What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

first year Dynasty Draft Rd 3 help ,PPR ,Pick is in next hour (1 Viewer)

umrebel

Footballguy
First year I've ever been involved in a dynasty league / draft. I was asked to join at the same time my first round pick was up (no time limit), so I quickly linked the league with FG and looked at a draft list.. Which by the way doesn't really look at all the same as the Dominator stats.

Anyway, 25 rounds, you keep the player you draft as long as you want. 14 teams, I had pick 11 (took Mahomes 6pt pass TD, QB Friendly, whole career, etc..) came back and took Karryon in the 2nd. Now in the Third, I am 3 picks away with Allen, Thieland, diggs all available. I get it, they are consistent and what not, but will I be killing myself for this season by passing on one of these players and drafting Aaron Jones (if available)? This is a 3WR plus Flex league and a PPR (which I have no feel for a 3WR / PPR league). Am I crazy thinking Jones won't make it to the 4th, and I'd be fine with say Galladay, Mike Williams, or DJ Moore for the upside down the line? which direction would you go? I figured if I waited this long, whats another round? or do I need to go WR/WR here?

thanks in advance.. Bestball doesn't prepare you for dynasty i've found 😉 

Take your highest rated player.  Don't worry about positions unless you have two guys rated exactly the same.  Positions will sort themselves out.  Obtain talent that is the most important thing.

What if my highest Rated is higher than FG highest rated ? 😉  Just kidding, from experience I do better accepting my pick as a bad pick than I do drafting someone just b/c he is on a list higher. Then I just end up kicking myself for not going with my gut.

Users who are viewing this thread