What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys.com 2006 Season Starts Now (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
This is more of a soft launch as we will roll out rankings, player pages and team pages in the days following the NFL Draft.

But we have a few features you might be interested in:

$50,000 Subscriber Contest Details - Yes you heard us right. 50 Large. Paying 200 spots.

What's New in 2006? - We detail our gameplan for the 2006 season here.

Why Subscribe to Footballguys? - We give 14 solid reasons why you can't go wrong subscribing to us. The biggest is that we offer a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE until September 30th, 2006 if you are not satisfied.

Links and Team Links - All updated as of yesterday.

Bios - Fresh 2006 Bios for the staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
When does it start?
When does what start?You can enter the contest starting on August 5th.You can subscribe now. All material after July 15th on the website will be pay.1st Rankings will debut by May 2nd1st Projections will debut by May 7thTeam and Player Pages will debut starting on May 2ndPodcast will start in July. It will be free through the preseason and pay during the season.

Joe and I have done our best to keep the cost constant for a subscription as we have added more tools each year
Thanks for giving the message board a shout out! :thumbup: <_<

This is more of a soft launch as we will roll out rankings, player pages and team pages in the days following the NFL Draft.

$50,000 Subscriber Contest Details - Yes you heard us right. 50 Large. Paying 200 spots.

Why Subscribe to Footballguys? - We give 14 solid reasons why you can't go wrong subscribing to us. The biggest is that we offer a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE until September 30th, 2006 if you are not satisfied.

Bios. Check out the front page for fresh bios on the staff.
Can someone please explain why Floridians are not eligible for any prizes?

Is there a magazine this year? And if so is there an option I can pay for it at the same time I do my early bird subscription?

TIA.

Yes there will be a magazine. We will take pre-orders on the magazine starting in Mid-May. It will ship around June 20th.

Has to do with your state's gambling laws. Most states do not consider our contest gambling. Florida does.

Bios - Fresh 2006 Bios for the staff.
I am sure I speak for the majority when I say you guys deserve to get your money because this is by far the best FF site! I would donate the money if you didn't have a subscription. FWIW I am signed for 3 more, even if I don't play you deserve it for your efforts.

Has to do with your state's gambling laws. Most states do not consider our contest gambling. Florida does.
Here's the opinion letter from the FLA State Attorney: Link.

I took the plunge.
Thank you bankerguy. We'll do our best for you.J
Does this also mean no more timeouts from Shick? ;)

Was poking around the site looks good. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wondering if have stats on 100 yard games for RB and WR's

Also looking for 300 yard games by QB's.

We get big bonuses in our league for this.

yea but:
SUMMARY:

Section 849.14, F.S., prohibits the operation of and participation in a fantasy sports league whereby contestants pay an entry fee for the opportunity to select actual professional sports players to make up a fantasy team whose actual performance statistics result in cash payments from the contestants' entry fees to the contestant with the best fantasy team.
We aren't paying an entry fee for the contest. We are paying a subscriber fee for the website content. The contest is just a perk of subscribing to the website. Because of that we here in Florida should be eligible for the prizes.

yea but:
SUMMARY:

Section 849.14, F.S., prohibits the operation of and participation in a fantasy sports league whereby contestants pay an entry fee for the opportunity to select actual professional sports players to make up a fantasy team whose actual performance statistics result in cash payments from the contestants' entry fees to the contestant with the best fantasy team.
We aren't paying an entry fee for the contest. We are paying a subscriber fee for the website content. The contest is just a perk of subscribing to the website. Because of that we here in Florida should be eligible for the prizes.
Hi Valence,Believe me I'd love to agree with you as it would keep me from having to answer tons of emails like this one. We're giving away a ton of money, I don't care who we give it to.

But our legal counsel has decided this one for us. I'm sorry but we can't allow Florida. I hate it too. But that's just how they make us do it.

J

yea but:
SUMMARY:

My reading of the interpretation is that residents of Florida could win a cash prize from the contest only if it were a free contest open to everyone, subscriber or not. Since this contest is for subscribers only, the fee is mandatory for entry, thereby in violation of this statute.

yea but:
SUMMARY:

Hi Valence,Believe me I'd love to agree with you as it would keep me from having to answer tons of emails like this one. We're giving away a ton of money, I don't care who we give it to.

But our legal counsel has decided this one for us. I'm sorry but we can't allow Florida. I hate it too. But that's just how they make us do it.

J
meh.I'm going to be sad when I win this thing :cry:

yea but:
SUMMARY:

J
Psst....when you enter the contest, use the address of a relative that doesn't live in Florida.

Someone PM'd how we pay out the money for the contest so I thought others would be interested in hearing this too:

When you enter, we don't log your state or address. That would be cumbersome on our end when an email address and account ID will identify you as a unique member.

When you win, we send you an email that says you won. You then send us back a form that says where you live and we check that against the qualifying states in the rules.

We then send the money to your name at that address you specified.

Hi Valence,

Believe me I'd love to agree with you as it would keep me from having to answer tons of emails like this one. We're giving away a ton of money, I don't care who we give it to.

J
:ptts: Just playin J... I just always wanted to use that emoticon...

Can you elaborate on the podcast?
The in-season plan would likely be something like our round table feature.The pre-season plan will mostly feature player evaluation and discussions (where 3-5 people discuss 10 guys).Cecil Lammey is heading the effort for us. He can probably fill you in on more of the details.

The in-season plan would likely be something like our round table feature.The pre-season plan will mostly feature player evaluation and discussions (where 3-5 people discuss 10 guys).

Cecil Lammey is heading the effort for us. He can probably fill you in on more of the details.
thanks for the replyvideo or text?

Why does it say $24.95 for renewals? I want to renew at the $20.95 price do I sign up as a new user to get that price?

I can tell you that Cecil and I just finished the first podcast... Anyone ramping up for their rookie drafts or just looking for some good draft talk should really enjoy this one.

This isn't a big deal at all, but how come there's no picture of Bloom in his profile? I feel cheated! ;)

This isn't a big deal at all, but how come there's no picture of Bloom in his profile? I feel cheated! ;)
I broke the digital camera on a recent trip to Europe, so I didnt have anything recent to submit. Ill get one up soon.

Full redesign of the website - The new layout will not debut until 2007, but efforts are already underway to get Footballguys.com a new professional looking website. The goal is easier navigation and tighter integration of content while updating the look.
Please, please don't overdo this full redesign thing. Fantasy Asylum went with the uber cookie cutter over the top look and see what it did for them. :o The Footballguys look is much of it's charm. :wub:

Full redesign of the website - The new layout will not debut until 2007, but efforts are already underway to get Footballguys.com a new professional looking website. The goal is easier navigation and tighter integration of content while updating the look.
Please, please don't overdo this full redesign thing. Fantasy Asylum went with the uber cookie cutter over the top look and see what it did for them. :o The Footballguys look is much of it's charm. :wub:
I agree here. To many tabs or links and things start to get to busy and buggy. The format now is pretty nice as when the season starts if you want the week 1 stuff you simply click on the week 1 section. Do not overdue this part of it.

The in-season plan would likely be something like our round table feature.The pre-season plan will mostly feature player evaluation and discussions (where 3-5 people discuss 10 guys).

Cecil Lammey is heading the effort for us. He can probably fill you in on more of the details.
thanks for the replyvideo or text?
Um..... audio.....

I am editing the pre-draft audio podcast right now.

Great things to come from this. Roundtable discussion, and player evaluation, plus some great opinions and information.

:thumbup:

I have been checking this site out for a long time, just signed into the forum after the great FFtoday blackout and now I like it here and I think I will stay. Just signed up for a subscription. :yes:

I have been checking this site out for a long time, just signed into the forum after the great FFtoday blackout and now I like it here and I think I will stay. Just signed up for a subscription. :yes:
welcome

yea but:
SUMMARY:

J
Psst....when you enter the contest, use the address of a relative that doesn't live in Florida.
psst...do we enter a shipping address when we enter? If so, Im a happy camper to hear this, being a Florida resident.

I can tell you that Cecil and I just finished the first podcast... Anyone ramping up for their rookie drafts or just looking for some good draft talk should really enjoy this one.
And how do we go about getting this podcast?

Can I offer one more, little, suggestion? Something along the lines of a breaking news emails we get. Most of us carry cell phones that receive Text Messages. What about a list of phone numbers that would allow a text message to go out as soon as something important happens? For example, I would get a short sms:

"Breaking News: Mcnabb breaks ankle in mini-camp."

This way, we have the breaking news as soon as it gets to our phones. We would have to sign up for this list, or have an option in our user profiles or something along those lines.

Thanks for listening. D.

yea but:
SUMMARY:

J
Just understand that if you happen to win, you have to legally declare your address isn't in one of the states we can't allow and have a notarized affidavit that verifies as such. Then the proper IRS paperwork is sent. They get extremely interested when sums of money this size are paid out. So please save yourself (and us) the heartache.Again, I hate it. It's the same exact cost to us as we pay the prize regardless of where it goes. It's just trying to comply legally.

J

Great stuff as always. Really looking forward to the Podcasts (do I get credit for the Podcast suggestion).

*raising hand*

Uh, I have a really big question. Last year I used the Magic 8 Head for all of my critical life decisions. Results were a bit mixed.

Being a diehard footballguy, I of course will let the Magic 8 Head continue to direct my future when it comes to buying and selling investments, relationship decisions, whether to undergo surgery here or try alternative therapies in Mexico, etc. But I was just wondering if the 2006 Magic 8 Head will have any new and different answers. You can only tell a woman "Hell No" and "Grab a Clue" so many times before she makes you look like Blackeyed Joe.

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread