What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Finley misses practice due to unspecified injury? (1 Viewer)

BTW, on the topic of TE's and WW (need it for Zach until Gronk comes back)...why are people so low on Winslow vs. say being much higher on Celek?

Celek was targeted 3 times and caught 2 balls - and had respectable points because of the TD.

Winslow, albeit long in the tooth, was targeted 8 times and caught 7 with a TD as well.

BTW, on the topic of TE's and WW (need it for Zach until Gronk comes back)...why are people so low on Winslow vs. say being much higher on Celek?

Celek was targeted 3 times and caught 2 balls - and had respectable points because of the TD.

Winslow, albeit long in the tooth, was targeted 8 times and caught 7 with a TD as well.
I think the reasons for the buzz about Celek as opposed to the lack thereof for Winslow are:

1) Philly's offense is dynamic but the Jets is not.

2) Winslow's faded from the scene because of injuries so I'm sure a lot of owners will be slow to warm back up to him.

3) A goodly number of people probably didn't go into depth looking at the stats and seeing the targets.

I'll worry about Finley more if he misses tomorrow. The coaching staff probably recognizes he is nicked up a ton and are playing it safe. That's how I'm viewing it until something more substantial comes out.

As for short term Gronk replacement - it has to be Clark or Winslow. High targets with little else taking them away in the passing game. Celek is a nice long term option b/c he's not a washed up old timer that's destined for the injury report, sooner rather than later.

for me it's Celek's potential over Winslow's. Which TE is most likely to be a one-week wonder and a "darling" (I use that term loosely) of the WW....my guess would be Winslow given the difference between the two teams. essentially, it's hard to predict a trend off of one data point (week 1). so, we have to use other corraborating evidence like the team's liklihood to score, offensive scheme, liklihood to win, strength of schedule, etc. to make an informed decision. while the targets were a mismatch and favor winslow, i suspect there will be regression to the mean (i.e. both should receive 4-6 receptions per game); celek just has a higher cieling IMO.

OK, back to finley...sorry to hijack.

Finley has turf toe.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=278

Finley also played through his injury, which he said came on his first reception in the first quarter, when he caught the ball and was running when 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis dove to tackle him from behind

“Willis fell on my heels and all of my toes dorsiflexed. From there, I felt it during the course of the game, but (with an) adrenaline rush and (because I) wanted to be out there, I didn’t really say nothing until after the game,” Finley said. “But me dealing with a turf toe (is no different) than the next guy's. I have the mentality I want to play. I don’t have anything in my mind that I want to sit down Sunday. We have four days until Sunday, so if it’s up to me I’m going to be up there.”

McCarthy, though, said Finley won't practice Thursday, when the team is set to be in pads.
His toes dorsiflexed.

This guy is one of the most overrated TE's in the game. With his size and Rodgers throwing the ball he should dominate games.

This injury is a pretty significant week 1 problem for Finley owners (my opinion), I don't think he plays well through injury and this could linger.

Sucks BC he has a plus matchup this weekend vs a defense that can't cover the tight end for their lives.

In some leagues I managed to get both Cameron and Finley.

In at least half, I just have Finley because waited on TEs and got relatively good value...for one game.

:(

I know it happens every year but it always feels like it's your teams dealing with all the injuries.

* Vereen starts out strong for greeeeeat value - Bye

* R. White has a bum ankle (hope that baby doesn't linger) and hidden from most of us

* Amendola does what he does best - excel at catching the ball and breaking his body

* Wilson was a great value pick, especially after he had the whole gig, only to vomit it up (yes, the fumbles are a brain injury :P )

I'm sad I didn't take Vick in any leagues. As exciting as that first game was, I see him missing limbs by game 3.

He'd be so perfect for my teams now...

Turf toe is scary. Unfortunately must at least consider benching him if you've got another option. I know I'm thinking about it.

I was able to grab Martellus Bennett is my league to cover for Finley should the need arise. I realize that a lot of leagues won't have him available on their waiver wire. Some other options on my wire that Finley owners might Kellen Winslow, Brent Celek, and Tyler Eifert, who I was debating picking up instead of Bennett.

This guy is one of the most overrated TE's in the game. With his size and Rodgers throwing the ball he should dominate games.

This injury is a pretty significant week 1 problem for Finley owners (my opinion), I don't think he plays well through injury and this could linger.
lol?
I wouldn't call Finley overrated. He's one of the most HATED tight ends in the game.
or perhaps overrated over so many seasons that he is now potentially underrated.

I seem to recall he has been "decoy-like" when injured in the past. Can anyone weigh in on this?

Now reading he travelled for treatment.

That isn't good news at all. I'll be smarter in future drafts avoiding injury plagued guys or getting insurance.

Luckily have Cameron in half the leagues with Finley but those I don't... !*&@#^%%%%!

who is the #2 TE in greenbay?
Quarless. In the case Finley does miss time, I would expect Brandon Bostick to be active and get a shot at some PT. Definitely a good deep dynasty league stash since I doubt GB re-signs Finley after this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread