What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free 21 year old standard/non-PPR redraft league looking for new, active managers (1 Viewer)

SY2

Footballguy
21 years ago I started a league on Yahoo! with some friends.  When COVID arrived, people got onto other things and we shrank a bit, so we added a couple flex spots and superflex.  This year a few more have left, but we are looking to keep this long term league going.  While I'm sad to see long term managers leave, from the league's point of view I'd rather have stronger/more active managers.

Current roster setup: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 flex, 1 superflex, K, DST, 6 bench, 5 IR

The last couple years we used 5 IR spots for COVID and short term IR, so we'll probably stay with that again unless people want to vote on it.  Also, if we get to 12 teams we'll probably vote on whether to keep it superflex (which I see as pretty much a necessity for 10 or fewer teams).

DM me and I will send or email the league rules.  (Click my profile icon and send a private message)  Happy to answer any questions as well.

To summarize the important bits:

• Live online fast draft currently scheduled for Tuesday September 6 at 8 pm CDT
  • Waiver Type: Weekly rolling list based on standings (first place team has lowest priority)
  • Passing TDs are 6 points
  • INTs are -2 points
  • not PPR
  • Rule changes require a majority of the votes cast.
  • A team may add an IR/Out player from waivers or free agents to IR.
  • No trade review
We've had a generic "participation is expected" rule for a long while.  Last year we voted to add some minor enforcement (play someone on bye/out two weeks in a row and the league votes on replacing the manager). It actually came up twice and ruffled some feathers, even for a person who voted for it.  Both times the teams remained.  I explain this just to say we may revisit/revote that.

Join link (instant join): https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/2043/invitation?key=aa72700b010c7bea&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=dce0f066ebdf4162

I also run a similarly set up keeper league with spots available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!  Also, for anyone else who joins, the league rules are in the commissioner’s note on the site.

Hi Steve! Could you send me the league rules. The league sounds interesting. I’m in about 15 leagues, but I’m totally immersed in fantasy football. (Some say I need an intervention.)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Bob,

FYI I just got the email notification of your post 10 minutes ago.  In another post the notification was about a day late so there must be some delay.

I'll send you a DM with the rules and my email.

I understand about the league quantity. I have reached an agreement with my wife. :)

We have a new manager who misread the draft date (Tuesday, Sept. 6, 9pm EDT) and would prefer not to autodraft, so offered to step aside if someone else wanted the spot.

One change from my original post, we did vote to remove the superflex spot with 12 teams.

Spot is still open, for anyone else reading this.

Edit: I'll post when it's full.

Last edited:
It's free. I didn't get an email notification of your post either. Maybe they're still working out the kinks. I'll email you.

Users who are viewing this thread