What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FORWARD political party - any interest ? (1 Viewer)

not really.   doubt it's 90 different ideas.  We all just want common sense government that puts people first.

Nothing will ever change in the country for the good until people stop voting for these two parties. 
Nothing will ever change as long as voters turn their noses up to the messiness that is required to get the compromise they claim to want.  Stop punishing politicians for being weak when they don't hold a party line.  Stop blaming both sides when one party is behaving poorly.  The parties aren't the problem, merely a reflection of the problem with the voters and their bad choices.

Nothing will ever change as long as voters turn their noses up to the messiness that is required to get the compromise they claim to want.  Stop punishing politicians for being weak when they don't hold a party line.  Stop blaming both sides when one party is behaving poorly.  The parties aren't the problem, merely a reflection of the problem with the voters and their bad choices.
Voters are given bad choices to begin with due to the way the system is now and then keeps those bad choices in office forever. Yang has talked endlessly about this the past year. Ranked choice voting is a way to start to eliminate that issue so we can vote for who we want, and not for who we hate the least. 

WHAT ARE YOUR SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM GOALS?

This year and next, we’ll be focused on building – that means expanding our infrastructure nationwide and getting communities involved. By the end of 2023, we’ll have ballot access and candidates in races around the country. By the end of 2024, we’ll have organizations in all 50 states and several thousand elected officials. Forward leaders will spend the 2020s and beyond working to repair America’s broken political system.

DOES THAT MEAN MY FORWARD CANDIDATE COULD DISAGREE WITH OTHER FORWARD CANDIDATES?

Yes. If you want a party that tells you how to think, there are other options out there. If you want a party that celebrates an open debate of ideas, then come join us.

(Tim should really like this party then!)

Voters are given bad choices to begin with due to the way the system is now and then keeps those bad choices in office forever. Yang has talked endlessly about this the past year. Ranked choice voting is a way to start to eliminate that issue so we can vote for who we want, and not for who we hate the least. 
It’s totally a grass roots movement that will take a couple of elections to gain some traction.  

This year and next, we’ll be focused on building – that means expanding our infrastructure nationwide and getting communities involved. By the end of 2023, we’ll have ballot access and candidates in races around the country. By the end of 2024, we’ll have organizations in all 50 states and several thousand elected officials. Forward leaders will spend the 2020s and beyond working to repair America’s broken political system.
Well that deserves credit.  You need to run for County Dog Catcher type offices to really build a party.  But again, I don't think that 60% is really all that interested in this kind of messy political stuff that is needed.  And certainly, don't demonstrate any patience to see it through.

It’s totally a grass roots movement that will take a couple of elections to gain some traction.  
They've been building it for over a year already....

Forward Party@Fwd_Party

·

1h

We're averaging a new volunteer every 35 seconds! By the time you read this, we'll have another one.

WHAT ABOUT ALL THE FAILED THIRD PARTIES IN THE PAST?

Times have changed. People are demanding a new option. Unlike small parties that have been formed around narrow worldviews, we are focusing on what brings the majority of us together – a political system that fixes our problems instead of giving us headaches.

HOW WILL FORWARD BE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PARTIES?

We are working to build the first “open party” – a place that celebrates diverse viewpoints and creativity – welcoming Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who are committed to rejecting the extremes and solving problems. Other parties are more interested in partisan fights than governing. We are focused on doing , not dividing.

Too much $ at stake for the D/R to “allow” a legit 3rd party. 
likely the #1 hurdle.  But taking this grass roots, bottom up has always been the american way to create change. And only effective way unless you buy your way. That needs to be changed.

Andrew Yang@AndrewYang

·

24m

Wow - we are literally getting thousands of donations and inbound messages! People really want this. Thank you everyone - we are only getting started!!

The timing seems pretty good for this.   I can't remember another time in my life when both parties seemed so broken and lacking in leadership.   

We’re not just a new party, we’re a new kind of party.

The Forward Party stands for doing, not dividing. That means rejecting political extremes and working together to take real action on every important issue for the unrepresented majority in American politics. We're not building a copy of the current parties, which are dragging our country backwards. We're moving American politics forward, with a party focused on innovative, collaborative, and common-sense solutions that work for the majority.

HOW WE’RE DIFFERENT

Diverse Thinking Isn't Just Welcome, It's Required
The Forward Party will welcome new ideas and fearless conversations around the issues of the day. We won’t silence debate or refuse to adapt to the modern world.

Bottom-Up, Not Top Down
The Forward Party will empower leaders to find solutions that work in their communities. We won’t dictate a rigid, top down policy platform and expect it to work for all Americans.

No Purity Tests
The Forward Party will create a political home for everyone willing to set aside the partisan extremes and find practical ways to make this country better. We won’t be checking IDs to see if people are Democrats, Republicans, or Independents.

More Listening, Less Talking
The Forward Party will ask you what we can do for your community. We will not ask what your community can do for us.

Work Together, Not Against
The Forward Party will strive for collaborative solutions, make sure they work, and try something else if they don’t. We won’t ignore problems so that we can use them to drive wedges between Americans; nothing gets done when opposing views are treated like enemy positions.

Grace and Tolerance
The Forward Party will approach each other with grace and tolerance, finding ways to pick people back up rather than knock them down. We won’t cancel people or cast them out of the party for not falling in line.

likely the #1 hurdle.  But taking this grass roots, bottom up has always been the american way to create change. And only effective way unless you buy your way. That needs to be changed.

Andrew Yang@AndrewYang

·

24m

Wow - we are literally getting thousands of donations and inbound messages! People really want this. Thank you everyone - we are only getting started!!
I hope Yang is genuine. I did like him in the 2020 debates. After he dropped out it seemed like he got in bed with the establishment, imo. But I do like him

This type of thing once attracted me more but the state of politics these days with the radical right makes me have to pretty much reject this approach as a solution. I simply can't compromise and find common ground on certain issues where the right is insistent on moving the country backwards decades and instituting widespread discrimination, fear, and hate regarding minorities, etc, refusing to move an inch in guns, and in complete denial about climate change. Quite simply Trumpism has destroyed that party to the core. Any redeeming qualities are few and far between.

Last edited by a moderator:
This type of thing once attracted me more but the state of politics these days with the radical right makes me have to pretty much reject this approach as a solution. I simply can't compromise and find common ground on certain issues where the right is insistent on moving the country backwards decades and instituting widespread discrimination, fear, and hate regarding minorities, etc, refusing to move an inch in guns, and in complete denial about climate change. Quite simply Trumpism has destroyed that party to the core. Any redeeming qualities are few and far between.
This is confusing.  FWD party has already stated they are not for any of what you mentioned.

This is confusing.  FWD party has already stated they are not for any of what you mentioned.
They seem to define themselves as finding common ground. How do you find common ground for example when one side of the political spectrum refuses to acknowledge that LGBTQ peeps are people like everyone else and should have the same rights as everyone else? They refuse to entertain any gun control measures. They refuse to put any effort into fighting climate change. That's what I mean. Hope that makes sense.

They seem to define themselves as finding common ground. How do you find common ground for example when one side of the political spectrum refuses to acknowledge that LGBTQ peeps are people like everyone else and should have the same rights as everyone else? They refuse to entertain any gun control measures. They refuse to put any effort into fighting climate change. That's what I mean. Hope that makes sense.
They want open debate on all issues.  If someone doesn't want to do that, then they won't be talking. If this party does well, the other will shrink and hopefully go away eventually. They sure are working their asses of to make that happen. The vast majority of people are very tired and worn down by the extremes on both sides.  This party wants to have conversations with all except the extremes to actually get things done.

No Purity Tests
The Forward Party will create a political home for everyone willing to set aside the partisan extremes and find practical ways to make this country better. We won’t be checking IDs to see if people are Democrats, Republicans, or Independents.

They want open debate on all issues.  If someone doesn't want to do that, then they won't be talking. If this party does well, the other will shrink and hopefully go away eventually. They sure are working their asses of to make that happen. The vast majority of people are very tired and worn down by the extremes on both sides.  This party wants to have conversations with all except the extremes to actually get things done.
Yeah, like I said some things should not be open for debate. Such as human rights. That's where I draw the line. How much and where to tax and spend, sure, no problem there.

Users who are viewing this thread