What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC dynasty and redraft thread (3 Viewers)

Really would have preferred Alec Pierce her

Penguin said:
Really wanted Alec Pierce here but Meno snipped him at 2.07

5.03 Foster Moreau. Was planning Dulcich but Meno sniped me

Love to hear it. 😁

Bombjack you did get me earlier with Spiller. I put a higher value on his youth and future upside for my team more then Dameon Pierce who was my consolation pick.  I did not have a ton of picks in this draft and that's the only time I realistically thought I had at least a shot at a guy and could not get him.

4.10 - RB A.Smith

UFDA flyer that may get a chance if Kamara's legal issues dictate.

I would think if Kamara gets 1-2 games, Ingram would be the short term sub, veteran who knows the game, could start the season fresh.  But he is like 47 y/o.   A long term RB2 in NOLA, I would think Smith could fit in nicely.   

Sorry to post this here, but I have a $500 dynasty team in the FFPC (standard style) that I wanted to sell off.  Not looking for profit or anything,but the team is competitive.

Shoot me a PM if any interest or for more details, thanks.

Sorry to post this here, but I have a $500 dynasty team in the FFPC (standard style) that I wanted to sell off.  Not looking for profit or anything,but the team is competitive.

With the rookie draft over, I've been trying to sell some $500 teams on Dynasty Depot for under their value, but I haven't gotten any bites at all. Almost all the $500 teams are listed to sell for a loss. 

With the rookie draft over, I've been trying to sell some $500 teams on Dynasty Depot for under their value, but I haven't gotten any bites at all. Almost all the $500 teams are listed to sell for a loss. 
I have a couple $500s that I tried to sell all offseason prior to the draft for a small loss and got no bites. And they really weren't bad teams at all. One earned a top seed and took 2nd last year. 

But then somehow I churned the heck out of both squads right before and then during the draft. And now I think they are improved so much that I wouldn't dream of selling them for less than like 1.4x. 

I'm not in the market for it but would you post your roster/assets here? Maybe we can ask around but I am mostly just curious. If you don't want to, that is perfectly cool.

I'm not in the market for it but would you post your roster/assets here? Maybe we can ask around but I am mostly just curious. If you don't want to, that is perfectly cool.
Russel Wilson, Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, Kamara, Chubb, DK Metcalf, terry mclaurin, Diontae Johnson, Courtland Sutton, Dawson Knox.  Some other ok fillers.  No future picks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about half way thru 2 $500 startups (1 BB & 1 STD) I plan to try and sell. BB has 3 future 1's,  STD has 4 and i'm thinking i should be able to sell them. Not looking to make a killing, really just having some fun and killing time. I will let you know how I make out.

I'm about half way thru 2 $500 startups (1 BB & 1 STD) I plan to try and sell. BB has 3 future 1's,  STD has 4 and i'm thinking i should be able to sell them. Not looking to make a killing, really just having some fun and killing time. I will let you know how I make out.

Could you share the FFPC links to the boards I would love to check them out.

I did a $250 Triflex startup where I ended up with four '23 R1s and two R2s. I thought about trying to sell it, but I kind of really like the team and want to see what happens with it. 

I have a couple $500s that I tried to sell all offseason prior to the draft for a small loss and got no bites. And they really weren't bad teams at all. One earned a top seed and took 2nd last year. 

I guess I can't blame people...I'm surprised there is a market at all for dynasty teams.   Most people enjoy the actual drafting part and have "their guys."

I did a $250 Triflex startup where I ended up with four '23 R1s and two R2s. I thought about trying to sell it, but I kind of really like the team and want to see what happens with it. 
Yeah I finally broke the TriFlex seal this year (before the NFL draft) and came away with teams that I can't imagine selling. Got extra 1sts as well. Plus new format for me I want to *actually* play it. 

I noticed DD now has a filter for teams for sale that have multiple 1sts (of any kind). It sure does seem to be the main selling point that gets bites, having lots of 1sts. 

What is proper etiquette for sharing myffpc draftboards? Im not sure if some owners might object. 

How about this - https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/fantasymojo/ffpc_archives/2022/drafts/draft13467675.html

Fwiw, I am doublechecking Mojo to make sure they don't mind the post either
I saw that draft on Mojo's site and had to double check it was standard when I saw how high the QB's were going.

I like your plan on doing startups right now to kill time and then move them. Never really thought of doing anything like that before.

I saw that draft on Mojo's site and had to double check it was standard when I saw how high the QB's were going.

I like your plan on doing startups right now to kill time and then move them. Never really thought of doing anything like that before.
Yeah, qbs did start early here. I hope my plan to draft and move on works out, we shall see...

Im sure people want to see the team builds, but need to check with other owners about sharing myffpc link.

In the meantime you can use the mojo board and roster links to match them up - https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/fantasymojo/ffpc_archives/2022/rosters/rosters13467675.html

I would be interested to know if you can sell them for a profit. The 1QB format is probably my least favorite now, so if I were to draft and sell, it would be a 1QB team. My fear is that I wouldn't be able to sell it and then would have to manage it. I would think you would need a top guy at one or two positions to "bait" a buyer into thinking the team might be competitive in Year One. Someone like a Justin Herbert at QB, or maybe Mark Andrews or Cooper Kupp, or perhaps just stacking a team with a bunch of 2022 rookies. 

Yeah I finally broke the TriFlex seal this year (before the NFL draft) and came away with teams that I can't imagine selling. Got extra 1sts as well. Plus new format for me I want to *actually* play it. 

I noticed DD now has a filter for teams for sale that have multiple 1sts (of any kind). It sure does seem to be the main selling point that gets bites, having lots of 1sts. 

TriFlex is my favorite format now. I just think it opens up so many more trade opportunities. My biggest gripe with the 1QB format is that the top 2-3 QBs are way overpriced, and the rest are hardly ever sought-after in trades. Obviously, superflex solves that problem. My other biggest gripe with FFPC leagues is how difficult it is to trade for top RBs. That part is addressed by the added emphasis on WRs. And then no kickers or defenses to worry about. 

Barack, since you've sold quite a few teams on Dynasty Depot, do you have any anecdotal evidence for which kinds of teams generated more interest? I wish DD was like eBay, where you could see completed auctions (maybe there is and I just overlooked it) and try to glean what buyers are looking for. Maybe it's just the obvious, like "stud-heavy teams with a lot of future 1sts tend to sell for the most money." 

I would be interested to know if you can sell them for a profit. The 1QB format is probably my least favorite now, so if I were to draft and sell, it would be a 1QB team. My fear is that I wouldn't be able to sell it and then would have to manage it. I would think you would need a top guy at one or two positions to "bait" a buyer into thinking the team might be competitive in Year One. Someone like a Justin Herbert at QB, or maybe Mark Andrews or Cooper Kupp, or perhaps just stacking a team with a bunch of 2022 rookies. 

Yeah, I'll let you know, as I said I am killing time and having a little fun. If I break even it will be a win afaic, but obviously would like to make a little profit. It's all relatively new and my simple strategy is to take good young players, add a stack if it is there and accumulate as many future 1's as I can. My past experience has been been teams with multiple future 1's are a lot more popular.

The 1QB format is probably my least favorite now

Barack, since you've sold quite a few teams on Dynasty Depot, do you have any anecdotal evidence for which kinds of teams generated more interest? I wish DD was like eBay, where you could see completed auctions (maybe there is and I just overlooked it) and try to glean what buyers are looking for. Maybe it's just the obvious, like "stud-heavy teams with a lot of future 1sts tend to sell for the most money." 
1QB is my least favorite as well and I gotta tell everybody I think that is the way the tides are going. I *do* think those teams are going to be harder to sell. Almost none of the writers I work with play in 1QB anymore. Lots of people are moving towards SF and or away from managed leagues altogether towards best ball. 

I have only sold a few so I really don't know any tricks and none of them were super good teams so I wasn't expecting a bidding war or anything. But the multiple 1sts is absolutely a thing. And like mentioned above if you have solid young pieces or it looks like it can win now.

Yeah, I'll let you know, as I said I am killing time and having a little fun. If I break even it will be a win afaic, but obviously would like to make a little profit. It's all relatively new and my simple strategy is to take good young players, add a stack if it is there and accumulate as many future 1's as I can. My past experience has been been teams with multiple future 1's are a lot more popular.

There are currently only 3-4 teams for sale on Dynasty Depot that have multiple 1sts. (That "2+ First Round Picks" filter doesn't seem to work, because it shows that no teams fit the search criteria, but when I erased the filters, I found teams with multiple 1sts.) There is one $500 1QB team that has two R1s. The "buy it now" price is $799 and bidding is currently up to $670. The other teams with multiple R1s either have very low bids or none at all. 

My problem is I have way too many teams to manage, but I'm soooo tempted to try drafting and flipping. 

There are currently only 3-4 teams for sale on Dynasty Depot that have multiple 1sts. (That "2+ First Round Picks" filter doesn't seem to work, because it shows that no teams fit the search criteria, but when I erased the filters, I found teams with multiple 1sts.) There is one $500 1QB team that has two R1s. The "buy it now" price is $799 and bidding is currently up to $670. The other teams with multiple R1s either have very low bids or none at all. 

My problem is I have way too many teams to manage, but I'm soooo tempted to try drafting and flipping. 
That filter worked for 2022 firsts prior to the rookie drafts.  Maybe it's not working correctly for 2023 firsts.

Would you mind sharing your trades that netted you the future 1's?
Well, as a local radio head is fond of saying, "I didn't come here to be made sport of". I will list all of my trades, but how about for now I list all the trades for future 1's, starting with the BB I haven't linked to yet. I had planned to accumulate 2023 1s but apparently several others had the same idea (more on that later).

Anyway, by the time we reached the 1.07 there were already SIX 2023 1's traded and the seventh was traded for the 1.12. Ftr, I am only involved in one of the trades.  

Team9 Received
2022 Pick 2.02 (Team11)
2022 Pick 4.02 (Team11)
Team11 Received
2022 Pick 2.04 (Team9)
2023 1st Round Pick (Team9)

Team3 Received
2022 Pick 3.08 (Team8)
2023 1st Round Pick (Team8)
Team8 Received
2022 Pick 2.10 (Team3)
2023 2nd Round Pick (Team3)

Team5 Received
2022 Pick 2.09 (Team4)
2023 1st Round Pick (Team4)
Team4 Received
2022 Pick 1.05 (Team5)
2023 4th Round Pick (Team5)

Team6 Received
2022 Pick 2.11 (Team2)
2023 1st Round Pick (Team2)
Team2 Received
2022 Pick 1.06 (Team6)

Team3 Received
2022 Pick 1.07 (Team7)
Team7 Received
2023 1st Round Pick (Team3)
2023 1st Round Pick (Team8)

Team11 Received
2022 Pick 1.12 (Team12)
2022 Pick 2.01 (Team12)
Team12 Received
2022 Pick 2.04 (Team9)
2022 Pick 3.11 (Team11)
2023 1st Round Pick (Team11)

Hey guys, I've been kind of busy. I'm sorry I flaked on my draft write up. Anyway here is a belated one:

1.9 Christian Watson

Started out as sort of a boring draft for me from the 9 spot. The usual big 7 went and then Skyy Moore at 8, leaving me to choose in that late 1st tier. I know some people are not very bullish on Watson due to Rodgers and rookies as well as small school related questions. I think he was a good risk here as he has ridiculous size/speed combo. Packers moved up to get him. What is not often said when discussing Rodgers not targeting rookies much is that typically the Packers have had a solid #1 and sometimes solid #2 already on the roster, which is very much not the case currently. Huge opportunity.

2.9 Brian Robinson

Kind of felt like I got the last of the solid 2nd round tier of RBs here. I like Robinson's upside and can't really complain about getting another in the line of many solid pros from RB U (Bama), and it certainly explains why he didn't get much action until his rSR year, in which he dominated. Rivera commenting about trying to conjure up the Williams/Stewart glory days doesn't hurt either. Very nice depth for me and his role could expand a lot with an injury to Gibson.

4.01 Hayden Hurst / 4.08 Pierre Strong Jr. / 4.09 Tim Patrick / 4.12 Isaih Pacheco

Made a couple trades up and back and ended up with 4 4th rounders and grabbed these guys. Hurst I think is better than CJ Uzomah, and he will be lightly covered in the explosive Cincy passing game. Strong Jr went in rd 4 to a crowded as usual NE backfield, but he has some impressiveness to him that could vault him into playing time at some point. Tim Patrick has been useful with garbage at QB, so I feel like getting him adds a nice depth piece to my WR room with upside if Wilson likes throwing his way. Pacheco is a bit of a dart throw, but I read great things about him and any skill player on KC is worth a dart at a minimum. 

Anyone do a recent startup draft, and care to share the results?  A buddy and I were thinking about doing one. I wouldn’t mind that data point. Thanks!

Anyone do a recent startup draft, and care to share the results?  A buddy and I were thinking about doing one. I wouldn’t mind that data point. Thanks!
Not sure if you can access, but this is link to the BB I referenced earlier in the thread where I listed all the future 1st trades. 

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/fantasymojo/ffpc_archives/2022/drafts/draft13297050.html

It seems like the draft will never end and as of tomorrow it will have been running for a full 4 weeks. The guy at the final 25/26 turn who is otc right now is pretty typical of several drafters in this lg. He has been sitting otc since 7 o'clock last night even though he has no choice but to draft a PK & D with his last 2 picks. Ugh.....

I have had same experience with the 2 $500 productive struggle teams I drafted this yr for flipping, very little activity. I will try selling again in August, but likely the only way I sell them at a profit will be to wait until next spring pre rookie draft. 

For the life of me I can't figure out why somebody would buy an already drafted dynasty team at cost.  

Of course those teams are all going to sell at a loss.

For the life of me I can't figure out why somebody would buy an already drafted dynasty team at cost.  

I more or less agree, which is why the ones I bought last year were bought at a steep discount. If it is going to be at cost, I would rather do the startup myself.

The exception is the team that is absolutely stacked and is worth the at-cost price. But I found a few of those at discounts as well.

One of the auction teams I bought last year in the $250 tier - I paid $239 for it so let's say basically at-cost. It is easily one of my best teams and although I have no intention of selling it, and of course no guarantee it would sell for this, but I would list it at like $900.

One of the auction teams I bought last year in the $250 tier - I paid $239 for it so let's say basically at-cost. It is easily one of my best teams and although I have no intention of selling it, and of course no guarantee it would sell for this, but I would list it at like $900.

Yeah, that makes sense.   

Yeah, that makes sense.   
Sometimes people sell monsters at cost just because they want to move on for their own reasons. Last year there were a lot of teams that IMO got burned by CMC and some others but they had built really solid teams. They just decided to sell maybe a little lower than they realized. I have $250 teams I bought for $125-$160 and they're absolutely stacked.

Then I have a couple of those that I bought for $100 and am selling for $100 and am ready to move on. Like listed above. They're not pretty but lots of young upside.

Here's a fun one for my FFPC friends to wrap their heads around.

During the startup a team was collecting 1sts and made this trade:

Startup picks 5.05, 5.09, 7.05, 10.02, and 11.11

For.

Kyle Pitts and picks rounds 17-20

For.

I'd call that something like three 1sts and a 2nd for Pitts and those late picks. Seems fair. I know there are some big names in the 5th round but in a vacuum at first glance I'd say Pitts side.

For.

So one team was collecting 2023 1s and then used some of the capital gained in trading back to essentially move up for the 1.4 (Pitts ADP); that's different. I guess that is about what it would take to get Pitts but not something I would likely ever do. Assuming this is std dynasty, how many 2023 1s did they come away with?

So one team was collecting 2023 1s and then used some of the capital gained in trading back to essentially move up for the 1.4 (Pitts ADP); that's different. I guess that is about what it would take to get Pitts but not something I would likely ever do. Assuming this is std dynasty, how many 2023 1s did they come away with?
Yes STD.

Six future 1sts and a couple 2nds.  

This is a tough year to get more given the way people feel about the 2023 class.  Some of the teams are not even willing to give a future 1st for a 3rd round startup pick straight up.  

Yes STD.

Six future 1sts and a couple 2nds.  

This is a tough year to get more given the way people feel about the 2023 class.  Some of the teams are not even willing to give a future 1st for a 3rd round startup pick straight up.  
Yep, getting 2023 1s not so easy; getting 6 is pretty impressive.

I did a startup a while back, maybe 8 years ago, where I had 10 future 1sts after the draft, and was still able to field a team that could at least halfway compete for a playoff spot (though I did not want to make the playoffs so I didn't).

This year, trying to get future 1sts is rough. I have seen mid-late 5th rounders be swapped for a future 1st.  Half the people want a 3rd rounder or no dice, some not even for that.

For.

I just did something similar, but in a SF startup.

I gave 5.04, 5.07, and 7.04 for 1.09 (OTC - Pitts), 16th, & 20th.

This was a non-hoarding 1sts scenario.

I guess I feel a bit better seeing ghostguy's post that I didn't give up my 10th/11th.  Though maybe SF negates that?  Not sure.  Seeing who was available at those picks, I'm still ok with the trade.

I have had same experience with the 2 $500 productive struggle teams I drafted this yr for flipping, very little activity. I will try selling again in August, but likely the only way I sell them at a profit will be to wait until next spring pre rookie draft.
Time for the FFPC Dynasty Redraft thread to get a bump.

Did just sell 1 of my 2 flips for small profit. Nothing to write home about but nice to sell a team drafted in May for more than I payed for it. Having Pacheco and 4 1sts probably helped.

Mostly about redraft for me now.

Anyway, where’s everyone at?

Did just sell 1 of my 2 flips for small profit. Nothing to write home about but nice to sell a team drafted in May for more than I payed for it. Having Pacheco and 4 1sts probably helped.

I have my same 2 FFPC dynasty leagues (Man, you’re team is scary in the league we’re in together!)
besides that, it’s a Sleeper dynasty, yahoo redraft (26 years and running) and a yahoo redraft auction (many years running as well). Making it 5 total leagues.

but only 2 FFPC leagues. I was *this close* to trying one of the other FFPC formats (SuperFlex or Best Ball) but life is still too busy with a high school senior, a 7th grader (both boys. oy) and a more than full time job. Maybe I add another league when my oldest goes off to college.

I've had no luck flipping any more dynasty teams but they are ready for battle. 8 single-QB teams, 16 SF teams and 2 Tri-Flex. I think I sold 6 this year but all before the rookie drafts. I don't have very many tough cuts and we're a few weeks away from that still anyway.

In redraft, I have 18 FPCs already drafted (including one with @menobrown) with plans for 5 more (also including one more with Meno) and 2 Main events to come in September. I'm going to wait until after the preseason week 3 games to hit up the FFPC BB tourney a bit harder (as well as Best Ball Mania III on Underdog)

I've had no luck flipping any more dynasty teams but they are ready for battle. 8 single-QB teams, 16 SF teams and 2 Tri-Flex. I think I sold 6 this year but all before the rookie drafts. I don't have very many tough cuts and we're a few weeks away from that still anyway.

In redraft, I have 18 FPCs already drafted (including one with @menobrown) with plans for 5 more (also including one more with Meno) and 2 Main events to come in September. I'm going to wait until after the preseason week 3 games to hit up the FFPC BB tourney a bit harder (as well as Best Ball Mania III on Underdog)

Just 44 leagues?! slacker

FFPC dynasty folks: If you have Calvin Ridley, what are you doing with him at cutdown? I have him on only one team (superflex, head-to-head), but I've got tough roster cuts to make. It's a strong contending team, and I'm seriously considering cutting him (and forcing another team to blow a chunk of FAAB on him) than just taking a worthless late pick. I've tried to include him in all sorts of packages to rebuilding teams, but there's no interest.

Users who are viewing this thread