What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Foxsports mock....link (1 Viewer)

"Damion McIntosh is a serviceable left tackle, but Justice would be a huge upgrade athletically."

They should have waited a couple more hours because Damion McIntosh is no longer a member of the Miami Dolphins... good pick for them though, I'd love him to fall to 16.

I have trouble with them putting Wimbley over Lawson for Dallas at 18. At least they got the position likely right. Its one of the first public mocks that shows Dallas with an OLB...

5 RB's in the first round seems unlikely.
no kidding.I at least give the guy some credit for not being an idiot and posting the same bottom dozen guys that everyone else projects. I'm glad his is different. It must be frustrating being a Jaguars fan and seeing 38 mocks with Antonio Cromartie.

Pick I disagree vehemently with:

No.3 - Vince Young to the Titans. I'm really getting sick of seeing this. There's a small chance that they give Chow a QB whose weaknesses play to all the strengths of this offense. McNair isn't even a lock to be on the roster next year... It may be a pop. pick, but it's far from the truth.

No.9 - Jay Cutler to the Lions. As aforementioned, no way he falls this far at this point, and even if he did, they won't give up on Harrington (at least for the start of the season) with another brand new coaching staff and offensive philosophy. It won't work, but that doesn't mean they won't give him a try.

No.12 - Chad Greenway to the Browns. This is a silly pick as well, because needs OLBs, not ILBs. Greenway is too small to be an effective 34 OLB, and there's no room for him between Andra Davis and Ben Taylor (who I like a lot this year to be an IDP sleeper).

No.13 - LenDale White to the Ravens. If Jamal Lewis were gone, I'd agree with the logic here. But anyone with any sense knows Lewis will be back.

No.14 - Santonio Holmes to the Eagles. It's a bad habit for a mock draft writer to pencil in the first-round pick on a team's perceived biggest need. At that, WR is not their biggest need, and they will have signed a FA WR before the draft. Reggie Brown + Vet FA = Not spending a first round pick on a WR. This isn't the Lions or Falcons. This is a team that knows what they are doing.

No.21 - DeAngelo Williams to the Patriots. This is an outright stupid pick. Give Dillon a break... he played through injury and opposite a terrible defense for most of the year, both limiting his opportunities. He's far from washed up, and has at least a few more seasons in him. And Belichick spending a first round pick on a RB? That just seems to be a load of snaffoo. Yes, snaffoo.

No.30 - Joseph Addai to the Colts. Not only is this way too high for Addai, but the logic he uses is faulty. The Colts want a more power-running game this year, not another Edge. If they wanted another Edge, they'd keep the old one, who's fine. This is another classic example of the tendency explained in the Philadelphia criticism.

Picks I really liked:

No.6 - Vernon Davis to the 49ers. Quite possibly the best TE prospect ever in the draft IMO. One of the fastest, one of the best blockers, some of the best hands--this guy just seems to have it all. I'd have to believe there will be some lengthy debate between Davis and AJ Hawk, but in the end, there's a lot of depth at LB this year, and while there are five other good TEs in this draft, the drop-off from 1 to 2 is pretty significant. Also have to believe Nolan wants to surround his top pick with as many weapons as possible before hindering confidence starts to become a factor.

No.10 - Brodrick Bunkley to the Cardinals. People called me crazy when I put him here only a few short weeks ago. Now suddenly he's the cat's meow, and some say he could even go as high as No.8 to the Bills. This guy has everything you look for in your perfect penetrating, run-stuffing interior lineman, and he's going to single-handedly boost their defensive ranking in 2006 by about 8 spots.

No.15 - Jimmy Williams to the Falcons. This is a dream pick for a team that can't be happier with DeAngelo Hall. At that, I really don't expect him to be here.

No.29 - Chad Jackson to the Broncos. I don't care if they do get TO, Jackson would be such a great fit here. Rod Smith is getting too old and Ashley Lelie seems destined to be a great No.3 receiver.

I think this was a pretty good mock, and considering the quality of other major website mocks, this gets my :thumbup: of approval.

No.12 - Chad Greenway to the Browns. This is a silly pick as well, because needs OLBs, not ILBs. Greenway is too small to be an effective 34 OLB, and there's no room for him between Andra Davis and Ben Taylor (who I like a lot this year to be an IDP sleeper).
Greenway is one of the bigger OLBs in the draft (6-2.5 and 245). He's never played in the middle. Hodge was the MLB at Iowa. Greenway has also been projected as an excellent prospect for a 3-4 because he made his reputation rushing the passer. I agree he's fallen from the top 15 though. Had he had a better combine, and if Bunkley is gone, it isn't that bad of a projection. He just looked pretty mediocre this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!? A mock draft that has Denver drafting what they truely need????????? BLASPHEMOUS!!!!!!!!!!

I like it from a homer stand point :thumbup:

but, if I see another mock draft where we take a center. I'm gonna puke.

Last edited by a moderator:
No.12 - Chad Greenway to the Browns.  This is a silly pick as well, because needs OLBs, not ILBs.  Greenway is too small to be an effective 34 OLB, and there's no room for him between Andra Davis and Ben Taylor (who I like a lot this year to be an IDP sleeper).
Greenway is one of the bigger OLBs in the draft (6-2.5 and 245). He's never played in the middle. Hodge was the MLB at Iowa. Greenway has also been projected as an excellent prospect for a 3-4 because he made his reputation rushing the passer. I agree he's fallen from the top 15 though. Had he had a better combine, and if Bunkley is gone, it isn't that bad of a projection. He just looked pretty mediocre this week.
I know, but he would play ILB in a 34. That's why it's a silly pick. He'd need to put on about 15 or 20 football pounds to be able to compete with any respectable offensive tackle, and I don't see that happening, since he's a prototype 43 linebacker.Why would you draft LenDale White, who certainly has some outside running skills, and tell him to lose 15 lbs, so he can be an outside runner? Sure he has the potential, but that's just devaluing your pick.

Great post MLBrandow

I agree overall, but add that I really like the Sinorice Moss / Steelers pick. Assuming Randle El is gone.

A very good deep threat for Ben, as Cowher starts to turn the game over more to his franchise QB. BTW - Ben has an arm to capitalize on his speed.

Great post MLBrandow

I agree overall, but add that I really like the Sinorice Moss / Steelers pick. Assuming Randle El is gone.

A very good deep threat for Ben, as Cowher starts to turn the game over more to his franchise QB. BTW - Ben has an arm to capitalize on his speed.
You know, not to hijack this mock, but I wonder how much Jackson's 4.32 has devalued Moss's asset (speed)... and whether it's enough to knock him out of the first round that he's worked so hard to get into? I am thinking not, but I suppose there is that chance.

I know, but he would play ILB in a 34. That's why it's a silly pick. He'd need to put on about 15 or 20 football pounds to be able to compete with any respectable offensive tackle, and I don't see that happening, since he's a prototype 43 linebacker.
Why would he move inside in a 3-4? I don't get it. He's got good size. Ware size. His best skill is pass rushing. He plays outside in either scheme. There's no reason to consider him as an ILB. He's the same size as Rosevelt Colvin-- a nice prototype for a 3-4 OLB. Not everyone is going to be as big as Merriman and McGinest.

No.21 - DeAngelo Williams to the Patriots. This is an outright stupid pick. Give Dillon a break... he played through injury and opposite a terrible defense for most of the year, both limiting his opportunities. He's far from washed up, and has at least a few more seasons in him. And Belichick spending a first round pick on a RB? That just seems to be a load of snaffoo. Yes, snaffoo.
Dillon may not be completely washed up, but I guarantee if DeAngelo Williams, LenDale White (not likely at all), or Laurence Maroney are on the board that NE takes them. I can't see either falling that far, but it's possible. RB was the weak poiint in the Pats offense last year. They need defensive help as well, but there are 4 very good NFL caliber backs coming out this year. I say they take one.

No.12 - Chad Greenway to the Browns.  This is a silly pick as well, because needs OLBs, not ILBs.  Greenway is too small to be an effective 34 OLB, and there's no room for him between Andra Davis and Ben Taylor (who I like a lot this year to be an IDP sleeper).
I know, but he would play ILB in a 34. That's why it's a silly pick. He'd need to put on about 15 or 20 football pounds to be able to compete with any respectable offensive tackle, and I don't see that happening, since he's a prototype 43 linebacker.
Why would he move inside in a 3-4? I don't get it. He's got good size. Ware size. His best skill is pass rushing. He plays outside in either scheme. There's no reason to consider him as an ILB. He's the same size as Rosevelt Colvin-- a nice prototype for a 3-4 OLB. Not everyone is going to be as big as Merriman and McGinest.
Greenway actually also got worked out as a DB at the combine as well. Which was stunning to hear. I disagree that he made his reputation rushing the QB. Iowa blitzes very rarely. He made his rep with his pursuit speed, coverage and tackling abilities. In the bowl game, they tried to beat him 40 yards down the field with an RB on a wheel route and Greenway stayed with him step for step--and then athletically knocked down the pass.He did play exclusively as an OLB, and I've seen teams pegging him as an OLB even in the 3-4 (such as Mike Nolan in San Fran who coached him in the Senior Bowl).

Why would he move inside in a 3-4?  I don't get it.  He's got good size.  Ware size.  His best skill is pass rushing.  He plays outside in either scheme.  There's no reason to consider him as an ILB.  He's the same size as Rosevelt Colvin-- a nice prototype for a 3-4 OLB.  Not everyone is going to be as big as Merriman and McGinest.
Just seems to me that with the success of these 255-275lb guys that teams will be less inclined to draft an OLB who has a harder time beating an OT.What makes these big guys like McGinest and Merriman and Ware so successful is that they have the size of pass-rushing ends who can matchup with the big OTs, but they are athletic enough to back off into coverage and lineup in a speedier stance.

Greenway will be a very good linebacker in a 43. But in this new type of 34 that flexes the bulkier and equally athletic LBs, I don't see Greenway a fit. Now if he added 15-20 NFL pounds, that'd be a different story altogether. But the fact that Manny Lawson is undisputably a better pass-rusher than Lawson, is bigger, and faster, I don't see how Greenway to 12 makes sense.

Greenway has more all-around skill as a linebacker, and to me is just better suited as a prototype 43 OLB, which is what made him a star in college. I think his best fit would be to Philadelphia at 14 or the Giants at 25.

Greenway actually also got worked out as a DB at the combine as well. Which was stunning to hear. I disagree that he made his reputation rushing the QB. Iowa blitzes very rarely. He made his rep with his pursuit speed, coverage and tackling abilities. In the bowl game, they tried to beat him 40 yards down the field with an RB on a wheel route and Greenway stayed with him step for step--and then athletically knocked down the pass.

He did play exclusively as an OLB, and I've seen teams pegging him as an OLB even in the 3-4 (such as Mike Nolan in San Fran who coached him in the Senior Bowl).
How did he do? I presume he played Strong Safety. He would make an insane safety if he trimmed up by about 10-15 lbs.Definitely wouldn't want to be the RB who just barrelled through a 290 pound interior lineman and a 250 lb linebacker, only to try and stiff arm a 230lb safety....

just ouch. :topcat:

Last edited:
I hate that the Blacksburg area and many Virginia Tech fans are Falcons fans just because of the Vick connection. But damn, if they draft Jimmy Williams I may just have to join my fellow Hokies and be a falcons fan too.

Greenway actually also got worked out as a DB at the combine as well. Which was stunning to hear. I disagree that he made his reputation rushing the QB. Iowa blitzes very rarely. He made his rep with his pursuit speed, coverage and tackling abilities. In the bowl game, they tried to beat him 40 yards down the field with an RB on a wheel route and Greenway stayed with him step for step--and then athletically knocked down the pass.

He did play exclusively as an OLB, and I've seen teams pegging him as an OLB even in the 3-4 (such as Mike Nolan in San Fran who coached him in the Senior Bowl).
I stand corrected. At a couple draftnik sites they have the opinion I shared (pass rusher). I haven't seen much of Iowa, but I did scan the indepth stats at their site. Thanks for the info. A lot of people have this guy wrong. Still not a candidate for ILB, and a fine OLB in either scheme.

If the bEars draft a TE in the first, I think they'd take Pope before taking Lewis.
I haven't seen enough of either, but it seems Lewis is the better receiving TE, which it seems the Bears need more. Am I incorrect?

19. Chargers Tye Hill CB Clemson
To me, this seems a bit early for early for Hill. Secondary is a huge need for the Chargers, but I don't see A.J. reaching in the draft in order to address it.

No.10 - Brodrick Bunkley to the Cardinals. People called me crazy when I put him here only a few short weeks ago. Now suddenly he's the cat's meow, and some say he could even go as high as No.8 to the Bills. This guy has everything you look for in your perfect penetrating, run-stuffing interior lineman, and he's going to single-handedly boost their defensive ranking in 2006 by about 8 spots.
Wow, the Cardinals are going be be ranked 0 in total defense next year.It's hard to improve by 8 spots when you were the 8th ranked defense in 2005.

If he is correct and the Cowboys are going to go OLB again this year, I think the pick will be Manny Lawson.

Tennessee and the NY Jets prefer a 'pro style' QB, not the second coming of Mike Vick.

Unless somebody trades up, the Oakland Raiders will be drafting Vince Young.

Book it!

If the bEars draft a TE in the first, I think they'd take Pope before taking Lewis.
I haven't seen enough of either, but it seems Lewis is the better receiving TE, which it seems the Bears need more. Am I incorrect?
Ther have already been sighting and reports of scouts talking to Marcedes Lewis while he was out in California.Personally, I prefer Pope.... but time will tell.

Wow, the Cardinals are going be be ranked 0 in total defense next year.It's hard to improve by 8 spots when you were the 8th ranked defense in 2005.
Yet they ranked 24th in fantasy points... at least according to my leagues....The point is he's a playmaker that will rub off on his teammates. His penetration is going to give the Cardinals' LBs more chances to make plays.

Wow, the Cardinals are going be be ranked 0 in total defense next year.

It's hard to improve by 8 spots when you were the 8th ranked defense in 2005.
Yet they ranked 24th in fantasy points... at least according to my leagues....The point is he's a playmaker that will rub off on his teammates. His penetration is going to give the Cardinals' LBs more chances to make plays.
:o Do not confuse FF with reality, especially when it comes to defense.

At least in my leagues, you make points for being on the field. The ideal FF defense gives up 3.4 yards per play, gets the occasional sack and a turnover. The ideal NFL D gives up negative yards per play and is on the field for only 3 plays at a time (If that).

Bunkly might be a good pick here, but AZ needs to address the Other Line.

19. Chargers Tye Hill CB Clemson
To me, this seems a bit early for early for Hill. Secondary is a huge need for the Chargers, but I don't see A.J. reaching in the draft in order to address it.
A little birdie told me he may go in the top 10, and is a better cover corner than anyone in last year's draft.If Denver lands TO, along with Randy Moss, Gonzo, etc. in the division, A top CB makes a whole lot of sense for San Diego - as it would for KC or Oakland as well. (I like Champ and Darent Williams in Denver)

Greenway actually also got worked out as a DB at the combine as well.  Which was stunning to hear.  I disagree that he made his reputation rushing the QB.  Iowa blitzes very rarely.  He made his rep with his pursuit speed, coverage and tackling abilities.  In the bowl game, they tried to beat him 40 yards down the field with an RB on a wheel route and Greenway stayed with him step for step--and then athletically knocked down the pass.

I stand corrected. At a couple draftnik sites they have the opinion I shared (pass rusher). I haven't seen much of Iowa, but I did scan the indepth stats at their site. Thanks for the info. A lot of people have this guy wrong. Still not a candidate for ILB, and a fine OLB in either scheme.
You're correct about Greenway. This notion that he's too small for a 3-4 OLB because he won't be able to pass rush is nonsense. I remember Freeney fell because supposedly he was too small and his speed would get eaten up. That guy's a freak and a player. Greenway's athleticism is the same thing. He's a player. Just because some other freaks out there like Merriman exist doesn't mean that the Linebacker position is going to be revolutionized.

Anyone (and, if I'm not mistaken, Rob Rang IS a respected guy) who has the Pats getting DeAngelo Williams with the 1.21 pick is brilliant!

Wow, the Cardinals are going be be ranked 0 in total defense next year.

It's hard to improve by 8 spots when you were the 8th ranked defense in 2005.
:o Do not confuse FF with reality, especially when it comes to defense.

At least in my leagues, you make points for being on the field. The ideal FF defense gives up 3.4 yards per play, gets the occasional sack and a turnover. The ideal NFL D gives up negative yards per play and is on the field for only 3 plays at a time (If that).

Bunkly might be a good pick here, but AZ needs to address the Other Line.
By contrast, one player isn't going to make that entire offense a lot better. Bunkley will do that for their defense.Also, comparatively speaking, there is a LOT of depth on offense and they can pretty much guarantee a stud guard or tackle in the 2nd round.

Bunkley will be the difference for the Cardinals between a pretty decent defense and a very good defense. Supposing D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Winston Justice are off the board (which I believe they will be), there isn't a pick that warrants the 10th pick, and the Cardinals and Denny Green like the "best player available" approach, so I think while they may not select Bunkley, they definitely won't go OL with that first pick unless Justice is there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread