I could have easily filled out the entire 75 with really fun 80s movies.
I have a soft spot for them and nostalgia for a handful, but this decade hasn't held up at all with me in my old age, and not just the horror genre.

Oh man, so remember how there was one movie on all the lists? Well that's still the case. 15 lists and only the one movie that is on all of them. This movie has been ranked number one on the overall 200 the whole time I've been receiving lists until the very last list, where it now slipped to number 3. Crazy.

15 lists, 415 unique movies across all of them.

I need some time to get this together and double check. Probably start some sort of honorable mention reveals late tomorrow.

Oh man, so remember how there was one movie on all the lists? Well that's still the case. 15 lists and only the one movie that is on all of them. This movie has been ranked number one on the overall 200 the whole time I've been receiving lists until the very last list, where it now slipped to number 3. Crazy.

I need some time to get this together and double check. Probably start some sort of honorable mention reveals late tomorrow.
Way to go, @Ilov80s ! ;)

It was my #2 when I looked. (if I assume correctly what it is)

Yeah, each list has fairly good coverage for sure, despite them all being so different.

Here's how many movies from each list are represented in the current top 200.

BroncoFreak_2k3 64
The Gator 64
Yambag 62
Frostillicus 62
jamny 61
Scoresman 61
Keith R 59
IvanKaramazov 59
Brunell4MVP 58
shuke 58
WVU Alum 56
Todem 56
UncleZen 46
Tick 43
I kind of knew that my list would be different, especially since the last 15 or so were throw ins since I obviously haven't seen as many horror movies as some of you seem to have seen.

@Scoresman

Don't encourage the lazy. We need his 75 :thumbup:

Last edited:
I dont want to spoil too much but I cant use the top 20 as an honorable mention pool for math reasons. If you know how the scoring for these works you can probably figure out why.

Instead I'm going to take the top movie on everyone's list that did not make it and highlight it. And any of KPs that arent on the top 200 that he sent me.

Yeah, each list has fairly good coverage for sure, despite them all being so different.

Here's how many movies from each list are represented in the current top 200.

BroncoFreak_2k3 64
The Gator 64
Yambag 62
Frostillicus 62
jamny 61
Scoresman 61
Keith R 59
IvanKaramazov 59
Brunell4MVP 58
shuke 58
WVU Alum 56
Todem 56
UncleZen 46
Tick 43
I'm the outlier in almost every list.

Whoa, a consensus without @KarmaPolice ? He's my horror movie guru!
@krista4

I know the joke above was about laziness, but some of you probably know it is the opposite- not enough time because I take it too seriously. I watched at least 10 in a few days to get a better Judge of rankings then started doubting "classics I don't think hold up, etc. It just wasn't a good week to tackle it and I already felt guilty I wasn't keeping up on the DotM thread that was my doing.

I have it on good authority that there will be at least 1 KP only pick that I have in my top 20 that isn't on the countdown featured in the honorable mentions. This is a good collection of movie and horror minds, so I have no doubt the list will kick ***. Several have said they have a comedy lean which seems where some of outlets shared tastes lie. Appreciate the post.

Whoa, a consensus without @KarmaPolice ? He's my horror movie guru!
@krista4

I know the joke above was about laziness, but some of you probably know it is the opposite- not enough time because I take it too seriously. I watched at least 10 in a few days to get a better Judge of rankings then started doubting "classics I don't think hold up, etc. It just wasn't a good week to tackle it and I already felt guilty I wasn't keeping up on the DotM thread that was my doing.

I have it on good authority that there will be at least 1 KP only pick that I have in my top 20 that isn't on the countdown featured in the honorable mentions. This is a good collection of movie and horror minds, so I have no doubt the list will kick ***. Several have said they have a comedy lean which seems where some of outlets shared tastes lie. Appreciate the post.

Oh, you know I totally get it about wanting your list to be "perfect." :lol: I just really would love you to be included, since I'm not kidding that I go to you for my horror flick recommendations.

I'll have my list and my dad's list submitted by tomorrow.
Are these 2 separate lists, or did you combine ideas into one list?
Two separate lists. I guarantee there will be movies on my dad's list that nobody's ever heard of. I was laughing as I read through it.
That's awesome! When reading your posts before I had the impression this was the case and his geared toward the older and unknown. Can't wait.

This is awesome. I cannot wait to see what #1 and #2 are, and why they got passed over by some of our voters. (Nothing wrong with different people having different opinions - that's more fun than 20 guys all chiming in about how awesome a particular movie is, and I know that I'm to be an outlier on some well-liked movies too).

I doubt I have seen 1000 different movies total for my lifetime let alone just horror movies. This seems crazy to me. Say I started watching movies when I was 5 that would be 45 years of movie watching. 22+ new movies a year to get there. One every two weeks (about). No way I am close to that. I doubt I have watched 20 new movies over the last 5 years combined.

Users who are viewing this thread