What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FootballGuys Post Combine Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Keeping this thing moving, and with Boley off the board (was our pick here)......The Chicago Bears select

ANDREW WALTER, QB ARIZONA ST

Who knows what we have in Grossman. He showed mere glimpses in a few of his 6 starts I believe, but hasnt been able to stay healthy. I do think if the o-line stays healty, combined with a strong, dependable running game and go-to-guy in Muhammed, Grossman can be a good qb in this league, but he has to be able to stay on the field for a longer stretch than 3 games. So with the fact that there are still questions, and Chad Hutchinson being basically the only other qb on roster (forget Krenzel and Kittner), we will take Walter and his very nice potential here.

From ESPN.com:

He has an ideal frame. Is a tall, has big hands and long arms. Has adequate bulk and the frame to get bigger. Is still filling out. Is smooth and has adequate quickness in his set. Is not a great athlete but has decent foot quickness within the pocket. His biggest positive is his arm strength. Can make all the throws in the NFL. Puts good zip on his deep out and shows the strength to drive the ball downfield in the vertical passing game. His release quickness is outstanding. He is poised in the pocket. Will check off his primary target and do a consistent job of finding his No. 2 option. When he sets his feet correctly he has very good accuracy. Is a mature and poised player and person.

Players taken (through pick #102, 4.07 San Diego)

OFFENSE

Quarterback

Alex Smith, QB, Utah

Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal

Charlie Frye, QB, Akron

Adrian McPherson, QB, Indiana Firebirds (Florida State)

Jason Campbell, QB, Auburn

ANDREW WALTER, QB ARIZONA ST

Running Back

Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn

Cadillac Williams, RB, Auburn

Cedric Benson, RB, Texas

Ciatrick Fason, RB, Florida

Marion Barber III, RB, Minnesota

J.J. Arrington, RB, Cal

Vernand Morency, RB, Oklahoma State

Kay-Jay Harris, RB, West Virginia

Eric Shelton, Louisville

Wide Receiver

Mike Williams, WR, USC

Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan

Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina

Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma

Roddy White, WR, UAB

Reggie Brown, WR, Georgia

Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton

Craphonso Thorpe, WR, FSU

Mark Bradley, WR, Oklahoma

Chris Henry, WR, West Virgina

Matt Jones, WR/TE, Arkansas

Courtney Roby WR Indiana

Tight End

Heath Miller, TE, Virginia

Alex Smith, TE, Stanford

Joel Dreesen, TE, Colorado State

Offensive Tackle

Alex Barron, OT, FSU

Jamaal Brown, OT, Oklahoma

Khalif Barnes, OT, Washington

Adam Terry, OT, Syracuse

Wesley Britt, OT, Alabama

Logan Mankins OT Fresno State

Chris Colmer OT NC State

Michael Munoz, OT, Tennessee.

Rob Petitti, OT, Pittsburgh

Guard/Center

Marcus Johnson, OG/OT, Mississippi

Elton Brown, OG, Virginia

David Baas, OG, Michigan

Chris Spencer, C/G, Ole Miss

Chris Kemoeatu, G Utah

Dan Buenning, G, Wisconsin

Evan Mathis; Alabama

Ben Wilkerson, C, LSU

Scott Young, G, Brigham Young

Kickers/Punters

Mike Nugent, K, Ohio State

DEFENSE

Cornerback

Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami

Adam "Pac Man" Jones, CB, West Virginia

Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn

Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska

Justin Miller, CB, Clemson

Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan

Brandon Browner, CB, Oregon State

Eric Green, CB, Virginia Tech

Corey Webster, CB, LSU

Stanley Wilson, CB, Stanford

Ronald Bartell Jr, CB, Howard

Bryant McFadden, CB, Florida State

Stanford Routt, CB, Houston

Darrent Williams, CB, Oklahoma State

Free Safety

Thomas Davis, S, Georgia

Brodney Pool, FS, Oklahoma

Josh Bullocks, FS, Nebraska

James Butler, FS, Georgia Tech

Strong Safety

Ernest Shazor, SS, Michigan

Dante Nicholdon, S,OAK

Inside/Middle Linebacker

Channing Crowder, MLB, Florida

Barrett Ruud, ILB, Nebraska

Odell Thurman, ILB, Georgia

Robert McCune, ILB, Louisville

Lance Mitchell, ILB, Oklahoma

Lofa Tatupu, USC

Adam Seward, ILB, UNLV

Outside Linebacker

Derrick Johnson, OLB Texas

Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee

DeMarcus Ware, LB/DE, Troy State

Daryl Blackstock, OLB, Virginia

Rian Wallace, OLB, Temple

Jonathan Welsh, LB Wisconsin

Michael Boley, OLB Southern MIss

Defensive End

Marcus Spears, DE, LSU

Shawne Merriman, DE, Maryland

David Pollack, DE, Georgia

Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma

Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin

Shaun Cody, DE, USC

Matt Roth, DE, Iowa

Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame

Jim Davis, DE, Virginia Tech

Chris Canty, DE, Virginia

Bill Swancutt, DE, Oregon State

Jovan Haye, DE, Vandy

Defensive Tackle

Travis Johnson, DT, FSU

Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin

Mike Patterson, DT, USC

Luis Castillo, DT, Northwestern

Jonathan Babineaux, DT, Iowa

Attiyah Ellison, DT, Missouri

C.J. Mosley, DT, Mizzouri

Last edited by a moderator:
Front page has been updated!

Tampa Bay (Punchie) is on the clock and has until 5:00pm EST to make a pick.

San Diego (bicycle_seat_sniffer) is on deck.

Tampa Bay Selects:

Courtney Roby WR Indiana

We really need a speed guy to stretch the defense a bit and make room in the middle for Clayton. Roby is a very fast player (4.33 40) who is a college track star with great intangibles (work ethic character etc.) Gruden loves speed and will jump all over this guy in the 4th.

Via PM.....

With the 7th pick of the 4th round, the San Diego Chargers select

Rob Petitti, OT, Pittsburgh

Write-up to follow...

Dallas (Joe Kidd) is on the clock and has until 10:40am EST tomorrow to make a pick.

NY Giants (Kleck) is on deck.

The NY Giants select Anthony Alabi, OT, Texas Christian at 4.9

And C.J. Brooks, OG, Maryland at 4.10 via PM...

Writeups to follow...

With the COMP picks now out are we going to start over as soon as this mock is done?Everyone keeps their team!

at 4.11 the Skins get WR Vincent Jackson Northern Colorado.He doesn't have the experience to be a 1st or 2nd rounder but he definately has the size 6'5 235 and speed 4.53 to go in the first couple of rounds. He will immediately add size to the smurf like WR corps of the skins and also provide a great red zone target for ramsey. He had a great Senoir Bowl showing where he took advantage of his size, speed and hands to move up the draft board.The skins also considered aonther big WR from a big school that was a great athlete, but a questionable work ethic. A TE with 2nd round talent and a Guard/Tackle from the Pac 10 that would provide depth along the OL for the skins.It came dopwn to depth vs playmaking ability. and thw WR won out

at 4.11 the Skins get WR Vincent Jackson Northern Colorado.

He doesn't have the experience to be a 1st or 2nd rounder but he definately has the size 6'5 235 and speed 4.53 to go in the first couple of rounds. He will immediately add size to the smurf like WR corps of the skins and also provide a great red zone target for ramsey. He had a great Senoir Bowl showing where he took advantage of his size, speed and hands to move up the draft board.

The skins also considered aonther big WR from a big school that was a great athlete, but a questionable work ethic. A TE with 2nd round talent and a Guard/Tackle from the Pac 10 that would provide depth along the OL for the skins.

It came dopwn to depth vs playmaking ability. and thw WR won out
The front page is now completely updated!********************************************************************

Detroit (loser) is now on the clock and has until 12:00pm EST to make a pick.

Oakland (radballs) is on deck.

Write up on Petitti for the San Diego chargers pick:I really just wanted to add some depth for a unit that needs improvement. Last year the starting line was: Oben,Goff,Harwick,Fonuti,Olivea. 2 rookies, 1 FA, a training camp trade and a 2002 rookie. Its a wonder that Brees & LT aren't dead at this point. Courtney van Buren returns from IR this year to add a little more depth. Here is one site's take on Petitti's strenghts & weaknesses:Strengths: Has massive size. Is one of the biggest OT prospects in the 2005 class. Has good height, is well built and has excellent bulk. His wingspan is gigantic and he is very difficult to get around in pass protection. He has decent quickness in his pass pro set. Plays with leverage and body control. He engulfs defenders when in position in the running game. He is extremely difficult to get around and he plays with good leverage as a run blocker. Also developed more of a mean streak as a senior and has become a stronger finisher.Weaknesses: His lack of athleticism limits his potential. The more space he's in the less effective he becomes. He is difficult to get around in pass pro, but if you can force him to get wide he doesn't have great lateral movement skills to mirror and slide. He will have some trouble against inside quickness or quick double moves. He also is below average as a space blocker in the running game.

4.7 San Diego (From Tennessee) - Rob Petitti, OT, PittsburghI really just wanted to add some depth for a unit that needs improvement. Last year the starting line was: Oben,Goff,Harwick,Fonuti,Olivea. 2 rookies, 1 FA, a training camp trade and a 2002 rookie. Its a wonder that Brees & LT aren't dead at this point. Courtney van Buren returns from IR this year to add a little more depth.
I dont mean to be overly critical, but wow what a reach after Petitti's pro-day. He'll be lucky if hes drafted at all, let alone be a 4th rounder.

He's in espn's insider top 100. and here's a link that has him as the 14th best OT in the draft : http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=9&c=12&n...&lnid=124&pid=3

Really at this point we are all just throwing darts at a dart board anyway. None of us know who is a fourth rounder or not.

4.7 San Diego (From Tennessee) - Rob Petitti, OT, Pittsburgh

I really just wanted to add some depth for a unit that needs improvement. Last year the starting line was: Oben,Goff,Harwick,Fonuti,Olivea. 2 rookies, 1 FA, a training camp trade and a 2002 rookie. Its a wonder that Brees & LT aren't dead at this point. Courtney van Buren returns from IR this year to add a little more depth.
I dont mean to be overly critical, but wow what a reach after Petitti's pro-day. He'll be lucky if hes drafted at all, let alone be a 4th rounder.

Carolina Panthers choose Kyle Orton, QB Purdue. With this pick, again its BPA and gaining depth. Heaven forbid anything happens to Delhomme. We have Peete and Weinke (who the staff doesn't seem to like anyway).

Orton's totals for 2004 were 3090 yards 31tds 5 ints. With those stats and Orton being 6-4 230 pounds, I think he is a good value pick. He would not have to rush to play at Carolina and could learn for a year or two.

Oakland's time expired (not the 1st time this draft with radballs) almost 1/2 hour ago...

I vote Cedric Houston, RB, Tennessee

They could use a RB and I think Houston is GREAT value here...

Norv Turner also loves to throw the the TE underneath after the WR have stretched the field so I like TE Kevin Everett form Miami. He represents some value as a lot of places have him as 2nd round talent.

Norv Turner also loves to throw the the TE underneath after the WR have stretched the field so I like TE Kevin Everett form Miami. He represents some value as a lot of places have him as 2nd round talent.
I second this vote.

So we don't hold things up -- I'll change my vote to Everett and it's done...

The Raiders take Everett, the Panthers already picked -- Chiefs are on the clock -- have until 5:01pm EST to make pick...

At 4.15 Kansas City Selects

QB Dan Orlovsky, U. of Connecticut

Carolina made this pick much easier for KC. We were debating between Orlovsky and Orton and once Orton was off the board, the QB from UCONN was the obvious choice.

Trent Green will be 35 when Training camp starts, and the CHiefs are in dire need of a young QB to groom for a year or two to replace him. Orlovsky grabbed a 30 on the Wonderlic, and ran consistently good times in nearly every facet of the combine.

With his smarts, and his 6'5 225 lb frame, KC sees him as a nice young QB that will fit well in Al Saunders' system and having Green as a mentor will only help.

St. Louis' (Rayderr) time expired before 6:00pm today... C'mon guys, you can't start to lose interest now with only a few picks left to go...

Let's try to finish this thing up in the next day or two -- I think it looks pretty good despite a rocky start...

So what can we learn from this mock??

Anything interesting?

Let's vote on a pick for St. Louis and get the Saints (valhallan) on the clock for tomorrow morning...

I'll get it started and vote for Roscoe Parrish, WR, Miami.

The Rams have drafted for need for the most part so far. Parrish may be the BPA at this point and Martz can never have enough WRs on his roster...

New Orleans selectsJonathan Goddard, OLB, MarshallI looked for BPA but couldn't find much. With Colby Bockwoldt and James Allen being shaky starters at best, Goddard fills a need at OLB. He's a little undersized at 6'0" but makes up for it with 4.75 speed. Should be able to compete for a starting job.

4.18 Cincinnati - Richie Ingonito, C, Nobody :unsure:

He has NFL strength and speed, and the mean streak you look for in a lineman. He also has that mean streak off the field, which could be a problem. He was kicked off two teams and decided to enter the draft early. He is one of the better run blockers in this draft, needs to work on pass blocking though. He had one of the best combine performances of the linemen this year. His 4.91 - 40 and 1.70 - 10 were the best. He also did 27 reps. He hurt his knee at the end of the combine but it doesn't look too serious. First day talent, but off the field problems and the injury at the combine have made him slip to day two. Marvin can turn this kid around.

4.18 Cincinnati - Richie Ingonito, C, Nobody :unsure:

He has NFL strength and speed, and the mean streak you look for in a lineman. He also has that mean streak off the field, which could be a problem. He was kicked off two teams and decided to enter the draft early. He is one of the better run blockers in this draft, needs to work on pass blocking though. He had one of the best combine performances of the linemen this year. His 4.91 - 40 and 1.70 - 10 were the best. He also did 27 reps. He hurt his knee at the end of the combine but it doesn't look too serious. First day talent, but off the field problems and the injury at the combine have made him slip to day two. Marvin can turn this kid around.
Front page is completely updated!!********************************************************************

Cleveland (Chaos) is on the clock and has until 12:00pm EST to make a pick.

Seattle (fridayfrenzy) is on deck.

Cleveland selects Dustin Fox, FS

Fox has adequate size, great speed and coverage skills. He played both Corner and Free Safety at a major program (The Ohio State University). He is also tough against the run.

Grabing Fox will allow Sean Jones to move to Strong Safety where he has the requisite toughness to excel.

The defensive backfield should be more fearsome than those past and might be reminicent of the mid 80's in a couple of years.

CB: G Baxter, McCutcheon, Bartell Jr

FS: Fox

SS: Jones

Seattle has missed a few picks this draft -- you guys want to go ahead and start a vote for them to move this thing along or give him until 12:00pm??

Sorry guys, was out in the secured area yesterday afternoon, (so no computer access) but you should really try PM'ing the people when their up if they haven't responded.

And to add, how's about saying "TEAM X is up?"

St. Louis' (Rayderr) time expired before 6:00pm today... C'mon guys, you can't start to lose interest now with only a few picks left to go...

Let's try to finish this thing up in the next day or two -- I think it looks pretty good despite a rocky start...

So what can we learn from this mock??

Anything interesting?

Let's vote on a pick for St. Louis and get the Saints (valhallan) on the clock for tomorrow morning...

I'll get it started and vote for Roscoe Parrish, WR, Miami.

The Rams have drafted for need for the most part so far. Parrish may be the BPA at this point and Martz can never have enough WRs on his roster...

Sorry guys, was out in the secured area yesterday afternoon, (so no computer access) but you should really try PM'ing the people when their up if they haven't responded.
Good call about the PMs... Would've been a good idea for people to PM the next guy as they make their pick... Lot of time, I don't catch that someone is on the clock until after they have been on the clock for 30-40 minutes or more and by that time I figured someone else may have already PMd him and I don't want anyone to have 15 different PMs in their box telling them they are up...Really, if you check in on the thread even once a day you should be able to get an idea of when your pick is going to come up and if you think you might not be here you should PM your picks to me.

Seattle has missed twice, haven't they?if so, I say go straight to vote....and I second MoatsI've PM'd 3 selections to JaxBill for me, who was here a minute agoI have to get on the road today, until 4 easternnice job moving this along the last couple days! :thumbup:

Not sure what you mean here...You will see these posts littered throughout this entire thread:

Front page is completely updated!!

And on top of that it can ALSO be found on the 1st post which I think I've done an extraordinary job keeping up to date. It has the entire draft as well as the upcoming draft order, who is currently on the clock, when their time expires, and who is on deck.Not sure what more I can do. I think if you check in once a day (more if you happen to be picking on said day -- with this draft lasting 3 weeks and most teams getting 3-4 picks, that's 1 x per week) you should be just fine. I think the people who get in trouble and miss their pick either decided not to PM their picks because they thought they would be able to be here and thought wrong or because they went more than a day without checking in...

Honestly, why is it someone else's responsibility to PM you when it is your turn when you can not PM your picks in? I don't have time to baby people and PM them everytime it's their turn..

Well, if you look back, you'll see no such post was made when my turn came up. And as mentioned previously, some of us do have jobs that take us away from the computer. When I left, there were still quite a few picks to go before mine, and at the rate things had been moving, it did not look like I would have been picking yesterday. But there were a couple a quick picks so my turn came up much much faster thatn anticiapted.

And honestly you should be doing it out of courtesy. We've given you a lot of slack when you've been gone and have tried to keep things running, why not give us the same slack back?

Not sure what you mean here...You will see these posts littered throughout this entire thread:

Front page is completely updated!!

And on top of that it can ALSO be found on the 1st post which I think I've done an extraordinary job keeping up to date. It has the entire draft as well as the upcoming draft order, who is currently on the clock, when their time expires, and who is on deck.Not sure what more I can do. I think if you check in once a day (more if you happen to be picking on said day -- with this draft lasting 3 weeks and most teams getting 3-4 picks, that's 1 x per week) you should be just fine. I think the people who get in trouble and miss their pick either decided not to PM their picks because they thought they would be able to be here and thought wrong or because they went more than a day without checking in...

Honestly, why is it someone else's responsibility to PM you when it is your turn when you can not PM your picks in? I don't have time to baby people and PM them everytime it's their turn..

I just PMed fridayfrenzy (SEA)........he was posting in other forums, etc and I thought it might be nice if he went ahead and made his pick lol

Users who are viewing this thread