What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Free for 2023**12 Team, IDP, Salary Cap, SF $100 (1 Viewer)

Punch

Footballguy
We're looking for a replacement owner to fill a spot in a very unique and challenging salary cap league. 2023 is free as long as you commit long term by paying up front for 2024. That gives you one free year to dump all of your bad contracts, eat the penalties in 2023, and start with a clean slate in 2024. **A team can be rebuilt in 1-2 years in this format**

League page:
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/home/34377#0

Bylaws:
https://smashmouth2013.proboards.com/bo ... mfl-bylaws

Roster:
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0012

Notable players:
  • Rodgers
    Eekeler
    Tyreek
    Godwin
    Kelce
    Roquan
    Garrett
Summary of league bylaws/structure:
  • 12 team IDP SF with cap/contracts
    franchise tags
    transition tags
    holdouts
    extensions
    cap amnesty for one player per year
    taxi squad
League is transitioning to superflex in 2023. All teams hold one QB and receive draft pick compensation for one other on their roster that is under a multi year contract.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. This is a great league with smart owners.

Hoping to fill this quickly!
Sean

Last edited:
Since there are two openings with one already filled, and one team with more talent than the other, we decided to do a dispersal draft between the below two teams:

All one year contracts expire at the transition to the 2023 season but most are eligible for franchise and transition tags. Looking to get started on the dispersal draft as soon as i can fill this last spot.

the 5th and 6th picks in each round are in the dispersal as well. Also, only 12 QBs can be kept, so there will be plenty in the auction after the rookie draft . This league rarely has openings so get in while you can!

We're looking for a replacement owner to fill a spot in a very unique and challenging salary cap league:

The league is going into it's 13th year and is transitioning to superflex. We voted two years ago with a 10-2 league vote to move into a two year transition to superflex but unfortunately the two owners that voted against it decided to leave the league. One slot has been filled by referral but i need to fill the other. The league is very stable with a great group of owners that has had little to zero turnover since we moved to the cap after the 2015 season, but the SF transition brough on change that was a deal breaker for two owners. Good news is that their draft capital is intact.

Bylaws:

12 team IDP SF with cap/contracts
franchise tags
transition tags
holdouts
extensions
taxi squad

**A team can be rebuilt in 1-2 years in this format.

Entry fee is $100 and i don't take future year's money ransom to keep people on board. I only ask that a deposit is made for the next season if future draft capital is traded away, and so far for 12 years i haven't run into anyone not willing to do that.

We're looking for someone with at least a few years of experience in a similar type of league. Trading is usually active but last year was a bit slower than normal - i suspect because people were holding on to draft capital for this year's move to SF. As soon as i fill this spot we will move into our off season transition tags and franchise tag bidding session. After that, all contracts will be reduced by one year and salaries raised by 5%.

SF transition details - each owner can keep one of their QBs and will compensated with a supplemental draft pick for the second as long as their contracts don't expire at the transition to the 2023 season on 4/1. Trading will be opened as soon as all owners are paid up, and at that point, you'll have a chance to trade for a QB. You won't have to pay SF QB value yet since the demand won't be there until we transition to the new year.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. This is a great league with smart owners, and no guppies making trades that hurt the league.

Sean

Still have an opening? Been playing fantasy since 1995 (yes I'm old, but have plenty of experience). Been looking for a salary cap, IDP league.

We're looking for a replacement owner to fill a spot in a very unique and challenging salary cap league:

The league is going into it's 13th year and is transitioning to superflex. We voted two years ago with a 10-2 league vote to move into a two year transition to superflex but unfortunately the two owners that voted against it decided to leave the league. One slot has been filled by referral but i need to fill the other. The league is very stable with a great group of owners that has had little to zero turnover since we moved to the cap after the 2015 season, but the SF transition brough on change that was a deal breaker for two owners. Good news is that their draft capital is intact.

Bylaws:

12 team IDP SF with cap/contracts
franchise tags
transition tags
holdouts
extensions
taxi squad

**A team can be rebuilt in 1-2 years in this format.

Entry fee is $100 and i don't take future year's money ransom to keep people on board. I only ask that a deposit is made for the next season if future draft capital is traded away, and so far for 12 years i haven't run into anyone not willing to do that.

We're looking for someone with at least a few years of experience in a similar type of league. Trading is usually active but last year was a bit slower than normal - i suspect because people were holding on to draft capital for this year's move to SF. As soon as i fill this spot we will move into our off season transition tags and franchise tag bidding session. After that, all contracts will be reduced by one year and salaries raised by 5%.

SF transition details - each owner can keep one of their QBs and will compensated with a supplemental draft pick for the second as long as their contracts don't expire at the transition to the 2023 season on 4/1. Trading will be opened as soon as all owners are paid up, and at that point, you'll have a chance to trade for a QB. You won't have to pay SF QB value yet since the demand won't be there until we transition to the new year.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. This is a great league with smart owners, and no guppies making trades that hurt the league.

Sean

Still have an opening? Been playing fantasy since 1995 (yes I'm old, but have plenty of experience). Been looking for a salary cap, IDP league.
Just DM'd you...lots of us old guys in the league and many have been playing FF for over 20 years. Nice and laid back, no drama.

If no one has responded I'll keep the team I paid for. I just need some help with the rules. The whole transition thing (stage 1 and stage 2) was throwing me. Up to you. I promise not to bail this time : )

Users who are viewing this thread