What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fleaflicker API + Noob Stats™ (1 Viewer)

tduebber

Footballguy
Hey FBG. Finally got my account approved

So I run a league through Fleaflicker.com with a fully custom scoring ruleset that I developed to replicate real NFL player/positional value. I'm not a math guy at all, but I started wondering if it might be possible to develop a PFF-ish stat for my league that can fully represent a player's value with one number (obviously a lot easier in fantasy where points are the only consideration). Running into some issues so I thought I'd drop them here.

First, Fleaflicker has no easy way to export stats. They have an API but I'm not a coder at all (and my coder friend said it'd be tedious even for him) so the best thing I have is a really clunky copy/paste method that takes forever. Does anyone know anything about the API/alternate tools that might help me?

Second, I'm fairly sure of how the calculation would work but I wanted to get a second opinion. The factors would be
  1. Average scoring per week
  2. Total scoring season-to-date
  3. Average scoring percentile relative to position
  4. Total scoring season-to-date relative to position
  5. Consistency (fleaflicker stat that quantifies week to week scoring fluctuation)
All five would be converted to a 0-100 scale and then combined- using some kind of weighting system- to make the final number. Does anyone see anything wrong with the method/factors/etc? More importantly, does anyone know what the best way to calculate all this crap at least semi-automatically would be?

I think that's all for now. Whole thing is never going to go anywhere if I can't make it so it's really easy to update all the player values.... probably a tall order, especially for an English major such as myself.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread