What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Flip, FLOP? (1 Viewer)

eighsse2

Footballguy
So my dad and I were playing each other in our dynasty league this weekend. All of our players were finished after the 4:25 games, nobody last night or tonight. Barring any ridiculous scores tonight, we have the two highest scores of the 12-team league.

After all of those 4 o'clock games were final, I finished with a lead of less than 1 point. He hadn't looked at the fantasy score since the end of the 1:00 games, because he had the Patriots-Cowboys game recorded and was watching it. I went to bed with that lead, and he didn't know what the final score was yet.

I tend to wake up a couple times while I'm sleeping and look at my phone real quick. Well he had sent me a message saying something to the effect that the game was very close and that he had won. So I check the fantasy score and apparently there was a stat correction giving his NE DST a fumble recovery for 1 point! So he never even knew I had won it at first.

Then sometime between then and this morning, it flipped back to me! His NE fumble recovery was removed, and somehow or another I gained a point as well. So I (FOR NOW) ended up winning by a little more than a point.

Has anyone seen a double flip before? I don't think I've ever even seen a flip. Although, some may have happened and I wouldn't have noticed if it didn't involve my team. But a double flip? That was crazy.

I was in an IDP league where you had to start about as many defensive players as offensive ones. And matchups flipped frequently after scoring corrections. I don't play in that league anymore because I just didn't like how every close matchup you had to sweat the stat corrections.

I've never seen a double flip though. That must suck to be on the wrong end of one.

Never. I have am something like 6-0 in flips in my career. I could not imagine the gut punch of being on the opposite side, especially against my snot-nosed son.

I’ve seen a flip a few times. Some examples are passes that later get corrected to laterals or vice versa.
4th down defensive plays that had a fumble are also a mess because if the ball is short of the line to gain it can often be recorded wrong because the end result during the game is the same either way in the other team getting the ball. So it doesn’t really matter at the time of the ball was fumbled, or fumbled and recovered by the defense or offense because in every scenario the defensive team gets the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread