What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FSTA Experts Fantasy Football Draft (1 Viewer)

Loving the team drafting first so far. Not loving Dodds team.
The RB's were sucked dry by the time his Britt pick came up. And even before his Amendola pick. 23 RB's taken before his Amendola pick.

I can't really argue against taking Amendola over Mathews, L.Bell, Mendenhall, Ivory. RB's just didn't make it to his Round 5 pick.

J.Stewart was probably the best available RB when he selected. I just dont know that I'd want to rely on him after last year's fiasco. I'd have probably shot for the moon personally with G.Bernard or Pead over D.Richardson.

He might be scratching and clawing for a RB2, but their are worse problems to have IMO. All in all, I thought he did decent. Probably wouldn't get my vote to finish in the upper 1/3 of the league, but if he can piece together or find a RB2, could definitely contend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolf/Colton, Gardner, and Hansen killed it. Top three teams. I also like Liss, who salvaged a draft position I hate. Four rookies/almost rookies at RB, so he'll have to pray for a couple of hits, but his WR squad is elite. Harris took several players on my avoid list, so he probably gets my knock for draft I like the least.

I do not like back end of the 1st in redrafts this year, just ugly options for Wiegert/Ambrosius once the top end talent is missing. I like that both took some gambles on risky players - that's what you have to do to salvage those positions I think.

I like Dodds and Flowers as FF analysts, but not great drafts, IMO.

Loving the team drafting first so far. Not loving Dodds team.
The RB's were sucked dry by the time his Britt pick came up. And even before his Amendola pick. 23 RB's taken before his Amendola pick.

I can't really argue against taking Amendola over Mathews, L.Bell, Mendenhall, Ivory. RB's just didn't make it to his Round 5 pick.

J.Stewart was probably the best available RB when he selected. I just dont know that I'd want to rely on him after last year's fiasco. I'd have probably shot for the moon personally with G.Bernard or Pead over D.Richardson.

He might be scratching and clawing for a RB2, but their are worse problems to have IMO. All in all, I thought he did decent. Probably wouldn't get my vote to finish in the upper 1/3 of the league, but if he can piece together or find a RB2, could definitely contend.
I'm higher on L.Bell than most, so I absolutely have to take him over Amendola. RB2 was a dire need at that point. Granted, you can always make trades, which is what he would need to do. And taking Bell over Amendola would have given him better WR options for WR3 than the RB options he ended up taking in rounds 6 and 7. I like Steve Johnson, Mike Williams, TY Hilton, for example.

Was shocked at Dodds team. When you take B.Marshall ahead of the backs he did you are putting yourself in a hole. The Britt pick was rather surprising as well.

Was shocked at Dodds team. When you take B.Marshall ahead of the backs he did you are putting yourself in a hole. The Britt pick was rather surprising as well.
I was wondering why he took Brandon Marshall instead of Forte? Don't his own rankings have Forte much higher?

I was wondering why he took Brandon Marshall instead of Forte? Don't his own rankings have Forte much higher?
My guess is because its a 3 WR format with a flex. I would have rather picked Morris or Forte and followed it up with Bryant (if he fell) D.Thomas, or R.White.

you guys are being way too hard on Dodds here, his team is really really good. I will gladly bump this thread mid season so everyone dissing Dodds will feel extremely silly.

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
pbandy1 said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
My guess is because its a 3 WR format with a flex. I would have rather picked Morris or Forte and followed it up with Bryant (if he fell) D.Thomas, or R.White.
that would make sense then, if it was a 3 WR and no flex format.

pbandy1 said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Might be the extra 100 pts Marshall outscored Forte by last year but not sure.

pbandy1 said:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Might be the extra 100 pts Marshall outscored Forte by last year but not sure.
Something is odd... http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/currentproj-rb.phphttp://subscribers.footballguys.com/2013/currentproj-wr.php

Users who are viewing this thread