What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FILLED - NEW FBG Posters Expert Dynasty League - FILLED (1 Viewer)

lynx4ben

Footballguy
Fantasy Experts Online League

Commish’s Background: First off I’m a fantasy nut. I am in an insane amount of leagues. Many with friends others online with strangers. I have to say the online leagues with posters are by far the best leagues as far as activity, knowledge etc. I am also am very particular about my leagues since I do so many. I like every league to be a blast or I won’t play in it.

League Goal: Activity, Competitiveness, Fun! I seek a highly active, competitive league. In other dynasties I log on and contribute to the league nearly 365 days a year. I expect all owners to be active (logging on weekly, responding to offers, etc). I also expect owners to continuously look to improve their teams. Thus no deadbeats. I encourage forum posting, trash talk, and general nastiness. All in a somewhat respectful manner I suppose ;-)

Players: 12

Cost: $50/yr + $25 deposit for next year.

Prize Pool: $520

Fees: $80 covers website and paypal - anything left over will go back into the pot.

HOW TO JOIN:

Email Me: lynx4ben@gmail.com

or Reply to this thread AND PM

General Rules (More detailed rules will be placed on league site prior to the draft)

Roster

23 Total Players – 3QB, 6RB, 7WR, 3TE, 2D, 2K

Starters – 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1D

2 IR Spots – Only applies to NFL IR or PUP list

4 Taxi Squad Spots – See reply below for taxi squad details.

Waivers – Blind Bidding $100 dollars

Draft – 27 round email draft (will populate taxi first year) I will require you to be active during the draft in order to complete in a reasonable time.

Scoring: The scoring will change SLIGHTLY from what is listed. Most significantly, I will be adding bonus points on TDs 1 pt per 20 WR/RB. 1 pt per 25 QB. Randy moss would have gained 17 last year as a result of this rule. It doesn't have a huge impact.

Here is the basis for my current scoring which isn't yet final:

http://football41.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=38255&O=09

Here is the league website:

http://football41.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/38255

Here are two other leagues I participate in with local friends:

http://www33.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/46820

http://football41.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/37014

Last edited by a moderator:
further explaination of this?

My taxi rules will be fully detailed later but here is a quick summary. Rookies ACQUIRED IN THE OFFSEASON can be on it There is no time limit on how many years a player can be on the taxi. However, once promoted he can never return.

I'm a dynasty rookie...so I'll have lots of questions :lmao:

further explaination of this?My taxi rules will be fully detailed later but here is a quick summary. Rookies ACQUIRED IN THE OFFSEASON can be on it There is no time limit on how many years a player can be on the taxi. However, once promoted he can never return.I'm a dynasty rookie...so I'll have lots of questions :confused:
No problem. One of the main aspects of a dynasty which I forgot to mention is the rookie drafting and scouting. Since in a dynasty you keep your whole team future planning is paramount. Every year we have have another draft to acquire rookies and any available free agents. Since many rookies have huge talent but may not start right away (ala a mendenhall for the Steelers) we implement a taxi squad.A taxi squad represents 4 additional roster spots. Much like an nfl practice squad, players on the taxi cannot be chosen as starters until they are promoted to the active roster of 23 players. There are specific rules I use to govern what players can be on the taxi squad. Off the top of my head this is how it works:1. Only ROOKIES acquired in the OFF-SEASON may be initially added to the squad. This means that any rookies you draft in the rookie draft or any rookie free agents you picked up.2. Players on the taxi squad can stay on indefinitely until they are either promoted or cut. (Still waiting on Robert Meachen to win WR2)3. Once a player is promoted he can never return to a taxi squad.4. Once the season starts free agents may not be added to a taxi squad5. The ONLY way to add a player to a taxi squad besides through the off-season draft/free agency process is to acquire a player via a trade off another persons taxi squad.6. If a rookie was promoted by another team he is not eligible for your taxi squad if acquired via trade.I think that about covers it. For instance in one league I drafted Jonathan Stewart, Joe Flacco, and Earl Bennet in the rookie draft and added them all to my taxi squad. As they develop I will either promote them or cut them.Feel free to keep shooting questions.

further explaination of this?My taxi rules will be fully detailed later but here is a quick summary. Rookies ACQUIRED IN THE OFFSEASON can be on it There is no time limit on how many years a player can be on the taxi. However, once promoted he can never return.I'm a dynasty rookie...so I'll have lots of questions :thumbdown:
Shoot me an email if you want to be setup on the site.

I'm in do you mind if me and a buddy split the team? Doesn't really affect anything and if you have a spot left at the end I"m sure we can talk him into bucking up :shrug:

I'm in do you mind if me and a buddy split the team? Doesn't really affect anything and if you have a spot left at the end I"m sure we can talk him into bucking up :goodposting:
hNo I don't really mind a team being split. The only concern I would have is with commitment. Successful dynasties rely on owners committing year after year. I doubt that would be a problem in this case; but at least one of you would have to be the go to owner.If you want in I will need your email address to send you the invite. Also I accept the buy in via paypal.For everyone else spots are filling fast so let me know.

I am interested. You e-mailed me about the league. d_pendergraft@brenan.com. Were do I mail my money order to. League sounds great.

Doug Pendergraft

4256doug

I am interested. You e-mailed me about the league. d_pendergraft@brenan.com. Were do I mail my money order to. League sounds great.Doug Pendergraft4256doug
Hi doug. Sorry but it filled up right before you responded. You are first on the waiting list if someone backs out.

Users who are viewing this thread