What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Found A Great New YouTube Channel (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
So my 17 year old son loves sports, has always loved sports, and wants to study sports management in college. He wants a career in sports.

He decides he wants to start a YouTube channel and start doing podcasts. So last week he sets this whole thing up and starts recording videos. If you are so inclined, give him a listen and subscribe if you want. He's pretty raw and needs experience, but the only way you get experience is to put yourself out there.

Here's The Latest Episode

I've talked to him already about delivery and such, but I'm proud of him for putting himself out there. He's always been somewhat of a shy kid, so this is a big deal for him. Thanks folks.

He did a good job. Once he gets more reps in his nervous energy will disappear and will get smooth. Its really cool that he’s going for what interests him and not afraid to put himself out there. (y)

He did a good job. Once he gets more reps in his nervous energy will disappear and will get smooth. Its really cool that he’s going for what interests him and not afraid to put himself out there. (y)
:lol:

Yeah, that's the first thing we talked about:

"Quit swaying so much..."

One of the things I like about him is he has conviction for his opinions. And believe me, we have LOTS of discussions and sports and other things. Thanks for checking it out.

:thumbup:

:lol:

Yeah, that's the first thing we talked about:

"Quit swaying so much..."

One of the things I like about him is he has conviction for his opinions. And believe me, we have LOTS of discussions and sports and other things. Thanks for checking it out.

:thumbup:
I found his swaying to be soothing and semi-hypnotic.

Seriously though, he did a great job. I love seeing kids do something they are passionate about. It takes real courage to put himself out there like that.

I would like to see a #PMShuke call out at the end of each video though.

I didn't think the swaying was too distracting, but I did notice that when he was gesturing with has hands he did less swaying and spoke more confidently. So if that nervous energy needs an outlet, maybe the hand gestures are the best place to channel it.

PS If he ever has questions about getting into the fantasy sports or sports betting industries, feel free to PM me.

That’s great he’s doing this - to be a big thing among teenagers with the explosion of social media. My 19 year old has also been doing podcasts/videos on college sports for a few years now.

Just have to keep working at it, but most importantly should be fun.

New episode: Playoff Predictions

My son had one of his buddies as a guest on the show and they worked really well together. Helped my son with some of the nervousness. For you guys who may have subscribed or watched: Thank You.

He's really excited to see the views and such.
Wow nice job . Your son seemed much more relaxed and his buddy did good as well. Keep posting me new videos so he can get the extra view numbers from here , it will help build his confidence

My son had one of his buddies as a guest on the show and they worked really well together. Helped my son with some of the nervousness. For you guys who may have subscribed or watched: Thank You.

He's doing great man, keep encouraging him, and I agree with HT, keep posting him here and we'll view and like and boost his confidence.

My son's high school has a daily news program each morning. My son started his freshman year producing, directing, editing, and anchoring. He actually enjoys the behind-the-camera stuff more - but to see how far he has come on-camera from freshman year to this his senior year is astonishing. The teacher is an LA guy who has acted in and directed a couple or three small indy movies, and his expertise and interest in my boy's growth has been a huge influence. My son is actually more confident and skilled on-camera than some of the news reporters/anchors on our local news shows. Overall, the difference it's made to his self-confidence and sense of identity have been amazing.

Anyway, I share all of that to say - if your son has anything like that at his school he should dive in. Nothing like reps and experience in a media setting to hone his skills and develop his confidence.

Nice job. It wouldn’t surprise me if my 8 year old has already watched his videos. He’s obsessed with YouTube NFL predictions. If not, I’ll have him watch them.

I gave him a follow, some likes, and a comment. Tell him to get a catch phrase, and add hashtags to his titles and descriptions. I didn't realize how important that was until today. Good luck.

I gave him a follow, some likes, and a comment. Tell him to get a catch phrase, and add hashtags to his titles and descriptions. I didn't realize how important that was until today. Good luck.
Thanks.

I've been trying to get him to do more prep work before his broadcasts. He needs a little more meat on the bone in terms of stats, facts, anecdotes, etc....to back up his takes.

Of course he thinks I'm a moron, so there's that. :lol:

Thanks.

I've been trying to get him to do more prep work before his broadcasts. He needs a little more meat on the bone in terms of stats, facts, anecdotes, etc....to back up his takes.

They ALL think we are morons, lol.

Thanks.

But does he have stats, facts, anecdotes, etc to back that up?

Found a cool one today.
The story.
A wealthy father of a girl with disabilities built an amusement park for people with special needs.
Admission is free for anyone with a disability.
Take a look.

LINK
-----------------------------------
Youtube link >>> Morgan's Wonderland

I’ve been watching these and see improvement. I’ll tell him on the videos directly because he probably thinks you’re a moron. :wink:

good for him seriously keep it up this rules he needs to make a fishing show in all seriousness take that to the bank brohan

His latest video.

Hope you enjoy it. Still going strong. Any advice is appreciated.

I'll tell you here, so as not to put anything on his channel that could be seen as negative at all. Hopefully this is contructive:

1. Set up camera so he's always at least looking toward it, even if he glances down at his screen.

2. The Honors were whittled down to finalists in each category (Daboll, Shanny, Pederson for COY for instance). With a little research he could have listed them as the official finalists, put in a word for the coaches he thought could or maybe SHOULD have been finalists over any of those, and then given his pick. Just an idea to stay within the boundaries of what is actually possible to happen tonight but still adding thoughtful content.

He's way more comfortable on camera than most kids his age, and has a natural passion. Kid can go far. Very cool to watch!

1. Set up camera so he's always at least looking toward it, even if he glances down at his screen. Yeah, I have talked to him 10 times about this already. :lol: The camera is positioned on the center of the computer monitor. I told him if he's going to have visuals, he needs to look at the camera and pretend he's talking to me.

2. The Honors were whittled down to finalists in each category (Daboll, Shanny, Pederson for COY for instance). With a little research he could have listed them as the official finalists, put in a word for the coaches he thought could or maybe SHOULD have been finalists over any of those, and then given his pick. Just an idea to stay within the boundaries of what is actually possible to happen tonight but still adding thoughtful content. Another great point. I've suggested doing an outline of his topics and research them with a few factoids/stats/anecdotes that pertain to each point he's trying to make. I also have encouraged him to take notes when he's watching the games so he can refer back to specific parts in a game. I also think that will help with him swaying and hesitating from time to time because if he writes this stuff down he's more likely to remember those things.

Users who are viewing this thread