What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FootballGuys Draft GM App - FG Staff Projections (1 Viewer)

bflosab

Footballguy
Over the past several years, who's been the most accurate at their projections prior to the season?

I can set the projections at any % as long as they add up to 100%.

Thoughts? Historically speaking, who's been most accurate with their projections?

David Dodds

Bob Henry

Maurile Tremblay

Jason Wood

Over the past several years, who's been the most accurate at their projections prior to the season?

Thoughts? Historically speaking, who's been most accurate with their projections?

David Dodds

Bob Henry

Maurile Tremblay

Jason Wood
There was an article on the site earlier this year that had Dodds ranked as the most accurate across all fantasy sites. The article was based on rankings by an independent website.

I still like to have other views so I didn't just use Dodds at 100%.

David Dodds

Bob Henry

Maurile Tremblay

Jason Wood
http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/draft.php

This website tracks predraft and weekly projections.

Dodds consistently puts you in the best position to win year after year and Henry had a great year in 2012.

David Dodds

Bob Henry

Maurile Tremblay

Jason Wood
http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/draft.php

This website tracks predraft and weekly projections.

Dodds consistently puts you in the best position to win year after year and Henry had a great year in 2012.
Yeah if you go to the Multi-Year tab at that site, it's actually impressive how many FBG staffers are in the top 12 or so. Pasquino and Bloom are up there, as are the Yahoo guys. The thing is, I believe Dodds is the only one who combines his rankings with the ADP so that's a huge benefit for me personally.

pbandy1 said:
Yeah if you go to the Multi-Year tab at that site, it's actually impressive how many FBG staffers are in the top 12 or so. Pasquino and Bloom are up there, as are the Yahoo guys. The thing is, I believe Dodds is the only one who combines his rankings with the ADP so that's a huge benefit for me personally.
Well, considering that 8 of the 21 for whom they have multi-year data are from FBG, it's not all that impressive. They've got 1st and 4th, but they've also got last and second-to-last.

Great link, by the way. I'd be curious to see how Football Outsiders' KUBIAK system has done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. He wasn't afraid to go a little left field, but always backed it up.

Im wary of those projection accuracy reports. I think to do well in those things websites can play it safe, they certainly dont encourage left field projections.

Damn. He wasn't afraid to go a little left field, but always backed it up.

Im wary of those projection accuracy reports. I think to do well in those things websites can play it safe, they certainly dont encourage left field projections.
Dodds, Henry, Pasquino, Bloom......doesn't matter who from FBG is tracked, they DO NOT make projections for THIS site with ANY underlying goals to do well in some other websites accuracy rankings. FantasyPros simply tracks various websites and those experts which provide projections to the masses, be it a free or pay site, and then posts results.

Yes, it's a shame, but Yudkin is no longer on staff.

Users who are viewing this thread