What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred Taylor (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
I know he got hurt today but he's had a pretty awful season so far. This is a guy who has arguably been the most underrated RB of his era. He's rushed for nearly 11,000 yards and has topped 1,000 yards in a season seven times. But he's only on pace for 645 yards this season which would easily be the worst full-season total of his career and the second-worst total of his career. He's done a great job of defying Father Time the past few seasons but are we seeing Taylor hit the end of the road? From a fantasy perspective, he's pretty much worthless right now. He came into this week ranked 45th in standard scoring leagues and he'll likely drop after his putrid numbers today.

So what does everyone here think? Is this the end of a great career?

I know he got hurt today but he's had a pretty awful season so far. This is a guy who has arguably been the most underrated RB of his era. He's rushed for nearly 11,000 yards and has topped 1,000 yards in a season seven times. But he's only on pace for 645 yards this season which would easily be the worst full-season total of his career and the second-worst total of his career. He's done a great job of defying Father Time the past few seasons but are we seeing Taylor hit the end of the road? From a fantasy perspective, he's pretty much worthless right now. He came into this week ranked 45th in standard scoring leagues and he'll likely drop after his putrid numbers today. So what does everyone here think? Is this the end of a great career?
NO doubt he is winding it down, but the Jags have played some tough Run Ds to start the season, and did take quite a pop today.If you drafted him as a RB1, you should be upset...with yourself. He is a decent RB3 with some upside...

I don't believe it is the end. Perhaps it is the end of using him as a viable fantasy option, but I doubt it is the end of his being productive in the system. I would be astounded if they all of a sudden make MJD the sole back on the team, simply because Fred got dinged. The RBBC has worked for a couple of years now, and seems likely that it will keep being used unless for some reason Fred just can't go any more. JMO.

I know he got hurt today but he's had a pretty awful season so far. This is a guy who has arguably been the most underrated RB of his era. He's rushed for nearly 11,000 yards and has topped 1,000 yards in a season seven times. But he's only on pace for 645 yards this season which would easily be the worst full-season total of his career and the second-worst total of his career. He's done a great job of defying Father Time the past few seasons but are we seeing Taylor hit the end of the road? From a fantasy perspective, he's pretty much worthless right now. He came into this week ranked 45th in standard scoring leagues and he'll likely drop after his putrid numbers today. So what does everyone here think? Is this the end of a great career?
NO doubt he is winding it down, but the Jags have played some tough Run Ds to start the season, and did take quite a pop today.If you drafted him as a RB1, you should be upset...with yourself. He is a decent RB3 with some upside...
I doubt there's anyone in the fantasy universe who drafted Taylor as a RB1 this year.

I could almost see the Jags going to a full time 3 back system, increasing the amount of carries for both MJD and Jones.

I would still rank them:

MJD

F.Taylor

G.Jones

but I wouldn't be surprised if Greg Jones and Fred Taylor had an even distribution spelling MJD.

Nah, I don't think so. What I think you might see is a shift in carries more towards MJD's favor. Freddy T might not be a viable fantasy starter from here on out, but he is still a good football player. He still runs hard. He pushed the pile nicely at the end of the game to seal the deal for the Jags. He had a great game against Indy with a couple of really great runs.

As much as I'd like to see MJD on the field more, Taylor plays an important role on this team.

Users who are viewing this thread