What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Full IDP Dynasty leagues are the best! (1 Viewer)

kewin316

Footballguy
25 years ago I joined my first fantasy football league. Straight out of the gate I had to navigate through a 25 man full IDP dynasty roster. I'm talking (2) LB, (2) DL/DE, (2) CB/S.

For those who haven't had the opportunity to participate in full IDP leagues, you are missing out on the best fantasy football experience available.

Participating in leagues requiring full IDP rosters enhances and completes the NFL experience.

The feeling you have when your stud IDP makes a game changing play has every bit of that star WR catching the game winning TD sensation. It's why we play the game.

So many times I talk to guys who only play the offense and it's always the same discussion over the same players. They are missing so much of what the game has to offer. I learn something new almost everytime I talk to a seasoned IDP owner. Stragety, scouting, league scoring formats, roster requirements, etc. It's crazy!

I was looking around the IDP forums here, there, everywhere and have found them all pretty much in a sad deserted state, so I felt I needed to give my 2 cents.

If you are on the fence, try it. You won't regret it when you get it right, and you'll get exposed to so many more elements of the game!

IDP is great for any that want to truly feel like they can get a leg up on their competition through player research. The content for IDP is always improving but it's nowhere close to the availability for offense.

IDP is great for any that want to truly feel like they can get a leg up on their competition through player research. The content for IDP is always improving but it's nowhere close to the availability for offense.
This is what makes IDP so great. It brings it back to the old days of FF when you actually had to think for yourself to compete. Now autodraft is almost better than most people drafting on their own.

IDP does devalue The Red Zone for some of us...
Now try adding punters to your lineup. No longer do you switch the channel on 4th downs. There really is nothing like going into the Monday night game down by 7 pts with only your punter left. You need him to down two punts inside the 20 to get you the points to win. He does it on the first drive and then the offense doesn't punt again until late in the game. You are rooting for that stop around the 50 yd line for the little pooch punt to get the 4 pts you need to win. It is extremely exciting......and no I am not kidding.

IDP does devalue The Red Zone for some of us...
Now try adding punters to your lineup. No longer do you switch the channel on 4th downs. There really is nothing like going into the Monday night game down by 7 pts with only your punter left. You need him to down two punts inside the 20 to get you the points to win. He does it on the first drive and then the offense doesn't punt again until late in the game. You are rooting for that stop around the 50 yd line for the little pooch punt to get the 4 pts you need to win. It is extremely exciting......and no I am not kidding.
At Zealots, you should check out the Phalanx specialty leagues, if you have not already — IDP only, with punters.

I'd say the strength of this forum is in quality, not quantity. There aren't a ton of threads, but you can get really good info on here from really knowledgeable people. General IDP coverage has improved a ton in the past 3 years across the internet, which has made the conversations here a little less important, but this is a pretty killer group of posters. One of the best things is that people share resources - if someone finds some rankings during a dead time, or finds another good waiver wire IDP writer, they share and we all get smarter.

Users who are viewing this thread