What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fox News Signs Caitlyn Jenner (1 Viewer)

ekbeats

Footballguy
This is fantastic news.

Caitlyn Jenner, the transgender athlete, reality star and former California gubernatorial candidate, has signed on to Fox News Media as a contributor.

Jenner’s first appearance will be Thursday on Hannity.

Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott said in a statement: “Caitlyn’s story is an inspiration to us all. She is a trailblazer in the LGBTQ+ community and her illustrious career spans a variety of fields that will be a tremendous asset for our audience.”

Jenner said in a statement, “I am humbled by this unique opportunity to speak directly to Fox News Media’s millions of viewers about a range of issues that are important to the American people.”

Good.  I love it when minorities, or LBGTQ folks are more conservative minded, and get a platform.  It kills the lefties narrative that conservatives hate _(insert group)_...... and it makes their heads explode.  It's a win/win

Good.  I love it when minorities, or LBGTQ folks are more conservative minded, and get a platform.  It kills the lefties narrative that conservatives hate _(insert group)_...... and it makes their heads explode.  It's a win/win
I find it interesting that you would see it from the "libs heads xplode!" angle, instead of seeing it from the "conservatives finally accept what they previously feared" angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it interesting that you would see if from the "libs heads xplode!" angle, instead of seeing it from the "conservatives finally accept what they previously feared" angle.
I think you misunderstand.....you see what we've been saying all along is we don't care what people do, just don't force it on us......but when we see things being forced on us, especially in schools, and we push back we get "nothing to see here" or get called one of the many ism's.

To say it a different way is the leftists in this country lump all of us more conservative minded folks in with actual racist/misogynist/etc.......it's a fallacy

I don't know about heads explode :lol:

People do go crazy over just about anything. I'm sure there will be a bunch of "Fox News going woke" type commentary as well.

Actually it doesn't, but carry on. 

I think you misunderstand.....you see what we've been saying all along is we don't care what people do, just don't force it on us......but when we see things being forced on us, especially in schools, and we push back we get "nothing to see here" or get called one of the many ism's.

To say it a different way is the leftists in this country lump all of us more conservative minded folks in with actual racist/misogynist/etc.......it's a fallacy
Conservatives of 30+ years ago would have considered this hiring to be the equivalent of transgenderism being "forced" upon them. I can retroactively see the headlines already (The Fall Of FoxNews. Self Destruction Of A Sterling Brand).

Anyway, as Fox's viewers become acclimated to Caitlyn Jenner, they will gradually realize that the transgender community poses no threat.......and then they'll begin to soften their positions on bathrooms and school curriculums.

So, this hiring is actually a win/win for the transgender community. Jenner will do more for them in a few months than any leftist agendapusher could have accomplished in their lifetime.

Conservatives of 30+ years ago would have considered this hiring to be the equivalent of transgenderism being "forced" upon them. I can retroactively see the headlines already (The Fall Of FoxNews. Self Destruction Of A Sterling Brand).

Anyway, as Fox's viewers become acclimated to Caitlyn Jenner, they will gradually realize that the transgender community poses no threat.......and then they'll begin to soften their positions on bathrooms and school curriculums.

So, this hiring is actually a win/win for the transgender community. Jenner will do more for them in a few months than any leftist agendapusher could have accomplished in their lifetime.
You're still missing the point.

Maybe I can put it more bluntly......just because leftists/progressives are pushing an agenda, doesn't automatically make someone a POS because they have a different POV on how issues should be handled.  That's all I'm trying to say.  I'm tired of being lumped in white supremacists because I think things should be handled differently.

You're still missing the point.

Maybe I can put it more bluntly......just because leftists/progressives are pushing an agenda, doesn't automatically make someone a POS because they have a different POV on how issues should be handled.  That's all I'm trying to say.  I'm tired of being lumped in white supremacists because I think things should be handled differently.
So this is all about you? You don't care about the transgender agenda corrupting your children as long as you don't get lumped in with racists?

Don't know her motives, but if $$$ is primary, I suspect she's only going to regurgitate their talking points.

So this is all about you? You don't care about the transgender agenda corrupting your children as long as you don't get lumped in with racists?
Admittedly I'm not great at conveying #### on an internet forum......I don't wanna be lumped in with anyone accept freedom loving Americans.

Was gay marriage being forced on you?  How about legalizing pot?

I’m glad she’ll get an audience and that people will get to practice using she/her pronouns.

No one will be using that.  :shrug:

We folks on the right follow the science - and a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl.  You can't ever change that.  Ever.

We folks on the right follow the science - and a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl.  You can't ever change that.  Ever.
To the extent this view is common among conservatives, is there not an inconsistency between following science on sexuality but not on vaccines and pandemic protocols?  

I got no problems with people wanting a sex change and the whole transition thing. That’s gotta be tough and I would never stand in anyone’s way.

But let’s face it…. Caitlyn Jenner is a weirdo…

I don’t understand why Fox would want her opinions to be part of their network.

To the extent this view is common among conservatives, is there not an inconsistency between following science on sexuality but not on vaccines and pandemic protocols?  

What do you mean?  I'm following science with that too. Got my two shots and a booster.  :shrug:

I only know of one conservative who hasn't got the shot in my circle.  In fact, you know who's not getting the shot?  Black people - a traditionally liberal and monolithic-Democrat-voting block.

What do you mean?  I'm following science with that too. Got my two shots and a booster.  :shrug:

I only know of one conservative who hasn't got the shot in my circle.  In fact, you know who's not getting the shot?  Black people - a traditionally liberal and monolithic-Democrat-voting block.
Glad to hear it.  

Was gay marriage being forced on you?  How about legalizing pot?
I couldnt care less if Steve and Larry wanna get married....I do understand that some very devout folks see it as a sin.....but I think that's one that most conservatives don't give much thought to anymore.....at least the ones I know.

As far as weed.....I mean, dunno.  It's no worse than alcohol, and better in some ways.  Don't really care too much about that either......in fact, tax the hell out of it, and maybe lower my taxes.

Good to know.  And while your point is correct about the black population, this study shows that Republican leaning citizens have a much lower vax rate than those leaning Democratic, so don't cherry-pick too much here.

I'm not 100% sure science says what defines gender in 100% of cases.  Does boy = genital male? genetically male?  Hormonally male?  

Good to know.  And while your point is correct about the black population, this study shows that Republican leaning citizens have a much lower vax rate than those leaning Democratic, so don't cherry-pick too much here.
Thanks for sharing.  Also shows black people are only 2% off the rate of white people.  

More interesting to me always is the age.  As people get older they get more vaxxed.  To me, this just shows how self centered people really are.  

Agreed.  To me they're trying to break out from the tunnel vision their network has developed into.  Seems to be an attempt to draw more open-minded viewers from the center/left.
Could be.   I am cynical, so one thought that I had is with issues like trans athletes being a hot button topic, and Jenner being a vocal person against trans females competing, they lock down some touchy talking points.  

Don't know her motives, but if $$$ is primary, I suspect she's only going to regurgitate their talking points.
I actually do wonder what her stance is on the Texas law (or EO, i forget) that says that parents that seek gender affirmating medical care for their trans children should be turned over to CPS for investigation. Maybe her opinion can change some minds of Fox viewers. 

Not that I'll actually turn on Fox News to hear it though.  I don't want to give any clicks or eyeball time to any cable news channel.  Too many talking heads trying to rile people up and fight against each other. But that's a digression. 

I’m pretty skeptical about this.  I know that Jenner ran for governor but wasn’t it generally seen as a joke candidacy?

Does she have any special knowledge of these issues other than just being transgender herself?  Isn’t this kinda like FOX hiring Kanye as a contributor to talk about racial issues because he ran for President and is a black celebrity?  

If FOX genuinely were interested in informing viewers about trans issues I think there are probably lots of people in a better position than Jenner to do that.

I’m pretty skeptical about this.  I know that Jenner ran for governor but wasn’t it generally seen as a joke candidacy?

Does she have any special knowledge of these issues other than just being transgender herself?  Isn’t this kinda like FOX hiring Kanye as a contributor to talk about racial issues because he ran for President and is a black celebrity?  

If FOX genuinely were interested in informing viewers about trans issues I think there are probably lots of people in a better position than Jenner to do that.

Wait....wut?  :lol:

Did you just post that a transgender DOES NOT have special knowledge of being transgender?  Or did you just say that because it's FOX?  If this was, say, CNN then you wouldn't have an issue, right?

Wait....wut?  :lol:

Did you just post that a transgender DOES NOT have special knowledge of being transgender?  Or did you just say that because it's FOX?  If this was, say, CNN then you wouldn't have an issue, right?

No, he didn't post that. He said "OTHER than just being transgender herself" and that appears to be her only qualifications for being a political contributor. From her public comments while running for Governor of CA, I don't feel that she is a good spokesperson for trans folks. It has the flavor of being some sort of token hire, perpetuating the meme I've heard often about FOX always presenting both sides of an issue.

I was under the assumption that they were hiring her as a political commentator and not specifically as a spokesperson on transgender issues. If so, I think that’s awesome (so long as she’s a halfway decent commentator).

I was under the assumption that they were hiring her as a political commentator and not specifically as a spokesperson on transgender issues. If so, I think that’s awesome (so long as she’s a halfway decent commentator).

Yes, that is the official line, but I don't buy it. They are hiring her only because she is transgender IMO as it will give the appearance of inclusivity on the part of the network towards the LGBT+ community, irrespective of whether or not she speaks on transgender issues.

My recollection of her when she was Bruce Jenner was being apolitical and not really speaking out on any political topics at all before coming out as a trans woman. I honestly don't see what qualifies her as being a political commentator. 

Yes, that is the official line, but I don't buy it. They are hiring her only because she is transgender IMO as it will give the appearance of inclusivity on the part of the network towards the LGBT+ community, irrespective of whether or not she speaks on transgender issues.

My recollection of her when she was Bruce Jenner was being apolitical and not really speaking out on any political topics at all before coming out as a trans woman. I honestly don't see what qualifies her as being a political commentator. 
What does a person have to do to be qualified as a political commentator?

What does a person have to do to be qualified as a political commentator?
Nothing in actuality. We're all political commentators in this forum. For someone to reach the top of the profession, however, the aspirant should have extensive experience in the field or some years of study and commentary subject to review and criticism.

I'm not sure what kind of credentials Caitlyn Jenner has revealed to us. 

Users who are viewing this thread