What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (1 Viewer)

So how do we play this game? Simply take Hindrey's dynasty value chart and add up the value of our 14 skill position keepers?
My way might suck but how I did it was add in top 14 players and give TE's a 15% bump. Then I added value of first and second round picks in 2022 and for the 2023 draft just accounted for any extra picks gained or loss using estimate of where they land. I gave no value for my own first and second rounds picks in 2023, just extra picks.

Hi guys,

All rookie drafts are now scheduled to start on May 7th. 

Due to the sheer number of leagues and to avoid potential server issues, we prefer to stagger them. In 2023, we may opt to start 1/2 on the Friday after the draft and the other 1/2 on Saturday to both avoid server lag and making Mom upset. :)  

Thoughts on that? Any other ideas? 

Starting rookie drafts two weeks after the NFL draft could lead to a system-wide revolt so I am guessing that is a non-starter.

My way might suck but how I did it was add in top 14 players and give TE's a 15% bump. Then I added value of first and second round picks in 2022 and for the 2023 draft just accounted for any extra picks gained or loss using estimate of where they land. I gave no value for my own first and second rounds picks in 2023, just extra picks.
Ok. 236 in the FBG FFPC league we're in. Not built for long term (yet) and nothing close to Barack's 367, but good enough to hopefully be in the championship running in these first 3 years of the league. 🤞

Hi guys,

Due to the sheer number of leagues and to avoid potential server issues, we prefer to stagger them. In 2023, we may opt to start 1/2 on the Friday after the draft and the other 1/2 on Saturday to both avoid server lag and making Mom upset. :)  

Starting rookie drafts two weeks after the NFL draft could lead to a system-wide revolt so I am guessing that is a non-starter.
Wow thanks for the update. For me personally I think that sounds fantastic. I think giving folks (or half of them) the Friday start is a big big plus. Can't speak for anyone else but I am always an active owner anyway so anytime was going to be fine for me. 

Hi guys,

That's that award winning FFPC customer service.

I made the initial post about it in this thread but I had no idea the staggering was for potential server issues when I made it. I thought we were staggering  "just because" people wanted to spread out their drafts. Like I said was not a big deal but just had me puzzled why we not going to use that Saturday and I did think it would slow down trading/draft so not ideal but not a huge deal. So thanks for the explanation.

As for ideas I don't have much. I was not aware people were so against starting the drafts two weeks after the NFL draft. I don't have a problem with that myself.

All I can add is if staggering is needed I'd tend to give the more preferential times to the bigger money leagues, least preferential to the 77's. 

Thanks

Ok. 236 in the FBG FFPC league we're in. Not built for long term (yet) and nothing close to Barack's 367, but good enough to hopefully be in the championship running in these first 3 years of the league. 🤞
To be clear my 367 is not our Sharkpool league it is from a different league. And I just ran it thru Hindery and came up with 289. I definitely give more value to draft picks, especially high ones. I have Albert O worth 15 points and Hindery doesn't even have him listed. I think that is outrageous (perhaps just an error).

My Sharkpool team with you jokers comes out to 265 by my own calculator (which is like one good stud away from being a competitive playoff team by my numbers anyway - something like a Najee Harris who I have at 35 and would put me at my 300 threshold). But using Hindery I come up with 221. 

I have Albert O worth 15 points and Hindery doesn't even have him listed. I think that is outrageous (perhaps just an error).
Never noticed that but yea I'd assume an error.

But using Hindery I come up with 221. 
In our league straight using Hindery with no personal bias and bumping up TE's 15%  I came in at 234 for my top 14 players and 270 after factoring in value of my first/second round picks in 2022 and extra second I obtained for 2023.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never noticed that but yea I'd assume an error.

In our league straight using Hindery with no personal bias and bumping up TE's 15%  I came in at 234 for my top 14 players and 270 after factoring in value of my first/second round picks in 2022 and extra second I obtained for 2023.
My squad = 203 + Albert 0.  Let's call it an even 280.

My Sharkpool team with you jokers comes out to 265 by my own calculator (which is like one good stud away from being a competitive playoff team by my numbers anyway - something like a Najee Harris who I have at 35 and would put me at my 300 threshold). But using Hindery I come up with 221. 
So my 237 > 221 which = Championship! Wow, this is science. 

Coincidentally, Najee is on my squad in our FBG league and is one of my few long-term investments. So, no, he’s not on the trading block. ;)  

So my 237 > 221 which = Championship! Wow, this is science. 

Coincidentally, Najee is on my squad in our FBG league and is one of my few long-term investments. So, no, he’s not on the trading block. ;)  
Yep I was waiting for you to see that mine was the lesser. I didn't notice you had Najee though. I don't want him. And I would have to profit by the equivalent of Najee to get to my magic 300. But I'd clearly have to spend something comparable to get him from you, or a similar player from someone else. No, the way I get to 300 (or whatever the Hindery benchmark might be) is to buy low through trade/draft/FAAB and either sell high or hit on those guys values growing. Like if K Herbert took over for Montgomery (not saying that is gonna happen) all the sudden he goes from a 5 to a 25 and I'm about there. But making an equitable trade for Najee wouldn't do it. Would have to spend a future 1st presumably plus whatever else involved to make it right, so I'd be subtracting at the same time. 

In a SF I recently moved T Marshall, who I was going to cut, and a 2023 3rd for Ridley and a 2023 2nd. I then flipped those two pieces and added Drake, who I was also going to cut, to get Aiyuk. I am not as big on Aiyuk as I was last year by any means but that is a 3rd for Aiyuk. That is going from 4 points to 25 (I think Hindery has him at 18). 

Like if K Herbert took over for Montgomery (not saying that is gonna happen) all the sudden he goes from a 5 to a 25 and I'm about there. But making an equitable trade for Najee wouldn't do it. Would have to spend a future 1st presumably plus whatever else involved to make it right, so I'd be subtracting at the same time. 
Your reasoning makes total sense.  Thanks for sharing. 

But now you’re just messing with me with the bolded since I also own Herbert in that same league (and actually all 3 of the dynasty leagues I’m in). So if he goes from a 5 to a 25, I'M about there. ;)  

Your reasoning makes total sense.  Thanks for sharing. 

But now you’re just messing with me with the bolded since I also own Herbert in that same league (and actually all 3 of the dynasty leagues I’m in). So if he goes from a 5 to a 25, I'M about there. ;)  
Good call, I don't have him here. Ok I need Sermon to do that then. Ugh I like Herbert's chances better. And I don't wanna lose points for Mitchell everywhere else.

Good call, I don't have him here. Ok I need Sermon to do that then. Ugh I like Herbert's chances better. And I don't wanna lose points for Mitchell everywhere else.
I have Sermon in 1 FFPC league and he was definitely keeper #16 at the veeeeery edge of the bench. How quickly he went from top 6-8 rookie pick to almost unkeepable less than a year later. 

Hi guys,

Been in dynasty FFPC since it began in 2010.  My rookie drafts for all my leagues have always started on Saturday.  The reason I want to start on Saturday is I work Monday thru Friday.  Not everyone works that schedule but the majority I would guess do.  If you are starting on Saturday you have 2 full days to get through the key rounds which is the 1st and 2nd rounds I pretty much sit at my computer all day Saturday and Sunday so I don't miss a possible trade offer or when I see the picks go down I can know if I need to try and trade up.

If we start on Sunday it eliminates 1 of those days and sometimes we only get through less than 1 round and that be a killer missing the key parts of the draft at work.  I can't just sit at work and stare at the website and would miss the key moments and miss trade offers.

Starting on Friday would only be ok with me if it was Friday night after 5 PM ET otherwise all we are doing is really screwing things up even worse as the most important part of the draft would be missed by those working Friday.  Also if you only get 3 or 4 picks and hit Friday night now others may be getting on making trades or picks while you are sleeping and you are missing chances to make trades at key times which is a drawback to starting Friday night.

Been in dynasty FFPC since it began in 2010.  My rookie drafts for all my leagues have always started on Saturday.  The reason I want to start on Saturday is I work Monday thru Friday.  Not everyone works that schedule but the majority I would guess do.  If you are starting on Saturday you have 2 full days to get through the key rounds which is the 1st and 2nd rounds I pretty much sit at my computer all day Saturday and Sunday so I don't miss a possible trade offer or when I see the picks go down I can know if I need to try and trade up.

If we start on Sunday it eliminates 1 of those days and sometimes we only get through less than 1 round and that be a killer missing the key parts of the draft at work.  I can't just sit at work and stare at the website and would miss the key moments and miss trade offers.

Starting on Friday would only be ok with me if it was Friday night after 5 PM ET otherwise all we are doing is really screwing things up even worse as the most important part of the draft would be missed by those working Friday.  Also if you only get 3 or 4 picks and hit Friday night now others may be getting on making trades or picks while you are sleeping and you are missing chances to make trades at key times which is a drawback to starting Friday night.

Thanks for the feedback. That all makes sense.

Ok so finished my $250 TriFlex startup so gonna beat my chest again but this was a much tougher draft than the $77. Go figure.

Fields, Mariota, Baker
Taylor, CMC, Barkley, P Strong, J Ford, S McCormick
G Wilson, London, Olave, Claypool, Toney, G Davis, Crowder, Palmer
Knox, Everett, Hurst

Still have my 2023 1st didn't get extras. Would really love to see one of these rookie WRs go to the Bears. Atlanta could be alright but obviously Mariota is a stopgap and I am assuming Baker gets picked up as a starter but I took him in the 20th. I still continue to say Hurst and Everett are unbelievable steals at TE right now. And of course I guess I'll find out if one of Davis or Crowder (or Knox) separate themselves as #2 behind Diggs. Hoping Barkley and CMC can be their oldselves here.

Haha, right behind you at 235, go figure....

Posted in the trade thread yesterday but a team in one of my leagues picked up Chase yesterday.

I mention this in relation to the Hindery chart because that gave him the top 4 valued played on his chart. Taylor, Jefferson, Pitts and Chase. Using 15% TE bump just those players put his team at 197 value. I've seen stuff like 3 of the top 5 guys on a team but not one that actually had the top 4.

Been on vaca and just catching up. I checked another team using this method and came up with 294 + 44 for my 22 picks (1.3, 1.9 & 2.5). Barely made playoffs last yr and eliminated wk1; swear I am jinxed in that lg.

Interesting idea for team value.  I've got a couple in my 1qb $500 leagues that are pretty loaded so I ran them through.  With  Hindery + 15% for TEs I came to 312 and 302 not counting draft picks.

Most of my FFPC teams are up around there or not far behind, except the shark pool league, which just proves what we already knew.  You guys are much stiffer competition than a typical FFPC league.

@phandango and everyone else…

I see you own Tyreek in our FBG FFPC league. I own him in another league and am trying to trade him for draft picks. What kind of value do you put on him? (If you don’t want to give that away with the rest of the league reading here, feel free to PM me or just not answer. Also interested to hear what other think his value is. 
I’ve sent offers to 2 teams asking for their early 1st rounder (neither is the 1.1) as well as their 2023 1st. Am I asking for took much after his trade away from the chiefs?

@phandango and everyone else…

I see you own Tyreek in our FBG FFPC league. I own him in another league and am trying to trade him for draft picks. What kind of value do you put on him? (If you don’t want to give that away with the rest of the league reading here, feel free to PM me or just not answer. Also interested to hear what other think his value is. 
I’ve sent offers to 2 teams asking for their early 1st rounder (neither is the 1.1) as well as their 2023 1st. Am I asking for took much after his trade away from the chiefs?

I don't think two R1s is too much. In 1QB FFPC leagues, Hill is going in the late 2nd/early 3rd of startups. He's still valued as a top-12 dynasty WR. I know everyone loves the 2023 class, but the odds of replacing Hill's production with one of those R1 picks are small. The odds of hitting on both picks are even smaller. Plus it's FFPC, where you're burning that roster spot if that 1st-rounder doesn't start performing well right away. 

Now, do I think someone will pay that much for Hill? In 1QB FFPC, probably not. People usually reserve those prices for RBs. So while I think your price is fair, it might not be what the market bears. 

I don't think two R1s is too much. In 1QB FFPC leagues, Hill is going in the late 2nd/early 3rd of startups. He's still valued as a top-12 dynasty WR. I know everyone loves the 2023 class, but the odds of replacing Hill's production with one of those R1 picks are small. The odds of hitting on both picks are even smaller. Plus it's FFPC, where you're burning that roster spot if that 1st-rounder doesn't start performing well right away. 

Now, do I think someone will pay that much for Hill? In 1QB FFPC, probably not. People usually reserve those prices for RBs. So while I think your price is fair, it might not be what the market bears. 
Awesome reply. Thanks man. 

I ended up getting a 1.2 and 2023 1st (likely mid). Rebuild fully in progress. More details in the Dynasty Trades thread if you’re interested :)  

Posted in dynasty trades thread as well, but both my friends hang out in this one so why not.

Traded for the 1.01 and bleeding edge I suppose, but someone has to go first. Very competitive team (go ahead and ask) with need at rb.

Gave 1.03 & 1.09 for 1.01

Posted in dynasty trades thread as well, but both my friends hang out in this one so why not.

Traded for the 1.01 and bleeding edge I suppose, but someone has to go first. Very competitive team (go ahead and ask) with need at rb.

Seems fine to give that for Hall, and value aside the positional need appears as though Hall helps your team more than picks 3 and 9 will for several years.  

Nice trade. That’s why you’re the champ!

Hall went 1.1 in 7 out of 7 leagues.

Walker went 1.2 in 6 out of 7 leagues. The one he did not he lasted till pick 4.

Earliest/latest for top WR's:

Burks and Drake 1.3/1.7

Jameson 1.2/1.7

Wilson 1.3/1.6 (out of 6 leagues)

Walker went later than 1.02 in quite a few of mine. I don't have it together right now but I got him at 1.04 in one spot. I would say at least half of my leagues he went 1.02 but there were quite a few exceptions. Come to think of it I took London in a couple of those examples so I guess I am skewing the curve!

Hall went 1.01 in all 13 of my leagues

Walker went 1.02 in 10 of 13

London went in the top 3 in 10 of 13

Anyone involved in any startup drafts?  I'm wondering what is being traded to get 2023 1sts

I did a TriFlex startup before the NFL Draft. I got an unsolicited offer of my startup 6th and '23 R3 for his startup 13th and '23 R1. I took it with no counter. Later, I moved from startup R4 to R5, R5 to R6 and R10 to R11 in exchange for his '23 R1. 

When I did a TriFlex startup last year, I traded a rookie '22 R1 straight up for a startup R8. This year, guys were offering '23 R2s for a startup R8 (no one made that deal), and guys were asking me for a startup R8 plus more startup picks for their single '23 R1 rookie pick. 

Must have either meant 13th overall (unlikely) or had the 1st on the wrong side and it was meant to be startup 13th rounder + 2023 1st for startup 6th rounder + 2023 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread