What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

first pick in PPR Superflex (1 Viewer)

jmble

Footballguy
1 point ppr, 12 team Superflex Starts 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2Flex/1Superflex/Kicker/Defense

Is Cooper Kupp the way to go? Taylor or McAffrey? Josh Allen?

Cooper Kupp seems like the best player, but am I better off getting the best RB and grabbing the top WR available at 24?

I really hate having the first pick, I'd much rather be picking six, but here we are. And I only mention Josh Allen because of the Superflex aspect.

12 team superflex is very different than a 10 team superflex. If you take Taylor or Kupp, you don't know if 5 QBs go in the next 22 picks, or 10 QBs, or 15 QBs. It's not easy to win superflex leagues with mediocre QB play. Remember that QBs really rise in value, which means good RBs/WRs will be available much later than a start 1QB league.

I would also go with Allen at 1.01, but I wouldn't fault anyone with taking Taylor or Kupp.

Thanks all. My e-mail draft started at 11:00. All the reading I've done since I asked the question also led me to Allen, so that's who I went with.

Thanks again!

12 team superflex is very different than a 10 team superflex. If you take Taylor or Kupp, you don't know if 5 QBs go in the next 22 picks, or 10 QBs, or 15 QBs. It's not easy to win superflex leagues with mediocre QB play. Remember that QBs really rise in value, which means good RBs/WRs will be available much later than a start 1QB league.

I would also go with Allen at 1.01, but I wouldn't fault anyone with taking Taylor or Kupp.
This is true in the majority of SF leagues but it is very worthwhile to check league history for scoring to see if this is indeed the case. Also, checking league history with regards to draft tendencies of other owners should give you an educated guess as to whether or not the 5/10/15 QB's go off the board in the first couple rounds.

Many people go QB overboard in SF when they shouldn't if the league scoring doesn't support doing so. There is a chance to exploit that but you have to know first.

This is true in the majority of SF leagues but it is very worthwhile to check league history for scoring to see if this is indeed the case. Also, checking league history with regards to draft tendencies of other owners should give you an educated guess as to whether or not the 5/10/15 QB's go off the board in the first couple rounds.

Many people go QB overboard in SF when they shouldn't if the league scoring doesn't support doing so. There is a chance to exploit that but you have to know first.
Thanks Gally,

I joined an online Superflex League this year, so there isn't any history of draft or scoring. I just had to go by gut. I don't usually play with 2 QBs in any of my leagues, so I don't have quite the history of strategy to fall back on.

If this was my regular yearly league, it would be a whole different scenario.

I joined an online Superflex League this year, so there isn't any history of draft or scoring. I just had to go by gut. I don't usually play with 2 QBs in any of my leagues, so I don't have quite the history of strategy to fall back on.
Unless this is the very first year of the league you should be able to check previous years to see how the scoring distribution plays out across positions. For this scenario what matters is the position distribution for the top XX players (starters). If the top 15 scorers are all QB's then you know you have to hit them hard. If it is distributed evenly across positions then you know that QB isn't the must start flex play so you don't have to force a second QB. This is the info you need.

Even if it's the first year of the league you should be able to get an idea of the distro as most host sites allow you to get a projection based order which should give you an idea how they score in your settings.

Users who are viewing this thread