What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Round Playoff Lineup Question (1 Viewer)

mogrod

Footballguy
Do I dare sit Breece Hall for Zeke this week in the first round of my 10 team, .5 PPR playoffs?

That Jets team just can not block and do not stay on the field long enough to get anything going or get a lot of touches for Hall. Plus, the Texans have been pretty good against the run. BUT he does have the higher ceiling in his range of outcomes especially if he can break out a couple of long plays and will likely catch 4-5+ passes.

Patriots offense is really bad also but they are committed to running and running a lot, and have a good run block grade. Steelers have been run on some lately too. BUT I don't see Zeke having that potential higher ceiling game.

Thoughts? Would anyone start a Keaton Mitchell or Roschon Johnson instead? And, if it were your team, and you would pick Zeke, would you be fine the the chance you would have a bog game from Breece on your bench?

Thank you for all of your suggestions!

Fore reference, here is the matchup as of now:

Me:
QB: Allen
RB: Bijan
RB: Breece
WR: Diggs
WR: Evans
TE: LaPorta
FLX: Puca
DEF: HOU
K: Aubrey

Them:
QB: Herbert
RB: Ekeler
RB: Montgomery
WR: Allen
WR: Waddle
TE: Pitts
FLX: Etienne
DEF: PHI
K: Elliott

Last edited:
You look to be a heavy favorite so I would understand playing Zeke as he should have a decent floor. I am just not sure if it is any better than Hall's floor. Hall is definitely the upside play and if you were an underdog he would be the easy choice. I just don't like Zeke this week on a short week against a good defense. I stick with Hall. I would feel better about myself.

You look to be a heavy favorite so I would understand playing Zeke as he should have a decent floor. I am just not sure if it is any better than Hall's floor. Hall is definitely the upside play and if you were an underdog he would be the easy choice. I just don't like Zeke this week on a short week against a good defense. I stick with Hall. I would feel better about myself.

That's funny (not that I take huge stock in these) but both the ESPN site and FantasyPros has me projected to lose. But yea, I keep coming back to THAT possibility that Breece could have a good game. Maybe with all the crap surrounding that team polarizes them and they play better overall. Maybe Hall breaks a couple of big plays and/or they somehow get inside the 5 one or two times that gets Breece some TD chances. The Texans, even as good as they have played defensively, especially lately as they are now pretty healthy, has had issues stopping RBs in the green zone and have given up some big plays. But man it's been brutal seeing Breece put up small fantasy numbers, even with the pass catching. And I've seen rankings have him anywhere from 10-11 to late 20's, but all have him ahead of Zeke.

I think it's just that thought gnawing at me that I go with Breece (if anything because I would hate to have the chance he goes off on my bench), he puts up another single-digit game while Zeke gets 13-14+ on volume alone and I lose a close match and I'm bounced from the payoffs. Any regular season game, I would just run it with Breece. I just don't want to pick my lineup based on name cache.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Looks like the decision might be made for me as Breece isn't practicing again today. I don't have any better options if I wait it out and he ends up not playing after all. Either way, he's clearly banged up in nasty weather conditions.

One more thing to get some opinions on...

Puka already in a tough matchup and now predicting poential downpour of rain and 30 mph wind gusts. Still a tad early to say for sure but will at least have rain throughout. You guys think I should...

hold on to Puka in lineup for now for the chance the rain forecast gets a better outcome and it won't be a major factor and, if it is going to be a factor, pivot to the likes of Addison, K Mitchell, Higgins or pickup Elijah Moore (barring Cooper out and Flaco starting, but again some rain chances)?

OR,

just pivot tonight and play a Warren or D Johnson in his place?

Users who are viewing this thread