What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First round next year (1 Viewer)

Tiger Fan

Footballguy
The way I look at it, there will be a dropoff after the 4 (maybe 5) spot.I'm sure there will be much debate b/w Alexander, LT, LJ for the #1 pick. I would throw in Barber and Edge to round out the top 5. After that, it could literally be anyone for the rest of the first round. thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
The top five are the guys you named. After that I like Clinton Portis at number six, and then things get really uncertain for me. LaMont Jordan, Rudi Johnson, and Cadillac Williams are the next RBs, IMO, but I'm not sure I like those guys better than Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald.I usually start picking WRs after I've run out of RBs I really feel comfortable with. That's going to happen in 2006 sooner than it did in 2005.

The top five are the guys you named. After that I like Clinton Portis at number six, and then things get really uncertain for me. LaMont Jordan, Rudi Johnson, and Cadillac Williams are the next RBs, IMO, but I'm not sure I like those guys better than Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald.

I usually start picking WRs after I've run out of RBs I really feel comfortable with. That's going to happen in 2006 sooner than it did in 2005.
I'm still up in the air about WRs, since there appears to be a higher concentration of top WRs in 06 than in the past. Also, where TO ends up, who will be OAK QB will play a picture.

1. Alexander- lowest risk, highest consistency makes him he top choice2. LJ- goes to #1 if Priest retires, could be a 30+ TD scorer3. LT2- Despite sub-par last quarter of season, still an elite playersmall drop 4. Edge- consistent as they come5. Barber- multi-faceted threat6. Portis- returned to elite status

Keep in mind I'm a Skins homer, but....

1. LJ

2. SA

3. Portis

4. Tiki

5. LT2

6. Edge

big dropoff
Why the big drop off for L. Jordan and R. Johnson???R. Johnson will be coming off back to back top 10 fantasy seasons with no signs of regression.

L. Jordan is coming off of his first season as a full time starter and finished top 10 even though he missed the last 2 games.

I like the list but Johnson and Jordan should be on that list and then a big drop off IMO.

S. Jackson could be close to that list as well.

Keep in mind I'm a Skins homer, but....

1. LJ

2. SA

3. Portis

4. Tiki

5. LT2

6. Edge

big dropoff
Why the big drop off for L. Jordan and R. Johnson???R. Johnson will be coming off back to back top 10 fantasy seasons with no signs of regression.

L. Jordan is coming off of his first season as a full time starter and finished top 10 even though he missed the last 2 games.

I like the list but Johnson and Jordan should be on that list and then a big drop off IMO.

S. Jackson could be close to that list as well.
Sorry, Lamont Jordan is going to need more than one season to be considered with the elite RBs. Your love for him should not blind you of that fact. Lamont had a great year, don't get me wrong, but you can't put him in the same tier as those guys yet. I mean, does that mean Thomas Jones should be put in that tier as well...he has had two back to back good seasons....same with Warrick Dunn.

You can't add Johnson or Jordan with those RBs yet, because they are not even the surefire next picks.

Those top 6 RBs should be going top 6 FOR SURE. That means there is a dropoff to the next tier.

All i know is i get Tiki in the 2nd round every year....Last season he was 2nd in our league in points and i got him mid 2nd..He always falls...Always

1. SA2. LJ, given things don't change in KC.3. LT4. Portis5. Edge6. Rudi7. Jordan8. BarberAfter Barber there seems to be a rather large drop IMO.

All i know is i get Tiki in the 2nd round every year....Last season he was 2nd in our league in points and i got him mid 2nd..He always falls...Always
He went 6th overall in my league this year.

1. SA

2. LJ, given things don't change in KC.

3. LT

4. Portis

5. Edge

6. Rudi

7. Jordan

8. Barber

After Barber there seems to be a rather large drop IMO.
How can you put RBs like Rudi Johnson and Jordan in the list so easily to say there will be a big drop off to Steven Jackson, Thomas Jones, Carnell Williams, Westbrook or Deuce?I don't think you can easily say that, and hence you can't lump them in the same tier as the Top RBs.

Tier 1 - SA, LT, LJ

Tier 2 - Edge

Tier 3 - Barber, Portis

...dropoff...

How can you put RBs like Rudi Johnson and Jordan in the list so easily to say there will be a big drop off to Steven Jackson, Thomas Jones, Carnell Williams, Westbrook or Deuce?

I don't think you can easily say that, and hence you can't lump them in the same tier as the Top RBs.

Tier 1 - SA, LT, LJ

Tier 2 - Edge

Tier 3 - Barber, Portis

...dropoff...

What more does Rudi Johnson have to do around here to get any credit? This is enough for me:

2003 cin | 13 | 215 957 4.5 9 | 21 146 7.0 0 || 2004 cin | 16 | 361 1454 4.0 12 | 15 84 5.6 0 || 2005 cin | 16 | 337 1458 4.3 12 | 23 90 3.9 0That's back to back seasons with 1450+ on the ground and 12 TDs! He would have 3 seasons in a row like that, but took over late in 2003. His O is one of the very best in the NFL and he is surounded with talent all over the place. Teams can't just stack up to stop him with Palmer and Chad. Perry has a very small threat as we have seen 2 years in a row.Jordan has proven capable of handling the load for a full season now and also proved to be the multipurpose RB that Truner envisioned. He is solid at running the ball and even better catching it. Near 1600 total yds and 11 TDs in only 14 games playing in a Turner O along side Moss tells me he is a tier above the others you list.

Still way too early for me to look at the 2006 draft with any certainty. To many things can happen between now and then.Will Alexander re-sign with Seattle and does Hutchinson re-sign as well (can't tag both of them). Will Edge re-sign with the Colts. Does Priest come back, does Roaf come back, does Shields come back, who is the coach of KC, all could affect LJ.Does Ricky Williams get traded somewhere (could move both Ronnie Brown and him up).Right now with the situations at status quo, I'd go:1. Alexander2. Larry Johnson3. Tomlinson4. Edge5. Tiki JUST FOR KICKS: If Alexander signs with say...Cleveland. Edge signs with say...Arizona. Priest comes back, Roaf and Shields retire. Ricky gets traded to Seattle. I might be tempted to say:1. Tomlinson2. Williams3. Alexander4. Tiki5. LJ6. Edge

That's back to back seasons with 1450+ on the ground and 12 TDs! He would have 3 seasons in a row like that, but took over late in 2003. His O is one of the very best in the NFL and he is surounded with talent all over the place. Teams can't just stack up to stop him with Palmer and Chad. Perry has a very small threat as we have seen 2 years in a row.
Rudi Johnson doesn't get enough total yards to be lumped in with the likes of Alexander, Tiki, LJ, Edge, Tomlinson, and Portis. He's all rushing totals and that's it. Wide receivers are getting more yards than him. Because of such there has to be a huge dropoff from yardage RB's to him. Each one of those backs listed has the ability to get anywere from 300-700 more total yards and at worst the same amount of TD's.IMO, Lamont Jordan is a much better play in the first round because he is used in the passing game. Thus he's a safer pick because he doesn't have to gain 2000 yards on the ground and have 20+ TDs to be a top guy.Kudos to Rudi Johnson for consistency but in a 12 team league he's should be a 2nd round pick.

That's back to back seasons with 1450+ on the ground and 12 TDs! He would have 3 seasons in a row like that, but took over late in 2003. His O is one of the very best in the NFL and he is surounded with talent all over the place. Teams can't just stack up to stop him with Palmer and Chad. Perry has a very small threat as we have seen 2 years in a row.
Rudi Johnson doesn't get enough total yards to be lumped in with the likes of Alexander, Tiki, LJ, Edge, Tomlinson, and Portis. He's all rushing totals and that's it. Wide receivers are getting more yards than him. Because of such there has to be a huge dropoff from yardage RB's to him. Each one of those backs listed has the ability to get anywere from 300-700 more total yards and at worst the same amount of TD's.IMO, Lamont Jordan is a much better play in the first round because he is used in the passing game. Thus he's a safer pick because he doesn't have to gain 2000 yards on the ground and have 20+ TDs to be a top guy.

Kudos to Rudi Johnson for consistency but in a 12 team league he's should be a 2nd round pick.
Much like I had this debate last year in regards to SA vs LT.... Rudi is a CONSISTENT TD scorer and in an O that will keep him that way so long as he is healthy. These types of guys are rare IMO. Most RBs depend of yds for consistency. 9, 12 and 12 TDs is no fluke. So while you guys are all harping on yds and rec, I'll take the guy who is on a team that is proven to not only give their RB chances to score but also a guy who is proven to be able to convert them. Cinci's O is simply too good for Rudi to score much less.

Assuming none of the major free agents (i.e. Alexander and Edge) change teams, I would feel very comfortable with any of the following players in the first round in this order at this time:1. Alexander2. Johnson3. TomlinsonDROP-OFF4. EdgeDROP-OFF5. Portis6. BarberDROP-OFF7. L.Jordan8. R.Johnson9. Jackson10. C.WilliamsAfter that I think it gets dicey. Do you reach for a guy like Dunn, who performed well but just doesn't "feel" like a first-round pick or a RB1? Dillon looks like a safe pick but I worry about all the tread on those tires. I like Wesbtbrook quite a bit, but he has durability issues as well (I also have some durability concerns about Cadillac and Jackson, but their overall talent would prevent me from passing on them late in the first -- I also think Jackson gets helped immensely by having a new head coach).I do think if you're sitting in the first six you're going to feel a lot more comfortable heading into your draft because -- assuming you're going to take a RB first -- you will get one of the few RBs who have proven to be consistent. It's possible someone else on the list will emerge but with this group you can feel safe you're going to get RB1 production the majority of the season. It'll be very interesting to see what the Texans do if they draft Bush as expected. If it turns out to be a RBBC situation with Bush and Davis then Bush's value takes a major hit. But if they decide to give the job to Bush and relegate Davis to the bench than Bush has a chance to be a Top 10 fantasy RB since Davis has reached that status during his time as a starter. So that situation will bear close watching in the off-season.

Much like I had this debate last year in regards to SA vs LT.... Rudi is a CONSISTENT TD scorer and in an O that will keep him that way so long as he is healthy. These types of guys are rare IMO. Most RBs depend of yds for consistency. 9, 12 and 12 TDs is no fluke. So while you guys are all harping on yds and rec, I'll take the guy who is on a team that is proven to not only give their RB chances to score but also a guy who is proven to be able to convert them. Cinci's O is simply too good for Rudi to score much less.
I think I remember you saying something like that in the McGahee thread (I think?). But that is where I said I'd much rather have a yardage guy over a TD guy, because the yardage guy is a safer play with a higher ceiling than a guy who gets mediocre yardage totals with TD totals. Yardage is much easier to predict than TD's. But part of your argument is also a weakness. True the Bengals O is good and will keep the defenses honest, but it will also limit the production Rudi will get. Unlike the year Jamal Lewis had when the Ravens leaned on him to get 2000 yards, because of the good passing game the Bengals have, they won't lean on the run so he probably won't all of a sudden get 2000 rushing yards or even 1800. An optimist would probably top him out at around 1600, and that's being optimistic. So that comes back to the TD's. In order to be in the league of Tiki, Alexander, Johnson, LT, Edge and on a lesser extent guys like Portis and McCallister he has to get MORE THAN 12 TDs or else you have to think there is a big drop between him and the other guys mentioned.IMO, here are a list of players who are better than Rudi for Fantasy purposes:AlexanderLJLTEdgeTikiPortisJordanAnd here are RB's who have a legitimate shot to outscore Rudi.McCallisterRicky Williams (if traded)Dom Davis (if Reggie Bush isn't around)WestbrookIt's not that I don't like Rudi, but I don't want him as my number #1 RB. He reminds me of a Curtis Martin-type you know what your getting player that makes a perfect 2nd round pick.

Rudi Johnson doesn't get enough total yards to be lumped in with the likes of Alexander, Tiki, LJ, Edge, Tomlinson, and Portis. He's all rushing totals and that's it. Wide receivers are getting more yards than him. Because of such there has to be a huge dropoff from yardage RB's to him. Each one of those backs listed has the ability to get anywere from 300-700 more total yards and at worst the same amount of TD's.IMO, Lamont Jordan is a much better play in the first round because he is used in the passing game. Thus he's a safer pick because he doesn't have to gain 2000 yards on the ground and have 20+ TDs to be a top guy.

Kudos to Rudi Johnson for consistency but in a 12 team league he's should be a 2nd round pick.
This might be the perception but the numbers prove otherwise. Rudi Johnson may be the most consistent RB the last two years.2004: 1,457 yds rushing, 84 yds receiving, 12 TD's

2005: 1,458 yds rushing, 90 yds receiving, 12 TD's

You can't get much more consistent than that. He finished seventh in my league(non-ppr), which would make him a first round pick. Most people will still consider him a second round pick so if you pick at the beginning of the second round he will make a very safe and valuable pick at that position.

IMO, Lamont Jordan is a much better play in the first round because he is used in the passing game. Thus he's a safer pick because he doesn't have to gain 2000 yards on the ground and have 20+ TDs to be a top guy.
Jordan is likely to have a new QB, a new coach and a new offense in 2006. I would expect that most coaches, looking at Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Gabriel and Curry, will spend less time dumping off to a mediocre receiving back and more time passing the ball.

It's not that I don't like Rudi, but I don't want him as my number #1 RB. He reminds me of a Curtis Martin-type you know what your getting player that makes a perfect 2nd round pick.
Rudi will be once again had for 2nd round value next year, I'm sure of it. People simply don't like the guy because he is not flashy and in fantasy cirlces is an after thought to Palmer and Chad. I was able to land Rudi for 3rd round value each of the last 2 years in redraft and both times he DID provide 1st round value finishing as RB8 and then RB7. Yes, I consider top 10 RBs 1st round values regardeless of the overall rank. I expect to have to draft Rudi in the 2nd next year as he is starting to catch on a bit. Still he will provide his owners once again with top 10 RB production though. Rudi may not have the ceiling of the other RBs in the top 10, but he does have a more proven track rcord than Jordan and his age is much more desireable than Tiki's IMO. The proof is in the pudding as they say. Despite this lack of "upside" you keep refering to, Rudi has managed back to back top 10 finishes and is on one of the most dangerous and consistent Os in the NFL. He doesn't get hurt or at least grinds though the minor injuries and is the featured RB on that team. What more do you want out of a top 10 RB?

This might be the perception but the numbers prove otherwise. Rudi Johnson may be the most consistent RB the last two years.

2004: 1,457 yds rushing, 84 yds receiving, 12 TD's

You can't get much more consistent than that. He finished seventh in my league(non-ppr), which would make him a first round pick. Most people will still consider him a second round pick so if you pick at the beginning of the second round he will make a very safe and valuable pick at that position.
This really is the beauty of Rudi Johnson in my opinion. I also believe he's a Top 10 RB but the odds are you won't have to spend a first-round pick to get him. So you can get him as your RB2 and essentially (assuming your RB1 doesn't bust out) have two RB1s on your roster all season long. Helluva advantage if you can get it.

This might be the perception but the numbers prove otherwise. Rudi Johnson may be the most consistent RB the last two years.2004: 1,457 yds rushing, 84 yds receiving, 12 TD's2005: 1,458 yds rushing, 90 yds receiving, 12 TD'sYou can't get much more consistent than that. He finished seventh in my league(non-ppr), which would make him a first round pick. Most people will still consider him a second round pick so if you pick at the beginning of the second round he will make a very safe and valuable pick at that position.
This conversation got started because someone said there was a big drop between Rudi/Lamont and the other guys (Tiki, LJ etc.). That is correct there is.Actually the perception I have is that he is a second round pick. And I believe that perception is correct. In 2005: He was the #7 back but #12 overall.In 2004: He was the #8 back but #20 overall.In my league this year he was #7 RB, but was 40 FP behind the #5 guy. Thats a big drop and I'm not even talking PPR. Rudi is the type of back you pair up with a risky play at the turn with a boom/bust guy like SJax or McGahee. IMO he should be taken somewhere between 12-16.

This might be the perception but the numbers prove otherwise. Rudi Johnson may be the most consistent RB the last two years.

This conversation got started because someone said there was a big drop between Rudi/Lamont and the other guys (Tiki, LJ etc.). That is correct there is.Actually the perception I have is that he is a second round pick. And I believe that perception is correct.

In 2005: He was the #7 back but #12 overall.

In 2004: He was the #8 back but #20 overall.

In my league this year he was #7 RB, but was 40 FP behind the #5 guy. Thats a big drop and I'm not even talking PPR. Rudi is the type of back you pair up with a risky play at the turn with a boom/bust guy like SJax or McGahee. IMO he should be taken somewhere between 12-16.
Speaking for myself, I would much prefer to get Rudi in the second round as my RB2 because, as I stated before I believe the opportunity to have two RB1s is too good to pass up and that's what Rudi can provide. However, if I'm sitting outside the Top 6 in the first round next season I may not be able to pass up on Rudi in the first round given the consistency I know he can provide -- as opposed to players such as Jackson and Williams, for example, who I believe have higher upsides but carry more risk (namely due to their durability concerns). And I should say when I'm talking about my league it's a non-PPR league.

This conversation got started because someone said there was a big drop between Rudi/Lamont and the other guys (Tiki, LJ etc.). That is correct there is.Actually the perception I have is that he is a second round pick. And I believe that perception is correct.

In 2005: He was the #7 back but #12 overall.

In 2004: He was the #8 back but #20 overall.

In my league this year he was #7 RB, but was 40 FP behind the #5 guy. Thats a big drop and I'm not even talking PPR. Rudi is the type of back you pair up with a risky play at the turn with a boom/bust guy like SJax or McGahee. IMO he should be taken somewhere between 12-16.
If he's a second round pick, it's one of the first few picks of the second round. Because RB's are more valuable in FF, I believe his value is a little higher than the #12 overall. These are the type of players you want to target in FF because of the value you can get from them. Like Tiki in the past, everyone will keep undrerrating Rudi and he will make a great second round pick. I don't think we're really that far off on Rudi's value, I'm just saying his numbers put him in the first round. If he's there for any pick in the second round take him and don't look back.

IMO, Lamont Jordan is a much better play in the first round because he is used in the passing game.  Thus he's a safer pick because he doesn't have to gain 2000 yards on the ground and have 20+ TDs to be a top guy.
Jordan is likely to have a new QB, a new coach and a new offense in 2006. I would expect that most coaches, looking at Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Gabriel and Curry, will spend less time dumping off to a mediocre receiving back and more time passing the ball.
Turner is not gone yet. But even with a new coach Jordan will be just fine. Will he have 70 receptions again? probably not. But he will still catch 40-50 balls out of the backfield and his rushing totals are going to come up as well. Therefore I see it all balancing out. He will have 1600 plus total yards of offense next year and 10 plus td's (Heck he did that in 14 games this year). Jordan is a good back who will again finish as a top 10 fantasy RB next year with a chance of being top 5. IMO Jordan is not getting enough credit for his 1600 yards of offense and 11 TD's. Just ask Crockett how many goaline touches he saw this year and when he did see them how hard it was for him to convert them. (thinking back to the last game of the year when Jordan did not play and Crockett was stuffed 4 times in a row in NY). That offense line was so inconsistent and frusturating to watch yet Jordan had one of the best goaline conversion percentages in the league and finised as a top 10 RB this season.

Also, having a good WR core helps out a RB. And if they are good recieving RB's it is even more advantagious. Just ask Marshal Faulk in the glory days and E. James now.

Do I think L. Jordan fits into the safest picks of the top 5 for next season?

1) SA

2) L.T.

3) L.Johnson

drop off

4) E. James

5) T. Barber

No.

But,

I feel Jordan, Portis, R.Johnson and S. Jackson have solidified being mentioned as the next best 4 RB options for next season:

6) Jordan

7) Portis

8) R. Johnson

9) S. Jackson

10) McGahee

11) C. Williams

12) B. Westbrook

13) T. Jones

14) W. Dunn

15) C. Dillion

Won't Chris Perry be more of a threat to Rudi Johnson next year? Thats what makes me hesitate taking in next years draft...

Won't Chris Perry be more of a threat to Rudi Johnson next year? Thats what makes me hesitate taking in next years draft...
Perry will be the change of pace RB again next season and take away the receptions from Rudi. If it ain't broke then don't fix it philosophy, it worked wonderful this year so I beg it will change much if any next season. Rudi's numbers will not regress nor will they take a huge jump. That is why I feel he will finish next years season with similiar numbers to the previous 2 years thus putting him as a safe play to finish in the 7-12 range next season with an outside shot at higher.

How can you put RBs like Rudi Johnson and Jordan in the list so easily to say there will be a big drop off to Steven Jackson, Thomas Jones, Carnell Williams, Westbrook or Deuce?

I don't think you can easily say that, and hence you can't lump them in the same tier as the Top RBs.

Tier 1 - SA, LT, LJ

Tier 2 - Edge

Tier 3 - Barber, Portis

...dropoff...
What more does Rudi Johnson have to do around here to get any credit? This is enough for me:

2003 cin | 13 | 215 957 4.5 9 | 21 146 7.0 0 || 2004 cin | 16 | 361 1454 4.0 12 | 15 84 5.6 0 || 2005 cin | 16 | 337 1458 4.3 12 | 23 90 3.9 0That's back to back seasons with 1450+ on the ground and 12 TDs! He would have 3 seasons in a row like that, but took over late in 2003. His O is one of the very best in the NFL and he is surounded with talent all over the place. Teams can't just stack up to stop him with Palmer and Chad. Perry has a very small threat as we have seen 2 years in a row.Jordan has proven capable of handling the load for a full season now and also proved to be the multipurpose RB that Truner envisioned. He is solid at running the ball and even better catching it. Near 1600 total yds and 11 TDs in only 14 games playing in a Turner O along side Moss tells me he is a tier above the others you list.

Alexander was always getting the shaft too. The last 2 years the board was full of Portis, Deuce, this guy and that guy would do better than SA. Even after last year there was still a bunch of it htis year. Some guys don't give the love. Keep him on the low-hype list so I can scoop him up late in the first or around the turn. I think he's as solid as Edge and Portis. And if the injury to Perry was serious (I have no idea) it could add to his value.

One other thing, Alexander gets top nod ONLY if he's on the Seahawks.

I guess it's possible, but I think he'll probably fill the same role he had this year, which is catching a lot of passes out of the backfield.

Just noticing Portis hasn't gotten this much love around here in a while. I have a keeper decision between L Jordan and Portis, so this is a super thread. Carry on.

Just noticing Portis hasn't gotten this much love around here in a while. I have a keeper decision between L Jordan and Portis, so this is a super thread. Carry on.
IMO Flip a coin. Portis does have the age advantage though.

Where does KJ get consideration? I think the top picks will make out at the turn in the 2nd and 3rd round again next year. 2nd round looks to be a crap shoot and 2.10-12 could be as good as 2.01-03... Speculation, but after round 1 I have no idea where to rank them.

It's not that I don't like Rudi, but I don't want him as my number #1 RB.  He reminds me of a Curtis Martin-type you know what your getting player that makes a perfect 2nd round pick.
Rudi will be once again had for 2nd round value next year, I'm sure of it. People simply don't like the guy because he is not flashy and in fantasy cirlces is an after thought to Palmer and Chad. I was able to land Rudi for 3rd round value each of the last 2 years in redraft and both times he DID provide 1st round value finishing as RB8 and then RB7. Yes, I consider top 10 RBs 1st round values regardeless of the overall rank. I expect to have to draft Rudi in the 2nd next year as he is starting to catch on a bit. Still he will provide his owners once again with top 10 RB production though. Rudi may not have the ceiling of the other RBs in the top 10, but he does have a more proven track rcord than Jordan and his age is much more desireable than Tiki's IMO. The proof is in the pudding as they say. Despite this lack of "upside" you keep refering to, Rudi has managed back to back top 10 finishes and is on one of the most dangerous and consistent Os in the NFL. He doesn't get hurt or at least grinds though the minor injuries and is the featured RB on that team. What more do you want out of a top 10 RB?
I agree with you 100%, I was laughed at when I drafted him when he was the #2 in Cincy and he has been consistant every year since. Portis was on the pine this year (Dynasty) because of Rudi. :thumbup:

My very rough shot at RB rank for next year in non-PPR.1. SA2. LJ3. LT4. Edge5. Barber6. Portis7. Rudi Johnson8. Starter in Houston (Davis or Bush)9. Deuce McAllister10. Carnell Williams11. Lamont Jordan12. Corey Dillon13. Denver starter (rookie, FA, Bell/Anderson)14. Brian Westbrook15. McGahee

Turner is not gone yet.
You were saying?
The Raiders fired head coach Norv Turner on Tuesday, three days after his team finished a second consecutive losing season. Oakland lost its final six games and ended the year with a 4-12 record. He had one season remaining on his contract with the club.

Jordan is likely to have a new QB, a new coach and a new offense in 2006.  I would expect that most coaches, looking at Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Gabriel and Curry, will spend less time dumping off to a mediocre receiving back and more time passing the ball.
Turner is not gone yet.
You were saying?
The Raiders fired head coach Norv Turner on Tuesday, three days after his team finished a second consecutive losing season. Oakland lost its final six games and ended the year with a 4-12 record. He had one season remaining on his contract with the club.
I will just repost what I said in full not leaving anything out:Turner is not gone yet. But even with a new coach Jordan will be just fine. Will he have 70 receptions again? probably not. But he will still catch 40-50 balls out of the backfield and his rushing totals are going to come up as well. Therefore I see it all balancing out. He will have 1600 plus total yards of offense next year and 10 plus td's (Heck he did that in 14 games this year). Jordan is a good back who will again finish as a top 10 fantasy RB next year with a chance of being top 5.

IMO Jordan is not getting enough credit for his 1600 yards of offense and 11 TD's. Just ask Crockett how many goaline touches he saw this year and when he did see them how hard it was for him to convert them. (thinking back to the last game of the year when Jordan did not play and Crockett was stuffed 4 times in a row in NY). That offense line was so inconsistent and frusturating to watch yet Jordan had one of the best goaline conversion percentages in the league and finised as a top 10 RB this season.

Also, having a good WR core helps out a RB. And if they are good recieving RB's it is even more advantagious. Just ask Marshal Faulk in the glory days and E. James now.

Users who are viewing this thread