What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free Agency IDP 2013 (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Lots of rumors flying around and a couple of minor re-signings.

News so far this week has revolved around veteran releases -- Dan Connor, James Anderson, Quintin Mikell, etc -- but the news should come fast and furious shortly.

Separate threads are welcome, but I figured we could use this one as a catch-all thread. I'll try to keep the first post updated with major signings through the first wave and beyond.

:popcorn:

Giants sign Aaron Ross.

Rams resign William Hayes.

Eagles release Nnamdi Asomugha.

Bengals resigned Robert Geathers.

Dolphins agreed to terms with LB Dannell Ellerbe, formerly of the Ravens, on a five-year, $35 million contract.

Dolphins released LB Karlos Dansby.

Colts signed OLB Erik Walden to a four-year, $16 million contract.

27-year-old Walden is an outside pass rusher who managed nine sacks in Green Bay over the past three seasons. Walden was told the club gave him "every expectation" he'll be the 2013 starter opposite Robert Mathis.

Colts signed DE/OLB Lawrence Sidbury, formerly of the Falcons

Colts agreed to terms with CB Greg Toler, formerly of the Cardinals

Panthers will release LB James Anderson.

Coach Doug Marrone confirmed that Leodis McKelvin will compete for the starting left cornerback job

Broncos released LB D.J. Williams.

One NFL agent told the Denver Post that the Chiefs indeed plan to use Dunta Robinson at safety.

It's believed Robinson signed a three-year, $15 million contract

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordon Babineaux released by Tennesee.
and I'd include the wilson signing with thatTitans agreed to terms with SS George Wilson on a two-year, $4 million contract with $1 million more available in incentives.

Dolphins agreed to terms with LB Dannell Ellerbe, formerly of the Ravens, on a five-year, $35 million contract.

Colts signed OLB Erik Walden to a four-year, $16 million contract.

27-year-old Walden is an outside pass rusher who managed nine sacks in Green Bay over the past three seasons. Walden was told the club gave him "every expectation" he'll be the 2013 starter opposite Robert Mathis.
I'm not sure any of this makes full sense yet.Might be some schematic changes in Miami. Burnett and Ellerbe are a lot alike. Neither are true thumping ILBs, neither have great athleticism in coverage right now. Wondering if we'll see Coyle transition to a 3-4 Under and use Wake in an Elephant role. Or if the Dolphins think they can groom a base defensive MLB/SILB type from this year's draft.

And Walden? Ugh.

Dolphins agreed to terms on a five-year deal with OLB Philip Wheeler, formerly of the Raiders.

Eagles signed CB Bradley Fletcher, formerly of the Rams

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Darrelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs, but "details just need to be ironed out."

Jene what is your take on Kruger to the Browns? Do you think he can repeat the 2nd half of this season without having Suggs lined up on the other side?

'Jene Bramel said:
'Kool-Aid Larry said:

Might be some schematic changes in Miami. Burnett and Ellerbe are a lot alike. Neither are true thumping ILBs, neither have great athleticism in coverage right now. Wondering if we'll see Coyle transition to a 3-4 Under and use Wake in an Elephant role. Or if the Dolphins think they can groom a base defensive MLB/SILB type from this year's draft.
Looks like the draft as Burnett released.

'5-ish Finkle said:
'Jene Bramel said:
Patrick Chung to the Eagles.
What do we make of this?
If (big if) Chung stays healthy, I view him easily as a top 10 DB. Eagles have always been a good spot for safety production.
Different defensive scheme this year though.If, as is being opined, the Eagles go to a Seattle-esque 3-4 Under front is Chung the "Kam Chancellor" or the "Earl Thomas?"

'5-ish Finkle said:
'Jene Bramel said:
What do we make of this?
If (big if) Chung stays healthy, I view him easily as a top 10 DB. Eagles have always been a good spot for safety production.
Different defensive scheme this year though.If, as is being opined, the Eagles go to a Seattle-esque 3-4 Under front is Chung the "Kam Chancellor" or the "Earl Thomas?"
Would be the Chancellor role. Chung has never developed in coverage. Durability and angles in run defense are the concerns. If he's successful -- and the Eagles linebackers struggle -- he could be a DB2+ again. Not sure I'd rush out to get him, but it's worth following in OTAs.

'5-ish Finkle said:
'Jene Bramel said:
What do we make of this?
he's not an earl thomas -- he could be the kam

whooooaaahhhh kam.......

edit: oops, gotta be quick with bramel on board

As a Dynasty Owner of Nigel Bradham LB I'm intrigued by the signing of Lawson. Jene what does this mean for Bradham and Lawson as the Bills go to a 3-4 Def???? I thought I've read a few spots that ideally Bradham would play the WILB spot in a 3-4 with Sheppard on the other ILB spot. How do you see it.??? :confused:

As a Dynasty Owner of Nigel Bradham LB I'm intrigued by the signing of Lawson. Jene what does this mean for Bradham and Lawson as the Bills go to a 3-4 Def???? I thought I've read a few spots that ideally Bradham would play the WILB spot in a 3-4 with Sheppard on the other ILB spot. How do you see it.??? :confused:
Don't see Lawson playing inside. I think we'll see him be the base SOLB/SLB in Pettine's multiple front scheme. Not quite Paul Kruger, not quite Adalius Thomas, not quite Courtney Upshaw, definitely not Von Miller. Should be okay setting the edge and in coverage on early downs. Could have a subpackage role, too.

Cardinals sign Yeremiah Bell,Jarraud Powers and Lorenzo Alexander.

Raiders sign Kaluka Maiava.

Cardinals cut Kerry Rhodes.

Denver signs Stewart Bradley.

Bucs sign Dashon Goldson.

Eagles sign Connor Barwin, Cary Williams, and Kenny Phillips.

Colts sign Ricky Jean-Francois.

Chiefs sign Sean Smith.

Vikings re-signed WLB Erin Henderson to a two-year contract.

Lions agreed to terms with WLB DeAndre Levy on a three-year contract.

Bucs signed LB Jonathan Casillas to a one-year, $3 million contract.

Giants re-signed LB Keith Rivers.

Newly signed ILB Lorenzo Alexander says the Cardinals have "pegged" him in a starting role.

Jaguars signed LB Geno Hayes, formerly of the Bears, to a two-year, $2 million contract.

Texans agreed to terms with S Ed Reed, formerly of the Ravens.

Panthers agreed to terms with free agent S Michael Mitchell, formerly of the Raiders.

and

the Bears have announced they were unable to reach an agreement with free agent Brian Urlacher, and "both sides will move forward."

Users who are viewing this thread