What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Players Championship (2 Viewers)

phthalatemagic said:
At infinity leagues, the payout is around 80%
That's a nice vig for you guys
and they guarantee $50K if there aren't enough leagues to make the nut :shrug:why is it a bad thing that some $$$ can be made for those taking the risk in putting this out there?"well, Footballguys is involved, so there'll be 1K teams involved"maybe, maybe not---but the owners are backing this thing, so if the rake is 10-15%, so what?BTW...thanx David, Joe, Alex et al----ravnzfan is "IN"

phthalatemagic said:
At infinity leagues, the payout is around 80%
That's a nice vig for you guys
and they guarantee $50K if there aren't enough leagues to make the nut :lmao:why is it a bad thing that some $$$ can be made for those taking the risk in putting this out there?"well, Footballguys is involved, so there'll be 1K teams involved"maybe, maybe not---but the owners are backing this thing, so if the rake is 10-15%, so what?BTW...thanx David, Joe, Alex et al----ravnzfan is "IN"
Thanks Ravnz fan. Some won't like it - no worries there - can't do anything about that. It's not a bad thing - some people will never play. Thanks for being a part of this and I hope you win boatloads.J

Having never done something like this before, I am not sure how the seeding is done

What happens if two teams have identical records? Also what if one team has a league that is either hurt by injuries or just gives up. He goes undefeated, but another guy plays a tougher schedule in another league. Are these things factored into it at all.

Ultimately, I guess I am asking how the grand prize winner is decided

Also, there is a huge drop off from first place money to second place money. Is that set or can that change

Having never done something like this before, I am not sure how the seeding is done

What happens if two teams have identical records? Also what if one team has a league that is either hurt by injuries or just gives up. He goes undefeated, but another guy plays a tougher schedule in another league. Are these things factored into it at all.

Also, there is a huge drop off from first place money to second place money. Is that set or can that change
I recommend reading the Quick Overview contest page. It will give you a basic understanding of the contest structure and should answer your questions. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I recommend reading the Quick Overview contest page. It will give you a basic understanding of the contest structure and should answer your questions. :mellow:
That was very helpful. ThanksHowever, you have 60 teams playing in weeks 14-16. Is it a play all format or is there some sort of bracket. That is not explained (at least I dont think it is)

Having read through the rules it doesn't look like you are providing an incentive to encourage teams to draft in the early August draft spots. I like how FFOC handled this by having special brackets for teams that drafted early. Only teams in those early drafting brackets competed for those monies, so it encouraged teams to sign up for the early draft slots.

Without that I think you are going to become top-heavy at the end of August and beginning of September draft spots with a lot fewer teams signing up for the Early/Mid August slots. I think this will decrease participation in the contest.

I recommend reading the Quick Overview contest page. It will give you a basic understanding of the contest structure and should answer your questions. :mellow:
That was very helpful. ThanksHowever, you have 60 teams playing in weeks 14-16. Is it a play all format or is there some sort of bracket. That is not explained (at least I dont think it is)
No head to head, its just total points. Everyone who makes the playoffs starts with thier avg weekly score (Rewarding the teams that scored the most) add you avg scor to the total you score in weeks 14-16. The team with the most points wins, 2nd most points is 2nd ect.

Having read through the rules it doesn't look like you are providing an incentive to encourage teams to draft in the early August draft spots. I like how FFOC handled this by having special brackets for teams that drafted early. Only teams in those early drafting brackets competed for those monies, so it encouraged teams to sign up for the early draft slots.

Without that I think you are going to become top-heavy at the end of August and beginning of September draft spots with a lot fewer teams signing up for the Early/Mid August slots. I think this will decrease participation in the contest.
Stugnut,The FFOC had a very different structure and overall business model then the Footballguys Players Championship. Their contest had different entry points, various tiers, numerous playoff brackets, etc. They were also trying to sell 20,000+ teams!

Our contest works very simply. We offer drafts starting from August 1st throughout September 8th. Players are welcome to choose when they want to draft. If most players end up wanting to draft in late August or early September, great - we'll just create more drafts on those days. If the early drafts don't fill - that's fine too.

Our goal was to simply give everyone a choice of dates. Now, its up to you to decide when to draft. :confused:

I dont mind the middle. Maybe spacing it out a little more and remove the free email alerts box from where it is might help the "clutter." But I like it

A couple of points about this tourney which I think you may find important.

The temporary registration page is up but we are building a new registration page will will be hopefully available by next week.

The new page will have each draft date shown with "Available Tteams" column so that you can see which dates are filling faster. The benefit here is that as soon as a draft date is full, draft slots will be drawn, even if we're still months away.

I'm sure you have seen the Early Bird incentives. Register prior to June 1st, 2010 and receive complimentary Footballguys.com subscriptions. 1-year for 1 team, 3-years for purchasing a 3-pack of teams.

The 3-pack is really a superb value as you save $50 right away (3 teams for $1000). The 3-year complimentary Footballguys.com subscription is a $75 value so a total of $125 in savings with the 3-pack by June 1st.

Also, to make it easier for you to take advantage of the Early Bird incentives, teams which register early will be able to change their draft date at any time until July 15th. Providing, of course that their original draft date has not been filled and slots have not been drawn. You are also welcome to register to get the FBG subscription and not pick a draft date at all, until later on.

The reason for all the early incentives is that we really want to try to get to the 600 teams so that the progressive prize structure can begin to kick in. A flash banner is being created which will show the up-to-the-minute amount of the grand prize and will increase as entries come in.

So as you see, we've made it as easy to register as possible. In fact, we may have made it impossible not to register. :confused:

Also, the best and quickest way to get yourself familiar with the structure of the Footballguys Players Championship is to read the Overview page.

If there are any questions, please post here or email me at alex@myffpc.com

Some industry notables have now confirmed that they will be playing in this:

Ryan Bonini, KFFL.com

Ian Allan, Fantasy Index

Mike Krueger, FF Today

Jeff Thomas, Rapid Draft

Darren Armeni, Fantasy Mojo

Paul Charchian, LeaueSafe, FSTA Preident

Mike Zangrilli, Phenoms FF

Bob Harris, Fantasy Sports Pubs

Ed Reichow, Titlecraft

Kevin Day, Fantasy Football Calculator

A couple of points about this tourney which I think you may find important. The new page will have each draft date shown with "Available Teams" column so that you can see which dates are filling faster. The benefit here is that as soon as a draft date is full, draft slots will be drawn, even if we're still months away.
Alex,The idea of creating leagues as they fill and assigning draft slots is attractive, but not a good idea. Under that plan it would be possible for 12 guys to band together, grab a league, and allow 1 team to draft a superior team. They could also improve that team with cheap WW picks.I don't believe you should display the remaining slots by league. I think you should randomly place teams in leagues that have selected the same date and announce the starting slots late in the registration period. You should decrease the number of days when drafting is possible to increase the chances that multiple drafts will occur in a single time slot. In fact, I think you should ask registrants on a slot that has only 1 league filled to choose another slot. I know everybody will say I'm just paranoid, but avoiding even the possibility of collusion will increase membership. Lastly, you should make a commitment to review the drafts for slots where only 1 league was created and disband any league where the draft was suspect. BTW, the players who draft badly will say they were just trying a new strategy for this one league and it was just a coincidence that 1 team has more solid players than the other teams. I've heard it all before.Whether perception or reality, now is the time to deal with these issues.

A couple of points about this tourney which I think you may find important.

The new page will have each draft date shown with "Available Teams" column so that you can see which dates are filling faster. The benefit here is that as soon as a draft date is full, draft slots will be drawn, even if we're still months away.
Alex,The idea of creating leagues as they fill and assigning draft slots is attractive, but not a good idea. Under that plan it would be possible for 12 guys to band together, grab a league, and allow 1 team to draft a superior team. They could also improve that team with cheap WW picks.

I don't believe you should display the remaining slots by league. I think you should randomly place teams in leagues that have selected the same date and announce the starting slots late in the registration period. You should decrease the number of days when drafting is possible to increase the chances that multiple drafts will occur in a single time slot. In fact, I think you should ask registrants on a slot that has only 1 league filled to choose another slot. I know everybody will say I'm just paranoid, but avoiding even the possibility of collusion will increase membership. Lastly, you should make a commitment to review the drafts for slots where only 1 league was created and disband any league where the draft was suspect. BTW, the players who draft badly will say they were just trying a new strategy for this one league and it was just a coincidence that 1 team has more solid players than the other teams. I've heard it all before.

Whether perception or reality, now is the time to deal with these issues.
Jersey Paul paranoid? Nah ;) Worries about stacking leagues and various collusion possibilities have been around since WCOFF created the high-stakes industry in 2002. Heck, maybe way before then even. But the truth is, none of these concerns have ever materialized. You and I know that, JP. We've been there since 2002 as well. :X Mostly because these things are much easier said than done.

High stakes contest formats where remaining teams have been visible are nothing new either. Other contests have offered this in the last few years. No instance of stacking has ever been attempted. But this is not the main reason why it would never happen with the Footballguys Players Championship. The reason why it would never happen is because we would never allow it. In order for something like this to really work, teams would have to draft players 3-4 rounds ahead of their ADP. All drafts will be overseen and any possibility of these type of shenanigans would be quickly caught. Would anyone really spend $4200 (12 x $350) to risk getting caught trying to stack a team? Of course not. It has never been tried before and will not happen here.

This is a non-issue, with all due respect.

Some industry notables have now confirmed that they will be playing in this:Ryan Bonini, KFFL.comIan Allan, Fantasy IndexMike Krueger, FF TodayJeff Thomas, Rapid DraftDarren Armeni, Fantasy MojoPaul Charchian, LeaueSafe, FSTA PreidentMike Zangrilli, Phenoms FFBob Harris, Fantasy Sports PubsEd Reichow, TitlecraftKevin Day, Fantasy Football Calculator
on the arm,quid pro quo or full paying customers?

I am going to drop a grand on 3 teams, can I get my Cavalier user name back? Is that possible? And my wife will run one team SunshineSusie name is, banned for no reason, would be nice for her to have back.

I'm sure this has been covered but are these leagues ran on MFL? or a different site?
We are not exactly sure at this point, but will know very shortly. It's not a question whether we like MFL or not (we love their product), but this has gotten a tad messy because to use MFL, we also would have to pay Stats, Inc a license fee to use their stats. We have negotiations both with Stats and a few other providers (that don't use the Stats, Inc feed) for solutions. We are weighing all of the alternatives and expect to have a solution very soon to announce that is best for everyone.

Seed 1 is best record, Seed 2 is most points, Seed 3 is best record among the remaining teams, and Seed 4 is most points of any team not already in the playoffs.

If you or anyone else has any further questions, please contact me at dave@myFFPC.com. We are glad to help.

Dave Gerczak
I have to bring this up because last year I played in a similar contest as far as how the playoffs worked and it was a big time disaster using this system of how the top 4 teams are being awarded the playoff spots. It took me over 2 hours to just figure out all my playoff possible scenarios and on a few of them I actually needed to LOSE my game to make the playoffs. That is never a good thing when you need to lose your game to make the playoffs. Seriously that is what needed to happen because if I had won my game I would have tied for record and the other guy in a 3 way tie would win a tie breaker then another guy would take 4th off points, but if I lost my game the other guy lost a H2H tie breaker for record to another guy and I had that guy beat on points giving me 4th.I am telling you right now you will have some angry people if you use this playoff system. I for one was very unhappy as I finished 4th in points in the league but I did not make the playoffs and had I made it I would have won the league title because I posted the top 2 scores for weeks 12 and 13 over the other 4 teams. I had 4th in points and did not get in because it went like your doing it.

1st H2H, 2nd Pts, 3rd H2H, 4th pts

This will also cause many many tie breaking convaluted scenarios trust me as I was invlolved in them big time last year. It really isn't the best way to do this.

The best system would be 1st H2H, 2nd H2H, 3rd pts, 4th pts.

This will still pit the same teams against each other 2vs3 seeds but the 4th place team will always be the 4th best team from your league and never the 5th or 6th or 7th. H2H has more luck involved from playing teams who have their best players on bye/injured and stuff that I am telling you mark this post down in your notes and come back to it when we enter week 11 and finish week 11 and see how many people will say what I am saying right now.

Let me post now what my situation was like entering week 11 in that other league using exact same playoff system. Seriously read this and you will see what can go wrong by doing it this way. It took me 2 hours to figure this out last year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 11 match ups

Child vs Shady, Brews vs Hurr, RN vs Hydras, IRC vs Long

7-3 Child 1425 pts

6-4 Brews 1441 pts

6-4 Shady 1224 pts

6-4 RN 1230 pts

5-5 Hurr 1338 pts

5-5 Hydras 1335 pts

5-5 IRC 1217 pts

5-5 Long 1211 pts

This league is actually pretty simple to figure out thanks to the point scored separation between teams. So I am going to base my assumptions on this...Child/Brews will finish 1/2 in pts (Either Child or Brews will be 1 but the other will be 2nd in pts) Also I will assume Hurr and Hydras will finish 3/4 in pts (either way one is 3rd and one is 4th)

Breaking it all down goes something looking at the games that would effect the final standings

IF

1)Child, Brews, RN win (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

2)Child, Brews, Hydras, IRC win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hydras 3 (based off a 4 way tie breaker 3-0), Hurr 4)

3)Child, Brews, Hydras, Long win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hydras 3 (based off 4 way tie breaker 2-1 then winning pts battle vs RN, Hurr 4)

4)Child, RN, Hurr win (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

5)Child, Hurr, Hydras, IRC win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hydras 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 3-1, Hurr 4)

6)Child, Hurr, Hydras, Long win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hurr 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 3-1, Hydras 4)

7)Brews, Shady, RN (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts)

8)Brews, Shady, Hydras win (Shady 1, 2/3 Child and Brews based on pts, 4 = Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

9)Shady, Hurr, RN wins (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

10)Shady, Hurr, Hydras win AND Brews>Child in pts (Shady 1, Brews 2, Child 3, 4 = Hurr vs Hydras most pts)

11)Shady, Hurr, Hydras, IRC win AND Child>Brews in pts (Shady 1, Child 2, Hurr 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 3-1, Brews 4)

12)Shady, Hurr, Hydras, Long win AND Child>Brews in pts (Shady 1, Child 2, Hurr 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 4-0, Brews 4)

Ok there you have every possible scenario that can affect the playoffs

#11 and #12 is the situation I am talking about because if I win my game and the other things happen in #11 and #12 then I am out no matter what where as if I lose then it reverts back to #9 and I can get in if I outscore Hurr

Scenario 7 is very interesting because it puts records as follows

Child 7-4 (2-1)

Brews 7-4 (1-2)

Shady 7-4 (2-1)

RN 7-4 (1-2)

The oddity of Shady going 7-4 and 2-1 H2H vs the other 3 and still not getting in is kind of strange but that is how it works out because 2nd Tie breaker is pts if they tie on the 1st tiebreaker which they would

So Child gets the 1 seed, Brews the 2 with most pts left, 3 then goes to RN because he beat Shady H2H, 4 then left for most pts between Hydras and Hurr

Seed 1 is best record, Seed 2 is most points, Seed 3 is best record among the remaining teams, and Seed 4 is most points of any team not already in the playoffs.

If you or anyone else has any further questions, please contact me at dave@myFFPC.com. We are glad to help.

Dave Gerczak
I have to bring this up because last year I played in a similar contest as far as how the playoffs worked and it was a big time disaster using this system of how the top 4 teams are being awarded the playoff spots. It took me over 2 hours to just figure out all my playoff possible scenarios and on a few of them I actually needed to LOSE my game to make the playoffs. That is never a good thing when you need to lose your game to make the playoffs. Seriously that is what needed to happen because if I had won my game I would have tied for record and the other guy in a 3 way tie would win a tie breaker then another guy would take 4th off points, but if I lost my game the other guy lost a H2H tie breaker for record to another guy and I had that guy beat on points giving me 4th.I am telling you right now you will have some angry people if you use this playoff system. I for one was very unhappy as I finished 4th in points in the league but I did not make the playoffs and had I made it I would have won the league title because I posted the top 2 scores for weeks 12 and 13 over the other 4 teams. I had 4th in points and did not get in because it went like your doing it.

1st H2H, 2nd Pts, 3rd H2H, 4th pts

This will also cause many many tie breaking convaluted scenarios trust me as I was invlolved in them big time last year. It really isn't the best way to do this.

The best system would be 1st H2H, 2nd H2H, 3rd pts, 4th pts.

This will still pit the same teams against each other 2vs3 seeds but the 4th place team will always be the 4th best team from your league and never the 5th or 6th or 7th. H2H has more luck involved from playing teams who have their best players on bye/injured and stuff that I am telling you mark this post down in your notes and come back to it when we enter week 11 and finish week 11 and see how many people will say what I am saying right now.

Let me post now what my situation was like entering week 11 in that other league using exact same playoff system. Seriously read this and you will see what can go wrong by doing it this way. It took me 2 hours to figure this out last year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 11 match ups

Child vs Shady, Brews vs Hurr, RN vs Hydras, IRC vs Long

7-3 Child 1425 pts

6-4 Brews 1441 pts

6-4 Shady 1224 pts

6-4 RN 1230 pts

5-5 Hurr 1338 pts

5-5 Hydras 1335 pts

5-5 IRC 1217 pts

5-5 Long 1211 pts

This league is actually pretty simple to figure out thanks to the point scored separation between teams. So I am going to base my assumptions on this...Child/Brews will finish 1/2 in pts (Either Child or Brews will be 1 but the other will be 2nd in pts) Also I will assume Hurr and Hydras will finish 3/4 in pts (either way one is 3rd and one is 4th)

Breaking it all down goes something looking at the games that would effect the final standings

IF

1)Child, Brews, RN win (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

2)Child, Brews, Hydras, IRC win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hydras 3 (based off a 4 way tie breaker 3-0), Hurr 4)

3)Child, Brews, Hydras, Long win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hydras 3 (based off 4 way tie breaker 2-1 then winning pts battle vs RN, Hurr 4)

4)Child, RN, Hurr win (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

5)Child, Hurr, Hydras, IRC win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hydras 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 3-1, Hurr 4)

6)Child, Hurr, Hydras, Long win (Child 1, Brews 2, Hurr 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 3-1, Hydras 4)

7)Brews, Shady, RN (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts)

8)Brews, Shady, Hydras win (Shady 1, 2/3 Child and Brews based on pts, 4 = Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

9)Shady, Hurr, RN wins (Child 1, Brews 2, RN 3, 4=Hurr or Hydras most pts gets in)

10)Shady, Hurr, Hydras win AND Brews>Child in pts (Shady 1, Brews 2, Child 3, 4 = Hurr vs Hydras most pts)

11)Shady, Hurr, Hydras, IRC win AND Child>Brews in pts (Shady 1, Child 2, Hurr 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 3-1, Brews 4)

12)Shady, Hurr, Hydras, Long win AND Child>Brews in pts (Shady 1, Child 2, Hurr 3 (based off 5 way tie breaker 4-0, Brews 4)

Ok there you have every possible scenario that can affect the playoffs

#11 and #12 is the situation I am talking about because if I win my game and the other things happen in #11 and #12 then I am out no matter what where as if I lose then it reverts back to #9 and I can get in if I outscore Hurr

Scenario 7 is very interesting because it puts records as follows

Child 7-4 (2-1)

Brews 7-4 (1-2)

Shady 7-4 (2-1)

RN 7-4 (1-2)

The oddity of Shady going 7-4 and 2-1 H2H vs the other 3 and still not getting in is kind of strange but that is how it works out because 2nd Tie breaker is pts if they tie on the 1st tiebreaker which they would

So Child gets the 1 seed, Brews the 2 with most pts left, 3 then goes to RN because he beat Shady H2H, 4 then left for most pts between Hydras and Hurr
I just noticed that the 1st and 2nd seeds get in the overall playoffs. Seeing is how you need the best record and most pts other than best record I would suggest using my system 1st-H2H, 2nd-H2H, 3rd-Pts, 4th-Pts but instead of top 2 seeds making the overall say the top H2H and top point scorer remaining regardless of seed gets into the overall...then those same 2 teams in your system get in as in mine but the HUGE difference is the 4th team in will always be the 4th best team not the 5th, 6th, 7th or worse.

I also realize that your not going to change how your going to do this yet I felt I needed to show you what can and will happen and you will have a lot of unhappy people who finish 4th in points that don't get in their league playoffs.

Henry, I appreciate your input. The Footballguys tourney format is an EXACT replica of the FFPC Main Event formar which has been used the last two season (2008 & 2009) to extraordinary success. I think anyone who has played in the FFPC will vouch for this fact, as we've grown every year. And while everyone who plays FF knows there is no such thing as a "flawless" format, we feel we've come very close here with the FFPC and the Footballguys Players Championship. You should give it a test drive this season! :loco:

Interesting. I have played with FFPC as well as its competitors in the past and have found it to be really well run. The leagues were hosted on My Fantasy League last season.
Thanks Truman. That's why this partnership is something that excites us. I've wanted to do something in this higher stakes space for a long time. I just love the vibe and feel and the competition. But my struggle was in being honest with myself and knowing that I was a lot more excited about creating and developing and marketing the thing than I was in the nitty gritty detail stuff of running the leagues. I was honest enough with myself to admit we'd fail if we didn't have that solid backbone of people running the thing.

But that's where Dave and Alex of FFPC excel. So when we started talking with them, it instantly clicked that we made a good team. Where we were weak, they were strong. I think we'll make it a good team and be able to offer our customers a good experience there.

J

I am going to drop a grand on 3 teams, can I get my Cavalier user name back? Is that possible? And my wife will run one team SunshineSusie name is, banned for no reason, would be nice for her to have back.
No point on dropping a grand when you can't get a simple yes or no answer to post. In fact it would be down right stupid to. Good luck with the leagues guys.

No point on dropping a grand when you can't get a simple yes or no answer to post. In fact it would be down right stupid to. Good luck with the leagues guys.
I'm sorry your question went unanswered. While this is totally not my jurisdiction here, I think it may be a matter better handled in an email and not on a message board. May I suggest sending a private email to David Dodds and explaining your situation. I have a feeling it might get resolved quickly and you can then make yoru decision on joining this tournament. Good luck! :blackdot:

I'm sorry your question went unanswered. While this is totally not my jurisdiction here, I think it may be a matter better handled in an email and not on a message board. May I suggest sending a private email to David Dodds and explaining your situation. I have a feeling it might get resolved quickly and you can then make yoru decision on joining this tournament. Good luck! :thumbup:
I emailed Joe (month or so ago) and I have rented a condo with David for a week in Vegas a few years ago. They know how to respond if they like to, I don't mind if the answer was no, that I get no answer irks me. But I know Dodds has little to do with message board stuff.

I'm sorry your question went unanswered. While this is totally not my jurisdiction here, I think it may be a matter better handled in an email and not on a message board. May I suggest sending a private email to David Dodds and explaining your situation. I have a feeling it might get resolved quickly and you can then make yoru decision on joining this tournament. Good luck! :popcorn:
I emailed Joe (month or so ago) and I have rented a condo with David for a week in Vegas a few years ago. They know how to respond if they like to, I don't mind if the answer was no, that I get no answer irks me. But I know Dodds has little to do with message board stuff.
Understood. I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Am I doing something wrong here?

http://www.myffpc.com/footballguys/

Just tried to sign up for 9/8 at 7EST, twice. Didnt take me to a payment page, didn't get an e-mail?
We're having technical issues with the registration system. Its not functioning well with some browsers. If you can, please try using IE8 or Firefox. Or you can email chris@myffpc.com and she will process your registration manually.

Sorry for the trouble. :tinfoilhat:

Am I doing something wrong here?

http://www.myffpc.com/footballguys/

Just tried to sign up for 9/8 at 7EST, twice. Didnt take me to a payment page, didn't get an e-mail?
We're having technical issues with the registration system. Its not functioning well with some browsers. If you can, please try using IE8 or Firefox. Or you can email chris@myffpc.com and she will process your registration manually.

Sorry for the trouble. :goodposting:
Ok so my own fault here, but I didnt e-mail and I missed out on the drafts on the 7th or 8th. Are there going to be new leauges that open up for these dates or am I forced to draft earlier if I want to participate?

Ok so my own fault here, but I didnt e-mail and I missed out on the drafts on the 7th or 8th. Are there going to be new leagues that open up for these dates or am I forced to draft earlier if I want to participate?
Alex and Dave have told me they will create more leagues so all the dates can be LIVE. This should get resolved this week.

Ok so my own fault here, but I didnt e-mail and I missed out on the drafts on the 7th or 8th. Are there going to be new leagues that open up for these dates or am I forced to draft earlier if I want to participate?
Alex and Dave have told me they will create more leagues so all the dates can be LIVE. This should get resolved this week.
Excellent. I doubt we will see a top injury during the last preseason game(s), but I'd like to draft after it and I can't do it Labor day weekend.

Hi guys. Is there a date where you will pull the plug on a league that is not filling? One that I am in is not grabbing much attention. I don't want to get left having to choose a time that does not work for me. TIA

Master Gators said:
Hi guys. Is there a date where you will pull the plug on a league that is not filling? One that I am in is not grabbing much attention. I don't want to get left having to choose a time that does not work for me. TIA
Being that we're 1 1/2 months away from the first FPC draft, we expect that most current draft dates will be getting some more entries between now and the draft date.Still, if you wish to change your draft date for whatever reason, you may do so by simply emailing your request to chris@myffpc.com . As per our rules, "Teams which register early will be able to change their draft date at any time until July 15 2010 providing their original draft date has not been filled. Drafts dates will become official and will not be changed once 12 teams have been registered and drafts slots have been drawn"Let me know if there any other questions.

From the FFPC Boards: http://www.myffpc.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000010;p=1#000000

Ladies & Gents, a deal has been reached between all parties to place a Footballguys Players Championship draft On Air with Scott Atkins and Red vs Blue High Stakes Radiohttp://blogtalkradio.com/redvsblue!

This will be the exciting, LIVE, pick-by-pick broadcast that has made these Red vs Blue drafts so popular in 2009. Scott Atkins will be drafting his team AND breaking down the entire draft as it is happening. Scott will also field calls from other owners, (347-324-5404) as they will be able to call in and give mid-draft interviews On Air! The draftboard will be made available during the show so listeners can also call in or join the Live Chat and get an early glimpse into FPC ADP.

The draft date is Friday August 6 at 10pm Eastern. Scott Atkins has registered for this draft and there are 11 openings but these are sure to fill fast! Register now as teams are available on a first come first served basis.

Disclaimer: please remember that by registering for this draft you understand that your name and your draft picks will be revealed to the public. Players who wish to draft anonymously and have their draft results remain private should NOT register for this draft.

Excellent. I doubt we will see a top injury during the last preseason game(s), but I'd like to draft after it and I can't do it Labor day weekend.
Some draft dates have been filling very fast and we've been receiving requests to create additional drafts so here they are. New drafts have been created on the following dates/times:

Sunday, Sep 05, 2010 01:00 PM

Tuesday, Sep 07, 2010 07:00 PM

Wednesday, Sep 08, 2010 07:00 PM

Registration Page

To add further to Alex's comment - there is NO trading allowed in any of the high stakes national competitions. First of all and most important they have to safeguard that there is no possible collusion. Second and partly to that effect, trading in redraft leagues is very tough, you would never have agreement on which trades are fair or not and lastly would have to have twenty pages of legalese to try and have trade rules.

All leagues online but will any have longer clocks than others? I prefer slow drafts (4-12 hour clocks with predrafting features). Any chance that any of these will be structured that way or are they all of the 2 minutes per pick variety?
I haven't been able to get a 100% straight answer on this from reading all of the rules so I have to ask, how exactly does the draft clock work? I know there is a 5 min break before the 10th round but how long between each pick is my question.

All leagues online but will any have longer clocks than others? I prefer slow drafts (4-12 hour clocks with predrafting features). Any chance that any of these will be structured that way or are they all of the 2 minutes per pick variety?
I haven't been able to get a 100% straight answer on this from reading all of the rules so I have to ask, how exactly does the draft clock work? I know there is a 5 min break before the 10th round but how long between each pick is my question.
don't worry, found it....120 second draft clock

Users who are viewing this thread